PDA

View Full Version : When will it be here?

H&MWill
11-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Steven, any idea when you will have these? Thanks

Steven Vaccaro
11-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Nope. Thats why I've held off on the pre-orders.

Darin Jordan
11-14-2008, 03:37 PM
On the 12th, Russ Williamson posted this on RRR:

Shipment is on the way. It left the factory yesterday. Usually takes 4 weeks.
Thanks,
Rw

Sounds like Mid-December to me... ;)

Jeff Wohlt
11-14-2008, 04:50 PM
I doubt anyone will get them before Tower does and they are saying Mid December. Unless you know someone :)

Darin Jordan
11-14-2008, 05:16 PM
I doubt anyone will get them before Tower does and they are saying Mid December. Unless you know someone :)

I know people... but it doesn't help me get anything any sooner... or for any less... :huh: Fun knowing ahead of time, however... :thumbup1:

I think that Tower is the primary distributor for Hobbico, so they are definately likely to get them first... When they are there... they are HERE! (not "Here", as in OSE, but "HERE", as in... HERE and available... ;) )

H&MWill
11-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Sounds good. I just wanted one early to mess with before the freeze. Guess I will have to wait until spring time and Im sure they will be available then. Thanks guys.

Fluid
11-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Interesting, as I was told by a supposedly reliable source that the shippment was "on the water" almost a month ago.......:confused1:

Jeff Wohlt
11-14-2008, 11:58 PM
yeh, Jay...ever heard the term "Slow boat to China" :) Well they don't go any faster FROM China. Probably a 15 hp evinrude with 3,000 people on the boat as well...and it is only a 26 foot boat :)

I hope they are here sooner as well but Darin is right. Tower is the main dist so it may be sooner and they are just covering their bases.

No doubt there is already thousands on order.

Eodman
11-15-2008, 01:52 PM
If these promised delivery dates are anything like the D dates on the BJ 26 we are in for a long winter!!!!!

Darin Jordan
11-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Guys... Can we PLEASE give it a chance?? It'll get here... Sheesh!... you can't run them until next spring now anyhow! ;)

And it's NOT like there is a big build process you have to do to get it going! Paint and Decals... Heck... you can even just USE the radio that is included... No need to swap-out for an FM to make it work!

It's all going to be GOOD!

jevmax
11-15-2008, 07:40 PM
The UL-1s will be in the States on January 17th, 2009.

Jeff Wohlt
11-15-2008, 11:38 PM
I do like Darin's positive attitude bettern than jVEMAx's answer :)

Hey, some of don't get hard water for another month or more...just better cooling for us.

So we will be able to just tweak them for about a month or two and get props ready...and install the NEU motor, of course. :)

alvinsmith75
11-16-2008, 11:30 AM
As soon as I get mine I'll head to the wet pond cause it NEVER freezes here!

Apples1
11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
it's summer down Here! :)

crazzy maxx
11-16-2008, 08:48 PM
haha thank god the river by me has a currents never froze yet!!
i noticed tehy put a newer motor and esc in it. by the lloks of the video it looks damn fast and make my cristmass money get the chillz

Fluid
11-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Guys... Can we PLEASE give it a chance?? It'll get here... Sheesh!... you can't run them until next spring now anyhow...

Speak for yourself Darin, we run 365 days here. Heck, when I was in Alaska we ran 12 months a year, you cannot stop a dedicated FE boater.

Try using a better rationalization...like we're gonna have three months of sunspots that will interfere with 2.4 gig radios - yeah, that's it!

;)

calcagno45
11-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Yep, water never freezes in louisiana. Only thing is, I'm broke and just bought a car....

