PDA

View Full Version : Programming Swordfish 240 Amp HV 4-12S w logging by newbie (to Swordfish)

MikeP323
02-15-2017, 07:14 PM
My motor is a TP 4070 1650KV 5D - V2 - I will be running 6S in this boat which is a 38.5 inch Delta force DF45 MK II.
At the present time the ESC is programmed as follows
LVC - 6 cells LVC per cell - 3.2V Brake Type - No Timing - 6deg. (probably should be four?) Cutoff type - soft Start Type - Soft PWM - 8KHZ

On Start Type I had standard but went to soft to cut the amount of cavitation before the boat hooks up? Perhaps I went the wrong way?
I have not tried this change yet. Also after reading in the forum it would seem that 6 deg. is too high on timing - five deg. is not
offered so perhaps I should drop to four degrees? I do not plan to use the logging feature at this time.
By the way what does PWM stand for?

Any suggestions pro or con with what i have so far would be appreciated. Thanks !! :help:

srislash
02-15-2017, 07:23 PM
PWM is pulse width modulation and relates to how many times the ESC reads or sends signal to motor(or triggers energy). It can be turned up with 2 pole motors (I believe)but I have not experimented yet. Just leave it at 8 and it will be easiest on the ESC. Higher makes the ESC work more which will result in more heat.

Timing is tied into all this too but in a simpler form, you can experiment with it and just watch temps but most just run 0 or low timing. Having the ability to go 1 degree at a time may have advantages with experimentation.

I haven't really played with the soft,medium,hard starts. Depending on the boat I'll just do the Medium or hard.

Shawn

MikeP323
02-15-2017, 08:18 PM
Thank You Shawn - I appreciate your reply - you verified a couple of things for me - Good explanation on PWM !! Mike