PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the "Prince" rcbt-1111

Tech Head
12-03-2008, 11:28 PM
This boat is my prefered choice.

This version from Hong Kong on ebay has twin turn fins, trim tabs, brushless water-cooled inrunner. See the pics!

Looks like a nice boat and reports are positive for it's handling.

I will have one for christmas. Can't wait!

Regards, Brett.

sewerpit
12-04-2008, 08:44 AM
how big is it and whats it go for

Meniscus
12-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Any pictures of the bottom, underneath?

Fluid
12-04-2008, 11:52 AM
This thread sounds like marketing spam to me. Is the OP a dealer or does he/she work for the manufacturer or distributor? The boats for sale on eBay are not the same as the one pictured here - this one has more hardware and perhaps a better motor (still pretty small). Even the OP's screen name is dubious - "Head Tech"? Where is the cred?

Diegoboy
12-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Here is more info about the poster Jay.

Hey everyone, my name is Brett.

I'm into RC cars and boats. I currently have a tamiya TL-01 with DNA1 body and will soon have a SuperVee27 or an rcbt-1111, not sure yet.

I love drawing RC stuff and have included some of my work.

I live on the Northern Beaches of Sydney, Australia.

I hope I can be a worthy contributor and a friend to all.

Regards, Brett.

Hi all,

The drawings take me approx 8 Days, and many hours to complete each one.
I guess my next drawing will be of a boat.

Glad you like them!:thumbup:

My experience with RC has included Tamiya "Boomerang", "Grasshopper"
Mugen "Bulldog", TL-01. I still have the Boomerang and TL-01.
F1 27" Tunnel with 3.5 K&B O/B and tuned pipe (Cutaway skeg).
26" .21 Nitro Mono Vee.
Now the new electric boat is nearly here.

Used to be part of the Sydney Model Power Boat club and I have raced against American boaties at ORAN PARK in Sydney outer west about 20 years ago.

Here are some more pics. If you want better resolution ask and you shall recieve.
The original files are almost 380mb!

Regards, Brett.

Flying Scotsman
12-04-2008, 02:01 PM
That hull looks like a knockoff Delta Force.

Douggie

Tech Head
12-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Sorry to disapoint, but i'm just a pensioner in Aust who found a new boat on ebay.
No spies or espionage to see here.:sarcasm1:

It's actually a rcbt-1107 on the site. Google it! They are going for $210 US for the kit.

Here are more details:

25" deep vee ARTR set. 2881 KV brushless water-cooled in-runner motor with 70A ESC. Boat hull made up hand laid fibreglass with white gel coat. Recommended for use of 3-4s Li-Po or 6-12 cells Ni-mh batteries (batteries not included). Speed reaches up to 85km/h. Radio system not included.

Specification:

Length: 25" (excludes rudder and strut)
Beam: 8"
Motor: 2881KV in-runner with aluminum water-cooled motor mount
ESC: 70A with water cooling jacket (installed)
Drive system: cullet, 4mm flexi cable, brass tube, Teflon lining, Teflon washer, 35mm bronze propeller, prop nut, drive dog, aluminum strut (installed)
Rudder: 95mm aluminum (blade un-installed)
Turn Funs: aluminum (installed)
Trim Tab: aluminum with stainless steel plate (installed)
Other accessories: antenna mount, water tubing’s (installed), water outlet (installed)

They don't have a bottom view of the boat on ebay, but i'm pretty sure it is a delta knockoff!

Regards, Brett.

Fluid
12-04-2008, 09:44 PM
I appologize to Brett and stand corrected. :sorry:

Avanti
12-05-2008, 12:04 AM
That is a delta knock off, you will be happy with the handling, but you will want to upgrade to a 540 size motor. It is currently underpowered, like most eBay boats.

Tech Head
12-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Hey Fluid,

Don't sweat it! I'm OK, just a little bruise on my brain!

