PDA

View Full Version : Sears, Christmas, and the Troops

Darin Jordan
11-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Sears -- Christmas shopping has already started

I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they have not withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

Let's admit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. Let's all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there. Let's give Sears the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Please share this with your e-mail friends.

Before sending this out, I decided to check this out. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department :

I received the below e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store, even if it's somewhat more expensive.

This is how Sears answered my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information in your forwarded e-mail is indeed factual. We at Sears appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to your patronage.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women may make, and we are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care

webcenter@sears.com

1-800-349-4358

It's also verified by Snopes.com at: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for their outstanding contribution, and we need to show them, as Americans, we do appreciate what they are
doing for our military!!!

Please pass this on...now...and Thanks.

rockwerks
11-21-2008, 01:53 PM
I have always been a Sears customer, good quality hand tools, etc. now is one more reason to keep the m on my shopping list. I do alot of online shopping with Sears, living out here in the sticks