PDA

View Full Version : 2018 IMPBA FE Nationals - Michigan Cup

Pages : [1] 2

T.S.Davis
11-14-2017, 03:38 PM
After a many year hiatus, MMEU will be hosting an IMPBA Fast Electric Nationals next summer. We'll combine it with our annual Michigan Cup race.

Save the date. You don't want to miss this one.

June 28,29,30 of 2018 at the Elks Lodge in Leonard, MI.

· IMPBA Sanctioned
· Open Water Wednesday June 27nd until 5pm
· Racing Thursday, Friday, Saturday, starts at 8:30am
· 1/6th mile record course (6 lap sprints)
· 8 lap Offshore Heats
· Awards for top 3 finishers in every class
· High points, Mr. Offshore, Concourse, Muncey Trophy for sportsmanship
· Raffle drawings for prizes
· On Site food and beverages available
· Friday night welcome banquette
· On site camping available ($20/night for power and water)

We'll get the flier posted as soon as we get it finalized.

trigger
11-14-2017, 04:29 PM
We hope to be back Terry, mike and I were just talking about the MI cup, hopefully we will be back to enjoy some serious fun, a great event and great hosts.

T.S.Davis
11-14-2017, 05:20 PM
What happens at boat camp......

You guys gotta come back. I need to work on Mike to get going on some shafts.

trigger
11-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Just pm me Terry what you’d like, I’ll nag him into submission......

Doby
11-15-2017, 10:20 AM
Just told the wife to consider me GONE on those days ......2 years is to long of a break!

T.S.Davis
11-15-2017, 11:13 AM
Just told the wife to consider me GONE on those days ......2 years is to long of a break!

This is why Chris Rupely has been bugging me to get this settled and then posted. So guys could set aside time before women filled the calendars. haha BTW.........Chris will be calling the heats for us.

Paul, I don't need anything in particular right now. I just recognize what's possible and that there is a market for his skills.

Doug Smock
11-15-2017, 05:26 PM
Good deal! Stuck the thread.:thumbup1:

T.S.Davis
11-16-2017, 07:41 AM
Good deal! Stuck the thread.:thumbup1: Hugs

Once again OSE has graciously agreed to be title sponsor for our event. Steven has supported racing on a level that is unprecedented in model boating. For that at I am grateful. It makes a difference sir. I hope to thank you in person this June! hahaha

Attached is the flier.

rayzerdesigns
11-16-2017, 04:45 PM
Hmmmm

Buddy Benedict
12-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Is there a reason for not having any tunnel classes on the list.

jaike5
12-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Same as for the T class, break downs, no shows, maybe 10th scale wiil be dropped too as turning left can cut the field down to 3 boats! waa hoo! Just have to run the classes offered:rockon2: race on.
Cheers, Jay.

T.S.Davis
12-03-2017, 09:39 AM
The class list is based on the guys we know will attend. We've offered tunnel many times to only have it barely make.

10th scales there are enough of just in our club to run two flights of vintage and modern.

T boats always end up a hodge podge. We start off with T mono and T cat only to end up combining them to make a heat. Then what do we call that guy? National champion of some boats we threw in the water? For just a Cup race fine. Get boats on the water but for nationals it doesn't make sense.

We have pretty good feel for our expected racers and what they own believe it or not. If closer to the race it appears a class has too little interest to make we can talk about shifting.

Buddy Benedict
12-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Wow!! An IMPBA National event for your club. How sad. Your quote: "We have pretty good feel for our expected racers and what they own believe it or not" doesn't leave any room for a new guy just getting into electrics does it. Being a National event, it should offer every class listed in the rule book and have a class minimum and an entry cut off date. The classes that didn't make the minimum are cut at that time then you don't have a any heats with mixed boats in them.

Thanks for the explanation.

tjcast
12-03-2017, 12:49 PM
The class list is based on the guys we know will attend. We've offered tunnel many times to only have it barely make.

10th scales there are enough of just in our club to run two flights of vintage and modern.

T boats always end up a hodge podge. We start off with T mono and T cat only to end up combining them to make a heat. Then what do we call that guy? National champion of some boats we threw in the water? For just a Cup race fine. Get boats on the water but for nationals it doesn't make sense.

We have pretty good feel for our expected racers and what they own believe it or not. If closer to the race it appears a class has too little interest to make we can talk about shifting.

What he said!

In the past we've offered classes and had people scramble to try to get boats together to make minimum number to have the class run. Then come the race the boat fails to show up, much less to even finish one heat. I have no interest in 2 boat heats

photohoward1
12-03-2017, 01:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the Michigan guys know what they are doing. There is a reason they are the largest FE club in the nation.

Wow!! An IMPBA National event for your club. How sad. Your quote: "We have pretty good feel for our expected racers and what they own believe it or not" doesn't leave any room for a new guy just getting into electrics does it. Being a National event, it should offer every class listed in the rule book and have a class minimum and an entry cut off date. The classes that didn't make the minimum are cut at that time then you don't have a any heats with mixed boats in them.

mojoracer
12-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Is the P Hydro full P rigger or P limited rigger that is usually run at MMEU events?

Doby
12-03-2017, 05:00 PM

It leaves lots of room for new guys getting into electrics. Instead of posting a negative comment on something you apparently don't know much about, ask a question about a particular class you may be interested in. These guys are probably THE most accommodating group you will find.

Buddy Benedict
12-03-2017, 06:40 PM
It leaves lots of room for new guys getting into electrics. Instead of posting a negative comment on something you apparently don't know much about, ask a question about a particular class you may be interested in. These guys are probably THE most accommodating group you will find.

Nice to see that you made the assumption that I don't know what I'm talking about. Let see, 19 years of nitro and gas racing, been to the IMPBA Nitro Internats 7 times of which my club hosted 5 of these and I am a US1 "E" Tunnel winner. Have done it all at those races from Entries/score keeping: pit boss, turn judge, retrieve boat and been the CD. What I am trying to get at is if it is not offered then the class will never grow. FE is just starting to pick up around here and all of it is P spec tunnel hulls. Having a minimum number for each class and a cut off date 3 weeks before the race gets rid of the 2,3 or 4 boat classes.

ray schrauwen
12-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Approximately how many minutes does it take to do 8 offshore laps with a spec mono?

Might make it with a Very limited contingent. Wendy is hurting unit, I'm getting better a little at a time.

Shooter
12-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Hope to see you there, Ray. :biggrin:

tjcast
12-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Is the P Hydro full P rigger or P limited rigger that is usually run at MMEU events?

The flier lists both P Hydro AND Spec Hydro (which would be our equivalent to P-limited), so we are offering 3 different Hydro (rigger) classes, Spec, P and Q.

Ty Davis
12-03-2017, 07:39 PM

P Hydro is full P rigger. In case you were confused.

We have run those classes at the Michigan Cup and at any National event that offers those classes

tjcast
12-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Approximately how many minutes does it take to do 8 offshore laps with a spec mono?

about 3 1/4 min. When we ran 4 min heats 1st place was doing 10 to 11 laps, so 8 laps would bring the time down to the 3 1/4 min or so.

Would be good to see you and Wendy

Ty Davis
12-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Same as for the T class, break downs, no shows, maybe 10th scale wiil be dropped too as turning left can cut the field down to 3 boats! waa hoo! Just have to run the classes offered:rockon2: race on.
Cheers, Jay.

Jaike5. Even with 10th scale turning left, we still get a consistent amount of entries per club race. Of the 6 club races we had last season our club has had a solid 8 to 10 entries per race. This class will have some fun heats to watch.

T.S.Davis
12-03-2017, 07:57 PM
I can appreciate that too Buddy. I think Doby's point was that MMEU knows a thing or two about hosting an electric race and what might get guys to show up.

I've been contest director for 3 FE nationals. This will be the 4th. One of those races went 522 entries. We offered tunnel at all of them. So a whole nation of boats and racers from coast to coast and they could barely muster enough boats to make. Tunnel classes have had over a decade to grow. They haven't. We're not going to offer classes that haven't shown themselves to posses the numbers. We didn't offer any 2s classes either. Because we know what guys are racing. We're involved. We're paying attention.

We know who is likely to show up. It ain't tunnel guys. It's the same guys that are willing to travel. Same guys we see at every travel race we go to. Plus or minus a handful. What would you have us do? Offer classes that we know (not guessing) won't make and cross out fingers that they'll show? Spec tunnel, P tunnel, Q tunnel. Not sure I've ever seen a Q tunnel at a race......ever. Throw in some N stock mono maybe?

Doby
12-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Nice to see that you made the assumption that I don't know what I'm talking about. Let see, 19 years of nitro and gas racing, been to the IMPBA Nitro Internats 7 times of which my club hosted 5 of these and I am a US1 "E" Tunnel winner. Have done it all at those races from Entries/score keeping: pit boss, turn judge, retrieve boat and been the CD. What I am trying to get at is if it is not offered then the class will never grow. FE is just starting to pick up around here and all of it is P spec tunnel hulls. Having a minimum number for each class and a cut off date 3 weeks before the race gets rid of the 2,3 or 4 boat classes.

Well then you should know better than to bitch about an organisation that spends a large amount of time organizing these races.
And the ample list of p spec classes being offered would appease 99% of any new guys.

The Michigan club knows what classes will get the people on the water.

