PDA

View Full Version : New Traxxas M29 hull modified from a M41

sfileccia
02-28-2017, 11:30 AM
Here is a new Prototype :smile: Traxxas M41 Hull with the Transom extension/swim platform CUT OFF and replaced with a new flat transom to hold 2 outboards.
The bottom cable exit pod was also shaved off and filled in flat to tunnel bottom since is it is not needed. I need to add the servo and ECS's and such and adjust the CG so that it is corrected to running specs.
Enjoy!

fweasel
02-28-2017, 11:45 AM
Not a fan of the graphics, but it is an M41 afterall. LOVE the rest of it. What an awesome looking poker run scale boat!

Tamelesstgr
02-28-2017, 11:48 AM
love it!

forescott
05-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Are those custom made stand offs? I'm working on a blackjack 26 setup with the same outboards and need to figure out a clean way to mount them.

sfileccia
05-27-2017, 03:56 PM
Are those custom made stand offs? I'm working on a blackjack 26 setup with the same outboards and need to figure out a clean way to mount them.

I tried one of these outboards on my blackjack 26.... It sucked. The hull is very tippy and handled like crap. Putting 2 on may be even worse. The hull is small and the tunnel is shallow. But yes, I made the standoffs for the traxxas hull exclusively. Sorry to report my bad luck with the BJ26...:(

forescott
05-27-2017, 05:03 PM
I tried one of these outboards on my blackjack 26.... It sucked. The hull is very tippy and handled like crap. Putting 2 on may be even worse. The hull is small and the tunnel is shallow. But yes, I made the standoffs for the traxxas hull exclusively. Sorry to report my bad luck with the BJ26...:(

No, I appreciate your input. I did a similar build with proboat outboards on a proboat thundercat. The handling was not so good either. Does the m41 handle ok? I may look for a different hull then. I just bought a bare blackjack 26 nitro hull and hatch but I can always use it for something else.

forescott
05-27-2017, 05:06 PM
If you have any suggestions for a hull to match the motors I'm all ears. Im not opposed to a v-hull either. Just want something unique that looks semi-scale. Would be content with 30-40 mph as well.

sfileccia
05-27-2017, 06:42 PM
No, I appreciate your input. I did a similar build with proboat outboards on a proboat thundercat. The handling was not so good either. Does the m41 handle ok? I may look for a different hull then. I just bought a bare blackjack 26 nitro hull and hatch but I can always use it for something else.

No problem. I can honestly say I love the way it runs.
Corners great too. To keep the balance correct I needed to put the batteries way way up front. Well worth it. Traxxas sells the hull and hatch in WHITE or colored.