PDA

View Full Version : My new BJ26 brushless keeps cutting out!!!!!!!!!

Tbone2000
12-11-2008, 12:13 AM
I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this:confused2:???? I bought a used (nearly new) BJ26 brushless from someone on this site and I took it out for the first time today and the thing kept cutting out after about 1/4 throttle or less.

Out of the water I could rev it to full throttle, but everytime I put it in the water it would lurch forward and stop, then when I gave it gas again it would lurch forward then stop again. It was very annoying. I tried putting in different packs and it did the same thing.

I also tried shutting everything off and unplugging the packs. Also, I changed the throttle trim settings on my remote. Nothing helped.

I know there is a rev limiter so you can't over rev it on land, but in my case it seems to be reversed because I can rev it out of the water but not in the water:doh:

The previous owner had programmed it to run on lipos, but I used the programming module to change the settings back to NiMH. I'm really confused as to what is going on:confused:

JimClark
12-11-2008, 01:03 AM
lipo cutoff voltage it still set

RCprince
12-11-2008, 03:50 AM
Nimhs are dying, they are not holding their voltage underload.

Tbone2000
12-11-2008, 04:51 AM
Thanx for the input!!! I don't think the batteries are the problem as it did it with 2 different sets and I used these afterward in my SV27 with no problems. The 2 sets are both fairly new packs.
I think the problem is with the ESC. I'm pretty sure that I used the programming module correctly. It was set to "High" voltage cutoff and I just reprogrammed it to "Low "cutoff voltage. Hopefully this will do the trick!!! Won't know until I go back to the pond.

kookie_guy
12-11-2008, 07:38 AM
It was set to "High" voltage cutoff and I just reprogrammed it to "Low "cutoff voltage. Hopefully this will do the trick!!! Won't know until I go back to the pond.

that should solve the issue. Common thing with this boat. Had same problem out of the box, changing to low cutoff fixed it.

Tbone2000
12-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks Kookie Guy! Hey, I like your screename/picture of the girl:tongue_smilie: Very nice :thumbup:

kookie_guy
12-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks Kookie Guy! Hey, I like your screename/picture of the girl:tongue_smilie: Very nice :thumbup:

Jessica Alba, mmmmmmmmmmm.

Tbone2000
01-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Ok, I have reprogrammed the ESC for
1. NiMH
2. Low Cutoff
3. Idle
and the thing still keeps cutting out underload (in the water). Am I not programming it right?? I noticed that after reprogramming and replugging the ESC into the receiver I can control the steering but not throttle control. Is this normal? In order to get throttle control I have to unplug the battery packs then plug in again. I'm just wondering if my programing is being set or if I am losing it each time I unplug the packs. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

H&MWill
01-17-2009, 06:26 PM
My SV did this to me and it was the ESC was bad. The boat would go about 3 feet and stop. Then I would let off and it would reset and go 3 feet again. I have 2 SV's. This happened after I used the ESC in another boat with too big of a prop. I replaced the ESC and problem solved. I think you will find the same tjing in your case. Will

Tbone2000
01-18-2009, 12:59 AM
I think I may have fixed the problem. After trying to reprogram the ESC several times I think it finally worked, or at least the boat isn't cutting out in the bathtub anymore. I'm not sure what I did diffrent, but the ESC seems to working fine now. By the way, I tried the holding throttle wide open while plugging in batteries tip and that didn't help. It did reset the ESC, but the cutting out continued.
I sure am glad it wasn't the packs causing the problem, as I don't want to dump a bunch of money on new lipos. I knew it must be in the ESC because my NiMH packs work great in my SV27, especially the 7 cells.

sn00p
01-18-2009, 12:03 PM
i had to do the full throttle trick 3 times before it would work correctly... sounds like the card may be the same too... i nearly dumped my nimhs too. I then forked out nearly £200 on 2 x 4900 2s and 2x 49003s zippy rhino packs and await my programing card for testing.

Will let you know how it goes but you do reaise even 4s total lipos gives the boat a whole new lease of life??? going 5s or if your brave 6s and you get some excellent results. Get saving.