Oh..by the way, OPC is one of my favorite classes to run.

How can someone be a "retrieve boat"?

ray schrauwen
12-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Hope to see you there, Ray. :biggrin:

Likewise.

P Hydro is full P rigger. In case you were confused

I better get building that ;)

jaike5
12-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Jaike5. Even with 10th scale turning left, we still get a consistent amount of entries per club race. Of the 6 club races we had last season our club has had a solid 8 to 10 entries per race. This class will have some fun heats to watch.

TyDavis, I'm sure your club has mastered the left hand turn over the season. I race what's offered, T-Cat/Mono are my personal favorites is all. You should be on full focus of your school work not next years boat race, or I'm sure there will be no racing for you. Stay focused on school and we'll see you next year.
Cheers, Jay. :rockon2: race on.

T.S.Davis
12-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Wow!! An IMPBA National event for your club. How sad.

Some things stick with me. Sorry folks.

The implication here is (I think) that we're catering only to our club. I used to race with a guy named Paul Pachmeyer. Some know him. Paul raced FE and gas. Raced all over. He was a harsh dude. Paul once told me that I couldn't possibly know what was going on in racing unless I got out of my own damned back yard. Think he was yelling that at the time. He probably followed it with "yer an idiot Terry" True or not (the being an idiot part) I listened and so I did. Many times. Raced all over the country. East coast. West coast. Down south. Parts of Canada. 4 of us logged approximately 5000 miles traveling to races in 2017 alone. Racing only electric boats. Racing, meeting new people, seeing old friends, learning what interests them, seeing how they do what they do. Always looking at what they do to get people off the grass and on the stand. What I'm saying is.............we know some racers. We also have a pretty good idea which are willing to pack up their gear to get here. We know what they'll bring too. It's not a wild guess what will show up. It's not just what will make our club guys happy either.

The class list was submitted to the BOD. The BOD which includes the National Electric Director approved the list. They even had us change the format of one of our classes to be more rule compliant. That got heated actually. So they didn't just rubber stamp it.

FE has wayyyyy too many classes to offer them all and let the chips lie. The many many class options can keep a local FE population scattered just enough to ensure that actual heats are less likely. I take some heat for even uttering such blasphemy by the way. haha

Last thing......there hasn't been an IMPBA electric nationals in well over a decade. We were asked to do it. It wasn't just a bonus for our club. It wasn't a "Hey, lets see if we can get a nats!" kind of thing. Heck, I had to sell our guys the idea. It went more like......"A 4th nats?!?! Have you lost your mind Terry?"

T.S.Davis
12-04-2017, 09:23 AM
TyDavis, I'm sure your club has mastered the left hand turn over the season. I race what's offered, T-Cat/Mono are my personal favorites is all. You should be on full focus of your school work not next years boat race, or I'm sure there will be no racing for you. Stay focused on school and we'll see you next year.

Exactly!!! Right on Jay. Tyler didn't recognize who you were either.

Doby
12-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Terry:

You and your club have nothing to justify to anyone.

jaike5
12-04-2017, 01:10 PM
Hi Terry, I have to keep Iain focused as well, for Iain its all football. He got the news flash 80 is the new 60 or he won't be able to go to UofT for full ride football .
The next level. He just turned 17 today ,so young to go to university, I kinda hope he does a victory lap! not likely, as they gave him a tour of the facility and all the perks ..... he's gone ! and he's pull'n off the marks now to get there. Stay focused Tyler its all in your hands. I'm bringing the brains next year to keep me in line, so I'm sure she will want to hear about a great school year from you.
Cheers, Jay. :rockon2: race on!

CraigP
12-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Yes, many classes... It makes club racing even harder to build up. I don’t envy the sanctioning decision makers!

T.S.Davis
12-05-2017, 08:07 AM
It makes club racing even harder to build up. I don’t envy the sanctioning decision makers!

For clubs the trick is first find a handful of guys that even want to race. Could be just 3 guys to get started. We had 4 I think. Although Al Waters used to say "The first race happened when the second guy showed up. The first rule...............written by the guy that lost."

Then agree on a least one class that you can all get behind. Run that every time you get together. Let the group decide what if anything is next. Kinda how we do it. The club has pushed it's way in what ever direction they wanted by building boats and talking to each other. We haven't told them what they have to do. Totally member driven. We do let them know if there is someone else talking about a boat they too are interested in. Like "Hey Terry, I'm thinking about building a P cat." I might already be aware of 4 more in the club that this guy doesn't know exist. Sounds like some heats are possible! Or the other way. We know there are zero crackerbox (for instance) in the entire district. They can still build one obviously but at least they'll do it with their eyes open. Maybe instead they'll build something there are 10 of in the club. If suddenly the gang has a flights worth of a particular class we run the heats for them. If the group produces entries for the season we offer a vote to add it into our season points series. We also have an avenue for classes to expire. If a class doesn't have enough boats for each of our club races, the following year it goes on probation. There's a magic number of entries. Can't remember the number. We'll still run it if the numbers are there one particular month but not for season points. Works pretty well over all.

Off on a tangent there but if it helps someone get going then........I don't care. haha

Sanctioned event classes aren't that bad if you have an idea who is coming. Almost every venue wiggles a bit based on their expected guests.

Doug Smock
12-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Is there a reason for not having any tunnel classes on the list.

Hi Buddy,

Not intending on derailing this thread just a FYI.

If you are into tunnels this is the race for you. Formally the World Outboard Tunnel Championship.
Southern Tunnel Championship, May 18th – 20th. (SOWEGA) Sycamore Ga. This race attracts tunnels from all over.
P Limited, P and Q Tunnels along with the Nitro boats.

:focus:

Doug

T.S.Davis
12-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Then agree on a least one class that you can all get behind.

Should have said, even if that happens to be tunnels. I ain't a hater.

Buddy Benedict
12-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Hi Buddy,

Not intending on derailing this thread just a FYI.

If you are into tunnels this is the race for you. Formally the World Outboard Tunnel Championship.
Southern Tunnel Championship, May 18th – 20th. (SOWEGA) Sycamore Ga. This race attracts tunnels from all over.
P Limited, P and Q Tunnels along with the Nitro boats.

:focus:

Doug

Thanks for the info Doug, but that happens to be the same weekend of our first district race and i'll be working it all weekend.

Buddy

trigger
12-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Buddy, what club are you with?

Buddy Benedict
12-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Should have said, even if that happens to be tunnels. I ain't a hater.

Well maybe the next Nats will have tunnels.

I do have a question on the offered classes. You have "10th Scale" listed and I can't find anything in the IMPBA rule book about it. Is it a sport hydro with a scale paint job?

Buddy Benedict
12-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Buddy, what club are you with?

River City Racing Club Evansville Indiana

dethow
12-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Wow!! An IMPBA National event for your club. How sad.

Shame this conversation got negative so fast with an assumption that Terry was saying he knows what OUR club has to race and that’s the basis of the classes offered. He generally knows the individuals across the country and Canada who will attend this event and what they have to run.

I think that if handled differently you'd find that MMEU is a very accommodating bunch. If say... you were to propose that you could get together enough tunnels to travel to Michigan... Would we include tunnel in the event? I would bet that you'd been met with some hospitality and given an opportunity to be included in the event.

But as it sits... our directors, whom travel all around the country, know almost everyone who will attend this event. And know which classes can be filled. Unfortunately, tunnel isn’t one of them. That is unless someone (maybe you) steps up and says “I might be able to bring some individuals you don’t know and fill a tunnel class.”

But that also depends on being able to fit an additional class within the 3 days of racing. The venue is an Elks Lodge with residential housing sharing the pond/lake. We have 3 days of racing available. Extending out additional days of racing isn’t an option. And we have to be done on the water by a reasonable time (I think 6 to 7pm) due to the residential properties.

dethow
12-05-2017, 10:08 PM

As Terry said "there hasn't been an IMPBA electric nationals in well over a decade."

MAYBE the next one will include tunnels. But for right now... its a great step forward that an IMPBA electric nationals is EVEN occurring.

Much gratitude to the great bunch at MMEU for making this happen.

tjcast
12-05-2017, 11:54 PM

I do have a question on the offered classes. You have "10th Scale" listed and I can't find anything in the IMPBA rule book about it. Is it a sport hydro with a scale paint job?

The next Nats will offer a tunnel class. When the sign ups go up on RCracingevents, I will include Spec Tunnel as one of the classes. ALL classes will be have a 6 boat minimum and any class that doesn't have the required minimum signed up and paid for, by June 7th, will be removed from the list.

As stated on the flier the 10th Scale and Offshore rules we will be using are located here:

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...pplement-rules

T.S.Davis
12-06-2017, 08:23 AM
The voice of reason. haha

Just spec tunnels? Spec, P, Q? Totally against having all three. I just don't want us to start catering to every guy that wants their pet class added for which history has shown little participation. We already have one other like that with 1/8 scale. This could (potentially) be a second. I know of 3 tunnel that will for sure be on site if we count mine. I didn't plan to race mine but it is available.

Easy enough for me to add a spec tunnel to the flier. Lynne is super accommodating too so getting it on the IMPBA site is no biggy either. Let me know if you think we should take those extra steps.

