PDA

View Full Version : F1 Hull

Monica Smith
04-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Hey guys,
Have a long time have not logged in here. Hope things is going well by your side.
About more than 3 years ago, I had posted a thread of scale F1, you guys seemed very interested in it, but at the last when the boat has been released, the sales is not really as well what we expected. Really is very curious the reasons. If anyone would give me some comments, it will be very appricated!
Now we have another design on F1, it is a little bit different with the previous, is this one better look?
Here is the information of the F1 Hull:

* Hull made of fiber glass.
* Length .................710mm
* Beam ................. 260mm
* Depth ................. 170mm

cybercrxt
04-13-2017, 08:53 AM
Hey Monica, In my honest opinion, the ride surface design on this one would not run well in an oval course at all, as it would probably hook very badly due to how far forward the sponsons stay flat on a layout board. Also, having the kick down for a stuffing tube out of the bottom will run may people away, as it looks like the boat is intended to be an inboard, and not an outboard. Also, while I love an engine transom that extends further back than the sponson transom, this will not work very well for an outboard setup on an oval course. Finally, the boat itself looks to much like a toy, not realistic. It doesn't look very scale.

With that being said, you have two routes to take when making tunnel boats.

1) A realistic, very scale hull, that replicates a full size so well that sport boaters want to build it to replicate their favorite race boat.

2) A pure bread race tunnel, that has proper sponson design for oval course, and the correct engine transom to make the boat turn properly.

Right now, this boat has a loose layout, that doesn't really fit either design, and in turn, no one will know what to do with it.

This is just my honest opinion, and I feel I know you well enough that you will know I say these things with the up most respect! Take care, Mike

Monica Smith
04-13-2017, 09:04 AM
Hey Monica, In my honest opinion, the ride surface design on this one would not run well in an oval course at all, as it would probably hook very badly due to how far forward the sponsons stay flat on a layout board. Also, having the kick down for a stuffing tube out of the bottom will run may people away, as it looks like the boat is intended to be an inboard, and not an outboard. Also, while I love an engine transom that extends further back than the sponson transom, this will not work very well for an outboard setup on an oval course. Finally, the boat itself looks to much like a toy, not realistic. It doesn't look very scale.

With that being said, you have two routes to take when making tunnel boats.

1) A realistic, very scale hull, that replicates a full size so well that sport boaters want to build it to replicate their favorite race boat.

2) A pure bread race tunnel, that has proper sponson design for oval course, and the correct engine transom to make the boat turn properly.

Right now, this boat has a loose layout, that doesn't really fit either design, and in turn, no one will know what to do with it.

This is just my honest opinion, and I feel I know you well enough that you will know I say these things with the up most respect! Take care, Mike

Hi Mike,
Really appreciate your professional comments! That will help a lot for us!