PDA

View Full Version : Late in the day

Flying Scotsman
12-16-2008, 08:04 PM
I have viewed today many great questions, some good, some not so great. PLEASE ask pertinent questions...search the web or sites for info on basic questions. There are many FE enthusiasts that can answer your questions. I suggest for info on setups view RRR for more balanced answers.

Douggie

Bill-SOCAL
12-16-2008, 08:22 PM
I suggest for info on setups view RRR for more balanced answers.

Douggie

Who you calling unbalanced?? :tt2: :banana:

Flying Scotsman
12-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Who you calling unbalanced?? :tt2: :banana:

Myself :bounce:

Douggie

Diegoboy
12-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Well aren't YOU also on RRR Doug? I guess you answer more effectively over there.
:just-kidding:

Doby
12-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Oh Oh, something PO'd my fellow Canadian.................would love to know what the specifics are !

Simon.O.
12-17-2008, 03:15 PM
I think I can see where Douggie is coming from. I see it time after time on many forums. I do FE , scale boats, crawlers and buggies.
I agree that it is important to search a forum first, look at other forums and do a bit of homework yourself before asking.
As most of you are aware I usually ask here and over at RRR to get as many respected opinions as possible, more balanced ?? that is one way of putting it. I see it as casting a wider net.
It makes me laugh when I see " what is a good prop to use on my SV ??"
You are joking right ?? if you are too lazy to spend 10minutes looking around a site or even the web then I am not interested in helping you
If you ask "what do you think of this setup" I will look and offer an opinion if I believe that it will be helpful.

Overall I think that OSE gets a lot less lazy posters than some of the other sites.
I don't think Douggie is trying to start a turd slinging match here, just having a wee vent, and that is healthy.

Enjoy :thumbup:

Flying Scotsman
12-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Simon, a WEE vent, not a chance :laugh:
It was meant to be instructional. As many of the same questions are asked over and over again and wth no pertinent info. Hey, I was in the same boat when I moved from scale to FE. The reference to RRR was in response to an e-mail I received which was not flattering.:glare:

Douggie

Eyekandyboats
12-17-2008, 04:24 PM
omgwtfbbq.:cursing::nopity:

Flying Scotsman
12-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Understood, Taylor

Flying Scotsman
12-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Darin, do you still have your flame suit for rent or purchase. As I think I might need it :lol:

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 04:50 PM
omgwtfbbq.:cursing::nopity:

Taylor, I have sent you 2 PM's and no response please clarify this statement. As, I presume it is an insult against myself???

Douggie

Diegoboy
12-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Oh My God, What The Fun, Bar-B-Que
is what I believe that stands for...

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Danny, I still do not get it..an insult or ??? plus the violin??

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Also the perpetrator has been on line and not answered within the last hour

Douggie

egneg
12-18-2008, 05:56 PM
My daughter says BBQ is be back quick (newer version of BRB ?). But to to tell you the truth I don't see any relationship.

detox
12-18-2008, 05:58 PM
As a child I once had a friend that was from Canada. It was very fun to make him mad. When mad...you could not understand a single word shouted from of his mouth. I am sure he was French Canadian.

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Detox, remember I am a Scot. When we get mad watch out

Douggie

detox
12-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Are you French Canadian?

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 06:09 PM
No Scottish .

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 06:17 PM
But for Detox. There was an OLD ALLIANCE formed around the 14th century where the Scottish highland and court leaders would send their children to be educated at the French court. That became a problem as protestant and catholic values clashed in later times.

Douggie

detox
12-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I am impressed... we we

ReddyWatts
12-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Urban Dictionary:

"omgwtfbbq"'