Like most of the RTR or ARTR boats from just about anywhere, if you want to go fast, you need to upgrade to a good power plant.
These items don't come cheap, i believe i am going to find that out very soon.

Do you think this setup would be "quickish" as standard with the right batteries?
Any opinions?

Regards, Brett.

Avanti
12-05-2008, 12:37 AM
I would go for an SV type set up in the hull, she would fly.

Tech Head
12-05-2008, 02:35 AM
Hey Avanti,

SuperVee setup? Which parts?

Everything including the hardware or just the motor and ESC?

I had planned to get an XL motor, 120A ESC and lipos that are suggested for the hull.

Thoughts?

Brett.

andym
12-05-2008, 04:05 AM
This is just my opinion but for the price these boats are a way better deal than a super flip. 3 cell with a decent prop should be faster than a standard V. At only 25" would make a great 2s boat with a Neu and hydra 240.

Tech Head
12-05-2008, 06:59 AM
The only things that turned me away from the SV27 are the bow point, (Looks like a UBoat) and the lack of turn fins and trim tabs. Otherwise it's a nice boat.

Thanks andym, for your input. All suggestions will be taken into carefull consideration before i take the plunge into the upgrades.

I am a pensioner so every purchase has to hit the nail on the head!

Regards, Brett.

Avanti
12-05-2008, 08:43 AM
The SV parts I was referring to would be the motor & esc

and yes the stock delta hulls will perform way better than a stock sv hull.

planezero
12-05-2008, 06:25 PM
...and yes the stock delta hulls will perform way better than a stock sv hull.
Why is that, because it's a shallow vee ?

Ocean Racer
12-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Here you go Tech this (www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-blcomboaq) is a link to the SV motor and esc combo. Planezero from my understanding if you look at each boat the Delta is more a race boat. The SV is a is kinda of a race boat/have fun runner because it was meant for first timers but you can make it fly if you have the funds. Also it looks like the delta has more hull below the deck you can see this when you look at them from the side. This would help the boat get a nice running surface and keep its CG real low.

Tech Head
12-06-2008, 05:30 PM
This is the preferred set up on another site:

Motor...Ammo 2300kv
Esc... HiMark 200A (with bec)
Prop... Octura X637
Batteries...4s Lipo (2 x 2s packs in series)

Thoughts? Brett.

Ocean Racer
12-06-2008, 08:30 PM
from what it says here you are going to pull a maximum of 100Amps but you have to remember this is not continuous.
If you dont know what that means it essentially means you will pull X amount of amps while driving. Max amps are
what you pull from the start or if you wrap the prop in somin etc.
Ammo 2300kv (www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-gpmg5290)
If you dont want a 200amp esc a 150amp will work just as well here are 2 that will work.
etti-esc-race-150-BEC (www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=etti-esc-race-150-BEC)
etti-esc-race-150 (www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=etti-esc-race-150)

Tech Head
12-07-2008, 05:50 PM
The second Pic shows a BEC though it says in the description "no BEC".

Are the prices shown AUST$ or US$?

What are the pros and cons of BEC setups in FE boats?
Is there any advantage having a dedicated RX battery in a boat that uses lipos?

Thanks for the feedback, Brett.

Steven Vaccaro
12-07-2008, 05:53 PM
picture is wrong. I will be changing it tonight. price is in US dollars

Tech Head
12-07-2008, 05:55 PM
The second Pic shows a BEC though it says in the description "no BEC"?????

Are the prices shown AUST$ or US$?

What are the pros and cons of BEC setups in FE boats?
Is there any advantage having a dedicated RX battery in a boat that uses lipos?

Thanks for the feedback, Brett.

Ocean Racer
12-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Im still learning to and this is one thing im still trying to learn about to. Maybe the next time steve logs in he can help us with that.

Avanti
12-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Why is that, because it's a shallow vee ?

has more to do with the beam (width)

Ocean Racer
12-08-2008, 09:07 PM
im not sure about that becaus ethe SV has a little wider hull than the delta. Thats also what i was thinking till i saw that.

planezero
12-10-2008, 02:05 PM
My first thoughts were a shallow vee would have more hull in the water when on plane compared to the SV and that would probably give a more stable ride.
But I have no experience with a DF.

