PDA

View Full Version : Custom Decals

R2315
08-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Hi all,

I've been looking for someone or a company that can makes custom decals, specifically a letter/number combo within a rectangle border as pictured and some other branding. Anyone know someone who make quality decals? I found a few older threads but nothing current

Thanks,
Ryan

CraigP
08-25-2017, 09:36 PM
Hey Ryan,

I use Prism Graphics in Seattle, Wa. Here's their info:
7609 5th Ave South
Seattle, WA 98108
Tel: 800-482-1801

This company does all the graphics for my brother's GP boat, the GP55. You can google that and see some pics for their work.

R2315
08-25-2017, 09:47 PM
Awesome! I'll check them out, thanks Craig!

R2315
08-25-2017, 09:56 PM
Wait, so your brother races hydroplanes for real? that GP55 is no toy boat is it?

Prodrvr
08-25-2017, 10:39 PM
Another place...www.callie-graphics.com

R2315
08-25-2017, 10:50 PM
Thanks Prodrvr! also looks like a great option I'll check them out as well.

dtacmed
08-25-2017, 10:58 PM
One thing I do is go to a sign shop and ask for some scrap vinyl in the colors I need. Then I will print out on the computer what I want to copy. Use clear tape and tape to vinyl cut out with xacto knife.peel away leaving only what you want then use transfer or masking tape after rubbing it on your clothes to loose some of the sticky.Put that over what you cut out peel it off and stick it on.

Bp9145
08-25-2017, 11:03 PM
here's another. . .specializing for RC graphics and decals
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2808030-Pro-Custom-Graphics-Made-To-Order

CraigP
08-25-2017, 11:11 PM
Wait, so your brother races hydroplanes for real? that GP55 is no toy boat is it?

Yes, it's 27' with a 500cu blown, injected on alcohol circle racer. About 185-190mph on straights. They turn left! He has a driver now... he drove in Unlimited Hydros, Oh Boy O'Berto, Miss Pringles, Miss Budweiser. I Crew Chiefed for him up to the Miss Pringles in '86. I went to college to get my BSEE... I still build his engines when I can. There is much similarity in sponson design between the full size boats a models. The little picture by my name is his boat, hitting about 180!

R2315
08-25-2017, 11:16 PM
Great stuff! I should have posted this question sooner as I have been unsuccessful until now! Thanks again everyone!

R2315
08-25-2017, 11:27 PM
Yes, it's 27' with a 500cu blown, injected on alcohol circle racer. About 185-190mph on straights. They turn left! He has a driver now... he drove in Unlimited Hydros, Oh Boy O'Berto, Miss Pringles, Miss Budweiser. I Crew Chiefed for him up to the Miss Pringles in '86. I went to college to get my BSEE... I still build his engines when I can. There is much similarity in sponson design between the full size boats a models. The little picture by my name is his boat, hitting about 180!

Wow Craig that's that's crazy man, I bet a lot of people including myself are in this hobby building and racing small scale versions of what we would do on a full scale if we could. Your a lucky man to get to be on both sides of that!

CraigP
08-25-2017, 11:59 PM
It brings me many good memories when I run my little hydro! I'm painting it now to match his blue/yellow/white paint scheme. It's currently black/yellow/white now. But black makes a boat look smaller!:thumbup:

MadProps
08-26-2017, 12:08 AM
very cool Craig !
I build & race Mercury outboard motors I also sponsor 3 juniors in APBA hydroplane racing
I generate cash from my mercury outboard forum site to sponsor the kids, a 10year old boy, 12 yr old boy and a 16 year old girl, Chloe is currently 2nd in Nation in ASH Class and its only her second year...we put gopro cameras onboard the hydros to watch the kids
check out the kids here if your interested
http://johnsoldmercurysite.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=61

CraigP
08-26-2017, 12:25 AM
Oh that's great stuff Michael! The outboards are a great way to introduce Hydro racing, they rip! The Formula boats are insane turning boats. I see you need to make a log in, I'll catch that tomorrow. Yes, APBA, many years with them. My brother and I started racing in 5 Litre Hydro when I was 15 and he was 17. Those are 150mph boats, running 305cu motors, injected on alcohol, no blowers. I was the master mechanic in our high school car club, building 10-11 motors thru high school. It must be rewarding watching the young ones coming up thru the ranks. Keep them safe!

Prodrvr
08-26-2017, 04:47 AM

That's awesome!!

ray schrauwen
08-26-2017, 07:14 PM
One thing I do is go to a sign shop and ask for some scrap vinyl in the colors I need. Then I will print out on the computer what I want to copy. Use clear tape and tape to vinyl cut out with xacto knife.peel away leaving only what you want then use transfer or masking tape after rubbing it on your clothes to loose some of the sticky.Put that over what you cut out peel it off and stick it on.

Cool!!!

monojeff
08-27-2017, 02:25 AM
Hi all,

I've been looking for someone or a company that can makes custom decals, specifically a letter/number combo within a rectangle border as pictured and some other branding. Anyone know someone who make quality decals? I found a few older threads but nothing current

Thanks,
Ryan

Sent you back a PM no problem to help you with whatever your wanting done.

klloyd67
08-27-2017, 11:42 PM
Sent you back a PM no problem to help you with whatever your wanting done.

Scotty Pierce's brother huh.....great driver back in the day, brings back memories of hanging out at Genesse Park in Seattle in the 80's

CraigP
08-28-2017, 08:31 AM
They're on their way to Evansville, IN for HydroFest. His GP class is running with a few others and the H1 class, that's the Unlimiteds now. Scotty owns the boat and Jamie Neilsen drives it. I hope they do well!