Stands for Oh, my god! What the f? Barbecue.
Could be used in any number of ways as just an exclamation of surprise, victory, shock, or disgust. On the scale of words, it is "what the f" taken to it's maximum extreme.
Commonly used in 6 ways:
1)An exclamation after seeing something, and you just can't beat the images out of your eyes.
"OMGWTFBBG, I just saw my parents having sex! *cries*"
2) Is used when someone, or something, in or out of a video game dies horribly and instantly, typically involving a firey death.
"I saw this gnome sleeping in a field of dry grass, so I casted a flamestrike on him and he was like OMGWTFBBQ dead.
3) Is used in extreme cases of surprise like if your parents randomly bought you an X-Box. "OMGWTFBBQ, I just got $1000 back on my tax refund!"
4) used mockingly when disgusted by leet speak.
"noob: OMG U R Teh Suxx0rz, I R l337!111!!"
"normal person: OMGWTFBBG, go read a dictionary, nubcake."
5) Used when you see something completely out of the ordinary, typically disgusting, and are confused as hell.
Such as finding a dead rat on your pillow. "OMGWTFBBQ, someone *!***!***!***!** in my Cheerios!"
6)Lastly, suddenly finding a barbecue picnic in the middle of nowhere.
"OMGWTFBBQ, can I have a burger?"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?page=2&term=OMGWTFBBQ

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Back to the point, Taylor, what does your post mean??

Edit

Thanks, reddy but I still not get Taylor's violin and lack of response

Douggie

Doby
12-18-2008, 06:56 PM
I waiting to see where this thread is going......................:confused1::confused1:

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Doby..Dead right...I guess it is a crash course in kdgfrfeu7e and what does that mean.

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Taylor, you are there , please explain

Chilli
12-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Douggie,

Here is an explanation of the violin music. Mostly "cut and paste" of the internet. I have not read most of the previous posts on this thread, nor do I care to. No judgment on anyone. I know too well things often get taken out of context on these forums.

Violin music is often associated with the tearful scenes in the movies. Usually it's is a sarcastic form of sympathy when someone is telling a sob story. When somebody is whining and telling a long sob story some rub their thumb and index finger together and sarcastically say "This is the world's smallest violin, and I'm playing a sad song for you".

Mike

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Douggie,

Violin music is often associated with the tearful scenes in the movies. Usually it's is a sarcastic form of sympathy when someone is telling a sob story. When somebody is whining and telling a long sob story some rub their thumb and index finger together and sarcastically say "This is the world's smallest violin, and I'm playing a sad song for you".

Mike

That is what I presumed

Taylor, what is your response and please do not give me the nice answers . You are ACTING your age ..18 years old, I believe

A pissed of Douggie

Eyekandyboats
12-18-2008, 07:15 PM
you guys are so funny.
nubcake... damn i haven't heard that for a while.

Understood, Taylor
and soon following

Taylor, I have sent you 2 PM's and no response please clarify this statement
which is it ?

Also the perpetrator has been on line and not answered within the last hour
thats the best thing about power. it is on most all the time!. computer on in the morning. computer off in the evening.
i have firefox as a background program with all the tabs open ( this being one of them) which starts up as i turn on my computer along with MSN
so. i should actually be on from Oh 6 AM till maybe 12PM

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Taylor. please respond to my questions or will it be the pig farm
Douggie

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Enough said, Taylor I wish all the best with your new employer, but dark days are ahead.

Eyekandyboats
12-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Enough said, Taylor I wish all the best with your new employer, but dark days are ahead.
thanks but its not a new employer, hes a old friend
here is a 4 week old piggy.

dark days? what does that mean. I have 2 very good jobs which are not going any where any time soon.
the toy business will continue to grow, our sales are up, and remember LEGO is not a US company, the roots go back so far it doesnt even matter!
and who can live with out food? i'd like to see some one do that
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s174/eyekandy19/003.jpg

Doby
12-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Now I'm even more confused......................Whats going on:huh::confused1::huh:

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 10:19 PM
John, send me a PM All we be revealed

Douggie

Eyekandyboats
12-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Or send me a PM and i will give your Christmas gift!
your choice.. LOL

Now I'm even more confused......................Whats going on:huh::confused1::huh:

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Again, please explain what your original post MEANT

Eyekandyboats
12-18-2008, 10:25 PM
are you sure you want to know

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 10:29 PM
You may laugh out loud, but you have lost my hope for the new generation. Enjoy your aspirations young man

Douggie

Eyekandyboats
12-18-2008, 10:31 PM
are you really really sure you want to know?
really really

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 10:31 PM
are you sure you want to know

YES I WOULD IF YOU CAN PRINT IT

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Well mister twit I am waiting for your answer... unabridged

Eyekandyboats
12-18-2008, 10:35 PM
so in layman's terms that's a yes?

