PDA

View Full Version : *** 2017 Atlanta Spring Nationals Now Accepting Entries ***

HUFFRACING
01-16-2017, 09:08 AM
Hey Gang,

The Atlanta Model boaters are proud to host the 2017 Spring Nationals on April 22nd and 23rd, 2017.

Entries are now being accepted via http://www.rcracingevents.com

We hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Lamar

T.S.Davis
01-17-2017, 01:44 PM
10th scale! Thanks Lamar! You guys are gonna dig that class.

Any talk of opening up the spec for limited? The next generation of limited is simply "spec" based on can size. 37mmx62mm. Sorta like nitro has a size limit. Every existing setup stays legal but more choices are available.

photohoward1
01-17-2017, 02:22 PM
10th scale! Thanks Lamar! You guys are gonna dig that class.

Any talk of opening up the spec for limited? The next generation of limited is simply "spec" based on can size. 37mmx62mm. Sorta like nitro has a size limit. Every existing setup stays legal but more choices are available.

That would be great. I could put the race on my schedule then. Otherwise I only have 3 classes to run and 2 are Gas. How about any open classes. Mono or Hydro. P Sport or Q sport too maybe?

Doug Smock
01-17-2017, 03:05 PM
Hope I'm not stepping on your toes boss!

We're working on it fellas..........we aim to please!

Howard you can run any legal IMPBA boat in the "Unlimited" class.

We have 30 classes offered now, any more and we'll have to push so hard to get done at a reasonable time nobody will have fun.

Having said that. If some of the other classes don't make we can offer more FE.

Stand by......................

T.S.Davis
01-17-2017, 03:19 PM
Doug, I mentioned this in my PM.

Some of us feel that the new motor limitations are the future but we also have no interest in jamming it down your clubs throats. We want guys to see the merit in the change and not feel like they're being forced into anything.

If some compromise makes more sense and is more palatable we're all ears too. Our thinking is to expose guys to the motors over time and see how they measure up.

Not everyone in our club is convinced either BTW. Some guys have taken the stance that until they start getting beat they aren't changing jack.

donhuff
01-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Hi Terry,

What is the "merit" of the change? I understand more motor options, but is that it?

Ken Haines
01-17-2017, 09:46 PM
That would be great. I could put the race on my schedule then. Otherwise I only have 3 classes to run and 2 are Gas. How about any open classes. Mono or Hydro. P Sport or Q sport too maybe?

I hope that you decide to run open Mono & Hydro as usual.
Unlimited would end up mixing those 2 types and although
the hydro's are faster the holes made by the big mono's
could make things a mess.
Just my opinion, I do plan on making this event either way.

tjcast
01-17-2017, 10:34 PM
Not everyone in our club is convinced either BTW. Some guys have taken the stance that until they start getting beat they aren't changing jack.

Raises Hand !! :thumbup:

T.S.Davis
01-17-2017, 10:35 PM
Don,

A number of issues with the old limited spec.

Some will argue but since the proposal was written by Dave and proposed by me I get to soap box. Haha

Part of the equation was to make classes that you could get from the local hobby shop. Many of those are gone. AQ isn't developing anything. When the open market stops buying them they'll be gone. When they go so does the 2030.

Proboat has discontinued some of their motors that are on the list. They came out with new stuff that isn't legal so a newb has to swap out the motor to race.

New companies like TFL and Promarine have come along with boats that fit right into our class accept.....anyone that wants to race has to junk the motor that comes with it and hunt down a spec motor from a competitor.

Another advantage to these other motors is that they tend to be more forgiving. If I guess wrong and put too much prop on a 2030 I need a new 2030. If a water line plugs up I likely need a new 2030. If I overheat a TP1950 repeatedly I could damage it but one time at a 190 degrees and I'm fine. Done it.

The biggest thing with the change is planning for the future. These companies, (pick one) must, have to, and will always make discisions based on the bottom line. If not they won't be in business for long. We've already seen fluctuation in the AQ motors suppl quality. We've seen Proboat just drop motors right out from under us. If we don't start figuring out what the future is we could well find ourselves with 1 or 2 motors. Or maybe no motors in the perfect storm.

Going to a size limit makes our classes more like other fuel sources too. A nitro 67 is a 67. M spec should/could be 4s lipo with a max can size.

That's what we're trying and the justification there of.

