PDA

View Full Version : Proboat Apache 24

ApacheDude
11-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Hello All,
Say hello to the Proboat Apache 24. This is a great starter RTR electric boat. It shares several features of the Blackjack 26 BL but cost saving measures are fairly obvious.

Some of the specifications:
Molded ABS plastic hull
AM 27 Mhz radio included
Water cooled 540 Brushed motor
Solid drive shaft

I have since upgraded the ESC and upgraded to brushless once when the original ESC died...

In stock configuration the boat is probably 1/2 (or slightly more) as fast as the Blackjack. Easy to control and just fast enough to know it is not a toy.

Things I liked about this kit:
Steerable drive system
Water cooled motor (ESC was not water cooled)
Catamaran hull

Things needing improvement in stock kit
cooling for ESC
more internal space to work with

I am currently running a Castle Creations Sidewinder and CSM-4600 brushless motor off of a 6 cell NiMH pack. Current speed is now equal to stock Blackjack with 2 6 cell NiMH packs... :smile:

Diegoboy
12-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Does the Apache have any float foam in the bow? It looks like a larger Mini-c, and my Mini-c didn't, so it sank. :cursing:

ApacheDude
12-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Nope, not that I can tell. I have flipped this thing several times however and the upper and lower hull halves are surprisingly well sealed together; so water comes in very, very slowly. I have never thought there was a chance of sinking in the times I have flipped it, seemed "stable" sitting upside down.

And this was before I discovered hatch tape :o

Probably just lucky?