PDA

View Full Version : thunder tiger: OLYMPIAN

steve p
03-02-2017, 12:24 PM
I finally got on!!! What do you guys think of the OLYMPIAN, and do any body know what size the prop shaft is??

I have had 4 boats,from 17in. to the new TRAXXAS M41. I just want a boat that you do not half to spend a lot

of extra money to make it go right like the TRAXXAS SPARTAN. the OLYMPIAN seem to have it ALL, what do you

think???

thanks Steve

Jimmer
03-21-2017, 09:41 AM
Making my purchase soon. Done a ton of boat research and have come up with the same conclusion. Best bang for the buck.

Doby
03-21-2017, 09:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfzUXeHBPBY

Jimmer
03-22-2017, 08:58 AM
Yeah it's awesome. Ordered and should be here next Tuesday!!! Anxious!

Mobywon
01-10-2018, 09:08 AM
I'm excited.. should be getting mine delivered today, any feedback from you owners??

boatsrnew2me
01-10-2018, 10:59 AM
boat looks nice ,i would look around and see if anyone makes a one piece flex shaft for it .

Mobywon
01-10-2018, 12:12 PM
boat looks nice ,i would look around and see if anyone makes a one piece flex shaft for it .

Thanks for your response! I really have no idea what that part of the boat looks like, but I will definitely take your advice and see what I can do. I will also likely want to change out the prop, but again, no idea till I actually have it in my hot little hands!!

all the best

Mobywon
01-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Hi again,

Well I have the Olympian her now, and can see that it has a solid prop shaft that is connected to a flex shaft. So are you saying that I should remove the solid shaft and flex shaft, and simply put in a longer flex shaft?

Ramjet
02-07-2018, 01:57 PM

What's the advantage of a one piece flex shaft?

kyoshosp2
06-19-2018, 02:06 AM
Anybody have one for a while yet

Ramjet
06-19-2018, 04:34 AM
I'm excited.. should be getting mine delivered today, any feedback from you owners??
After 5 runs, the shaft locked up. Prop won't spin, acts like it's jammed. I haven't investigated. Hopefully, it's nothing major, like a burned up ESC or motor I'm new at this. Can anyone advise where to start?

Mobywon
06-19-2018, 08:29 AM
After 5 runs, the shaft locked up. Prop won't spin, acts like it's jammed. I haven't investigated. Hopefully, it's nothing major, like a burned up ESC or motor I'm new at this. Can anyone advise where to start?

The shaft is supposed to be greased after each run. If you didn't do that, there lies your problem. try taking it out and you'll be
able to tell for sure. if the motor shaft wont turn after you disconnect the shaft, you know the rest! Good luck!

boatsrnew2me
06-19-2018, 09:00 AM
What's the advantage of a one piece flex shaft?

easier to grease the flex shaft .usually a 2 piece requires more disassembly to grease .a one piece you simply loosen the collet and slide it right out .couldnt be any more easy .sorry the reply came so late .

Mobywon
06-19-2018, 11:40 AM
easier to grease the flex shaft .usually a 2 piece requires more disassembly to grease .a one piece you simply loosen the collet and slide it right out .couldnt be any more easy .sorry the reply came so late .

thanks for the info, much appreciated.