PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about securing my Lipos in my Pro Marine MTR?

Linewbie
05-05-2017, 04:02 PM
There are no battery mounts, only a blank pad on either side of the motor where I suppose I can secure some velcro. I don't want to do a shabby job, and have concerns that the Lipos won't stay secure with velcro only. Thanks for the help.

T.S.Davis
05-05-2017, 04:56 PM
You'll want straps. You can do it the quick way by using something like E6000 to glue straps to the hull. A better option is to get trays to epoxy into the hull that the straps go through. I think Steve sells them here on OSE.

Another option is just velcro and then cut pool noodle to wedge between the cells and the deck so that they stay snug and don't bounce around. Then the velcro keeps them from sliding forward or back.

fweasel
05-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Surprised they don't include battery trays

Linewbie
05-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Surprised they don't include battery trays

I would have hoped so myself. They are shown in the owners manual, fwiw. I'm on the email alert list when they get back into stock here. I might go the pool noodle route though, thanks T.S.

NativePaul
05-06-2017, 07:08 AM
Velcro is enough IMO, if you use Velcro brand industrial Velcro rather than generic Chinese hook and loop, you probably won't even want to cover the bottom of your battery as it will be so hard to get them out if you do.