Doug Smock
12-06-2017, 04:06 PM
It's a good thing Tom is around to take the edge off of you Terry. Shame you don't spend more time together.:tt2::smile:

tjcast
12-06-2017, 04:47 PM
It's a good thing Tom is around to take the edge off of you Terry. Shame you don't spend more time together.:tt2::smile:

I was the one that convinced Terry to not offer tunnel. If we offer a class and it looks like it might not make it, instead of saying, "looks like this class won't make it, 'so sad'", guys in our club have put together boats JUST to have the class run. I hate to see that happen. They bust their balls and it is so unappreciated. Tunnel is one class that fits this scenario. There might be 2 people in our club that have tunnel hulls that are near ready to run, so if there aren't at least 5 people coming with tunnel hulls it won't run.

We will also be running a "Shoot Out" format and unless there is at least 6 (7 or more is better) the format loses its appeal.

Unless of course I can run it my way .....:olleyes:

T.S.Davis
12-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Yeah Doug, I think Tom added a line item to the budget for a cage to keep me in for this race.

Ken Haines
12-06-2017, 08:09 PM
Yeah Doug, I think Tom added a line item to the budget for a cage to keep me in for this race.

Now let me poke a stick at Terry in the cage :bounce:

I may be willing to gravel a lot to add a T Class.....Howard & Pags too.
I might even consider utilizing a pad of butter.
Since we are talking about classes....lol

Doby
12-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Ill bring my T cat if that helps...

T.S.Davis
12-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Terry mode activated....hahaha

Been there done that. We've carried the big boats many many times over the years. Heck, Dennis kinda invented the idea back before we had LiPo. We were running an "Ultimate Offshore" class before there were LiPo. Think that was what we called it all those years ago. I'm very partial to them but I can't ignore history or reality.

The problem with T is the same we have with 1/8 scale. These boats rarely get IN the water. Let alone actually racing with other boats. This is true for me too by the way. Where am I getting laps on an FE 1/8 scale?

PAGS would likely build one in the dark the night before the class runs too. We end up with untested, unproven, un-raced boats. Half of them are horrific. Some bordering on dangerously out of control. Anybody remember my T Plus being passed? Not on the inside or outside. Just over the top. Seemed legit. Some simply dont run. "I took this speedo out of my other boat between heats but I didn't change the settings" Pull the trigger.........burp*............burp*..... noth'n. ugh I know I paint a bleak picture of T boats but if you'd been trying to accommodate these larger boat classes since 1999 you might see it the way I do too.

Then.................what class? There aren't 6 big monos. There aren't 6 big cats. There aren't 6 T riggers. There aren't 6 T sports. We're just not interested in a hodge podge made up class with 3 riggers, a cat, and a couple mono.

All that said...............most of you know how much effort MMEU puts into being accommodating. Show us 6 reliable "somethings" and we'll at least have the conversation with the gang but recognize where we're at with it too please.

Doby
12-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Terry:

I can bring both a tried and true T Cat and a T Mono if needed...both have several seasons on them and are reliable.
If it helps to make a class then great...if not, well..you know me...I'll run whatever you guys offer up as classes and be happy.:tiphat:

photohoward1
12-07-2017, 06:17 PM
I hate when Terry is almost right. 6 reliable T anything probably not. I know over the years it's usually 3 of us in each class. All reliable though. I have raced my T Mono for almost 10 years. Gets better all the time. Just updated my reliable T hydro to a new one. 10mph faster and actually turns. Have a T cat too.
Fingers are feeling good too after last year!

TRUCKPULL
12-07-2017, 06:20 PM

You don't want to do that again.:flashfire:

Larry

Doug Smock
12-07-2017, 06:31 PM
:doh::tape:

ray schrauwen
12-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Good to hear.

You don't want to do that again.:flashfire:

Larry

Christmas giveaway for Howard, one, ten ohm resistor. :hide:

MarkF
12-12-2017, 02:17 AM
Terry

When was the last time you held a nats? People don't travel to club races like they do the nats. Tunnel made the Vegas nats in nitro and electric. I don't think you can compare your knowledge of club races to holding a Nats.

Mark

tjcast
12-12-2017, 02:39 AM
Terry

When was the last time you held a nats? People don't travel to club races like they do the nats. Tunnel made the Vegas nats in nitro and electric. I don't think you can compare your knowledge of club races to holding a Nats.

Mark

Hi Mark MMEU last held an FE Nats in 2014. Terry was not speaking about our experience at club races but at the Michigan Cup.

I thought that this issue was put to rest in post #43 as I said that I will be adding tunnel to the signups! also as stated in post #46 that it was I that convinced Terry to not include tunnel in the flier. So stop pestering him about this class!

Thanks, Tom

MarkF
12-12-2017, 02:48 AM
Oh I don't care about the class, I don't own a tunnel. I have the usual 4s and 6s stuff plus a T mono and T cat. I just like pestering Terry for coming out like he knows better than everybody and cut classes when all classes should be offered at a nats. Regardless of what he knows.

Mark

Ken Haines
12-12-2017, 07:46 AM
Terry, When was the last time you held a nats? People don't travel to club races like they do the nats. Tunnel made the Vegas nats in nitro and electric. I don't think you can compare your knowledge of club races to holding a Nats.

Oh I don't care about the class, I don't own a tunnel. I have the usual 4s and 6s stuff plus a T mono and T cat. I just like pestering Terry for coming out like he knows better than everybody and cut classes when all classes should be offered at a nats. Regardless of what he knows.

Mark

Wow.... surprised you are saying this.
Terry and his club have hosted hosted the FE Nat's in 2009 and 2014 at 2 different sites.....Prior to my participating in 2007
I believe they had hosted one years prior to that as well. Likely makes them the host club of more FE Nat's than any other club.
They also continue to host arguably the largest race of the year by attendance, the Michigan Cup, and have done so for at least
as far back as 2012. Terry has been the lead guy or club president for every single one of them.
Terry also served as the NAMBA FE Chairman for 10 years +.
All this being said, pretty sure he is more knowledgeable in setting up a large National race than most of us here.
Certainly there are classes we would all like to race there as actual active participants, but squeezing this
event into 3 days, and taking on the first IMPBA Nat's in quite sometime is a challenge that most clubs have shied away from.
As an active racer I am so happy an applaud the MMEU club for taking this on their shoulders.
Yes, I would like some of the bigger class offerings, but trust we can revisit this for another year,
if this is what Terry / Tom and the MMEU club members think is best for this year so be it.
My son and I will definitely be there and participating either way. Probably in way too many classes as usual.....lol

I do have kind of a cynical question for everyone that has been sort of critical here....
are you planning on attending this race and this is why you are speaking up now,
or are you simply just throwing out these questions and harsh opinions ?

Sorry, Just my 2 cents
Ken

T.S.Davis
12-12-2017, 08:43 AM
Thanks Ken. We hosted 05, 09, 14 and now in 18. We traveled to 06 and 10. So only 5 Nat's for me.

I think......"think".......stop laughing......that Tom and I have more exposure to national racing than most. We run 6 clubs races sure. On top of that we travel. Winter Warm ups, Spring Nationals, Can Am, 2 time trials, and our little Michigan Cup. That was 2017.

Sorry if I've offended you Mark. If there are FE guys getting around more than we are I'm unaware of them.

Tom and I disagreed on tunnel. I was going to include it just to avoid this exact debate. I expected it to not make though. Primarily because having traveled all over, I have an idea (of course I can't KNOW) who will gather up their gear and get here.

Honestly, I've achieved the same expectation of 1/8 scale. Because people that don't even own them love to see them run we kept it on the list. Hope they make but if they don't they don't.

Doby
12-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Terry

Mark

Mark

Wow......

Simply bizarre...:blink:

Can someone point me in the direction as to where in the IMPBA rule book it states that all classes should be offered...I just scanned a few sections of it and can't find it anywhere.

T.S.Davis
12-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Can someone point me in the direction as to where in the IMPBA rule book it states that all classes should be offered...I just scanned a few sections of it and can't find it anywhere.

It's not in the NAMBA book. I'm not sure about the IMPBA book though. Still learning that one. I didn't know what the gas, nitro, and FE directors jobs were either. Totally pissed up Chris's leg in the process on that one.

Terry Keeley
12-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Good on you guys for holding a "proper" IMPBA FE Nationals!

We're going to try the shootout format for our Can-Am this year as well (shameless plug). :laugh:

TRUCKPULL
12-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Even the NAMBA NAT's last year only offered a limited number of classes for FE.
I would have to of stayed there for a week to run in 4 classes.

Now this race offers me 8 classes over only three days. :beerchug:

Larry

tjcast
12-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Good on you guys for holding a "proper" IMPBA FE Nationals!

We're going to try the shootout format for our Can-Am this year as well (shameless plug). :laugh:

Let me know if you need any help with the scoring program for the Shootout

Terry Keeley
12-12-2017, 02:51 PM
Let me know if you need any help with the scoring program for the Shootout

Will do, thanks again! RCRacing has a shootout function for the scoring s/w, will have a look at that and let you know what we think.

You use an Excel sheet, no?

T.S.Davis
12-12-2017, 03:27 PM

Terry, you can count our support. We get enough FE classes to make it worth the trip but it would be a LOT more fun if they were more populated. We'll kick the cage for ya some.

Be sure to check with Lynne too. She has a shootout shuffler all ready to go to. Pretty sure it's Excel same as ours.

