PDA

View Full Version : Proof that...

calcagno45
12-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Ok here's some proof for those nuts that believe in "Global Warming".....

This is South Louisiana, south of I-10, where its normally 60+ degrees right in December. California and Florida both will be hit with some of the coldest weather also...

Diegoboy
12-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Man don't you know that Global warming will trigger the next Ice age? My 6yo knows that! :ohmy:
:sarcasm1:

Chop
12-11-2008, 01:29 PM
You want more? I'll be happy to send you some of ours!

ghostofpf1
12-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Funny..Here in NorCal we are having one of the warmest winters in my recent memory.
Ghost
edit...figured I'd explain my point now so I don't have to later...
You can't take a single incident and expect to use it as an argument for a global scenario....
What makes it colder in one place will make it warmer in another and vice versa....

Bill-SOCAL
12-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Thank you for posting the proof. This is EXACTLY what "Global Warming" does. It leads to an unstable, unpredictable and unusual weather system.

So while you clearly intended this to defend your total misunderstanding of what global warming means it actually proves the point precisely.

This is why the preferred term is changing over to global climate change, or global climate instability. Not as catchy for the 11 o'clock news, but more descriptive and less prone to being misunderstood.

Dr. Jet
12-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Have you noticed that the language the Left uses regarding this topic has changed?

It used to be: "We're all going to die from Global Warming!" Now that that hoax has been de-bunked (do a search for an article by Fred L. Oliver, P. E., from Dallas Texas, dated February 1, 2001), the Left is telling us: "We're all going to die from Climate Change!"

Again I ask: How arrogant can you people on the Left be to actually believe in anthroprogenic climate change. It's like spitting in the ocean and expecting to see a change in the sea levels.

No, I don't condone wanton disregard for the environment, but raising my taxes or forcing me to live in a mud hut just to "cure" the weather is absurd. And buying "carbon credits" will help? I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night.

Flying Scotsman
12-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Dr. Jet and all. My rediculous position is that we do not have a clue with what we do with our planet. We are not a responsible bunch. We destroy every other plant, creature that tries to survive on this planet. We are aghast in condemenation of people that mistreat domestic animals. But we love our food. My 2 cents
PS I am a carnivour

Douggie

Ub Hauled
12-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Humans are one of 2 living "things" on this rock that don't know (and don't wanna know) how to live in harmony with the surroundings... the other one is called a virus.
With that being said, I hope we do take a crash course on "living and let live" for the sakes of our children.

"We are smoking in a small room and the air (and everything else) is getting saturated with pollutants."

AndyKunz
12-11-2008, 03:31 PM
In other words, the same temperature fluctuations we have seen for the past 6000 years of recorded human history (ie, they are "normal") are now proof that the climate is changing?!?!?!

A few years ago a hurricane guy predicted they would have a larger number of storms than usual. Pensacola was devasted, and they ran to the latter end of the alphabet with named storms (first time ever). His studies predicted that the following year would be even worse. He was wrong. So wrong, in fact, that the number of storms was below normal. These are the same models that predicted Global Warming. Then the data showed the opposite, so they changed the name to Climate Change.

They have more stories than OJ to try to cover their tracks!

If I didn't want the weather to change, I would live in Phoenix (360 days sunshine per year) not Champaign (if you don't like the weather, come back in an hour)!

Andy

Bill-SOCAL
12-11-2008, 05:48 PM
The basic issue here is that so many of you are trying to make this a political thing. Hence the references to "the left". It is NOT a political issue, what to do about it may be, but there is very little question in the minds of anyone who actually understands the data that the global average temperature has increased faster than would be predicted for a normal variation. Whether that is man caused or not is not really an issue for the people actually involved in it.

But then the "what to do about it" question gets raised and that is where it somehow morphs into a political issue.

So yes, it is simple minded to point to a cold day someplace and say "see, it's all garbage."

Even Bush admits that there is global warming. The real questions are can we do anything about it, do we need to do anything, and do we really understand what the consequences of action or no action really are.

I will agree that those questions are open to a lot of discussion, but to deny the very existence of global warming is basically ignoring reality.

But you guys just want to make it a political thing. The worst thing that happened to this issue was Al Gore. If not for him most of you would care less. But since you now view it as "left agenda" item you will deny it even exists since it conforms to your political ideology to do so.

NorthernBoater
12-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Humans are one of 2 living "things" on this rock that don't know (and don't wanna know) how to live in harmony with the surroundings... the other one is called a virus.
With that being said, I hope we do take a crash course on "living and let live" for the sakes of our children.

"We are smoking in a small room and the air (and everything else) is getting saturated with pollutants."

Not all viruses are bad. Phages kill bacteria and do it better than any antibiotic that we make. As the bacteria adapt they adapt with the bacteria.

Diegoboy
12-12-2008, 10:52 PM

I disagree. some introduced species in a new environment will have no concern with living in harmony with it's surroundings. Left unchecked with no natural predators, they can and will overrun whatever environment they thrive in.

Ex: Cane Toad, Snakehead, Norway rat, Kudzu

AndyKunz
12-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Those who think we were placed here by aliens would find that as "evidence."

:D

Andy

ace028
12-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Those who think we were placed here by aliens would find that as "evidence."

:D

Andy

What do you mean by think we were placed by aliens? I know I was! :bounce::just-kidding:

sjslhill
12-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Snow is LA this week? I hope so, this will add to the proof that Global Warming needs to be addressed.

We need to stop using oil and coal asap!

Ice is increasing in the arctic this year, more proof that global warming is happening. Why do people not understand that colder weather is caused by global warming.

It's just like GM, spending more than you take in is the prefered method of running a company today! The USPS has ran that way for years and is a model example of how you lose money and pay good wages. The state of CA is doing the same, good for them. All you have to do is call Washington and dial 1-800-Bail-Out

What's coming in 2009
Complete Government paid health care for all
Banning of new Coal and Gas electrical plants
CO2 taxes on exsisting plants and skyrocket electrical rates
Complete bail outs for all companies that use Union workers
Stock market falling, no problem, just drop in another 700 billion of China's money that is borrowed.
No taxes for all below $100K

I can't wait, everything will be free in 2009 and together can stop global warming!