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Still waiting for an answer to your original post

Eyekandyboats
12-18-2008, 10:41 PM
i have some sambuca in the trunk of my car for a present. but you know what i think i should crack it open for me and you what do ya say?that should loosen the tension

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 10:44 PM
My fellow Canadian, you do not answer a direct question as to what your giberish meant. Fess up or go away

DSouggie

Eyekandyboats
12-18-2008, 10:48 PM
i think some one was already into the sambuca even before i mentioned it! lol

DSouggie

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Sambuca not a chance....some 20 year old single malt ...now you are talking

Taylor, I just want to know what you MEANT

Douggie

detox
12-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Taylor is playing games...maybe he was talking in French Canadian.

I quote from Cheech and Chong's Big Bamboo album
"You are from Canaaadaaa Not You Are Buster"?

Eyekandyboats
12-18-2008, 10:57 PM
maybe.

maybe he was talking in French Canadian.

Eyekandyboats
12-18-2008, 10:58 PM
awe man i love the taste, if i didn't have to go to work tomorrow :ThumbsDown01:

Sambuca not a chance....some 20 year old single malt ...now you are talking

Taylor, I just want to know what you MEANT

Douggie

Steven Vaccaro
12-18-2008, 10:59 PM
I suggest for info on setups view RRR for more balanced answers.

Douggie

WHAT? :doh: :doh::doh:

I was going to stay out of this, but its gotten under my skin. What an insult to every skilled and experienced boater that answers threads on this forum. RRR is a good place. I post and visit there also. But please don't go trampling on OUR forum because you have a thorn in your side about something. :mad:

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Detox, I hate games and I think his intellect will not survive a true battering

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Steven, please explain that last message

Eyekandyboats
12-18-2008, 11:08 PM
your kidding me!
any way i love you flying! you too Steven :tiphat: and detox (:p. But its "late at night" and i got to ship 1400 little pigs tomorrow at 4 AM so i got to sleep.

Steven, please explain that last message

Steven Vaccaro
12-18-2008, 11:08 PM
You suggested to the readers of this forum to go somewhere else to find a "more balanced answer" for setups. There are people here on this forum that can answer those questions.

Steven Vaccaro
12-18-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm heading to bed also. This ones another dead end thread. I need to learn how to move on from these things.

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Steven. Your forum is great. Please show the insults you refer to

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 11:19 PM
You suggested to the readers of this forum to go somewhere else to find a "more balanced answer" for setups. There are people here on this forum that can answer those questions.

No, there are people on European sites that have huge knowledge and can offer a different power viiewpoint.

Douggie

Steven Vaccaro
12-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way.

For example, If you owed a Italian restaurant and one of your good customers said to another customer to try the Italian restaurant across the street, what would you think?

Flying Scotsman
12-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way.

For example, If you owed a Italian restaurant and one of your good customers said to another customer to try the Italian restaurant across the street, what would you think?

Steven, I would sanple their wares or food and say yay or nay

Dooggie

ReddyWatts
12-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Doogie, order me one of what your drinking. ha

Flying Scotsman
12-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Taylor, a last response to what your text driven message meant. If no answer..YCGAFUS.
If you wish me to translate, send me a pm
This is the last epistle on this sad journey

Douggie

Eyekandyboats
12-19-2008, 05:44 PM
well you dont have to be mean about it. i dont even think i said anything bad! But yo9u just took it over the edge! LOL!!!!!:w00t::rofl:

Taylor, YCGAFUS.

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
12-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Taylor,no LOL
What does your script mean.

Douggie

Xzessperated
12-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Taylor, a last response to what your text driven message meant. If no answer..YCGAFUS :w00t::w00t::w00t:.
If you wish me to translate, send me a pm
This is the last epistle on this sad journey

Douggie

You two really should get married before you talk to each other like this.

Flying Scotsman
12-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks, Paddy
Marriage, I doubt it, he is into pigs and you know what I prefer. The WELLIES are on

Douggie

egneg
12-19-2008, 06:15 PM
You two really should get married before you talk to each other like this.

Paddy - Dougie has already propositioned Dirty and even wanted to share a hotel room with a single queen! So unless he professes to be a Mormon I fear there will be trouble as love triangles rarely work out. Not to mention that Dolly may be a bit perturbed and bent on revenge. :w00t:

Flying Scotsman
12-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Chuck, that is hillarious
Paddy???