HUFFRACING
01-18-2017, 11:28 AM
Gents,

We have decided to go with the following rules for the P-Limited classes at the 2017 Spring Nats:

"P Limited Classes: Motor can size not to exceed 37mm x 62mm. Any number of poles, any KV, & any manufacturer.
No restrictions on the speed control."

Additional classes may be added as we get closer to the event date. We are currently offering 29 classes and if all those classes make we will be at capacity for a 2-day event. Early entry patterns suggest we may be able to drop a few of the initial offerings and add additional classes closer to race day.

Thanks for the support!

Lamar

Doug Smock
01-18-2017, 10:41 PM
Thanks Lamar!

Doug Smock
02-21-2017, 08:33 PM
Mike Pags has entered. Should I warn the club? :laugh:

photohoward1
02-21-2017, 08:52 PM
Doug are you allowing the TP Motor 3630 for the race? I did sign up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donhuff
02-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Yes Howard they will be legal for this race. See the post Lamar Huff made, we are saying any motor 37mmx62mm or smaller will be legal.

My TP 3630 is 36x57.

photohoward1
02-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug Smock
02-21-2017, 10:47 PM
Dang Mike you got in Open Offshore and closed the door on the class. Here is our course, entrance buoy on the back straight not shown. You'll love it!:wink:

HUFFRACING
02-22-2017, 08:53 AM
The door has been opened back up on the OFFSHORE class!

Where are all these 1/10 Scale electrics I was promised? :banana:

Thanks,
Lamar

Todd Fleury
02-22-2017, 09:05 AM
I am working on the logistics. Trying to find a way to fly down there and get my 1/10 ready

T.S.Davis
02-22-2017, 10:30 AM
I haven't registered Tyler and I yet. Bare with us Lamar. I'll let the guys know too.

HUFFRACING
02-22-2017, 01:17 PM
I'm just rattling cages Terry! :laugh:

Later,
Lamar

Todd Fleury
02-22-2017, 04:00 PM
I thought you guys ran P Sport at this event.

Doug Smock
02-22-2017, 04:29 PM
I thought you guys ran P Sport at this event.

We haven't in the past. BUT, P Sport is on the short list if the nitro entries are as they have been the last few years. Ty said you guys could field the whole class, is that right? We don't have any P Sports in the AMB at this time.
There is some interest in Q mono too.

We'll know in the next few weeks if the nitro racers are going to enter.

Stand by.............

Todd Fleury
02-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Yeah, we probably have enough for two heats. Just thought I would ask.

Ken Haines
02-22-2017, 04:46 PM
I hope that you decide to run open Mono & Hydro as usual.
Unlimited would end up mixing those 2 types and although
the hydro's are faster the holes made by the big mono's
could make things a mess.
Just my opinion, I do plan on making this event either way.

Crickets ??

Doug Smock
02-22-2017, 06:21 PM
Crickets ??

No crickets. We have to hold off a bit and see what the nitro entries look like.:hug1:

We don't want to end up having to push so hard nobody has fun.
We have run 94 (IIRC) heats in a day before but that's starting the clock when the boat hits the dock ready or not. I was the CD, it sucked!

BTW We ran unlimited one year (that I remember) and I won it with the T mono. A 80+ mph twin doesn't mean jack if you can't keep it on the pins.:wink:

D.

HUFFRACING
02-23-2017, 09:30 AM
Guys,

Please bear with us. Enter what is available now and if/when we add additional classes you can go back and register for those classes at a later date. We eliminated the additional 1st boat fee this year specifically for this purpose. That way if/when we add the additional classes you don't get hit with the first boat fee twice.

This far out we can't start dropping classes or people will have a hissy fit (TRUST me... Been there... Done that...). We want to keep the heat count manageable for a two day event, so we are being careful not to overextend ourselves by offering too many classes out of the gate. As long as we keep the heat count where we need it to be we are VERY OPEN to adding any class where we have assurances we can hit the 5 boat requirement for trophies to be awarded.

Thanks,
Lamar

T.S.Davis
02-23-2017, 11:37 AM
Tyler and I will sit down with your list and figure it out this evening and get registered. If P sport becomes available I'm in.

Ken Haines
02-23-2017, 02:19 PM
Guys,

Please bear with us. Enter what is available now and if/when we add additional classes you can go back and register for those classes at a later date. We eliminated the additional 1st boat fee this year specifically for this purpose. That way if/when we add the additional classes you don't get hit with the first boat fee twice.

