PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone built the Dumas Donzi Z 65??

Spot Me 2
12-11-2008, 12:15 PM
I know some of us are into scale. This would be my first scale venture(for boats anyway) I love the size and how it looks!! I thought it might be a nice build while I am recovering. Maybe I can still have Santa bring me one?????

I was woundering how hard the build was and how many hours of building enjoyment it took???:roflol:

Flying Scotsman
12-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Scale boats are a labour of love. Take MANY hours to build. Search Mack Marine for power options etc. The build process can be complex, but very rewarding.
Edit
Where have you found a kit as Dumas discontinued this kit. I believe it came with a fibreglass hull and that takes out the difficult hand build process

Douggie

Spot Me 2
12-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Douggie, I will release my sorce after I buy mine. I have been told that dumas is going to rerelease the model with some updates. As you know I have nothing but time on my hands.

properchopper
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Mike, I fell in love with the Donzi 65 years ago. Three years ago I went to Hansen resovoir to run with a really nice fellow, Tom K who is a scale fanatic. There was a beautiful Donzi 65 there, running on twin 800 motors. Why not PM Tom, [ his online name is KMOT and you can find him in the member list here] ; maybe he can put you in touch with the Donzi fellow.

Diegoboy
12-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Vett (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954435&highlight=donzi) on RCgroups has recently built and sold one.