PDA

View Full Version : Mono strut adjustments

Chilli
11-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey Guys. I have a Titan 40 (33) with the Fine Design hardware. First build for me. I got a few runs on my boat now. She runs nice and straight and carves nice turns. Only problem is slight porpoising. CG is set about 28% and tabs are neutral. On the first run the strut was about 1/16" above the bottom of the keel and neutral. On the second run strut was set about 1 degree negative (prop end down) with the back of the strut a little less than 1/16th from the keel line. The boat seemed a little slower. Shorter roostertail, nose was down slightly but still porpoised. What can I do to eliminate this. The only articles I could find on the net about strut settings were on a few gas sights. One suggestion was to lower the strut. What do you guys think?

rockwerks
11-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Youor setup sounds about right. Id try changing the CG before any thing else. also use a straight edge and make sure you strut is perfectly level with the bottom of the hull.

Viking
11-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Just put it on the table it is easier to see strut angle. After you do that try moving your batteries forward, center of gravity at 30 to32%.

Viking

Heath M
11-14-2008, 12:54 AM
As above, set your COG at 30-32%
Strut sounds about right at -1 degree
Also are you using trim tabs?

Heath

Chilli
11-14-2008, 01:57 AM
Okay guys I'm going to bump up the cog up to 30%. I'm also going to go back to neutral for starters since the boat seemed to be running a bit more free with that set up. If it doesnt work, I'll try going negative on the strut.

Heath, I havent played with the tabs yet. I don't want to mess with too many things at the same time. Also thanks for the tip on the thrust bearing lube from the other post.

Mike