PDA

View Full Version : Another Atlas test.....

Navherc130
08-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Today ran the Atlas in breezy conditions with some chop, (for an rc boat). Today used 5s and a m645. 2.5 minute run. Batts at 20% when finished. ESC 110*, Batts 120*, but motor ram rise after about 5 minutes before I untaped boat (bystander asking questions) was 164*. Speed was 50 mph or so. Very flighty. Thought she was gonna flip a few times. Vac-u-tug was on standby. I think I do not want any faster and risk a wreck. I had Batts as far forward as I could. I may have to add a few ounces of lead to keep nose down. I want to try again on a dead calm day. On the other hand, maybe back to 4s and a x452?? Largest prop I have is a x648. Any random thoughts out there?

CraigP
08-20-2017, 09:19 PM
Can you drop the strut or go more negative angle on the strut? Also, try turning your turn fin clockwise a few degrees. Helps to suck down the right side. I would do the strut first... angling the bottom of the rudder towards the back ground f the boat can get the nose down too.

Oh, and check your COG. It should be 1-2" from the back of the sponsons. You have to shift weight of parts, batts is easiest if it needs adjusting. I hope that helps. Your prop you used is not really a lifter, it should work pretty good.