PDA

View Full Version : Server Issues?

Diegoboy
12-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Is anyone else experiencing intermittent "Page cannot be displayed" errors today?

JimClark
12-05-2008, 04:11 PM
not me

Doug Smock
12-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Yes, and when I do get on it is verrrrry, verrrrrrrrrrry slooooooooooooooow:ThumbsDown01:

Steven Vaccaro
12-05-2008, 07:31 PM
switching to a new server. today and tomorrow it will be spotty.

Ocean Racer
12-06-2008, 01:46 AM
man it took me like 5 minutes of going back and clicking somin just for 1 thing. Hopefully all will be well in a day or two. Thanks steve for keeping it up and running and lisening to are nagging.

Steven Vaccaro
12-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Web hosts really s&*&k! I was switched to a new server, "SUPOSIDLY" faster and more reliable. WELL the switch was done and new server didn't take correctly, so they switched me back to the old one for the time being! GREAT!!! :mad:

ice329
12-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Dude all I can say is, this sight is more addicting the crack... dont ever shut it down again... hehehe

Bill-SOCAL
12-06-2008, 10:42 AM
I could not open the site at all on Friday, all day. Before that it was hit or miss on speed. Sometimes popped open other times it would grind and grind and then finally open.

Diegoboy
12-06-2008, 11:12 AM
I didn't know what to do last night. I went ahead and setup my network scanner. I didn't have anything else to do. :sad:

Steven Vaccaro
12-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I could not open the site at all on Friday, all day. Before that it was hit or miss on speed. Sometimes popped open other times it would grind and grind and then finally open.

Ok now that I have time I can go deeper into the issue. Every URL has a numeric ip address associated to it. For example 123.123.123.123
When someone switches to a new server the ip has to point to its new numerical valued ip. The websurfer sees no change in the lettered url. But on the backend the site is somewhere else. This ip change takes any where from 1-48 hours. What happens is that all the servers in the world have to recognize that new ip. Someone may be able to see the site in 1 hour, some 2 days. I switched ip's yesterday morning to the new ip number. So depending on which server you viewed from you may or my not be able to get in. I have switched back to the old server this morning.

A funny story.
When I did a server change like this for the first time a couple of years ago, I had several payments show up in my paypal account, but NO orders in the OSE site. Turns out that some people were still buying from the original IP. It took some head scratching to see where the orders went, but once I found out how this worked, it all made sense.

Doug Smock
12-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks steve for keeping it up and running and lisening to are nagging.

:thumbup::popcorn2::beerchug:

Rex R
12-06-2008, 03:03 PM
guess it just took awhile for att to be updated, thanks for the info.
rex

Ocean Racer
12-06-2008, 08:07 PM
aw now it smoothly transitions from page to page now thanks steven:thumbup: