PDA

View Full Version : 1/10th Scale Driver

dethow
03-29-2017, 10:43 PM
Could anyone point me in the direction where to find a 1/10 scale driver for an open air cockpit 1955 shovelnose Gale V. I know I've seen a website somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now.

New to scale, so actually any other good websites you may be able to provide links for would be appreciated. I already know about Hydroscale Creations.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JimClark
03-29-2017, 10:53 PM
ClassicHydros.com has one I think also possibly Mitch Dillard will pop in on this thread. Looks like Mitch has the old hats and if you can find an old Evel Knievel figure he is perfect size for a driver.
http://www.classichydros.com/#!/1-10th-Scale-Driver-Figure-with-steering-wheel/p/73069339/category=6057013

Coug90
03-30-2017, 04:13 AM
ClassicHydros.com has one I think also possibly Mitch Dillard will pop in on this thread. Looks like Mitch has the old hats and if you can find an old Evel Knievel figure he is perfect size for a driver.
http://www.classichydros.com/#!/1-10th-Scale-Driver-Figure-with-steering-wheel/p/73069339/category=6057013

Jim's right. I do have the old style 1950's helmet hats that I pull out of plastic. I recently made adjustments to them to make them a bit smaller as I thought they were too big. Anyway, the Evel Knievel stunt cycle guys or any other adjustable arm action figures work great as drivers. I cut them off at the waste area. You can fashion a life vest yourself and mount them in the seat using a dowel glued into the bottom of the torso. Secure it under the cowling by drilling a small hole in the dowel and putting a cotter pin through it. (Forgive my spelling). I found my Evel Knievel action figure on eBay for about $5 and bought a few extras some years back. I don't know if I still have one left, but I can look. It may even have the jump suit with it. Let me know if you want me to look around in the shop and/or make you an old style helmet.

dethow
03-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Yes please Mitch. I saw that style helmet on the Hydroscale Creations website.
Thanks for the link Jim and thanks for the details on how to use an action figure Mitch.

Please let me if you can find and/or make me one of those helmets.
I already looked on eBay and getting and Evel Knievel figure shouldn't be an issue.

JimClark
03-30-2017, 12:55 PM
I have used only the head and hands of Evel. I make a torso of balsa and use a dowel for the neck and glue evils head to the dowel I also just glue his hands to the driving.suit sleeves that my wife made

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Coug90
03-31-2017, 04:46 AM
Yes please Mitch. I saw that style helmet on the Hydroscale Creations website.
Thanks for the link Jim and thanks for the details on how to use an action figure Mitch.

Please let me if you can find and/or make me one of those helmets.
I already looked on eBay and getting and Evel Knievel figure shouldn't be an issue.

Sent you an email earlier with a shot of the action figure I found in the shop and a jacket and helmet. Get back to me and let me know if you want them. I actually found a second Evel Knievel figure I had bought and thrown in the box. No other clothes were left though. I life jacket is pretty easy to make and would go with the one jacket that I found in the box. Not sure where it came from, but I think it'll fit Evel just fine.

dethow
03-31-2017, 09:40 AM
Thanks Mitch... I replied to your email. I'll take them. Just let me know how much you want with shipping costs.
Have a great weekend, Dave