Douggie

Xzessperated
12-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Paddy - Dougie has already propositioned Dirty and even wanted to share a hotel room with a single queen! So unless he professes to be a Mormon I fear there will be trouble as love triangles rarely work out. Not to mention that Dolly may be a bit perturbed and bent on revenge. :w00t:

Chuck, Dolly is not the only one in tears. You are so funny I am crying with laughter. Anyway I should butt out of their dust up.
Me thinks Taylor has him on the line and reeling him in.

Doby
12-19-2008, 06:22 PM
My Fellow Canadians;

This little spat is making our great country look a little immature when we can't even get along with ourselves.:doh:

Taylor is a awkward teenager (I met him at the Canadian Nationals, very nice guy, but still a teenager) / Douggie is a self proclaimed old fart (I'm sure I read that somewhere on here),,,is it a surprise to anyone that they don't see eye to eye.:olleyes:

Come on guys, let it go, to bad you don't live closer to each other and could settle this in the spring, on the water, where it really matters.

Now both shake hands, give a hug and :beerchug:

Flying Scotsman
12-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Paddy, not a chance as he drives a piece of American crap.

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
12-19-2008, 06:26 PM
My Fellow Canadians;

This little spat is making our great country look a little immature when we can't even get along with ourselves.:doh:

Taylor is a awkward teenager (I met him at the Canadian Nationals, very nice guy, but still a teenager) / Douggie is a self proclaimed old fart (I'm sure I read that somewhere on here),,,is it a surprise to anyone that they don't see eye to eye.:olleyes:

Come on guys, let it go, to bad you don't live closer to each other and could settle this in the spring, on the water, where it really matters.

Now both shake hands, give a hug and :beerchug:

Very true...Taylor, I will shake your hand...will you do likewise?

Douggie

ghostofpf1
12-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Good Lord...all this angst over a few letters typed in jest...:doh:

Steve

Flying Scotsman
12-19-2008, 06:45 PM
In Jest, I do not think so.
The OLIVE branch is extended to Taylor. He can grasp it or not.

Douggie

Chilli
12-19-2008, 07:19 PM

Douggie

Hey, My last two pieces of Amercan crap were assembled in Canada...:canada:

Flying Scotsman
12-19-2008, 07:19 PM
John, the funny part is I love youth and their search for knowledge, but smartass gentlemen I have no time for. I trust that I will not be banned for my comments, as I love this forum.

Douggie

Doby
12-19-2008, 07:56 PM
You seem to have behaved your self very well so far, I don't see any reason for a banning.:bowdown:

Flying Scotsman
12-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Well, Master Taylor and gentleman...will you respond prior to Xmas. If not no pressies for you!!!

Douggie

Doug Smock
12-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey, My last two pieces of Amercan crap were assembled in Canada...:canada:

:patriot:LOL:usa:

Doug :laugh:

Boatman
12-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Well, Master Taylor and gentleman...will you respond prior to Xmas. If not no pressies for you!!!

Douggie

/\
l
l
l
Wants to make 1000 posts by 2009!

Eyekandyboats
12-20-2008, 12:01 AM
i <3 this thread
if you google the name "taylor" this thread is the top hit because my name is mentioned about a billion times

andym
12-20-2008, 12:57 AM
Oh *!***!***!***!**, my computer has been in the shop and I have missed most of this great battle, Douggie have another drink tonight mate and give em all heaps, Taylor I think you should start drinking Whiskey with Douggie and combine forces kinda like Batman & Robin ( yes Douggie you can be Batman). Then Steve can ban the both of you and us upstanding members of OSE can sneak over to RRR and watch you scharleton's get banned from there too. Oh what fun. Merry Xmas
Lots of Love Andy .....................................

Eyekandyboats
12-20-2008, 01:00 AM
I dont post on rum runners to much. I drink with friends and i will take a screwdriver.. make it a double

Oh *!***!***!***!**, my computer has been in the shop and I have missed most of this great battle, Douggie have another drink tonight mate and give em all heaps, Taylor I think you should start drinking Whiskey with Douggie and combine forces kinda like Batman & Robin ( yes Douggie you can be Batman). Then Steve can ban the both of you and us upstanding members of OSE can sneak over to RRR and watch you scharleton's get banned from there too. Oh what fun. Merry Xmas

Xzessperated
12-20-2008, 01:40 AM

Love is not feeding your kids Baked Beans for a month so that you can send Hanspeter some money for a new boat Andy

andym
12-20-2008, 09:43 AM
I have just done the math and the kids will be lucky to get baked beans! Bread and water is where its at so Hans old mate can make me a hull. It will be longer than a month too............

