PDA

View Full Version : Darin's UL-1 Arrived... with a "personal" touch!

Darin Jordan
12-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Well... last night we got home and low and behold... the UPS Santa had been by my house... Had two large boxes sitting on the front porch!

When I opened the larger box, I found inside a second box, containing a new RED UL-1 setup... with a little something extra!

Keep this in mind the next time you question the dedication of our favourite AQ Boat developer! ;)

Absolutely cracked me UP! THANKS MIKE!!

JimClark
12-18-2008, 12:30 AM
So Tower has them Drop shipped from Mikes warehouse?

Darin Jordan
12-18-2008, 01:13 AM

With this first batch, I imagine they did... Too short of a turn around to get them from the container, to Tower, then to the customer, and still get them here before Christmas...

Ub Hauled
12-18-2008, 01:26 AM
that is awesome...

Bill-SOCAL
12-18-2008, 02:34 AM

Mike has his own warehouse?? Wow. Now I AM impressed. Hobbico has one in Reno, where is Mike's??

Looks like I have to get one of these things. Can't let you guys have all the fun.

So Mike, when is the next container due and what is the Team price for a Futaba Orange one?? And is it OK to put my 4PK in it??

Grimracer
12-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Sure I do.. its HUGE!

Next shipment is on the water (orange on the way) and O YEA.. 4PK away........

Happy Holidays!

Grimracer

Bill-SOCAL
12-18-2008, 09:57 AM
its HUGE!

Sure you are. You keeping telling yourself that :banana:

Oh wait, you were talking about the warehouse !? :rockon2:

Darin Jordan
12-18-2008, 10:50 AM
And is it OK to put my 4PK in it??

Well.... Since I'm just a little dog here on a big pond... I'll just have to commit what I'm sure some will consider blasphemy and put in my trusty HiTech RX and use my "old" reliable JR XS3-Pro... At least it has a "Momo" wheel on it!! ;)

Doby
12-18-2008, 12:06 PM
So what was in the smaller box?

Darin Jordan
12-18-2008, 12:25 PM
So what was in the smaller box?

The "smaller box" is the one you see in the pics... That is the box containing my red UL1... It was packaged inside a larger box... The other boat, my white UL1, came just in the "smaller box"...

Doby
12-18-2008, 12:27 PM
You have 2,,,,,,How many can you run at one time?!?!?!?

Darin Jordan
12-18-2008, 12:32 PM
You have 2,,,,,,How many can you run at one time?!?!?!?

I'm using one for LSH here in our club... The other is going to donate it's motor/ESC package to a future P-Hydro, and then get transplanted with a Neu 1515 0.5Y and Hydra 240, as well as get trimmed down to 27", to try for N2-Sport.

I know... I'm nuts! I do have a 9-year old son who will likely end up with one of them at some point... AFTER Dad is done messing with them, of course!

Rex R
12-18-2008, 02:10 PM
oh. thats nice. you'll have pardon my lack of enthusiasm over your aquisition, I'm still waiting for mine. last word I got was maybe january.

Grimracer
12-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Rex.

yea the boat the boats ride over on does not go as fast as the UL-1...lol. Can you say "SLOW BOAT"

Hang tought buddy.. it will not be long.

Grimracer

Rex R
12-18-2008, 06:44 PM
my lhs ordered me one back in october(iirc oct21) thety then ordered a 2nd one dec15...its as though some one has decreed 'thou shalt not send any out to the hobby shops(or at least not to my neck of WI) untill we have our 3rd shipment' or so it appears to me. and then darin pops up w/ 2 of them and says 'oh I don't plan to run this one for quite some time', tis almost enough to make one say fie on ac and quit buying their boats.

Fluid
12-18-2008, 07:09 PM
My LSH has had them for about a week. It seems like the RTR gods just don't like Rex....:confused1:

Grimracer
12-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Rex.. Im going to be driving by to go home for Xmas here in a few days.. Hum... I wish i had a boat for ya.. I would hand deliver if I could..

Happy Holidays

Grim

Rex R
12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
last couple comments (for now one this point) OTOH by the time I get mine, I'll probably know what all needs attention/fixing during prepping(from reading about problems encountered like a leaky water jacket)
mean while I get to look forward to shoveling more snow out of the driveway (10"-12" forcasted)

egneg
12-18-2008, 08:00 PM
mean while I get to look forward to shoveling more snow out of the driveway (10"-12" forcasted)

I was born in Chicago, IL and raised in Appleton, WI. and I feel for ya. I moved south 25 years ago and don't even own a snow shovel now. It may be the perception from a child's eyes but I think there was a lot more snow back in the early 60's. BTW my boat is here but alas all I can do is look at the box until Christmas!