PDA

View Full Version : HK - FlyColor 120 esc programming box etc

ray schrauwen
09-22-2017, 09:18 PM
I have one of these esc's and it's program box. On the box there is a setting I don't understand because maybe it's for car esc's or ???

Setting 2 is called Fixed Area Accelerator ?

Setting 4 is Start Mode Punch.

What the heck do you set these too?

It's an LSH PTSS with UL-1 motor.

golfito
09-23-2017, 12:58 PM
Hola!
"Item 2. Fixed Area Accelerator [comment: This is just an overly fancy name for
what is simply the neutral area or 'deadband' separating forward and
reverse throttle ranges]
Value 1 – 6 percent
Value 2 – 9 percent [Factory Default]
Value 3 – 12 percent"

https://hobbyking.com/media/file/u/s/using_the_hobbyking_boat_esc_program_card_5.pdf

Saludos!!

golfito
09-23-2017, 01:22 PM
Try to use that card with the flycolor 150A and it is not compatible. Only the black card works. The yellow card is for the old flycolor or hkig esc.

ray schrauwen
09-24-2017, 12:23 PM
Try to use that card with the flycolor 150A and it is not compatible. Only the black card works. The yellow card is for the old flycolor or hkig esc.

Thank you, I know. I have both. I just have not looked at this programmer in over a year.

ray schrauwen
09-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Hola!
"Item 2. Fixed Area Accelerator [comment: This is just an overly fancy name for
what is simply the neutral area or 'deadband' separating forward and
reverse throttle ranges]
Value 1 – 6 percent
Value 2 – 9 percent [Factory Default]
Value 3 – 12 percent"

https://hobbyking.com/media/file/u/s/using_the_hobbyking_boat_esc_program_card_5.pdf

Saludos!!

What will changing it do?

TRUCKPULL
09-24-2017, 09:27 PM
What will changing it do?

How Much Neutral Range? (Parameter Item 2)
What the Program Card labels Fixed Area Accelerator is really nothing more than a choice of how much neutral space you want between forward and reverse throttle commands.
The minimum value will provide the largest (and therefore, smoothest) forward throttle range.
The largest value will give the most throttle sensitivity, but might make any specific throttle setting hard to hit exactly.

In the case of a pistol grip type transmitter, the throttle is auto-centering with a spring that reliably takes you back to the center of its range (i.e. to the neutral end of the throttle pull). In this case, you should be able to set this parameter to its minimum (Value = 1, 6 percent).

In the case of a non-spring-loaded throttle lever, you probably want the neutral area to be larger so you can get into it easily without careful hand-eye coordination. So, a setting of 9 percent (Value = 2) or 12 percent (Value = 3) might be appropriate.
Note that if you have either of the 'Forward and Reverse' modes set in Parameter 1, you don't have to worry about running past neutral into reverse running.
I find a setting of 9 percent quite comfortable to use with my older 4-channel Futaba transmitter.

Larry

golfito
09-25-2017, 12:21 AM
: thumbup1:
Very good explanation.

ray schrauwen
09-25-2017, 04:53 PM
Wow, cool. Thanks Larry.