This far out we can't start dropping classes or people will have a hissy fit (TRUST me... Been there... Done that...). We want to keep the heat count manageable for a two day event, so we are being careful not to overextend ourselves by offering too many classes out of the gate. As long as we keep the heat count where we need it to be we are VERY OPEN to adding any class where we have assurances we can hit the 5 boat requirement for trophies to be awarded.

Thanks,
Lamar

No Problem Lamar.....
I have been a big fan of the open Mono and Open Hydro classes in your club,
and had mentioned that to Mike Paganeli and Tom Baffer at the Arizona race.
I actually forgot that the class was not on this particular slate yet.
Thanks for the consideration.....really hoping to get my SpeedCraft back and
be able to get a rematch against Jessie Lee and the gang
:bounce:

HUFFRACING
02-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Thanks for working with us guys. Open Mono, Open Hydro, and P Sport are on the short list of additional classes we hope to offer.

We aim to please gentlemen!

We want this to be a well attended FUN event for all!

Thanks,
Lamar

T.S.Davis
02-24-2017, 09:13 AM
45 racers already! I signed up for a class I don't have a boat ready for. That always goes well. haha Hurry up Pete! I got stuff ta build. The class I wanted was full so I picked another.

Guys, for those of you unfamiliar with this kind of race I'd like to share a little.

These guy have their act together. It's not a stretch for them to kill 80 heats in a day. That's about 6.5 minutes a heat including retrieve if we hit the water at 8 and get off the water at 5. I suspect it will be more like 9 to 4 which puts us down in the 5.25 minute range. They can do it without killing themselves. Seen it. Done it. Really appreciate the effort it takes to pull it off. It's these kind of logistics I'm always watching. Much respect ladies and gentlemen.

What the pace means to us is that we have to be on our game. They can't wait for us. Last year if I was in heat 50 and my pit man was in 51..............we brought both boats to the hot pit taped and ready. Sometimes we waited and taped them up in the hot pit. That works well too. If there is no retrieve there is no time to go back to the pit and work on the next boat. You need to be ready right now.

It's totally manageable. Totally doable. Paying attention is key. It's just a different mind set. Once you get used to this kind of deal the FE only races really become a breeze.

rightturnonly
02-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Ok, I just can't win. David, my youngest, has his Eagle Scout ceremony on the 22nd in Charleston, SC.

Doug Smock
02-26-2017, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words Terry.

I see Doug Twaits has entered. It's going to be good to finally meet him. :smile:

Sorry you can't make it John. Try again in July for Atlanta GP.

T.S.Davis
02-26-2017, 09:37 PM
I see Doug Twaits has entered. It's going to be good to finally meet him. :smile:

No way! I've been saying for a while now that I would like to see Junior and Lamar race together. That will be must see RC in my opinion. Two good guys with mad skills.

Doug Smock
02-26-2017, 10:20 PM
No way! I've been saying for a while now that I would like to see Junior and Lamar race together. That will be must see RC in my opinion. Two good guys with mad skills.

Yes sir no doubt. Lamar, Doug, and some of the VooDoo guys. :thumbup1:

HUFFRACING
02-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Hey Gang,

NOTICE: Classes without 3 boats entered by 3/16/17 are subject to being cancelled (refunds will be given if your class does not make the cut). Additional classes may be added in place of those that are cancelled.

This cancellation policy puts us 30-days out from the registration deadline. That gives anyone already signed up ample time to register for the additional classes and it also gives those classes on the cut line adequate time to round up fellow racers to meet the 3-boat minimum.

Thanks,
Lamar

HUFFRACING
03-16-2017, 09:55 AM
Hey Gang,

We have added 4 additional classes to the roster for the 2017 Atlanta Spring Nationals!

- Open Mono
- Open Hydro
- P Sport Hydro
- Q Mono

The Open classes are truly OPEN... Gas, Nitro, or Electric... as long as it is an IMPBA legal Mono or Hydro you are covered!

You can enter the additional classes via www.RCRacingEvents.com (even if you have already entered the race). The first boat fee was waived this year to make adding additional classes easier. Just log-in and sign up, no need to contact me.

This is going to be a race to remember. We have some heavy hitters coming in from all over the country this year.

Fun times will be had by all... We appreciate your support!

Thanks,
Lamar

Doug Smock
03-16-2017, 01:02 PM
There you go fellas!! :beerchug:

T.S.Davis
03-16-2017, 04:03 PM
In.

