PDA

View Full Version : All I get is a beep every second from my SSS motor

Linewbie
07-23-2017, 11:18 AM
In my 34 inch Pro Marine MTR. Seems I killed my receiver a few weeks back. I bought a pair of new ones (FS-A3) and cant bind them to save my life. Radio is a FS-GT2E. On the mean time, I came to the apparent incorrect conclusion that my esc was shot, so I bought a used 180a Turnigy from a member here( I was planning an upgrade anyway from the factory SK 120a), and still ng. Damn motor beeps, cant bind anything, and Im so frustrated I just want to throw all this crap in the garage and not sink anymore cash into the prob. Cool hobby, but frustrating as all hell. I realize Ive got several issues here, but maybe someone can offer assistance?
I also purchased a Hobbywing Program Card with the esc and cant get anything out of that either. This sucks.

Linewbie
07-23-2017, 11:42 AM
That does appear where my problems are starting. Btw, the esc flashes red with each beep, fwiw.

iop65
07-23-2017, 11:51 AM
The single beep probably means that the receiver is 't getting a signal ,check Manual.

MadProps
07-23-2017, 12:19 PM
The single beep probably means that the receiver is 't getting a signal ,check Manual.
Correct NO receiver signal but Ha! thats funny ....you know the directions "if any" in this hobby are in chinglish or just wrong.:laugh:

I have both the FSGT2E and the FSGT3B and just went thru this.......

if you go to youtube you will see many vids claiming you may not have a bad receiver you may have done it incorrectly and they proceed to show you how to bind ....leaving you scratching your head because you tried that

when I couldnt bind to the new FSGT3B I took the receivers and tried to bind them to the cheaper FSGT2E and to my surprise they bound so apparently in my haste I used the same bind channel as the FSGT2E which buggered the receivers for the new FSGT3B transmitter

the FSGT2E must be bound using the "+ - S" connector (top most plug) the FSGT3B must be bound using the "channel 3" and if you attempt using the wrong channel your buggered there is no going back to rebind them the receiver is forever set to bind to the wrong transmitter
I had to buy 4 receivers just to get my gear working:doh:

MadProps
07-23-2017, 12:33 PM
you sound new as me ha!........I also had issues with the programing cards I bought several Turnigy 120a esc's from hobby king and a turnigy card it didnt work ......I was forced to upgrade one of my ESC's to a 180a and bought a hobbywing it required a diff programing card.....but it came with a connection cable that the turnigy didnt & I used the supplied cable to connect to the ESC and the hobbywing card worked on the hobby wing programing card....just for grins I tried the connection cable that came with the hobby wing card in the Turnigy program card..... pluged it into the Turnigy ESC's and bingo I could now program the turningy ESC's

the programing cards are not interchangeable you must use turnigy on turnigy esc's and hobby wing on their own esc's

if this is confusing I will make you a video
dont quit yet we will sort you out

Linewbie
07-23-2017, 01:06 PM
"and if you attempt using the wrong channel your buggered there is no going back to rebind them the receiver is forever set to bind to the wrong transmitter
I had to buy 4"
Well that just sucks. I tried every combo, which Im certain included the wrong one. Just great. Thanks for the video offer MadProps, seems I need to sort out these damn receivers before I do anything. I'm going to be out of commision until another comes from the proverbial slow boat from China. Ill check back later. Thanks guys.

MadProps
07-23-2017, 02:02 PM
I feel your slow boat from china pain :angry:

I bought spare parts I most likely wont even need for three boats..... motors, esc's, flex shafts, even complete spare outboards so that the grankids rc boating summer wont be ruined over waiting on the slow boat from china.

watch this video and send me your mailing address I will send you a receiver THAT IS ALREADY TESTED TO WORK ON YOUR MODEL TRANSMITTER ....no charge!
you will need to bind it to "your transmitter" then calibrate the throttle by turning on your transmitter.... go full throttle..turn on your receiver......wait for the beeps....release the throttle trigger....hear one more beep...then shut everything down and reboot....your good to go

EDIT: PS I will send the receiver with the bind plug ALREADY PLUGGED INTO THE CORRECT POSITION

https://youtu.be/l6MsIQjQ0to

CraigP
07-23-2017, 04:25 PM
Mad props, what a guy! Going way out to help a fellow FE guy... hat's off to you!

Linewbie
07-23-2017, 06:05 PM
MadProps, thanks for the video. As soon my bbq guests leave I'll try and again. Since Ive been toying with my new two without success are they now junk? If you can make anything useful out of them, or they can be reprogrammed Id be happy to send them both your way as trade towards the one working unit you have. If not, I insist on paying you for that working unit and the postage as well. The video is generous enough on your part. Thanks very much.

MadProps
07-23-2017, 06:10 PM
ok fine lets trade I will see if they will bind to any of the 3 diff flysky TX's I have if not I dont care

I will make a video of me binding this Rx Im sending you to the very same Tx your using to make this foolproof for you, because it wont work following the manufacturer's instructions any longer :noidea:

check your email for my mailing address

Linewbie
07-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Pm sent. Thanks

Newboater
07-23-2017, 06:48 PM
Linewbie if you want swing by my house and I will see if I can square you up. I have some spare receivers that are bound already to my GT3 and this will allow us to pin point where your problem actually is I also have the program card for the sk 180amp esc.

MadProps
07-23-2017, 07:01 PM
well thats even faster way getting on him on the water, if you can get him sorted I will replace your receiver you give him...I have more than I need

Newboater
07-23-2017, 07:04 PM
well thats even faster way getting on him on the water, if you can get him sorted I will replace your receiver you give him...I have more than I need
Thank you for the offer but I think I still have one or two spares laying around.

