PDA

View Full Version : Voracity brass strut

04-24-2017, 07:23 PM
HI, I HAVE THE VORACITY, WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO WHEN THE BRASS IN STRUT WEARS OUT AND YOU GET SLOPPAGE? i WISH THEY WOULD PUT LEAD TEFLON N THERE STRUTS?

fweasel
04-24-2017, 07:56 PM
Punch out the stock bushings, press in lead/teflon. Buy new stock strut and replace old one. Drill out strut and use aquacraft style brass bushing.

Better question, why did yours wear out so quickly? What kind of prop are you using, and is it balanced?

04-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Punch out the stock bushings, press in lead/teflon. Buy new stock strut and replace old one. Drill out strut and use aquacraft style brass bushing.

Better question, why did yours wear out so quickly? What kind of prop are you using, and is it balanced?

hi, even though I balance the props, I still get brass wear everytime after 5 0r more runs? Ive used lead teflon in a geico stalk strut but still dont fit as snug as new brass strut??

fweasel
04-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Maybe the prop shaft is unbalanced or untrue? Is it the stock flexcable? I've seen some pretty poor examples come form the factory on my boats and almost always use an upgraded flexcable for better tolerances.