Tyler is already bugging me about Q mono. ugh

HUFFRACING
03-16-2017, 04:26 PM
Parts are currently being ordered for the Huff Q Mono contingent!

I know a guy who lays up a mean 40" hull, but we need some speed controls that won't let the SMOKE out... :-)

Later,
Lamar

Tom Baffer Jr
03-19-2017, 09:13 AM
Lamar
Are you racing every class both days, or sat is half the classes and sunday the other half

Im racing 4 classes already, i'd liked to race Q MONO but 5 might be hectic in one day.

T.S.Davis
03-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Tom, they run all the classes in a continuous loop. Mikey signed up for 9. Bahahaha

Tom Baffer Jr
03-19-2017, 10:57 AM
Tom, they run all the classes in a continuous loop. Mikey signed up for 9. Bahahaha

OK - then 4 is enough

good luck to lamar with pags racing all those classes.

Im sitting with you guys.

HUFFRACING
03-19-2017, 08:57 PM
The tally is up to 217 boats and counting for the 2017 Atlanta Spring Nationals. We have scratched all classes with less than 3 entries and opened up a few additional spots in some of the classes. Once the current openings are filled the race will be completely SOLD OUT. We will not be opening up any additional heats after today (unless there are additional scratches). Thanks again for your overwhelming support of the event! This is going to be a weekend to remember.

Thanks,
Lamar

HUFFRACING
03-19-2017, 08:59 PM
OK - then 4 is enough
good luck to lamar with pags racing all those classes.
Im sitting with you guys.

We don't wait... When the retrieve boat hits the dock the clock starts for the next heat! This is made crystal clear during the drivers meeting. If you are back-to-back, bring both boats to the pits when you come down.

People usually start paying more attention once they miss a heat or two. :)

Thanks,
Lamar

madmikepags
03-20-2017, 10:15 PM
Oh yes I'm sure I'll be missing some heats!!! I'm signed up for 9 classes but I'm gonna change that, It will be 10 with Q-mono!!! Actually I have to drop a couple of classes. Lamar can you drop D-hydro and P-lim rigger and add, Q-mono, please.

HUFFRACING
03-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Mike,

The requested edits have been made!

Thanks,
Lamar

Tom Baffer Jr
03-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Pags is racing Q MONO - I'm in !!!!!!

HUFFRACING
03-24-2017, 08:31 AM
2017 Spring Nats Update. We are less than 30 days away from the first heat being put on the clock and there are only a few spots left! Thanks again for your overwhelming support of this year's event! This is going to be a GOOD one!

Secure one of the last few spots by entering at www.rcracingevents.com

Thanks,
Lamar

HUFFRACING
03-28-2017, 10:43 AM
Hey Gang,

Due to a scratch a few spots opened up this morning in LSG 23-30 Cat, Mono, & Sport Hydro.

Get em' before they are GONE!

Thanks,
Lamar

madmikepags
03-31-2017, 12:47 PM
I cant friggin wait for this race!!!! ROAD TRIP!!!!

HUFFRACING
03-31-2017, 01:12 PM
We are looking very forward to it too Mike!

We are hard at work putting everything together to make this one to remember!

Thanks,
Lamar

madmikepags
03-31-2017, 02:35 PM
Oh trust me you'll remember, you're gonna wanna forget, but you will never be able to get my image out of your head, just ask Smock!!! He wants to forget but oh no, I am etched in his memory FOREVER. Ask your dad too!!! LOL

Doug Smock
04-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately he's right Lamar. I've tried everything, even special ordered some eye bleach.lol

madmikepags
04-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Its not so much the sight of me, but the smell ewwwww!!!!!

madmikepags
04-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Yea and by the way Doug I've been using that stuff my whole marriage, IT DONT WORK!!!!!!

Doug Smock
04-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Its not so much the sight of me, but the smell ewwwww!!!!!

Honestly Mike I just thought you had really poor taste in cologne. :laugh:

tjcast
04-05-2017, 11:46 PM
Hi Lamar,

What is the format going to be for the Offshore Classes? 6 laps on the offshore course? 8 laps on the offshore course? or 4 min with lap counting on the Offshore course?

Doug Smock
04-06-2017, 07:29 AM
Hey Tom,

Lamar is on vacation with his family. The last we spoke about this it was going to be a six lap heats to keep things moving along. Besides, the score keepers dislike the lap thing, it messes with their rhythm.lol

Counting down fellas. We'll be working on the site this weekend.:wink:

D.

tjcast
04-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Thanks Doug.