I'm asking cause Ill be looking for a new boat come spring and am having doubts wether to go for a 45" DF, a Toy Sport Cat or an expensive 2 engine H&M Drifter XL cat build.
Looking for high top speed and a stable ride rather than any cornering ability...

My main complaint with the SV was constant flipping at higher speeds...

Darin Jordan
12-10-2008, 02:14 PM
My first thoughts were a shallow vee would have more hull in the water when on plane compared to the SV and that would probably give a more stable ride.

Take a shallow V to the extremes, and you end up with a Cracker Box... NOT the most stable boat in the fleet!

The shallow V creates more lift and won't always handle the power as well as a deeper V... There are obviously other factors as well, so this is more of a general comment...

Tech Head
12-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Here is the bottom of the boat.

Found it on ebay. The bare hull is $49US.

Regards, Brett.

SLAUGHTER_AUS
12-10-2008, 06:28 PM
those boats are great the are available from r2 hobbies, i have run one with an ammo 2300 & 2600 & a hydra 240, boat runs very well and stable, i ran this boat on 2x 2s 25c 5000mah packs and it was dynamite... and the hulls are very nicely laid up and quality finished.

Tech Head
12-10-2008, 07:23 PM
The Prince has a much lower profile, compaired to the SV27.
The Cowl detail and sides of the SV27 hull are much taller.
The bow boint on the Prince is also much sharper.
The lower center-of-gravity of the Prince alone would be a huge advantage in the handling.

Yes/No?

Regards, Brett.

SLAUGHTER_AUS
12-10-2008, 07:29 PM
the prince is much better than the sv27 in my opinion, i took all my sv stuff out and put it in the prince, then upgraded again... sv's are good but that hull is tops, allot of guys in the club up here have the prince running from the sv running gear up to an 8xl and all are very nice in the water.

Tech Head
12-10-2008, 07:40 PM
What is your setup at the moment?

Do you have pics?

Please! Brett.

Tech Head
12-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Also, did they buy it from the Hong Kong site (The rcbt-1107 model)
Were there any problems with delivery etc?

What hardware and prop are you using?

Regards, Brett.

SLAUGHTER_AUS
12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
delivery is fine, i recomend buying all the bits you need from here! and yes they bought it from hong kong, ill try and get some pics for you tnight.

Tech Head
12-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Cheers mate!

Check your PM's.

I look forward to the pics and your setup.

Regards, Brett.

obrien
12-10-2008, 08:04 PM
does anyone know the names of other ebay DF knock offs?

Ocean Racer
12-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes i would say that is a good thing to have plus some other must haves to.
Like your setup and your hull are also some things that also help your boat perform.

Tech Head
12-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Pics, Pics, where are the pics?

Only a few more sleeps till i can buy everything i need to get the boat in my hands and running well.

Thanks for the advice and comments, Brett.

ozzie-crawl
12-21-2008, 08:34 PM
i run one of these with a ammo2300 on 4s with a pranther 215 prop it runs around the 43-45mph mark and pulls about 45 amps max, i only run a blackjack 45amp esc,have run a x640 on it and it pulled 49mph and about 70 amps, set one of these up properlly and they handle very well. not that i have seen a real lot but but havent seen a sv27 that will come close to my boat

Doby
12-21-2008, 08:56 PM
does anyone know the names of other ebay DF knock offs?

Promise Hobby sells them on E-Bay, I have a 33" version and it runs very well.

Tech Head
12-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Fullers Fast Electric have a new version made by the same guy that makes the prince, it's 1/2" deeper in the "V" carbon stiffeners on the inside hull bottom and a ply transom doubler.

It's in the "Scratch 'N' Dent" section of the site.

Bit Pricey, compaired to the one on ebay from Hong Kong!