Shootout format is fun. Nobody backs into a win.

Ty Davis
12-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Will do, thanks again! RCRacing has a shootout function for the scoring s/w, will have a look at that and let you know what we think.

Terry. I am not a core council member of our club, but I am in my Dad/ Tom's pits throughout the each and every club race and Michigan cup races. Ever since we switched to IMPBA a excel sheet has been used for scoring. Every event we host the scores get posted here on the forums in the Excel Sheet format. We only used Rc racing events for Heat sheets.

Terry Keeley
12-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Terry, you can count our support. We get enough FE classes to make it worth the trip but it would be a LOT more fun if they were more populated. We'll kick the cage for ya some.

Be sure to check with Lynne too. She has a shootout shuffler all ready to go to. Pretty sure it's Excel same as ours.

Shootout format is fun. Nobody backs into a win.

Thanks again for the help and support, will do!

Terry. I am not a core council member of our club, but I am in my Dad/ Tom's pits throughout the each and every club race and Michigan cup races. Ever since we switched to IMPBA a excel sheet has been used for scoring. Every event we host the scores get posted here on the forums in the Excel Sheet format. We only used Rc racing events for Heat sheets.

Cool! Will check it out...

T.S.Davis
12-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Shootout format is fun.

Who am I kidding? They're all fun regardless of format.

Terry Keeley
12-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Shootout's more fun tho, you havta RACE!:buttrock:

jaike5
12-12-2017, 06:49 PM
That's it, Race on:rockon2:

80mac
12-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Who am I kidding? They're all fun regardless of format.

How does a shootout format work?

tjcast
12-12-2017, 07:28 PM

Yep

Terry Keeley
12-12-2017, 11:45 PM
How does a shootout format work?

Not sure exactly what the MMEU guys are going to do but here's how the new IMPBA proposal is written:

1. National Champion Status – Format 1

a. Shoot-out heats

4 rounds of standard heat racing will be followed by a final 5th Championship Round. First
round heats are set-up at random from entries within each class. Heats in subsequent rounds
for each class are determined by accumulated points running highest to lowest. Choice of
frequency will start from highest points on down if conflicts arise. If there is a tie within a large
class when determining heat splits for a subsequent round, previous penalties may be
considered. The racer with the cleanest previous heats will race with the higher points racers.
Special events may run following national events.

i. Standard Heat Racing Point scoring will be applied. (Sec. G- Contest and Racing Rules)

ii. Only the top six in points will advance to the final 5th Championship Round. All points
awarded during the event are carried to the final round. Total points accumulated for all
rounds determines the “National Champion”. Any ties will be decided by run-off

T.S.Davis
12-13-2017, 06:01 AM
Yep. That.

Accept that we'll only use 3 qualifying rounds and the 4th will be the final. This way classes end each day and a new set of classes run the next day.

Terry Keeley
12-13-2017, 09:54 AM
We're going to do the same at our Can-Am this year but we may run everyone for the 4th round if we have time.

ray schrauwen
12-13-2017, 12:50 PM
If I get it ready can I run my full P hydro with your B hydro Terry? Its a 31" ML Boats rsx310 with one 4 cell pack and a 36mm can, 2200kv motor.

I'm driving a wood sled so I won't tangle with ya, much :bounce:

photohoward1
12-13-2017, 04:56 PM
Are any of the classes or days posted yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjcast
12-13-2017, 07:20 PM
Are any of the classes or days posted yet?

Working on it

80mac
12-18-2017, 04:25 PM
Not sure exactly what the MMEU guys are going to do but here's how the new IMPBA proposal is written:

1. National Champion Status – Format 1

a. Shoot-out heats

4 rounds of standard heat racing will be followed by a final 5th Championship Round. First
round heats are set-up at random from entries within each class. Heats in subsequent rounds
for each class are determined by accumulated points running highest to lowest. Choice of
frequency will start from highest points on down if conflicts arise. If there is a tie within a large
class when determining heat splits for a subsequent round, previous penalties may be
considered. The racer with the cleanest previous heats will race with the higher points racers.
Special events may run following national events.

i. Standard Heat Racing Point scoring will be applied. (Sec. G- Contest and Racing Rules)

ii. Only the top six in points will advance to the final 5th Championship Round. All points
awarded during the event are carried to the final round. Total points accumulated for all
rounds determines the “National Champion”. Any ties will be decided by run-off

Thanks Terry and Terry, I never thought about checking the rule book :doh: even though Tom has mentioned it at the drivers meetings. I missed the MMEU meeting due to illness so I am playing catch up with working on boats for spring.

T.S.Davis
12-18-2017, 05:18 PM
We've been frequenting Larry's for laps on Saturday mornings if you want to stop by with questions.

Terry Keeley
12-18-2017, 07:53 PM
If I get it ready can I run my full P hydro with your B hydro Terry? Its a 31" ML Boats rsx310 with one 4 cell pack and a 36mm can, 2200kv motor.

I'm driving a wood sled so I won't tangle with ya, much :bounce:

Sorry Ray, we've had this discussion quite a bit within the club and the general consensus is to keep the classes separate...

ray schrauwen
12-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Sorry Ray, we've had this discussion quite a bit within the club and the general consensus is to keep the classes separate...

Oh well...

How many B hydros are in NLMBC?

Doby
12-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Kinda a bit off topic here....

Shooter
12-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Kinda a bit off topic here....

True. We need to continue the discussion of how Terry doesn't know what he's doing again... :focus: :w00t::roflol::lol::hornets_nest:

:hide:

jaike5
12-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Its not what Terry knows, and he does know a lot , it's poking him with a stick while he's a cage that sounds like fun!! Maybe a $2.00 charge for three pokes. to add to the 50/50 draw!
Cheers, Jay.

Shooter
12-20-2017, 06:13 PM
it will be a sanctioned IMPBA event! 3 rounds followed by a championship round of poking. :laugh:

In all seriousness, I've never seen a more unselfish racer than Terry. He'd give you the ESC out of his championship bound boat, just so you could make a useless heat if it made you happy. Solid dude. Add that with his building skills, knowledge, and that butter thing he always talks about with Ken, and you've pretty much got an FE superhero!

Doby
12-20-2017, 06:51 PM
What Terry doesn't know would fill a warehouse (and a big one).

He is also the guy who offered to loan me a 700 dollar motor a few years ago to get my T-Mono racing again after mine seized up...so, he can't be all that bad.

Ty Davis
12-20-2017, 07:36 PM
I do it all the time. Works for Me!

rayzerdesigns
12-23-2017, 12:04 AM
So is the m spec going to actually be for an impba title?? Since it’s not an official class In impba??

Ty Davis
12-23-2017, 08:48 AM
So is the m spec going to actually be for an impba title?? Since it’s not an official class In impba??

Nope. The class will just be called "Spec" even if the class doesn't get voted into the rule book this winter.

rayzerdesigns
12-24-2017, 12:14 PM
well that sucks..80% of my boats are spec

tjcast
12-29-2017, 12:00 AM
well that sucks..80% of my boats are spec

you mean P-limited? This past year we've run a variety of motors and we've found that there isn't a motor that out performs all the others. One of the best motors was the Dynamite 1500. Your "spec" boats (as you call them) are fast enough to compete/beat most boats in the spec classes. I wouldn't worry about the spec motor rules just

Come to Michigan and have fun at the 2018 IMPBA FE Nats

T.S.Davis
12-29-2017, 12:21 AM
Totally misunderstood the question Ray. Not sure about the rules and titles and such. The BOD did approve the list and the classes were proposed despite the concept being absolutely hated by some.

I get it. "National Champion" of nonexistent classes does smack weird don't it? I'll have to look into that.

Doug Smock
12-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Guys, All of the classes offered by the MMEU for the 2018 IMPBA Fast Electric Nationals are "National Championship" classes.

A 36" sail boat class with a maximum sail area of 1.75 square feet would be eligible for "National Championship" if approved by the BOD.:wink:

Happy New Year fellas!!

D.

Ken Haines
12-29-2017, 09:27 PM
Guys, All of the classes offered by the MMEU for the 2018 IMPBA Fast Electric Nationals are "National Championship" classes.

A 36" sail boat class with a maximum sail area of 1.75 square feet would be eligible for "National Championship" if approved by the BOD.:wink:

Happy New Year fellas!!

D.

1.75 square feet and 36".....hmmmm
any hull, are hydra foils legal ?
And does it have to resemble an actually
race sail boat like similar to the sport hydra rules ?

Terry, what do you think.....could we figure out
some cheater equipment for this new class that Doug just thought of.....lol

Doby
12-29-2017, 10:24 PM
I've got a few sailboats I could bring along.

TRUCKPULL
12-29-2017, 10:26 PM
1.75 square feet and 36".....hmmmm
any hull, are hydra foils legal ?
And does it have to resemble an actually
race sail boat like similar to the sport hydra rules ?

We can mount NEU motors with air props on the deck, just in case there is no wind.

Larry

T.S.Davis
12-29-2017, 11:01 PM

Ken, if these boats aren't fast enough for you then jump up to a faster class.

I'll likely find a way to use brass. Maybe a hammock of sort.

Ken Haines
12-30-2017, 07:06 AM
Ken, if these boats aren't fast enough for you then jump up to a faster class.