Grimracer
11-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Mind if I jump in here and point out a few things…

The boat is still set to arrive at hobbico on or around mid December. Due to homeland security and what not that date can change. The boats however are in route.
The boat HAS flotation in both the hull and the forward cockpit.
The wings Float and are held on with radio box tape OR servo tape. OR.. For those of you that do not want verticals you can leave them off.
The transom drain plug is INCASE it leaks in the inner structure you can remove the water.
The boat was tested and designed as a heat race boat anything other then that your speed results may vary.
The boat is inspired by a mix of 2.5L (the real Superior Miss) and UL-1 hydroplanes. It is NOT a scale boat.
Tower is not the main distributor for the product
I purposely designed the cowl as ABS for a few reasons and the largest one is I like ABS.. past that point it leaves the door open for new and different designs regardless of MFG.
The paint work is SECOND TO NONE..
The glass work is SECOND TO NONE..
The motor is not am AMMO but it is made by the same company. It’s a new 6 pole (all ammos are 2) marine motor. It is an Aquacraft motor
The boat COMES with the decals in place. We did this for Joe boater.. if one does not like them use a heat gun (carfuly) to heat and remove.
The boat is offered all white for you guys that like to paint (like me)

Any other questions please ask on this forum.. Works better for me then E-mails

Grimracer

Rex R
11-22-2008, 07:12 PM
ok 'grim' a couple of Qs fer ya. 1) what colour will/is your boat? 2) are you coming to mazo for '09? ;).
rex

Grimracer
11-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Yellow and OK, MAZO it is..... as long as that weekend is open.. It seems to me its eather durring the MBC race or the Internats.. Those I can not miss.

Take care

Grimracer

Rex R
11-22-2008, 07:29 PM
ah, so, buoy colour :-). understood about commitments and schedual conflicts (and which takes precidence, offhand I'd guess that we'll probably not see you) thanks for the info on removing the 'stickies'.
rex

Grimracer
11-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Lets see what the sedule brings. I will put it as well as a MI race on the hit list.

Im use to Orange and green bouys.. I think im in trouble..hehehe

Grim

Rex R
11-22-2008, 08:03 PM
lol. I've found (at mazo) that in the afternoon we get sunlight bouncing off the water in turn 4...my faster boats are not yellow ;)(radioactive green works for me w/ don't hit me pink underhulls ;))

Jetbill
11-27-2008, 07:14 AM
ahh, the wait continues- tower package shipping says end of December...

egneg
11-27-2008, 09:27 AM
I have one on order at Tower Hobbies and everything I see still says mid December.

Grimracer
11-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Yea.. still looking like Mid Dec on our end.. Becides.. remember what I said "Tower is not the main distributor for the product"

keep a stiff upper lip.. it will be soon..

Grim

AndyKunz
11-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Too bad for you! E-lam is in stock (http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB3550)!

Andy

Grimracer
11-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Man O man Mr Kunz.. Cutting into this thread with a hack post like that was tasteless...

BTY.. Welcome to Champaign....

Grimracer

Fluid
11-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Too, no matter how you polish it, the Elam is still a t*rd compared to the UL-1. IMO anyway. :banana:

That said, without a UL-1 on the shelves a lot of folks will be forced to buy an Elam for Christmas.......:crying:

Raydee
11-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Good things come to those who wait ;)

Steven Vaccaro
11-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Now, now boys. Lets all play nice! There is enough room for both boats to play! :thumbup1:

calcagno45
11-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Now, now boys. Lets all play nice! There is enough room for both boats to play! :thumbup1:

But only enough room for one on that 1st place podium...

Steven Vaccaro
11-28-2008, 05:07 AM
But only enough room for one on that 1st place podium...

That would be true if 100% of the people buying these would be racing. But that's not the case. I would venture to say that less then 5% of these boats purchased are ever raced.

Grimracer
11-28-2008, 09:29 AM
SO.. are you saying its OK to hijack with links? OK............

Grim

Fluid
11-28-2008, 11:51 AM
I would venture to say that less then 5% of these boats purchased are ever raced.

I'd guess your estimate is probably pretty close Steven. If Aquacraft was relying on selling only to "racers" then they'd end up with a "boat load" of un-sold merchandise. The number of "racers" is tiny compared to the overall market, and Aquacraft should know their market demographics pretty well after the amazing sales performance of the SV27. I think it is clear that there is room for an RTR with higher speeds than the SV, Elam, etc.

