PDA

View Full Version : Blackjack 29v3 upgrade Veles motor and abc1716

REDLINE1
09-17-2017, 06:19 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o-qKtKjRR9M
Not a very good video. Goose crap all over the pier so I couldn't get out for a closer shot
Thanks Ryan for letting me use your prop

MADRCER
09-17-2017, 06:27 PM
Good Job! Those 1716's are hard to beat paired with the 3831's good stuff.

fweasel
09-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Good time at the lake today, water was the best we've seen all year once we cleared the water fowl. I don't get those Dynamite GPS units. It makes little sense why the max speed reading is always different than what shows up in the computer plotter. 76MPH Smoking! That Blackjack was really ripping today, nearly beat both of the big yellow boats! I think you should put bigger ESC bullets on to combat some of that heat we saw.

REDLINE1
09-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Good Job! Those 1716's are hard to beat paired with the 3831's good stuff.

Yes thanks for sharing yr setup

REDLINE1
09-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Good time at the lake today, water was the best we've seen all year once we cleared the water fowl. I don't get those Dynamite GPS units. It makes little sense why the max speed reading is always different than what shows up in the computer plotter. 76MPH Smoking! That Blackjack was really ripping today, nearly beat both of the big yellow boats! I think you should put bigger ESC bullets on to combat some of that heat we saw.

Good day indeed! Yr Zonda took the top award with its 90 mph pass. Very cool!

boatsrnew2me
09-17-2017, 09:34 PM
what were the motor temps after that run? was it just fast passes or you drive it around?

fast passes are cool and all but i like a boat i can run a full lipo set thru without a meltdown .

fweasel
09-17-2017, 09:41 PM
fast passes are cool and all but i like a boat i can run a full lipo set thru without a meltdown .
This prop is not for you.

REDLINE1
09-17-2017, 10:10 PM
what were the motor temps after that run? was it just fast passes or you drive it around?

140's on motor 130's esc. Run was just shy of 3 min. SAW passes only with this prop

MADRCER
09-17-2017, 10:41 PM

It depends on how long the boat sustains the highest speed, if it's a long time (long being a second or two) both read the same, but if it's a short period then only the logger gets it stored, but 2mph difference is odd though because we know he wasn't continuing to build a lot of speed that long in the pass. The logger is the first to take the speed then pass info on to the display. See the below example from a stock run with my Veles. Where the boat was topped out for a long time in the run.

153870 153871

fweasel
09-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Still dumb. Record peak speed, display peak speed.

MADRCER
09-17-2017, 11:41 PM
I hear you. If the Garmin was quicker to read, not have brain farts where it forgets to save the peak speed and a little smaller it would be the perfect GPS for Rc's

fweasel
09-18-2017, 09:03 AM
If the Garmin was quicker to read, not have brain farts where it forgets to save the peak speed and a little smaller it would be the perfect GPS for Rc's

Agreed, they could use a faster refresh rate. Only time my Garmins don't record peak is when I forget to start the timer, but now that I run at a bigger lake and run wide open for significantly longer stretches, it's not a problem for my use.