PDA

View Full Version : Oxyidation found on servo plug ?

Andris Golts
02-07-2017, 12:11 AM
Hi all looking over my air boat noticed greenish oxyidation on the servo plug scraped of as much as i could with a #11 blade. Should i apply something like contact cleaner or corrosion X with a q tip ? My concern here is that what ever is applied does'nt damage the plastic on the servo plug or the circuit board of the reciever. Regards Andris Golts.

Tamelesstgr
02-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Try corrosion X, I use it on all electrical connections and it does not affect the plastic.

fweasel
02-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Dielectric grease or corrosion X

Tamelesstgr
02-07-2017, 10:24 AM
You could also carefully remove the connectors from the plastic housing and possibly give them a light sanding to remove the oxidation? Take an exacto blade and lightly bend the plastic retainer up and the wire will come out of the connector.

ray schrauwen
02-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Yep. CLean them out or replace them. I use Corrosion block on all my stuff. I switched to Deans Micro plugs for power to RX. I am the only one I know of that does this. The gold Deans uses is far superior gold plating to any Futaba servo lead or the like. I've never had one corrode yet.
Down side, if you have some problem at a race you are stick because you can't borrow things like this from others using standard equipment.