Keep it coming guys!

Brett.

785boats
12-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Just thought I'd throw up a couple of videos.
The first one is mine with the Ammo 2300 on 4s
The second one is a club members' J.T. with an 8XL. This is the fastest one I've seen on 4s.
And if anyone is wondering why SLAUGHTER_AUS has the speed bug, click on the link under his signature on one of his posts. Sorry Ben but people need to know.
Merry christmas to Slaughter Motorsport ... Trevor Lin & Ben... And to everyone else on these boards.
Paul.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WNhjkAXMxlM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IDjcgq6zFzs

calcagno45
12-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Promise Hobby sells them on E-Bay, I have a 33" version and it runs very well.

A friend of mine has that exact one, 33" hull, with 10XL on 6s. It scoots and tracks great and turns great!! 52.3mph.

Frank is a great seller too at Promise Hobby.

Tech Head
12-24-2008, 05:09 AM
A special thankyou to all who have contributed to this thread, there is some good advice on setting up and running this boat.

Merry Christmas to all.

:buttrock::beerchug::roflol::tiphat:

ozzie-crawl
12-26-2008, 10:34 PM
hi paul just wondering how slaughters goes with the 8xl on the oval course with other boats, looks like he wouldnt have any trouble getting out in front tho
scott

madphil
12-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi Guys i have just orderd a prince 25 with the above spec (1107 model) i plan to use a flightpower EVO 25C 5000mah 3s lipo
will it be fast enough to race or is it best to change the motor and ESC also what steering servo do you recomend i am using futaba 2.4Ghz FASST radio gear

phil.

ozzie-crawl
12-27-2008, 07:57 PM
hi phil the only problam i see with one battery pack is if you put it up the front you will have to much forward weight,myself and paul run one pack down each side towards the back off the boat hope this helps
cheers scott

785boats
12-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi Scot.
Hope you had a good Chrissy. Just got the New Years celebrations to get through now.
The white boat is actually J.T.s not Bens (Slaughter.) But yes it handles race water pretty good. But still, like the rest of us, when it catches a wake or a bit of chop the wrong way she'll flip.

Madphil.
With the battery in the front raise the prop angle to at least 1-1/2 degrees. This should lift the front. Your first run should tell you if it's too much or too little. If it's running too wet raise it another 1/2 degree. A little bit makes a big change in the boats attitude.
Have fun.
Paul.

madphil
12-29-2008, 12:21 PM
hi phil the only problam i see with one battery pack is if you put it up the front you will have to much forward weight,myself and paul run one pack down each side towards the back off the boat hope this helps
cheers scott

Hi Scott and paul
I am hoping my boat will come in the next few days
is there any way i can fit the battery in the rear over the prop tube in the centre of the boat .

phil

ozzie-crawl
12-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi Scott and paul
I am hoping my boat will come in the next few days
is there any way i can fit the battery in the rear over the prop tube in the centre of the boat .

no i dont think so as it would be sitting on the motor and servo.
i would try what paul suggests putting it up the front and adjusting the stinger
cheers scott
P.S merry christmas and a happy new year paul

Tech Head
12-30-2008, 03:33 AM
Hey, Brett here.

This photo shows the single battery mount pad, forward of the motor.

The generaly accepted set up for "Gofast" is two lipos either side of the hull.

Take a while to look through the thread, it has lot's of info :thumbup1:

If you put the battery two far back, your boat will cavitate, Porpoise and flip over.

It's all about getting the balance right, See other posts.

Have fun, Brett.