I'll likely find a way to use brass. Maybe a hammock of sort.

Hammocks.....hmmm
Thinking differently than you here......Sailboats !
We could all bring hammocks to the driver's stand and
I would assume that we all have to run the full six laps.....lol

Face it sometime in the future we will all be running sailboats.....lmao

Doug Smock
12-30-2017, 08:06 AM
"The canvas can do miracles"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuwZF7Er2PM

dasboata
12-30-2017, 04:12 PM
Count me in for some raffles or class sponsorship

dethow
12-30-2017, 09:28 PM
Count me in for some raffles or class sponsorship

Thank you Chris! You've always been a great supporter or MMEU events. The greatest of appreciations to you and your awesome props.
I will be heading of the the raffle organization this this year, and will be in touch. Thanks for reaching out first. Shows how much you care and give to this hobby.

tjcast
01-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Let the Sign-ups begin :banana:.

www.rcracingevents.com

There will be a Friday night Meet and Greet Fish Fry at the Elks Lodge and there is an option to have that as part of your sign up (Just so we can give the people at the Elks a # so they can prepare for it).

T.S.Davis
01-08-2018, 12:06 PM
Yikes. 87 entries in about 18 hours. Sweet!

TRUCKPULL
01-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Anybody that is planning on coming to this event better sign quick.
With only 10 racers registered to this point.
Some classes are starting to fill up already.
"P" Mono is down to only 4 spots left open.
"Q" Offshore is down to 6 spots left open.

Larry

photohoward1
01-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Signed up for Thursday and Friday. Would love to see a few big boat classes either Thursday or Friday. Open Mono Maybe?

Ken Haines
01-08-2018, 08:32 PM
Signed up for Thursday and Friday. Would love to see a few big boat classes either Thursday or Friday. Open Mono Maybe?

I obviously agree with the T-Mono thoughts.......
Just thinking that maybe Q-Hydro will not make the minimum ?
Would it make sense depending on the sign-ups to simply make
that class T-Hydro which in my case is the same boat, but allows
other possible hydro's Q, S, & T to enter to make the class minimum.
Just a thought.....not trying to where you MMEU guys out with this.

T.S.Davis
01-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Tom and I already talked about when to look at options/shifting. I think it was a couple weeks prior to the race. We'll pin that time frame down. Likely will be dictated by the trophy people. If a class clearly doesn't have the numbers we'll discuss it with the racers and maybe swap something around.

Just to give you guys some number knowledge......

If we sold out every space available the entry count is 300 at this point.
Heat counts with those number would be 57,57,54. Not horrible. We could do more probably but FE guys tend to not be able to go any faster. Well, they can but they wont. hahaha A laid back pace seems to be more enjoyable anyway.

There are classes on each day that I don't personally believe will make. I've been wrong before though. If they don't we'll discuss options.

Doug Smock
01-09-2018, 01:28 PM
I've been wrong before though.

Ok, what did you do with Terry!?!?!?:laugh::hug1:

T.S.Davis
01-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Ok, what did you do with Terry!?!?!?:laugh::hug1:

What? I was wrong once....................once.

I've been surprised by participation before. We added OPC in that spirit. Even left room for two flights of it. We'll see.

Doby
01-09-2018, 10:48 PM
Why did we have to pick a frequency for the Friday Fish Fry meet and greet? Interference with the deep fryer?

T.S.Davis
01-10-2018, 12:13 AM
We should all wear aluminum foil deflector beanies (look it up) for the fish fry.

Doug Smock
01-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Hey fellas,

I moved the motor discussion to https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?58608-(Moved)Another-P-Limited-Spec-motor-discussion in order to keep the this thread clean.

Terry, Tom if something changes in regards to the race of course post in this thread.

Any further motor discussion needs to go in the new thread please.

Thanks guys,

D.

tjcast
01-11-2018, 08:10 PM
Thanks Doug

ray schrauwen
01-11-2018, 11:01 PM
What? I was wrong once....................once.

I've been surprised by participation before. We added OPC in that spirit. Even left room for two flights of it. We'll see.

What hull will Tyler be running in spec Hydro? The ML kit I'm building?

Hopefully things go well that I make it. I'm prepping to go and going to book the hotel tomorrow.

I'm actually building stuff thiswinter.

If I don't build I'll never come out.

New spec cat is built except for cooling and batt trays.

Last year for my Q sport, maybe. Riggers pack smaller. Should have learned from when Brian mentioned that in 2014.

Building a new charge case etc...

One day and one drop of glue at a time. :thumbup1:

jaike5
01-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Good to hear Ray.
Cheers, Jay.

T.S.Davis
01-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Ray, Ty's Stealth is still not perfect but really close. A larger factor is that the little turd won't give you any place to run. You have to go around the outside or fergit it. For that you need a bunch o' speed.

ray schrauwen
01-13-2018, 03:12 PM
Ray, Ty's Stealth is still not perfect but really close. A larger factor is that the little turd won't give you any place to run. You have to go around the outside or fergit it. For that you need a bunch o' speed.

Cool but I think I was asking about Spec rigger. What hull?

Im out of spec sport for a bit.

T.S.Davis
01-13-2018, 04:33 PM
Ty will likely run the JAE.

ray schrauwen
01-13-2018, 10:45 PM
Gotcha.

rayzerdesigns
01-20-2018, 11:00 AM
Even the NAMBA NAT's last year only offered a limited number of classes for FE.
I would have to of stayed there for a week to run in 4 classes.

Now this race offers me 8 classes over only three days. :beerchug:

Larry

The reason is this was a combined nats.. all 3 power sources.. none of the power sources included all of their classes.. that would be impossible to do in 7 days.. that being said it went off well.. so we’ll that this years namba nats will be combined again.. do I agree with it?? Not necessarily.. but I still enjoyed it..I race gas also.. yes it was a long week.. but it was fun..

raptor347
02-03-2018, 01:15 AM
Ok, just got off the phone with Tyler G. He convinced me, see you guys in June. Had too much fun in '14, can't pass this one up.

PS> Hope Q hydro makes!!!:crying:

MarkF
02-03-2018, 02:55 AM
Maybe I should add my Q hydro to the mix to help make the class. Iv'e been thinking about this one too and will have to see if finances allow it.
You get working on those esc Brian ? My boat will be ready for testing next week.
Mark

raptor347
02-03-2018, 03:10 AM
ESCs on the list for monday.

You should try to make it. Great race with great people.

T.S.Davis
02-03-2018, 09:55 AM
Sweet!

Consider that Atlanta gig too guys. We always have fun down there.

tjcast
02-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Sweet!

Consider that Atlanta gig too guys. We always have fun down there.

Haven't heard from "the Atlanta Guys" but hoping to get a few. Oh wait they have to come to DEFEND the Cup !!:buttrock:

Shaping up to be a highly competitive race! Looking to be a lot of fun! :banana:

longballlumber
02-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Ok, just got off the phone with Tyler G. He convinced me, see you guys in June. Had too much fun in '14, can't pass this one up.

:thumbup1:

Tom Baffer Jr
02-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Cant wait to race. Just signed up. Go easy on me another year or 2 older. Not any wiser - when in doubt prop up, they make more.

Rookieboater
02-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Terry,
I applaud you and your club for taking on this event. Hopefully I can make it up there one of these years.

Best of luck,
Robert Holland

T.S.Davis
02-06-2018, 11:42 AM
Awe man Robert. I was hoping you could get here too. I almost have Darin talked into it too.

It's a group effort. I know you know that but I don't want my guys to ever believe I'm under any illusion that I'm doing it all. Cuz I aint.

Shooter
02-07-2018, 03:45 PM

Wait a minute. Isn't this the guy that cleaned our clocks in '14!!! No wonder he had so much fun!!! :laugh: Awesome that you are making the trip again!!! :thumbup1:

skiking1739
02-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Wait a minute. Isn't this the guy that cleaned our clocks in '14!!! No wonder he had so much fun!!! Awesome that you are making the trip again!!!

You mean like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyyJJlNG4XU

skiking1739
02-07-2018, 06:49 PM
BTW. Here are over 30 videos of the 2014 Nationals at MMEU that were on my wife's Tablet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC709Tk1TA_ABVigbzIkAOLw

Ty Davis
02-10-2018, 08:25 PM
Cant wait to race. Just signed up. Go easy on me another year or 2 older. Not any wiser - when in doubt prop up, they make more.

Lol. Who cleaned up the Onieda Cup in Canada last August?

Darin Jordan
02-12-2018, 03:12 PM
OK, you talked me into it. I signed up this morning. Basically bringing three boats, one of which has actually been run before (and for a class that may not even make the numbers), and the others brand new, AND, all will hopefully pack into a Golf Bag (which is why I'm skipping the Sport Hydro stuff.).

This should be "fun"... :unsure:

CLASS
Day 1 SPEC Hydro
Day 1 SPEC Offshore
Day 1 SPEC Tunnel
Day 2 P-Hydro
Day 2 SPEC Mono
Day 3 P-Mono

Friday Night Meet and greet Fish Fry (Ummm... But I don't like Fish... :confused2: :biggrin: )

We'll see how my spring goes. Who knows, maybe I'll get a chance to put together my Q-Hydro and then my entry list may change a bit. :)

Just have so solidify flights and lodging now.

