PDA

View Full Version : Groveland, FL - Fun Run - Saturday April 14th

M3Bluegsr
04-05-2018, 01:29 PM
If you have a RC boat in the Central Florida area, bring it out for a fun run April 14th. This is an informal event, trying to meet / get others interested in the hobby.

Njpp21@aol.com
04-12-2018, 06:44 PM
FINALLY JOINED AND FOUND WHAT IM LOOKING FOR. I have 4-5 boats and I’m looking to find some guys who are interested as well. I can only go with the wife for so long lol.

Bp9145
04-12-2018, 11:45 PM
tried to get off work that day but was denied. Maybe I'll get sick that day and fell asleep and woke up in Groveland. :olleyes::biggrin::banana:.

zooma
04-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Sorry, I can't make it. Sounds like fun. Please post a report and some pictures.

M3Bluegsr
04-13-2018, 09:05 AM
If you are unable to make it this weekend, someone is usually at the lake on Sundays from 10am to 2ish.

Bp9145
04-13-2018, 09:46 AM
If you are unable to make it this weekend, someone is usually at the lake on Sundays from 10am to 2ish.

Is it every Sundays that a few of you guys meet up there and have some fun? I know zooma invited me to come and check them out last year I believe on a Saturday but I work weekends. Next time I'll put my request early if I know 3-4 weeks in advance. I'm still trying though for tomorrow. I've been asking my coworkers if they want to pick up my shift tomorrow as a switch is too late. I haven't given up.

M3Bluegsr
04-16-2018, 08:22 AM
Is it every Sundays that a few of you guys meet up there and have some fun? I know zooma invited me to come and check them out last year I believe on a Saturday but I work weekends. Next time I'll put my request early if I know 3-4 weeks in advance. I'm still trying though for tomorrow. I've been asking my coworkers if they want to pick up my shift tomorrow as a switch is too late. I haven't given up.

It is almost every Sunday, look up Lake County RC Speeders on Fbook for more info.

P.S. Was a great time, thanks to those who came out. Here are some pictures from Saturday:

https://paulbekemeyer.smugmug.com/Lake-David-Park-Rc-Boating-Event/

zooma
04-16-2018, 10:05 AM

My club races on the first and third Saturdays at Veterans Park in Fruitland Park, FL. So far, we've only had a few guest racers, typically a friend of a member. The town parks dept does require NAMBA membership for insurance.