785boats
12-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Phil.
As Scott says It won't fit ( Ijust tried it in mine)
Don't sweat it. Just run the boat with the battery in the tray as farback as you can first & see how she goes. I've only ever tried a 5000mah 4s pack there so your 3s pack might even be a good balance since it will be a bit lighter. You won't know 'till you try it.
Welcome to the long & sometimes steep learning curve of setting up a FE boat. We've all been there & have all had help from others. Now we're all here to help others if we can. So all you can do is run it & let us know the results & we'll help you with the fine tuning.
A couple of tips.
strut raised about 1-1/2 dagrees.
trim tabs at neutral to start with.
TAPE THE HATCH!!! we use Ice Hockey stick tape.
Run the boat for a couple of passes. If the thing is too wet Raise the strut a bit more. If its porpoising or wants to flip drop the strut a bit.
Check that water is coming out of the outlet at speed.
Check the temps regularly.
Check how well those engine mount rails are glued in. I would add a strip of fibre glass cloth to each side of them first up. I just used some 5 min Araldite & cloth on mine.
Scott will tell you the horrors of what happens when they part company with the hull at full noise.
Cheers.
Paul.

madphil
12-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Thankyou Paul for the help and advice , this is very helpfull to get advice of others before i run the boat and save on breakages and lost time at the lake

phil.

Tech Head
12-31-2008, 01:20 AM
Good to see posts from others from different sites, concerning the same boat!

Take a look around, there are lots of "Threads" assossiated with the rcbt-1111 in many locations.

I'll just keep dreaming of getting one. :beerchug:

ozzie-crawl
12-31-2008, 09:00 PM
yes make sure the motor mount is secure,when mine came loose at full speed it blew the hatch of sending the boat about ten feet up and tossed both batteries in the pond
worst part was i never got it on video lol
scott
happy new year

785boats
01-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Just thought I'd let you know that "Bulletproof" hit 45mph (72.4klm/hr) yesterday at the lake with a Grim Racer 40 x 52 - 3 blade prop. I'm happy with that because all temps were barely warm so I can try a more agressive prop next time. Should have tried it yesterday but I was trying to get my cat to handle properly most of the time.
Next week I intend to find a difinitive answer to the scuffing debate.
I'll GPS the boat for a couple of passes, then top up the batteries while I take the shine off the running surface of the hull with some 400 wet & dry. Then I'll run another couple of passes & check the difference. It'll be interesting one way or the other.
All the best.
Paul.

ozzie-crawl
01-19-2009, 01:48 AM
what gps are you useing paul. i have been using the eagle tree data one wich is awsome you get to see not just the top speed but how consistant the speed is plus amp draw etc. i think mine with a pranther 215 was getting between 43-45mph each lap and had a amp draw of 45 amps max produced about 800 watts and max rpm was 35,000 under load. have the data saved on the computer when i get a chance am going to do a video of some of the boats running with the data in the corner of the picture.
as far as scuffing goes acouple of weeks ago a grub screw come loose on my steering and as chance has it i was heading straight for the bank when i lost all steering it hit the bank and proceeded to get airborne and just about removed geoffs head,when it hit the bank it put a bit of a deep gouge in the bottom of the hull. so when i repaired it i thought i would scuff the bottom of the hull. i have not gpsed it to see the diffrence but i did have to drop the trim tabs down a bit as it was no longer running a bit wet but was running just on the ride pad and prop was fast and a lot of fun but was pron to flipping
scott

ozzie-crawl
01-19-2009, 02:34 AM
my setup. ammo 2300 4s 2p 3700 detounged x440 prop blackjack speedie

785boats
01-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Great info there Scott.
Sorry for the delay on the reply but the computer crashed & my son has been reformating the hard drive. Had a few bugs to iron out but he's done it. God bless him.
The GPS I bought was the cheapest Garmin hand held I could find. $130.00.
Sorry to hear about your boat turning itself into an amphibious landing craft.
But it seems that the scuffing, at least in your case, had some effect.
We'll see about mine on Saturday.
All the best.
Paul.

Basstronics
01-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Keep in mind these "Prince" part numbers being tossed around are the part numbers from that specific seller. Heck it might not be called a "prince" from seller to seller.

Theres an ongoing thread @ RC Universe chuck full of info on this hull.

Various R/C Boat picks, mainly the Prince
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/basstronics/RC%20Boats/

Vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/basstronics

I will have some new pics soon!

