PDA

View Full Version : Hull repair

BLDaug
01-27-2017, 08:09 AM
A new friend of mine was kind enough to give me a cheetah hull that has been crashed. There is a crack along the seam of one of the sponson's. What is the best method to repair the damage? 30 minute epoxy? Fiberglass cloth? I used to repair surfboards when I was younger, so I have some experience With fiberglass repair. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Mxkid261
01-27-2017, 08:57 AM
A new friend of mine was kind enough to give me a cheetah hull that has been crashed. There is a crack along the seam of one of the sponson's. What is the best method to repair the damage? 30 minute epoxy? Fiberglass cloth? I used to repair surfboards when I was younger, so I have some experience With fiberglass repair. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

A picture of the crack would probably help just to see how bad it is, is it all the way through?

BLDaug
01-27-2017, 09:34 AM
Yes it is all the way through. It is along the seam of the front left sponson. A clean break, no material missing.

Tamelesstgr
01-27-2017, 09:45 AM
This is a great thread on repair, and it's a cheetah hull.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?52145-Cheetah-Repair

I think if it's clean you can use some CA and re-connect then reinforce from the inside.