I think that most of the electric guys running Offshore are accustomed to NAMBA 4 min heats. Most will make some changes to their setups if they are running 6 laps instead of 4 min. Just thought I'd bring it up now so you wouldn't get as much whining " nobody told us" at the race ....

Doug Smock
04-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Thank you Tom.
At 233 boats currently we're going to have to keep this race moving. By the time we stop, score everyone, and get the boats in, we could be well into the next heat.:wink: Tune em to run six on the full offshore course.

madmikepags
04-06-2017, 04:55 PM
UH OH guys, that means I don't have to run my OFFSHORE SETUP!!!!! My Kitty Cat is hungry..........LOL my little cat will prob be running against some big gassers I assume!!! looks like it might be trouble for my little kitty :-(

Doby
04-06-2017, 05:06 PM
Can anyone still get to Atlanta with the highway burned up (or down)?

madmikepags
04-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Just curious about the heat order? will it be the same as the sign up order? or are we going to mix it up a bit?

madmikepags
04-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Oh crap I haven't even thought about that???

Doug Smock
04-06-2017, 05:42 PM
No worries getting in fellas.

You can get downtown easily from the north, south, east, and west sides. Going from the northeast I-85 south is another story. Anyone coming in I-85 S needs to hit I-285 NO DOUBT!!

Guys coming in I-75 S need to pick up I 285 S to get to the pond anyway unless you just want to see the city. I avoid it unless I have business downtown.

The pond is very close to Red Oak.

Doug Smock
04-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Just curious about the heat order? will it be the same as the sign up order? or are we going to mix it up a bit?

Lamar has always been GOOD about spacing out the FE heats. Now that he is running some FE he is VERY GOOD at it. That's not to say there won't be any back to back, but I assure you he will do the best job possible. That's just how he rolls! :wink:

Doug Smock
04-06-2017, 06:00 PM
UH OH guys, that means I don't have to run my OFFSHORE SETUP!!!!! My Kitty Cat is hungry..........LOL my little cat will prob be running against some big gassers I assume!!! looks like it might be trouble for my little kitty :-(

I'm guessing 7 gas monos and 3 gas cats looking at the entries. Pretty sure Howard said he is running a gas cat.

T.S.Davis
04-06-2017, 06:02 PM
So like 12 minutes. Got it. Hahaha

I may put curb feelers on my offshore for the hairpins.

madmikepags
04-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Terry, I'm gonna run my cat like I did in open cat in Mi, just hoping I can get the start and try and hold off the hoard!!! LOL gonna be some BIG holes in the water for my little kitty!!!

Doug Smock
04-06-2017, 06:42 PM
You'll have a blast Mike.:buttrock:

madmikepags
04-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Just hope they dont run through me!!! LOL, hey hiow are they stacking the heats, 6,7,8 boat heats? if there's 7 or 8 boats in a class you're gonna run em all at once or split em? I don't care either way I'm just curious.

Doug Smock
04-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Depends on the class Mike. We try not to run 7 and 8 boat heats in LSG. Too much carnage and it's tougher in the tower. Pretty sure Lamar was going for 6 in LSG & open. He'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Disclaimer: If time becomes a factor some combining of heats may occur.

HUFFRACING
04-10-2017, 09:17 AM
Hey Gang,

Doug has been all over it in my absence... Just to confirm:

1) Open Offshore and P-Limited Offshore will be regular 6 lap heats, not timed heats.
2) There will be a Max of 7 boats per heat. Most classes are capped at 6 per heat, but there are a few that will run 7.

Thanks,
Lamar

T.S.Davis
04-10-2017, 09:48 AM
I thought IMPBA had a six boat max.

HUFFRACING
04-10-2017, 09:58 AM
I thought IMPBA had a six boat max.

IMPBA actually has scoring provisions in the rule book through 9th place:

1st Place .................................................. .....400 points
2nd Place .................................................. ...300 points
3rd Place .................................................. ....225 points
4th Place .................................................. ....169 points
5th Place .................................................. ....127 points
6th Place .................................................. .......96 points
7th Place .................................................. .......72 points
8th Place .................................................. .......54 points
9th Place .................................................. .......40 points

The rule book makes mention of a minimum of 3 boats to make a heat, but no max number that I can find.

