PDA

View Full Version : First Run, TFL P1 Drive, Dumas Mono, Went Well (Almost)

Checkmateguy01
05-29-2017, 03:32 PM
Got my old Dumas mono back on the water this weekend with a brand new set-up, a TFL P1 Drive + the stock SSS 2200KV motor that comes attached to it. I must say i am actually surprised by the over all speed running on 3s with a Prather 215 prop, it's much quicker than i anticipated! It scoots along pretty good! The boat does have a tendency to spin out if you corner it to hard, i do not have a turn fin on it and for a the scale look i really don't want one, but i might have to. Other than that, the only real problem is the boat is taking on a lot of water! I found one small leak that i took care of, but can't figure out where the rest of the water is coming in from. I think i've read on here that the TFL drives leak thru the gimbal/bellow's, but i have no idea seal it up if it is the drive. I'm gonna float it in the tub and see of can see anything. Still, it's a fun little boat!

151767 151768

JestDanny
05-29-2017, 09:36 PM
Try cutting back on amount of steering travel, out drive, out board they don't need much travel to turn a boat. Set the knob 1/2 way, should help with spin outs. Nice boat.