PDA

View Full Version : Top Speed on 6s????

robertm235
04-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Ive had my Voracity for a few weeks now and I finally got some glass smooth water and did a top speed run. Im running 5400mah 75c X2...Im only getting 39.6mph! I tried a battery swap with the same results. Temps are good and the boat seems to be running great, but I expected closer to 50mph?!!?!?!? Thoughts ?

fweasel
04-03-2017, 09:03 PM
battery placement? drivedog gap? balanced and sharpened prop? prop size? strut position? trim tab position? A lot to be answered, a lot to be adjusted.

Prodrvr
04-04-2017, 04:28 AM
I finally got some glass smooth water and did a top speed run

That seems to be a major misconception. For top speeds, you want a small chop on the surface, not glass flat. Glass flat presents more drag on the hull.

Mxkid261
04-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Need more info. Is the boat running wet? Probably plowing through the water.

T.S.Davis
04-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Don't laugh. I've done this multiple times. Make sure you didn't parallel two 3s packs instead of putting them in series.

Fluid
04-04-2017, 06:15 PM
That seems to be a major misconception. For top speeds, you want a small chop on the surface, not glass flat. Glass flat presents more drag on the hull.
That seems a major misconception, I hear it all the time. Yet, most all the highest speed SAW records were set on pretty flat water. If your boat is faster on choppy water then it is set up too tight for smooth water.

But what do I know, I've only set a couple dozen SAW records in both NAMBA and IMPBA....

Prodrvr
04-04-2017, 08:13 PM
That seems a major misconception, I hear it all the time. Yet, most all the highest speed SAW records were set on pretty flat water. If your boat is faster on choppy water then it is set up too tight for smooth water.

But what do I know, I've only set a couple dozen SAW records in both NAMBA and IMPBA....

Hmm, how about that.

jim82
04-04-2017, 11:16 PM
ESC is not set to max throttle position maybe?

kfxguy
04-06-2017, 10:11 AM

I've made my fastest passes on flat water. So I agree.