Darin Jordan
02-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Any of you guys who travel regularly and use the hard golf cases to pack things, if you have any links or recommendations on these bags, I'm all ears. :)

Doby
02-12-2018, 07:04 PM
There goes the neighbor hood!

Darin Jordan
02-12-2018, 09:30 PM
There goes the neighbor hood!

I'm mostly there to pit for Ray... :banana:

Doby
02-12-2018, 09:31 PM
You're right, we all should put Ray in a pit!

Ken Haines
02-13-2018, 05:35 AM
Hi Darin try the Datrek hard case golf travel cases.
They are fairly inexpensive and a used case is fine,
I bought both mine on Ebay.

Try this link for starters and get the biggest that you can find:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdatrek+ha rd+case.TRS0&_nkw=datrek+hard+case&_sacat=888

I can certainly loan you one or both of mine if you like,
just not sure if the shipping costs would make sense, but
let me know if you want to go that direction.

Darin Jordan
02-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Hi Darin try the Datrek hard case golf travel cases.
They are fairly inexpensive and a used case is fine,
I bought both mine on Ebay.

Try this link for starters and get the biggest that you can find:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdatrek+ha rd+case.TRS0&_nkw=datrek+hard+case&_sacat=888

I can certainly loan you one or both of mine if you like,
just not sure if the shipping costs would make sense, but
let me know if you want to go that direction.

Thanks, Ken. I'll look those up.

Darin Jordan
02-13-2018, 08:31 PM
Seriously considering popping the bread for this one..

https://www.amazon.com/SKB-2SKB-5020W-Double-Golf-Travel/dp/B0007VNZEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518557448&sr=8-1&keywords=SKB+2skb+5020w

TRUCKPULL
02-13-2018, 08:46 PM
Darin
You could put yourself and a few boats in there, save on airfare.

Larry

tjcast
02-13-2018, 09:09 PM
Seriously considering popping the bread for this one..

https://www.amazon.com/SKB-2SKB-5020W-Double-Golf-Travel/dp/B0007VNZEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518557448&sr=8-1&keywords=SKB+2skb+5020w

20" wide . . . you can fit a P class sport hydro in there, just saying!

they have a "$1,500 club guarantee", I wonder what kind of a boat guarantee they have!

mojoracer
02-19-2018, 11:45 AM
Any of you guys who travel regularly and use the hard golf cases to pack things, if you have any links or recommendations on these bags, I'm all ears. :)

I did a Bauer hockey equipment bag for my Vegas trip last fall. Made a nice cardboard box inner liner. It was about 34" x 24 x24. Fit my LSH/Psport stealth, P limited cat and 31"mono along with clothes and shoes to protect the boats. Worked out great, and cost less than $25 at Play it Again sports...

Doby
02-22-2018, 11:34 PM
As of today...

Driver Count: 31 Boat Count: 233

ray schrauwen
02-26-2018, 06:59 PM
Ummm, how can I add a class or switch something up? I've got a new spec kitty.

Can't pronounce it Galva.... ... Galvanized...???

Whatever, supposed to be the the cats azz.

tjcast
02-26-2018, 07:04 PM

Let me know what you need

rayzerdesigns
02-26-2018, 07:26 PM

Galvatron!! I didn’t name it.. but it’s been my pet project for 3 years

T.S.Davis
02-26-2018, 07:34 PM
Ummm, how can I add a classz.

Chicken sacrifice.

Doby
02-26-2018, 09:24 PM

ray schrauwen
02-26-2018, 09:37 PM
I just need to be entered into limited cat sprint.

Ray, I'm very honored to be lucky enough to get one of these hulls. Pure luck really. I got to know Paul Deity out my way and he was putting in an order and asked if I wanted in. I said " an improved spec kitty? I'm in!"

I didn't expect it to be so da!n nice!!! Thank you!! Pathfinder looks tiny next to it, lol.

ray schrauwen
02-26-2018, 09:38 PM

Here chicky chicky....

tjcast
02-27-2018, 08:56 AM
I just need to be entered into limited cat sprint.

You are already in that class. Day 3 Spec Cat.

ray schrauwen
02-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Thanks Tom. Couldn't get rcracingevents to load up on this crap tablet.

Doug Smock
03-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Don"Amp Daddy"Huff and I are entered. Please save a trailer spot for the southern gentlemen.:wink::biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

D.

T.S.Davis
03-01-2018, 02:31 PM
It's about time.

What a collection of humans for this event. So many current and former record holders. Throw in the shootout format and couple that to the Newland high points method.................winning high points will really be something special.

longballlumber
03-01-2018, 02:41 PM
It's about time.

What a collection of humans for this event. So many current and former record holders. Throw in the shootout format and couple that to the Newland high points method.................winning high points will really be something special.

Just a suggestion, so don't shoot... Would it be possible to list the different awards and how those will be calculated (i.e. MI Cup team award, High Points, Mr. Offshore)? With such a big event with the participants coming; we/they might want to use that information in how they prepare for the event.

Just an idea.

Doby
03-01-2018, 02:57 PM
Don"Amp Daddy"Huff and I are entered. Please save a trailer spot for the southern gentlemen.:wink::biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

D.

Awwww crap...Going to need a "southern gentlemen" / Kanadian translator.:olleyes::drool:

T.S.Davis
03-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Great idea Mike!

Michigan Cup
Awarded to a three man team.
Each racer garners points from 3 separate classes (9 total)
They can race the same classes but points for the cup have to be from different classes for each racer.

Mr. Offshore is just raw points from all offshore classes

The Muncey Trophy was donated to us and will be awarded for sportsmanship. This will be voted on by the racers Friday night at the meet n' greet.

High Points
Works like this.......
First we come up with the average number of entries per racer. If we raced today the average would be 6.57 entries per racer. Round to 7.
So the top 7 most heavily contested classes count for high points.
The points work thus:
If a class has 20 entries and you win that class you get 20 points, 2nd gets 19, 3rd gets 18, etc.
Highest total for the 7 classes wins.

Winning a class will be tough enough with the shootout format. Then to garner points for HP you have to do well in multiple classes. Multiple classes that are heavily populated. Spec mono has 24 boats signed up. Yikes. There will be no free passes.

We haven't talked about concourse. With so few scales there's likely no point.

There was something else Tom and I talked about but I can't remember. I'll share when it comes to me.

Doug Smock
03-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Awwww crap...Going to need a "southern gentlemen" / Kanadian translator.:olleyes::drool:

No worries! I can translate for Don if necessary.:laugh:

It will help a great deal if you just listen slower..:laugh::w00t:

Darin Jordan
03-09-2018, 11:17 AM
Well, Guys. I emailed Tom and talked to Terry and am going to have to bail on this one.

My daughter qualified for the Nationals in DECA (https://www.deca.org/) and that trip is taking her to Atlanta. With my Son graduating this June and starting college, this unexpected, but welcomed, trip for her has to take priority and the coffers can't handle both trips.

Sorry. I was really looking forward to meeting all of you!

Have FUN!!

ray schrauwen
03-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Aaaaaawwwwwwe!!!

Doby
03-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Aaaaaawwwwwwe!!!

Obviously Darin was to intimidated knowing he'd be competing against us and looked for anyway out.:laugh:

Congrats to your daughter Darin!

T.S.Davis
03-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Well, Guys. I emailed Tom and talked to Terry and am going to have to bail on this one.

That's it! I'm not going.

TRUCKPULL
03-09-2018, 04:01 PM
That's it! I'm not going.

:laugh::rofl::roflol::bounce::icon_bs:

Larry

Shooter
03-14-2018, 04:40 PM
Terry,

I can donate a Black Pearl kit for the 2018 Nats. Latest version. Wood, skins, and cowl.

T.S.Davis
03-14-2018, 05:24 PM
Okay guys. After much discussion but very nearly zero disagreement between us....Tom, Mike and I have come up with a temporary ruling for the spec motors for this event. This applies to this event only at this point. It is NOT the official final word on any IMPBA rule set. As the host club we can define these as we think is necessary. However, we have done so with the guidance of our national FE director. So basically it's our call and we made it with input from Mr. Ball. Really appreciate the effort Mike.

Going with this for the event:

Spec motors shall not exceed the dimensions of 37mm diameter X 62mm can length and shall not exceed 268 grams (minus can cooler, collet, mounting fasteners, and motor connectors). All protest shall be executed as identified in Section K, page 5 of the IMPBA rule book and be applied as applicable based on the CD's discretion

The only difference is the addition of a max weight. This will have the least impact on what we're pretty sure most people are running but still keeps out anything nutty for the moment.

dethow
03-14-2018, 08:43 PM
Limited motors shall not exceed the dimensions of 37mm diameter X 62mm in length and shall not exceed 268 grams (minus can cooler, collet, mounting fasteners, and motor connectors). All protest shall be executed as identified in Section K, page 5 of the IMPBA rule book and be applied as applicable based on the CD's discretion

:iagree: God job guys...

Has there been any consideration on making this the motor rule for 2018 MMEU club races?
Just be nice to start the ball rolling on running the first test season under these club rules. Ya know?

tjcast
05-01-2018, 09:34 AM
Hi All, just an FYI the cut of date for entry to the 2018 IMPBA FE Nationals has been moved up to May 26th. There are still a few classes that have not made the minimum # required, so if you are considering coming you need to get signed up.