I probably should not have bad-mouthed the Miss Elam as I did, but having seen both boats' designs and on-water performance, the UL-1 is simply way ahead. That is, IMO, because Aquacraft had a target to shoot down, and because they have a better understanding of what the market wants/needs. If I was an FE newbie I'd buy a UL-1 over an Elam if I cared (or knew) about longevity and performance.

I know that Mike is sensitive about the UL-1, and with his personal investment in it that's entirely understandable. Andy's remark could have been taken two ways. Perhaps it would be best to just ignore it and get on with discussing the UL-1. :buttrock:

AndyKunz
11-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Sorry, Mike, I just had to needle you ;)

Andy

ron Olson
12-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Mike has had a reputation for great boats long before he went to go work for Aquacraft and if I had my name on any boat I would want a good one also. Buy a Pro Boat and you don't know who worked on designing them and it shows. OK, Jerry Dunlap did do some work on the Miss Bud but he had to work within their limitations.
Aquacraft tries their butts off to get the boats delivered on time but with shipping, customs and all of the other hassles it's hard to put a delivery date on anything. If they had said February and they showed up in January then you'd be elated!
Usually Aquacraft likes to have you order them through your LHS as they like you to support them also so hat's off to them for that.

Grimracer
12-08-2008, 08:25 AM
If we were able to somehow deliver this boat early would we be hero’s?

Just hypothetically speaking of course.....

Grim

planezero
12-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Would 'unsung hero's' do ?

Rex R
12-08-2008, 01:07 PM
when I 1st saw this thread, I thought that the proper response is; when it gets here. but to answer your Q Mike, I would hazzard a guess that it kinda depends on your PoV...certainly some folks would think so (those wanting to giftwrap and place under the holiday bush, just to name a few ;)).
rex

Grimracer
12-08-2008, 02:05 PM
UL-1s are here, checked and ready to ship.

Happy Holidays to all. LETS RACE!!!!!!!!!!:w00t:

Grimracer

Jetbill
12-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Very nice! Know what eta is to Tower??

egneg
12-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Tower web site now says LATE DECEMBER

Darin Jordan
12-08-2008, 04:38 PM
It seems to depend on how you get to the UL-1 page... I just checked my order status and they say "In Stock", but if I search on them, then click the resulting link, I get "Late December"...

My guess is that the first set are already spoken for, and they've sold all they've received, but I could be wrong.

Either way... I think AQ has done an amazing job supporting the FE community and we should be excited about what they are delivering, as well as what they may have in store for the future! :cool2:

egneg
12-08-2008, 04:49 PM
You may be right Darin. When I check my account for it (I ordered one back in October) under back orders it says in stock. But when I check order status it says invoiced, awaiting product from manufacturer. My guess is that they are in the process of updating the web site.

Jetbill
12-08-2008, 07:34 PM
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/aquacraft/aqub20.html

depends on color.

Grimracer
12-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Sure does.. selling FAST...

Grim

egneg
12-09-2008, 05:37 AM
I ordered white and it's in stock - COOL!

Steven Vaccaro
12-09-2008, 06:41 AM
We should have ours this week.

Electro
12-09-2008, 06:47 AM
I recieved an Email today from Tower and the UL 1 is in Stock !!!!!!!!!!!!!

alvinsmith75
12-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Looks like red is the only color left. Congratulations Aquacraft on getting these rockets delivered so fast!

Steven Vaccaro
12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Glad I stocked up! I have about 30 coming in.

Darin Jordan
12-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Glad I stocked up! I have about 30 coming in.

How many of those are for you and your kids??? ;) :thumbup1:

Steven Vaccaro
12-09-2008, 02:49 PM
How many of those are for you and your kids??? ;) :thumbup1:

ZERO.

They got a super duper Gorilla basketball hoop system, plus some other little things.

AndyKunz
12-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Glad I'm not one of YOUR kids, Steve! You're MEAN!

Andy

planezero
12-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Steve, when can we order via the website or are these 30 already spoken for ?

egneg
12-09-2008, 07:38 PM
I just checked Tower says my order has been picked & packed and will ship in 2 business days

Steven Vaccaro
12-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Steve, when can we order via the website or are these 30 already spoken for ?

I have confirmation of the colors coming in, so I will have them for sale later tonight.