Tech Head
01-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Got to love having a computer tech in the house!

Indeed, God Bless Him!.

Brett.

Tech Head
01-23-2009, 07:10 AM
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7713767/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Cheers.

Tech Head
01-23-2009, 07:15 AM
A combined effort!

I think so!

Brett.

Basstronics
01-23-2009, 09:43 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/basstronics/RC%20Boats/100_0125.jpg

I think its gonna move come spring time...

Now to get some more batteries...

ozzie-crawl
01-24-2009, 06:05 PM
looking good bass, what kv is that?

Basstronics
01-24-2009, 06:26 PM
3000 Kv

:banana:

785boats
01-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey there Brett.
He's no computer tech, just a 16yo school kid who knows more about everything in life than his parents. Just ask him & he'll tell you. I guess we were all like that at 16. But on some occasions he's right. Anything computery is among of them, fortunately.

Hey Bass.
That's going to pep the thing up a bit. Are you running 3s or 4s, & what size prop are you going to start with?
Cheers.
Paul.

Basstronics
01-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Double post!

Basstronics
01-25-2009, 03:05 PM
3S

I got some new props in, cant remember what all I ordered.

Lets see...

43x26x9mm
42x29x15mm
38x31x15mm
38x30x16mm
38x23x16mm
34x25x13mm

Before that I was running the 42 X 1.4 off r2hobbies.com's site.

Ive tried some other prop and didnt care for it to much. Not sure what it is right now :)

Tech Head
01-25-2009, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=785boats;70805]Hey there Brett.
He's no computer tech, just a 16yo school kid who knows more about everything in life than his parents. Just ask him & he'll tell you. I guess we were all like that at 16. But on some occasions he's right. Anything computery is among of them, fortunately.

LOL!

Thanks for the laugh!

Cheers, Brett.

madphil
02-01-2009, 02:06 PM
I have upgraded my prince , with 2500KV motor , ETTI esc , twin 5000mAh lipo's , running a 640 prop its now very fast and handles well ,
(pic shows before and after)
phil.

Tech Head
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Nice one Phil,

Saw it on AUSRC this morning!

Do you have any video of it running?

Cheers, Brett.

madphil
02-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi Brett will post the first race vid soon , its been built to race in "MONO 2" class that starts next month ,
i got the boat as a basher for fooling about between race heats , but having run this boat with the current setup its more than on the pace of the race boats :thumbup:
i have just got a stepped hull mono 2 class race boat the prince is not far behind on the straights but much better on corners because you dont have to lift off

phil

Tech Head
02-03-2009, 05:38 AM
He goes cross eyed! and eyes popping out! :eek:

Can't wait to see it go! :bowdown:

Love your work Phil. :beerchug:

Brett.

madphil
02-03-2009, 06:15 AM
I have removed most of the purple off the motor now it looks less like a RTR boat now :bounce:

phil.

Tech Head
02-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Your boat setup is typical of how it should be done!

A fine example!

I bet you sleep with it near you and never take your eyes off it for more than 2 minutes when your in the same room as it. :banana:

Cheers, Brett.

madphil
02-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Hey Brett look at the pic :cool:
Boat and helicopter on the bed and wife on the floor
(thats the way to do it !!!!)

phil

785boats
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Nice one Phil.
That's a a nice clean looking setup. I do like the bright shiny motor. With what did you remove the anodising? You may be a trendsetter here.
If I may, I'll offer two suggestions.
The weakest link in your setup is the Deans plugs. By changing to 5.5mm bullet connections on batteries, ESC & motor you will romove a lot of resistance in the wiring. The wiring & connectors were the hottest part of the system after a run until I changed mine. Now they are as cool as everything else.

If you can borrow an X637 prop give it a try. Your revs will increase your current draw will go down (so should the heat) & your speed should increase. Of course it may be a waste of time, but it's a good prop on my 2300kv motor in this boat.