Tom

Doby
05-21-2018, 09:31 PM
Hi Guys:

Are you providing a few big kick ass generators like you have in the past?

ray schrauwen
05-22-2018, 01:38 PM
Hi All, just an FYI the cut of date for entry to the 2018 IMPBA FE Nationals has been moved up to May 26th. There are still a few classes that have not made the minimum # required, so if you are considering coming you need to get signed up.

Tom
Oh shoot. I've got to pay up soon....

Bugger...

ray schrauwen
05-23-2018, 11:24 AM
Who or how do I contact to pay by CC?.

Doby
05-23-2018, 01:26 PM
Hi Guys:

Are you providing a few big kick ass generators like you have in the past?

Helllooooo..earth to Trump country...come in Trump country.....

T.S.Davis
05-23-2018, 02:51 PM
Helllooooo..earth to Trump country...come in Trump country.....

I only have one big generator that I'm sure of. Bring em if ya got em please. No telling between today and then. More may tun up. Gernerally we try to ssupply guys that are flying in. We don't have a ton of those this year.

Doug Smock
05-23-2018, 03:32 PM
I imagine Don & I will have the ability to hook up our Kanadian brother. Remind me to bring the 100' drop cord Don. We don't want a guy like that too close to us.:laugh::usa:

ray schrauwen
05-23-2018, 04:56 PM
Not sure if my body will cooperate anymore.

Having some difficulties....

I want to go bad, body does not care.

ray schrauwen
05-23-2018, 05:05 PM
Tom answered all my Questions.

Just got to get this body on a decent schedule...

ray schrauwen
05-23-2018, 05:07 PM
I imagine Don & I will have the ability to hook up our Kanadian brother. Remind me to bring the 100' drop cord Don. We don't want a guy like that too close to us.:laugh::usa:

I could use a few watts. Larry might let me buddy up...

Doby
05-23-2018, 06:48 PM

What the heck did I do (lately) to deserve that comment?? I've got a 100 footer as well so there will be MORE than enough distance between us. I'll be needing lots of power to charge my 20S, 100,000 mAh 400C HV LiPos for my 1/8th Hydro. I need all that battery power to turn over the 4"diameter 8 blade prop!

photohoward1
05-23-2018, 07:42 PM

Is that generator in metric voltage for them?

TRUCKPULL
05-23-2018, 08:31 PM
I could use a few watts. Larry might let me buddy up...

No problem Ray.

Larry

Doug Smock
05-23-2018, 09:13 PM
What the heck did I do (lately) to deserve that comment?? I've got a 100 footer as well so there will be MORE than enough distance between us. I'll be needing lots of power to charge my 20S, 100,000 mAh 400C HV LiPos for my 1/8th Hydro. I need all that battery power to turn over the 4"diameter 8 blade prop!

Go back and read that PM you sent me this week.:tongue: You know I love man! Don built a watt converter for the Kanadians Howard. :laugh:

Doby
05-23-2018, 10:20 PM
OK, I guess I did deserve that!

Don will be happy to finally have a decent spotter/pit guy again.

Doug Smock
05-23-2018, 11:14 PM
Yes, he likes the way you work.:thumbup1:

tjcast
05-29-2018, 08:22 AM
OK all sign-ups are now closed and there are 3 classes that did not make the 6 boat minimum, Spec Tunnel, 10th Scale Vintage, and Q Hydro.

Ken Haines
05-29-2018, 08:46 AM
OK all sign-ups are now closed and there are 3 classes that did not make the 6 boat minimum, Spec Tunnel, 10th Scale Vintage, and Q Hydro.

Hi Tom,
I thought there were 6 signed up for Q-Hydro ?

tjcast
05-29-2018, 08:57 AM
There were a few people that informed me that they would not be able to come and so that dropped the number below the minimum needed.

T.S.Davis
05-29-2018, 01:42 PM
There are a number of guys that said they were coming that never signed up too.

Ken Haines
05-30-2018, 10:44 AM
deleted

madmikepags
05-31-2018, 08:51 PM
hey come on lets just run one open class, anything goes!!! cat mono rigger sport hydro!!

T.S.Davis
06-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Stay late Mike. Brode and I might swim a lap at midnight on Friday. That's pretty open.

rightturnonly
06-05-2018, 04:30 AM
I should have got on my dad about not racing. One short for Vintage and he has one just sitting..tried to get my youngest to come up but for some reason he thought his college football practice took precedence..lol I look forward to this every year. I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this event..

JUICE
06-05-2018, 08:34 AM
The race is 3 weeks out and the boat count looks great. I will be calling the heats for you guys so ya better practice up on holding your lanes. I'm looking forward to hanging with you guys. And Smock? YOU ARE OVER!!!:buttrock:

Doug Smock
06-05-2018, 11:11 AM
The race is 3 weeks out and the boat count looks great. I will be calling the heats for you guys so ya better practice up on holding your lanes. I'm looking forward to hanging with you guys. And Smock? YOU ARE OVER!!!:buttrock:

I knew I was in trouble when I saw that you returned my check. I thought $100.00 on top of all your expenses was reasonable.:laugh:

I fully expect to be cut zero slack and wouldn't have it any other way. I also expect to leave Michigan being the only racer in the history of the IMPBA to be accessed a three lap penalty. :blink: :ohmy:

Looking forward to it Mr. President!!:beerchug:

Johnc
06-05-2018, 12:24 PM
OK guys,
I live about 1/2hr from the lake there in Leonard.
Just wondering if there is going to be a spectator place to sit and watch? Or, what can a potential member might be able to do?
Been thinking about joining. Need to learn about a lot more than I know though. Just not able to travel all over the country to race though.

John

Charlietuna1
06-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Johnc the hosting club meets weekly in Shelby twp. Great bunch of guys

Johnc
06-05-2018, 12:43 PM
Would need the where's and when's. Silly me cannot find anything online about it. Don't have facebook to look either.
Lived and grew up m59 and Garfield so know the area well. Remember when lakeside went up and guys used the ponds there (gas ones, and were kicked out because of noise)

Johnc
06-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Oh yea, been checking around the rules and stuff (nothing better to do right know) and was wondering if there was going to be a "Guest Limited membership" available"

I. Guest Limited Membership – a nominal fee may be paid at a club pond or event which would
allow the guest access to the driver’s stand with an IMPBA spotter for the sole purpose of a brief
trial demonstration using club/demonstration boats only. Confers limited temporary membership
rights only -- no access to Hot Pit or Launch Area, not valid for racing, and guest must be at
least 10 years old. Minors must have a parent signature to participate. Forms must be complete.
Single use on that day only

Charlietuna1
06-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Ford Feild. 23 mile west of Van Dyke. Wednesday evenings and Saturdays. They have a club points race one Sunday a month.
T.S. Davis could better inform you with the particulars of guest membership and what not.

Doug Smock
06-05-2018, 02:44 PM
The guest membership is a cool deal but is only good at club gatherings. It is not available at sanctioned events. The MMEU guys will be more than happy to accommodate you.:thumbup1:

Doby
06-05-2018, 08:18 PM
OK guys,
I live about 1/2hr from the lake there in Leonard.
Just wondering if there is going to be a spectator place to sit and watch? Or, what can a potential member might be able to do?
Been thinking about joining. Need to learn about a lot more than I know though. Just not able to travel all over the country to race though.

John

There are lots of spots to sit and watch the fun. One of the best is the gazebo right at the last turn on the course.

Doby
06-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Would need the where's and when's. Silly me cannot find anything online about it. Don't have facebook to look either.
Lived and grew up m59 and Garfield so know the area well. Remember when lakeside went up and guys used the ponds there (gas ones, and were kicked out because of noise)

http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/rcrev.pl

TRUCKPULL
06-05-2018, 09:14 PM
2018 IMPBA FE Nationals (June 28 to 30)
Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 9:00 am

Entries: 38 racers, 278 boats

Rochester N. Oakland Elks Lodge 2225
3100 Pond road
Leonard, Michigan . 48367.

Hosting Organization

Mid-Michigan Electric Unlimiteds
Tom Castellani:(586)747-7500 (Email)

Larry

T.S.Davis
06-06-2018, 10:18 AM
John, sorry man. I was off OSE for a whole day. Probably a record for me.

We can't do the guest thing for the NATS. That's going to be pandemonium for Tom and I anyway. But for sure! Come out and check it out. The Elks Lodge there has a 65' wide deck that you can view the whole course from. That site is killer. They sell beverages and even food in the evenings.

The club pond is at 23 mile and Vandyke. SW corner. Basically the entrance to the park is straight across from the McDonalds exit across 23 mile. We'll be there this evening breaking stuff........I mean testing stuff. About 5:30 or 6. Then Saturday 10:00 to 2:00.

I do remember when they ran boats at Lakeside. Heck, I remember when they built it and M59 was two lanes. I always wondered what happened. Somebody shut em down. Bet it was the apartment complexes.

RaceMechaniX
06-07-2018, 12:04 PM
Terry, did Q hydro make the cut?

longballlumber
06-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Terry, did Q hydro make the cut?

One of the three that got cut.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?58320-2018-IMPBA-FE-Nationals-Michigan-Cup&p=717959#post717959

RaceMechaniX
06-07-2018, 01:32 PM
That's a bummer. Do we need 6 boats or just 6 paid entries?

