PDA

View Full Version : Brushed motors

ice329
12-20-2008, 09:49 AM
I just burt up my second Venom 19t double. The first one venom said there was a problem with manufactoring and send me a new one, 2 runs in my old TRX-1 and sizzled it to. A 19t double should have a ton of power I would think? I even changed the lowered gear. I ran a stock Slot Machine motor in it for 20 years... Anyone got a a suggestion for a good inexpensive motor. Maybe a little more modified then a stock motor. I wish I could find a new slot machine motor...

Boatman
12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Its amazing some of the good ol motors are being phased out so quickly. I know that there are many guys actually into making their own motors now. There is nothing better in my opinion than a quality hand wound brushed motor. I would suggest another manufacturer other than venom for your next choice. I personally dont break in my brushes quite like I should but hey, I guess thats why they make replacements so cheap.

ice329
12-21-2008, 04:11 PM
I threw the Traxxas stinger motor back in and she runs fine just not powerful. I am recalling Venom tomarrow. I mean for 19 bucks I am not gonna go nuts but its the point... its a 19T modified and it should push this buggy like crazy and I burnt up 2 of them running simple 6 cell packs. I break then in pretty good so there is no way they should burn up. The wire up closest to the brush area burt, I dont know the correct name but there are like 3 ans ond cooked. Just for kicks I serched ebay for a slot machine.. the motor is 20 years old and the guy still wants 21 bucks for it and like 6 shipping. I think I payed 19.99 from NYC. hehe

J Solinger
12-21-2008, 11:05 PM
I've been using a Chameleon 2 19t motor in n-1 spec boats. It has proven to be a tough little motor.

ice329
12-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Called today.. I hate break stones for 17 bucks but.. a motor should run. Anyways Venom was very good about it. There replacing the motor again. Sounds like they know there is a problem. I opted for a 21T double, see if that works out, if not no big deal.