PDA

View Full Version : Look out Wasington Area!

hkusp45
11-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Well it is offical. I'm moving to the Tacoma area!! :thumbup:

You guys will need to help me out I have never lived up there and I cant wait to get there....

You guys will have to :help: me out!

I arrive on Monday the 17th to start work. And looking for a place to live. :blah:

WOOOHOOOO!

Racing this Summer!

Darin Jordan
11-13-2008, 01:01 PM
RIGHT ON! MORE competition to add to the mix...

The first thing you'll want to do is get in touch with Jim Bickford and our club:

Puget Sound Fast Electrics (http://members.tripod.com/psfastelectrics5/)

Get signed up and get familiar with the maps to the race sites... We usually have at least 15-races a year, plus other racing opportunities.

On November 22nd, we'll be having our annual Winter Meeting in Tukwila, WA, about 20-miles North of Tacoma... This is where we lay out the schedule for the next season, talk about rule updates and the classes we'll be running, etc. I'll be there, as will Brian and the rest of the gang... You should definately be there if you can. Jim can give you more details.

Will be looking forward to meeting you!

JimClark
11-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Stay away from the Lakewood and Hilltop area.

Jim

azjc
11-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I lived in a section of Tacoma called University Place, it is located on the east coast of Puget Sound north of the Narrows Bridge...its one of the better areas .....if you don"t mind the commute over the Narrows bridge Gig Harbour is nice

hkusp45
11-14-2008, 06:14 AM
I will be only staying for the week. My new boss wants to send me home for the week of Thanksgiving! Totaly cool of him! And they are picking up the tab! I will be put up in some sort of motel till I can get my feet planted. Its going to be GREAT!

rockwerks
11-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Welcome to WA, Im out on the west end of the Olympic Penn. about a 4 hour drive out.....come visit when big city life starts to drain on you

Jim Bickford
11-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Welcome to Washington. Give me a call when you can and I can give you some info on our club. cell: 253-350-6728

Jim

Phaleronic
06-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Do you guys have any info on Eastern Washington boat clubs?

Jim Bickford
06-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Pete, What class of boats are you interested in? The reason I ask is because there are 2 clubs in Eastern Wa.. One is RCU which is a 1/8 Scale Hydro club and the other is a club that runs both Nytro and Electric in various classes. Let me know or give me a call. Cell # 253-350-6728

Jim
Vice Commodore Puget Sound Fast Electric Model Club

Phaleronic
06-19-2011, 04:53 AM
Pete, What class of boats are you interested in? The reason I ask is because there are 2 clubs in Eastern Wa.. One is RCU which is a 1/8 Scale Hydro club and the other is a club that runs both Nytro and Electric in various classes. Let me know or give me a call. Cell # 253-350-6728

Jim
Vice Commodore Puget Sound Fast Electric Model Club

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply :) I'm just getting into the smaller class brushless boats. I'd be interested in the Nitro/Electric club.

Thanks again for any contact info, I'll call you if I don't hear back.

P

Jim Bickford
06-20-2011, 02:24 AM
Pete,

We will have a race in Federal Way Wa. on Sat. if you would care to come and race and hang out. I have some info from the Eastern club but I do not want to give the the phone out here, so give me a call. I have my cell on from 10:00 in the morning till about 10:00 at night. Are you on the west side or on the east side? Most of their group are in Yakima
Jim