Ken Haines
06-07-2018, 10:57 PM
Hey Racers,
My good friend Jason Sims is coming to the Nat's to help me and Fede.
He is the best I cannot thank him enough for making the trip.
Going to fly him in on Wednesday, no problem, however
we need some help or ideas get him back home in time for work Sunday in Daytona Beach.
I have not booked the return flight yet, but it will probably be out of Detroit.....or Flint.
Any ideas of how to get him to the airport leaving the pond at maybe 5:00 Saturday evening?
I already ran this by Terry and Tom, thought maybe someone else might have an idea.
Let us know,
Thx so much,
Ken

Doby
06-08-2018, 12:46 AM
Hey Racers,
My good friend Jason Sims is coming to the Nat's to help me and Fede.
He is the best I cannot thank him enough for making the trip.
Going to fly him in on Wednesday, no problem, however
we need some help or ideas get him back home in time for work Sunday in Daytona Beach.
I have not booked the return flight yet, but it will probably be out of Detroit.....or Flint.
Any ideas of how to get him to the airport leaving the pond at maybe 5:00 Saturday evening?
I already ran this by Terry and Tom, thought maybe someone else might have an idea.
Let us know,
Thx so much,
Ken

Fed Ex?

madmikepags
06-08-2018, 01:13 AM
uber

T.S.Davis
06-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Canon?

Ty Davis
06-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Courier pigeon?

madmikepags
06-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Possum?

madmikepags
06-10-2018, 09:09 PM
race is a little over 2 weeks away and this is the only chatter???? WTF

rayzerdesigns
06-10-2018, 09:22 PM
Settle down mike.. are u off ur meds??

Ty Davis
06-10-2018, 10:00 PM
race is a little over 2 weeks away and this is the only chatter???? WTF

Lol. Everyone in focused on testing and tuning. The two of us combined are running 16 classes under 1 tent.

TRUCKPULL
06-10-2018, 10:34 PM
Lol. Everyone in focused on testing and tuning. The two of us combined are running 16 classes under 1 tent.

Mike is probably running 16 classes himself.:doh:

Larry

madmikepags
06-11-2018, 12:42 AM
q hydro and p spec tunnel are still listed on rc racing events, those classes are cancelled aren't they?

Ty Davis
06-11-2018, 09:42 AM
q hydro and p spec tunnel are still listed on rc racing events, those classes are cancelled aren't they?

Neither of those classes made the cut.

tjcast
06-11-2018, 10:15 AM

I need them there for accounting purposes.

RaceMechaniX
06-11-2018, 11:36 AM
What is it going to take to get Q hydro back on the run sheet? Tyler Davis, do you want to run one?
It would be a shame not to run the premier class in FE.

T.S.Davis
06-11-2018, 12:08 PM
Sigh. 2 of the 5 Q's that were registered were either borrowed or incomplete.

I think of "premier" differently apparently. An FE class that can't make at an all FE event doesn't qualify as premier to me.

We've sort of duct taped classes together before to make people happy. It's always a disaster. 1 doesn't get quite finished or has never been wet. One breaks down during open water. One is getting raced by someone that's never run one. He takes someone out and feels like a turd.

We're not doing it for this gig. The deadline came and went.

Ty Davis
06-11-2018, 12:19 PM
What is it going to take to get Q hydro back on the run sheet? Tyler Davis, do you want to run one?
It would be a shame not to run the premier class in FE.

Tyler
I am already 12 classes deep and 7 of them are High points classes. I also have a couple of loaner boats that I haven't run yet. I also feel that my ability to drive one of those boats is very slim. So, I'd have to say no on Q Hydro.

P hydro is already going to be a handful trying to keep up with you guys in speed.

madmikepags
06-11-2018, 06:58 PM
wah wah wah!!!! LOL really lookin forward to this race!!!!

ray schrauwen
06-13-2018, 10:07 AM
Sad to say I have to drop out. I need to replace the upper plenum gasket in my 3.8II. Just too much coin I don’t have on hand. There are some health issues with both Wendy and I too but we were still trying to make it.

At best maybe we will visit a day or two.

T.S.Davis
06-13-2018, 11:04 AM
Well crap Ray. Keep us in the loop either way. We sure do get it. Life ain't all peaches n' cream.

T.S.Davis
06-13-2018, 11:17 AM
I had a dream last nite that PAGS climbed onto a big a$$ tractor to move something around the site. In classic PAGS fashion he did so at wide open throttle. Then he fell off the seat, hung on fer dear life, and drove that thing into the lake............... full boogy. We're all running into the water to get him thinking he's surely dead. He crawled out and says "I'm such a jack ass sometimes".

...............that's not weird right?

Usually I just dream the pond dried up or was completely covered with weeds. This is a brand new twist. Dang it Mikey! Stay off the freak'n tractor.

TRUCKPULL
06-13-2018, 11:38 AM
I had a dream last nite that PAGS climbed onto a big a$$ tractor to move something around the site. In classic PAGS fashion he did so at wide open throttle. Then he fell off the seat, hung on fer dear life, and drove that thing into the lake............... full boogy. We're all running into the water to get him thinking he's surely dead. He crawled out and says "I'm such a jack ass sometimes".

...............that's not weird right?

Usually I just dream the pond dried up or was completely covered with weeds. This is a brand new twist. Dang it Mikey! Stay off the freak'n tractor.

What is Weird Terry is you dreaming about Mike P.

Larry

Charlietuna1
06-13-2018, 11:55 AM
One could only imagine that conversation if he talks in his sleep. Oddly enough, I don’t think his wife would one bit shocked hearing it. Lol

T.S.Davis
06-13-2018, 01:28 PM
What is Weird Terry is you dreaming about Mike P.

Larry

Yeah, ewe.

Charlie, you coming by the pond later? Got the 34 Wildthing rebuilt.....again. haha

Charlietuna1
06-13-2018, 01:32 PM
Planning on it.

Charlietuna1
06-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Yeah, ewe.

Charlie, you coming by the pond later? Got the 34 Wildthing rebuilt.....again. haha

What the heck. I hit the bouy. I hit the bank. Let’s see how I do on a moving target? Lol

T.S.Davis
06-13-2018, 09:13 PM
It happens. I just ripped the transom off the Oberto.

ray schrauwen
06-13-2018, 11:21 PM

Tenth scale? Noooo!

Charlietuna1
06-14-2018, 07:06 AM
Ouch.

Shooter
06-15-2018, 02:56 PM
P hydro is already going to be a handful trying to keep up with you guys in speed.

Listen to this guy. Talk about sandbagging. Did anyone see his boat in Atlanta???

Ty Davis
06-15-2018, 05:19 PM
Listen to this guy. Talk about sandbagging. Did anyone see his boat in Atlanta???

P Rigger. Not sport hydro

Ken Haines
06-17-2018, 09:39 PM
20+ boats all lubed , serviced and ready for the trek to the Nationals.
Hopefully this year we make it there with all the boats :cursing:
Now just need to pack the wife, son, & puppy.....lol
:bounce:

TRUCKPULL
06-17-2018, 11:40 PM
20+ boats all lubed , serviced and ready for the trek to the Nationals.
Hopefully this year we make it there with all the boats :cursing:
Now just need to pack the wife, son, & puppy.....lol
:bounce:

Don't forget Jason.

Larry

madmikepags
06-18-2018, 03:52 AM
Only have one boat to build!!!!!!! don't know if the q mono is gonna make it???? The way I want to build it will take too much time, I might just slap it together and see how it goes!!!!! All other boats are pretty much ready, a motor here a speedo there but nothin to write home about. P-lim cat should be interesting, I have a full size sprintcat .40 done up SUPER DUPER lightweight. We'll see how she runs. Brand new Q cat, tryin sumthin a lil different, Breakin out the p spec rigger for the first time in some 4 years???

Ken Haines
06-18-2018, 05:43 AM
Don't forget Jason.

Larry

Thanks Larry,
Lol.....not forgetting Jason, he will be flying in on Wednesday.

Ty Davis
06-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Only have one boat to build!!!!!!! don't know if the q mono is gonna make it???? The way I want to build it will take too much time, I might just slap it together and see how it goes!!!!! All other boats are pretty much ready, a motor here a speedo there but nothin to write home about. P-lim cat should be interesting, I have a full size sprintcat .40 done up SUPER DUPER lightweight. We'll see how she runs. Brand new Q cat, tryin sumthin a lil different, Breakin out the p spec rigger for the first time in some 4 years???

Q Mono already made the cut.

RaceMechaniX
06-18-2018, 08:27 PM
I guess I better start prepping the boats for the trip to the MI instead of trolling the the for sale section.

Doug Smock
06-18-2018, 08:44 PM
No need in getting in a hurry I'm thinking I'll get started tomorrow after work.

longballlumber
06-19-2018, 07:31 AM
I guess I better start prepping the boats for the trip to the MI instead of trolling the the for sale section.

No need in getting in a hurry I'm thinking I'll get started tomorrow after work.

Evidently, I am not the only one waits until the last minute to prepare!

donhuff
06-19-2018, 07:40 AM
"Prepare"? you mean load the trailer? what you talking about , prepare?

longballlumber
06-19-2018, 08:37 AM
"Prepare"? you mean load the trailer? what you talking about , prepare?

LOL, At least I know it's a "TEAM" effort now!