Linewbie
07-23-2017, 08:07 PM
PM sent Newboater, thanks.

Newboater
07-23-2017, 08:26 PM
PM sent Newboater, thanks.
No problem already responded

Nevs
07-24-2017, 05:12 AM
One beep usualy means you got the wrong sequence of connection. Turn on the transmitter first...

a428q
07-24-2017, 01:19 PM
This might help. Unplug esc plug from rx turn 180 degrees plug it back in. Had same problem couple weeks ago and it worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

MadProps
07-24-2017, 01:53 PM
Tony a working receiver is tested and in the mail to you
here is a video for binding to your Tx follow my instructions not the manufacturers or THIS receiver wont bind to your TX
https://youtu.be/JrS1lBI8OFE

Linewbie
07-24-2017, 07:40 PM
Thanks Mad, and a pair of questionable ones headed your way this am. Thanks again. Im going to meet with Newboater hopefully this week and iron this all out. Ill exchange yours for his. Thanks again to all.

Linewbie
07-27-2017, 08:07 PM
Thanks to everyone with the assistance. Newboater got me squared away earlier today. I'm gtg. MadProps, thanks for the receiver, I told NB today that I will be forwarding your unit to him next time we meet, just to keep things square. We also set up my Turnigy ESC with NB's Hobbywing ESC Card, so I'm all set. I tried my HW Card running through the wire coming off the ESC, but ng. When I used the plug/wire from his card, I was able to use my HW Card to program the Turnegy 180a ESC. Weird. Thanks again gentlemen. Stupid hobby :thumbup1:

MadProps
07-27-2017, 08:20 PM
Thanks to everyone with the assistance. Newboater got me squared away earlier today. I'm gtg. MadProps, thanks for the receiver, I told NB today that I will be forwarding your unit to him next time we meet, just to keep things square. We also set up my Turnigy ESC with NB's Hobbywing ESC Card, so I'm all set. I tried my HW Card running through the wire coming off the ESC, but ng. When I used the plug/wire from his card, I was able to use my HW Card to program the Turnegy 180a ESC. Weird. Thanks again gentlemen. Stupid hobby :thumbup1:
good to hear now go burn some battery paks and have fun

MadProps
08-01-2017, 06:21 PM
Tony the 2 troublesome receivers arrived and were as I suspected ...buggered ...they will not bind to the Tx they were intended for once the bind plug is installed in wrong place

they did bind to the older Tx I have here just as my Rx's did

pay attention people with flysky binding procedures or you will wish you had!

Linewbie
08-01-2017, 06:45 PM
If you got a working pair out of the deal, Im good with that. Thanks again.

Bigford
08-02-2017, 04:47 AM
Never had this problem with spektrum ;)

Linewbie
08-02-2017, 07:20 AM
Never had this problem with spektrum ;)

Is that the same spektrum that gives you that stones throw of range? :ThumbsDown01:

Newboater
08-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Is that the same spektrum that gives you that stones throw of range? :ThumbsDown01:

Or the same spectrum that makes your boat suddenly spaz out?? If yes PLEASE tell me where I can get one too:rofl:

Bigford
08-02-2017, 09:41 AM
The one and only!!
I should be there Saturday with new motor and battery's

Newboater
08-02-2017, 10:53 AM
What time Saturday

Bigford
08-02-2017, 11:31 AM

Newboater
08-02-2017, 12:54 PM
okay obviously weather depending

Linewbie
08-02-2017, 01:05 PM
That works for me.

Newboater
08-02-2017, 02:07 PM
Between the two of you I will make sure the Super Dave rescue tug is up and running:bash:

Linewbie
08-02-2017, 03:07 PM
At least mine either craps out or flips far enough away from the shoreline which makes your tug getting wet worth the trip. Bigford can usually retrieve his with a pair of galoshes and a stick. :moon:

Bigford
08-02-2017, 03:29 PM
At least I don't chase the ducks with my boat

Linewbie
08-02-2017, 03:55 PM
I love duck....

MadProps
08-03-2017, 12:50 PM
more flysky control issues....now the more expensive brand new programable Tx GT3B power button has gone south and is intermittent and when it does power up the transmission range is cut in 1/2 ....
tried to return to TomTop but they are screwing me telling me they will send me $3 and I keep the junk, when I said no I want a refund/return they told me to ship to a CHINESE address although it was sold and shipped to me thru a California address..(it will cost more than its worth to return the defective item)...crooks!

happy to have found OSE and have purchased everything from them since I found the site!

Linewbie
08-03-2017, 01:25 PM
They too tried to get me to remove the neutral feedback I left them concerning the units not binding properly. They offered 1/2 of my 13.00 for the pair back. For 6.50 I figured it was worth warning the next buyer and refused to change my comments.

Newboater
08-03-2017, 01:31 PM
more flysky control issues....now the more expensive brand new programable Tx GT3B power button has gone south and is intermittent and when it does power up the transmission range is cut in 1/2 ....
tried to return to TomTop but they are screwing me telling me they will send me $3 and I keep the junk, when I said no I want a refund/return they told me to ship to a CHINESE address although it was sold and shipped to me thru a California address..(it will cost more than its worth to return the defective item)...crooks!

happy to have found OSE and have purchased everything from them since I found the site!

Open up radio, power wire by on/off switch may be coming loose, resolder and that should resolve the issue. My GT3b is over 6 years old without any issues. The radio and receiver is 35 bucks shipped can't expect top notch quality at that price :biggrin:

MadProps
08-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Open up radio, power wire by on/off switch may be coming loose, resolder and that should resolve the issue. My GT3b is over 6 years old without any issues. The radio and receiver is 35 bucks shipped can't expect top notch quality at that price :biggrin:

my cheaper flysky has no issues either its the business ethics that piss me off