Steven Vaccaro
12-20-2008, 09:59 AM
For some reason this song lyric is running around in my head.....

"If your happy and you know it stomp your feet"...."If your happy and you know it stomp your feet".

Boatman
12-20-2008, 10:38 AM

"If your happy and you know it stomp your feet"...."If your happy and you know it stomp your feet".

Steven should WIN "POST OF THE DAY"! That is a good one. :rofl:

Spot Me 2
12-20-2008, 11:16 AM
" If your happy, and you know it, Then you posts will surely show it.":tongue_smilie:

Thanks Steven, now its stuck in my head too.:swear::frusty:

Bill-SOCAL
12-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Let me help.....

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=7387

Now I will have this one in my head all weekend!!

All time worst?? A friend of mine is an electrician and he spent 3 months working INSIDE the "It's a Small World" ride at Disneyland. 3 months of listening to "It's a small world after all, it's a small....." Over and over and over and over and over and over and...................

Flying Scotsman
12-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh crap Bill. I have only just managed to get that song out of my head from our visit in 1979

Douggie AKA Batman

Eyekandyboats
12-20-2008, 12:21 PM
they do show it! all i want to do is have FUN!

" If your happy, and you know it, Then you posts will surely show it.":tongue_smilie:

Thanks Steven, now its stuck in my head too.:swear::frusty:

Flying Scotsman
12-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Well Robin here is an olive branch from Batman.
Let us both shut up and shake hands and neither of us use text format in the future

Douggie

Eyekandyboats
12-20-2008, 12:42 PM
the chicken dance!

Flying Scotsman
12-20-2008, 12:47 PM
the chicken dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro

Olive branch removed Robin.

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
12-20-2008, 07:28 PM
THE LAST EPISTLE

Sir Douggie and Sir Taylor view the battlefield. They both state this must end. They come to a mutual aggrement. A Knight battle will take place. Sir Douggie choses Dolly as his trusty steed, Sir Taylor will chose his favourite animal from his previous work experince. Weapons are lances. I chose Schulze, Sir Taylor ETI.
The fight is engaged with two mighty blows they meet each other, The crowd goes crazy, LI-PO batteries are thrown in appreciaton. The two battle worn warriors arise form the dust and exclaim who won. Sir Steven arrises and states neither twits.

End of story

Douggie

egneg
12-20-2008, 07:45 PM
I think there was some cheating here - it appears that someone snuck into the barn late at night and greased the pig!

Xzessperated
12-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Andy told his girlfriend "Once a King, always a King" and she said " Yes Andy but once a night, oops I mean Knight is enough".

AndyKunz
12-20-2008, 08:46 PM

What brands do they build in Canada? They don't have Lucas Electric up there, do they? :D

All I know is I used to have a 351 Windsor in my Torino. The 351 Clevelands blew it away. Was it crap because it was an American car or because of the Canadian engine?

Andy

Simon.O.
12-21-2008, 01:48 AM
All I know is I used to have a 351 Windsor in my Torino. The 351 Clevelands blew it away.

There was a very old trick here many years ago when I was a lad into fast cars, We took a 351W and dropped the Cleveland heads on it with a reduced head gasket. Then drop the whole grenade into a Mk2 Ford Cortina or a Hillman Avenger, some of England's finest. :laugh:
A combo of the two motors is a very fine beast indeed.:rockon2:

Chilli
12-21-2008, 02:38 AM
Yep.... The 302 or 351 Windsor with the Cleveland heads. Poor mans Boss 302. Those were the days.

Eyekandyboats
12-21-2008, 12:36 PM
i love my American car. cars rather
i support our country even tho some don't
you know its sad when a Canadian/American beefs a car that was once the standard of the world and build in the USA

and "Douggie" what is with is with the sir crap. i live in the 21st century not in the middle ages