PDA

View Full Version : Made A new FE friend last Sunday !

properchopper
12-11-2008, 10:18 PM
As I was leaving the lake last Sunday, while being there by myself, a fellow pulls up outside the gate and shows me his NAMBA card [ required to use the racer's area]. He hadn't obtained his gate and rescue rowboat key yet, and had a nice gas boat with him. I asked him if he had any FE boats, and he replied that he previously raced in Great Britian and has a Triton and Synchron ! Yippie ! I unlocked the gate & decided to hang out with him. Bill showed up & we [ mostly Bill] helped dial in his gasser. We agreed to get together & run FE on a regular basis. What a cool deal ! [There's only Bill, Jan & myself running FE in a city as large as Los Angeles, at least at Legg] He was a super nice fellow and I was totally stoked to find such a nice fellow to add to the party & I felt warm & fuzzy all the way home :smile:

Meniscus
12-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Cool! I like new members, they make it fun for everyone involved. Plus you get to "appropriate" some other concepts you may not be implementing.

:)

properchopper
12-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Agreed. Europe race rules have longer heats; 4 minutes & such. New info is good :smile:

Flying Scotsman
12-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Tony, I hope he was Scottish :smile:. The English are another species :just-kidding:
Great to see people with a common interest to enjoy and learn from each other.

Douggie

properchopper
12-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Tony, I hope he was Scottish :smile:. The English are another species :just-kidding:
Douggie

Actually Douggie, he appeared to be neither. Out of respect for his anonymity I won't say, but by his name It's likely that he could have raced with the Baghdad Canal Cruisers :smile:

Flying Scotsman
12-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Tony, I have to meet you, one of these days
Your love of life and sense of humour intrigue me

Douggie

Bill-SOCAL
12-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Actually Douggie, he appeared to be neither. Out of respect for his anonymity I won't say, but by his name It's likely that he could have raced with the Baghdad Canal Cruisers :smile:

True enough. But let's not go into how a certain FE boater who shall rename mainless (OK, it was Tony) was a little confused by the origin of the poor fellow's name and asked if perhaps he was a member of the Tel Aviv Aquanauts!!! :doh:

And our new fellow was indeed gracious and answered with a simple "No". Although I thought I heard him uttering some sort of curse involving numerous desert creatures under his breath, but that might have been just the wind!! :banana:

It's all good. He does FE and gas. He'll have some fun at Legg!!