Cheers.
Paul.

madphil
02-03-2009, 06:04 PM
hi Paul i will get one of them props to try , its a cover i made for the motor from a bit of alloy tubing i found , i will change the connectors for bullet type ,

thanks for the help and advice my boat keeps getting better to drive and faster every time i go out with it .

phil.

6S HYDRO
05-28-2009, 02:44 PM
These boats are about the best handling boats out there. Got mine from ray fuller fully set up for 175.00 no shipping cause im in town.

Brushless55
06-16-2009, 03:13 AM
Will these boats run ok with the stock motor on 3s or 4s ?

Basstronics
06-16-2009, 07:45 AM
^^^

There is a few people selling this boat with different motors and hardware on it.

If you have the small outrunner motor then, no. It will die after a run or two unless you keep your runs to about 1 minute.

Brushless55
06-16-2009, 01:28 PM
is the 2800kv motor the one I should look for?

Basstronics
06-16-2009, 02:16 PM
is the 2800kv motor the one I should look for?

I am a newb compared to the others.

My boat currently has a 28mm x 68mm motor thats roughly 2900 kV. I run 3S lipo's, 2 x 2100mAh size.

IMO my boat run likes a bat out of hell. But Im a newb.

I bought a bigger motor, a 36mm X 58mm (think thats the size its posted somewhere) with 3000 kV.

If you intend on 3S batteries you want around 3000 kV. 2800 should be fine. It will be a touch slower with more torque.

Depends on prop also. In almost all my vids Im swinging a 42X1.4 prop.

http://www.youtube.com/basstronics

Brushless55
06-16-2009, 07:15 PM
great thanks!
I'm thinking of ordering about 10 of these and want to make sure I get the better one..

Basstronics
06-16-2009, 08:32 PM
10 boats or motors?

Heres my issue. The E Bay seller "Head Of the River Specialist" has a nice ARTR. His has the best interior on the hull IMO.

However I dont care for his drive and like the "stinger" type that www.r2hobbies.com uses.

The R2hobbies model will basically only allow for the 380 type motors though.

If you are capable you may want to build your own hulls to get it the way you want.

I went with the ARTR approach as Im a newb and would probably mess a hull up like I have a few others...

lol

:banana:

Brushless55
06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
10 boats...

6S HYDRO
06-17-2009, 11:39 AM
I RUN MINE ON 2 2200 4S PACKS IN SERIES ON THE 2881KV MOTOR AND IT RUNS LIKE A BAT OUTTA HELL. GPS'D AT 46 MPH WITH THE 35MM STOCK PROP:beerchug:

Brushless55
06-17-2009, 12:31 PM
I RUN MINE ON 2 2200 4S PACKS IN SERIES ON THE 2881KV MOTOR AND IT RUNS LIKE A BAT OUTTA HELL. GPS'D AT 46 MPH WITH THE 35MM STOCK PROP:beerchug:

Awesome! is that with the stock esc they come with..
Sounds like I will be getting 10 or more of these for sure..:thumbup1:

6S HYDRO
06-17-2009, 12:44 PM
No actually the stock esc fryed the first day, i threw an sv esc in and havent looked back since. Performs flawlessly

Brushless55
06-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Ok I will keep that in mind..

Do you think it was because the stock esc had poor water cooling?

6S HYDRO
06-17-2009, 12:52 PM
No one of the fets shot off the board

6S HYDRO
06-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I used the watercooling tab off the stock unit on the sv esc, it works great. And only 60.00

Brushless55
06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
not sure how I will sell these if the stock escs suck..

Basstronics
03-16-2010, 10:17 AM
After a year break due to being laid off, Im back (and yes back to work too).

So my Prince will see some water this year.

Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone have any updates on this boat?

For me Im about to drop a 2.4 GHz system into it. I also need some new batteries and to be quite honest, I forgot how to size them or what to get.

My previous batteries died... So ya... New batteries are needed. :)

Its starting to get warm, need to get her ready!