PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Waveblasters for a Fun Race Day

properchopper
07-24-2018, 04:06 PM
While visiting Florida last week I was invited by Mr. Ken Haines to come up to Port Saint Lucie to hang out & possibly run a few heats with the Waveblasters. What a cool, friendly and fun time ! Ken & the 'Blasters were totally kicked back and mellow PLUS Ken fixed me up with a boat for the SuperVee race ( I took a charitable second), then I ran one of Ken's DF Cyberstorms for P-Ltd Mono [ not so good : struck a dead boat, with a now kicked back rudder cut two buoys and blasted one buoy off course.) Thanks guys for the totally fun time (& the grilled hotdogs). This is how it's done !

Tony
SCFE 678

Ken with a few Trophys :thumbup1:

leonard feeback
07-24-2018, 08:43 PM
Tony, did they have donuts for you?
Leonard

properchopper
07-24-2018, 09:57 PM
Tony, did they have donuts for you?
Leonard

No donuts-but Oh that potato salad :thumbup1:

Later on we had desert

Ken Haines
07-25-2018, 08:54 AM
While visiting Florida last week I was invited by Mr. Ken Haines to come up to Port Saint Lucie to hang out & possibly run a few heats with the Waveblasters. What a cool, friendly and fun time ! Ken & the 'Blasters were totally kicked back and mellow PLUS Ken fixed me up with a boat for the SuperVee race ( I took a charitable second), then I ran one of Ken's DF Cyberstorms for P-Ltd Mono [ not so good : struck a dead boat, with a now kicked back rudder cut two buoys and blasted one buoy off course.) Thanks guys for the totally fun time (& the grilled hotdogs). This is how it's done !

Tony
SCFE 678

Hey Tony, It was great to see you in person and hang out again.
We really have a good group of guys at the club. Trying to grow it
back to the size we had for so many years. It's great seeing the new energy
from both our scale and FE groups. Thanks to all and especially Terry Wald
for cooking up the dogs and beans for lunch.
Hope to see you again on another Florida vist, the guys all enjoyed your company.
Take Care,
The Wave Blasters of Florida :bounce:

Ken Haines
07-31-2018, 07:17 PM
Took a nice club photo with Tony Heller on his
recent visit to the Wave Blasters that I wanted to share.

(Pictured from Left to Right)
Terry Wald
Eric Towne
Caleb Gillen
Ken Haines
Tony Heller
Fede Castano
Ron Desmond
Albert Cline
Kelly Gilmore
Jeff Shipley

I have also attached a group picture from
one of our Spring Shoot-Outs of years ago !

Unfortunately due to other commitments and local District 3 races,
it looks like our next official Club FE race Sunday will be August 26th.
Note: Our very active scale group meets every Sunday from 8 to 10am.
For anyone interested in visiting the Wave Blasters, the site address is:
5000 Seagrape Drive, Ft. Pierce, Florida

TheShaughnessy
08-24-2018, 01:52 PM
Ken must have never seen you pilot a boat before lol. I guess you forgot to mention your coveted accolade, the "two for one special". For those wondering that is where you lend a boat to a fellow boater and then crash into them with the boat you are skippering, damaging both in the process. :doh: :laugh: Sounds like you had a great time Tony and managed to avoid being eaten by any gators.

properchopper
08-24-2018, 02:30 PM
What was really special (and harkened back to earlier days) was some heats PLUS some sharing of tuning stuff - like a little racing AND a little tuning talk. Grilled hotdogs & the fixin's added to the vibes. Like it once was. SCSTA has some of that feeling (minus the donuts:crying:)

ETOWNE
08-24-2018, 06:26 PM
Tony, it was nice meeting you. There was a second row on the start, I was inside on row 2. Someone checked up hard in turn 2, I went off the back of them with nowhere to go. Got about 3’ of air, 40’ put and landed upside down. I was the one you went off of....:laugh:. It’s racing. Once again, nice to meet you and thanks for taking time on vacation to visit a club. Solid.

properchopper
08-25-2018, 01:00 PM
I'll bring some Bondo next visit :doh: The best reason to have a pit spotter is to point out the dead boats - :sorry:

ETOWNE
08-27-2018, 07:32 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: All good. Ken had us get spotters yesterday for sv27, it helped a lot.

properchopper
08-27-2018, 02:14 PM
One lasting "take-away" from my visit was how the SV27 "one-design" class reinforced my long held belief that such classes really help introduce new folks into the racing world and are pure fun at any level. Especially now that there's so many applicable models available and prices are do-able for most. My feeling is that almost any race class - even the so-called Limited classes (now that they've become more specialized) could seem intimidating to newbies. Take P-OPC for example - once a basically entry level class (which I was immediately attracted to) which consisted of your basic AQ TS-2 / REK outdrive / SV27 1500KV motor ended up being so specialized that I gave up - But now take a look at the Cauldwell FS-1 tunnels - what a cool one-design class they would make - I'd jump in right away ! Whatever - (climbing down from my soapbox)

Just picture six of these in a heat :thumbup1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvzm4_9qNww

ETOWNE
08-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Mods....he’s advertising....:laugh::laugh::laugh: j/k

Ya, looks like it’d be fun, box stock. I have a friend that’s new to racing and his p Ltd is pretty fast, he’s alittle intimidated. You’re right too! I was in this or tried being in it and it was not organized enough yet 10 years ago. Right when sv27 and BJ26 came out. What has taken shape in 10 years is cool!The p, q, t...etc is really good. The racemaster deal, online race entry is cool. A lot of confusion or difference is gone.