We used to run 8 boats per heat in EVERY class at the Spring Nats. That made for some knee-knocking racing in the faster classes.

Now we try to keep most of the heats at 6 boats (especially the faster classes).

Thanks,
Lamar

T.S.Davis
04-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Not sure where I got that idea from. I didn't find it in there either.

madmikepags
04-10-2017, 04:30 PM
its because ur a tard, or a turd, your choice????

madmikepags
04-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Oh man I'm excited!!!! Can;'t wait for this one.....3 boats in the trailer allready, 3 more ready, only 1 boat needs a lil work!!!

HUFFRACING
04-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Hey Gang,

Due to the overwhelming support for this year's event the Atlanta Model Boaters are pleased to announce we will be providing lunch to the racers on both Saturday and Sunday! We will be serving hamburgers one day and hot dogs the other. Sides and condiments will also be provided, but please plan on bringing your own drinks. We are going to be racing through lunch, so this will make it easier on everyone as you will not have to prep your own food or send someone offsite to grab fast food.

The pond and facilities are in great shape and everything is falling into place to make this a GREAT event! Thanks again for your support of the 2017 Atlanta Spring Nationals!

Thanks,
Lamar

Doug Smock
04-13-2017, 06:18 PM
Hey fellas,

We have one P Mono spot,two P Limited Rigger spots, two 10th scale spots, and one Open offshore spot left.

Sure would be cool to sell out the FE classes!:wink:

HUFFRACING
04-14-2017, 01:45 PM
Hey Gang,

Deadline for entries is Midnight April 16th... I will be running the heat sheets on Monday and I will not be making ANY CHANGES to entries after the heat sheets have been run. If you have adds, changes, or deletes let me know ASAP. You've had since January 16th to get your ducks in a row. Not trying to be a hard ass, but once the heat sheets come off the printer it is... what it is!

WE ARE GETTING CLOSE NOW!!!

Thanks,
Lamar

madmikepags
04-14-2017, 03:31 PM
Hey Lamar, I signed my daughter nina up to race P-mono, but unfortunately she can't make it, we thought it would work, but out damn school gets in the way of play time. Take her out of the lineup please. Thanks.

HUFFRACING
04-15-2017, 06:31 AM
Will do Mike... Sorry it didn't work out.

Thanks,
Lamar

madmikepags
04-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Hey Doug, just looking at the offshore course, why don't we come inside the start finish buoy too?? Make it really interesting!!!!
Is anyone getting pumped for this race????

Doug Smock
04-18-2017, 11:11 AM
If we're going to do that why not just race a figure 8?? LOL

And yes, we are all pumped here.:buttrock:

madmikepags
04-18-2017, 11:16 AM
ooooh that sounds like fun!!!!! will that really get in the way that much?

T.S.Davis
04-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Tyler is pumped. It's brutal. He keeps throwing more ideas at me. Which would piss me off but some of them are really good. "Hey dad (that's my name), We should put that crazy 3 blade on the Q mono" Hmmmmm............might do some prop speriment'n down there.

Mike, it's pretty tough already to finish with positive battery numbers on this course. It's freak'n gigantic. Two hair pins. TWO! One is way the f......out there and the second looks like it's on land. I finally walked to the far side just to prove to myself that there was water between the buoy and the shore. Plenty of room. Looks tight from the stand. You could land a plane in there.

Doug Smock
04-18-2017, 12:09 PM
ooooh that sounds like fun!!!!! will that really get in the way that much?

No problem Mike unless we run out of dumpster.:laugh:

Terry is right about the offshore course, there is plenty of room! To make a point I took "Special Ed" for two laps around it in the retrieve boat when he was practicing. We could race em four or five wide if we had em. lol

T.S.Davis
04-18-2017, 02:41 PM
You do not call him special Ed do you? That's terrible Doug. We all know he's special but to call him that to his face? hahaha Tell him I still don't like the smell of beer and meat skins please. That was disturbing.

Doug Smock
04-18-2017, 03:58 PM
No Terry that's what his mom calls him. Have him tell you the story.:laugh:

You've seen me and Ed go at it. We don't hold nuttin back.LOL

Beer and meat skins,:blink: another classic!!

Doug Smock
04-20-2017, 10:37 PM
The fun begins at 7am. tomorrow. Pond opens at noon for FE. Get em tuned before 5pm fellas!! The IC guys will take over till dark.

Be safe on the roads and I'll see ya at the pond.