PDA

View Full Version : 2017 NAMBA "Super Nat's" in Las Vegas Announcement

properchopper
01-11-2017, 12:14 PM
This year’s event is the first ever SuperNats with all three power plants competing in the same event.

http://www.nats.namba.com/blog/

Darin Jordan
01-11-2017, 12:41 PM
:popcorn2:

pescador
01-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Awesome, Team Canuck is hoping to make it, now I can bring a couple more boats :)

properchopper
01-11-2017, 04:35 PM
FE Classes in the mix :

http://www.nats.namba.com/schedule-of-events/

T.S.Davis
01-12-2017, 06:53 PM
N mono? Really?

T.S.Davis
01-12-2017, 06:55 PM
Sorry. Just reads goofy on the phone. That's sportsman mono. Don't know what that is.

Darin Jordan
01-12-2017, 07:55 PM
Looks like a group of us from the Northwest will be attending!

oscarel
01-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Sorry. Just reads goofy on the phone. That's sportsman mono. Don't know what that is.

Gas mono with stock Zenoah 260.

oscarel
01-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Nothing in the T class???

Ken Haines
01-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Nothing in the T class???

I had the same question.
I was hoping to show off some of our bigger FE boats....
maybe even have an exhibition Open Mono & Open Hydro Class.
Chime in if you are interested in this too.

properchopper
01-13-2017, 12:17 PM
Do bring extra rubber bands for this traditional class :

Paddle Boat Races

Nothing is more steeped in NAMBA tradition than the Paddle Boat Races. Fun and food for the entire family!

Why bother with those pesky T-boats when for a few less $$ you can run one of these :

Neat-o !!

oscarel
01-13-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm interested in mono cat or sport, open or fe only.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

oscarel
01-13-2017, 12:39 PM
Do bring extra rubber bands for this traditional class :

Paddle Boat Races

Nothing is more steeped in NAMBA tradition than the Paddle Boat Races. Fun and food for the entire family!

Why bother with those pesky T-boats when for a few less $$ you can run one of these :

Neat-o !!
I have one from Wichita we didn't get to do.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

T.S.Davis
01-13-2017, 01:17 PM
5 classes total that aren't limited and nothing over Q. Only one class per day on some days. Better take a cot Ken. No classes on the 25th. Hang over day.....it's Vegas.

Is Sportsman mono a real class? Didn't find that in the book.

raptor347
01-13-2017, 01:32 PM
12 FE classes, 13 Gas classes, 14 Nitro classes.

All the power categories are limited to the classes that have had the highest participation in recent years.

I'm bringing 2 FE, 4 nitro, maybe a gasser, definitely a paddle boat.

raptor347
01-13-2017, 01:35 PM
Event organizers always seem to put an exhibition class in the lineup.

properchopper
01-13-2017, 01:39 PM
5 classes total that aren't limited and nothing over Q. Only one class per day on some days. Better take a cot Ken. No classes on the 25th. Hang over day.....it's Vegas.

Is Sportsman mono a real class? Didn't find that in the book.

D19 has run this in the same spirit (kinda/mostly) as does FE P-Ltd to allow an "ease-of-entry" Class for Gas :

For Example :

http://www.insaneboats.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=insane&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=Ready-To-Race&Product_Code=RTR010

T.S.Davis
01-13-2017, 01:54 PM
Ah, so it's exhibition. Not that unusual. Plus, if it gets a newer racer to a nats.....bonus!

It's got to be tough to get a mix that will work. I suppose if there were demand for all those high cell and open classes there would have been a regular FE nats without combining them all. It's been tough to fill those high zoot classes at every FE nats I can remember. Fun to watch. Hard to get entries.

raptor347
01-13-2017, 02:11 PM
The big boats just aren't that accessible/practical for most guys, just too much $$$. Motors are reasonable now, but good esc's are still big $$$. Then you have to transport the beasts.

T.S.Davis
01-13-2017, 03:03 PM
The only way they make it is if your venue already has a pocket of big boat nuts that plan to attend. That's the only reason we ever see 1/8 scale in MI. Guys own them and are already driving in. Shipping them probably costs more than a fleet of limit boats.

Darin Jordan
01-13-2017, 03:15 PM
You don't need more than two FE classes a day to have FUN and make the trip well worth it. That'll let you actually FOCUS on making FEWER boats actually GO WELL.

We'll have to work to wean Ken off running 6-classes a day, though. Might actually get to hang out with him as opposed to just saying HI as he runs to his pits for that next boat. :)

T.S.Davis
01-13-2017, 04:35 PM
No YOU don't need more than two classes.

I'm used to running more. Not like Ken or Douggie numbers but more for sure. Without actually running the event and calling heats, a single class or two would bore me to tears.

That's like asking an alcoholic to just have a sip. Hahaha

Darin Jordan
01-13-2017, 04:56 PM
No YOU don't need more than two classes.

YOU don't either... :bash: Consider it the start of your 12-point program.

Ken Haines
01-13-2017, 07:19 PM
YOU don't either... :bash: Consider it the start of your 12-point program.

Will they have an onsite counselor there ?

raptor347
01-13-2017, 08:24 PM
It is Vegas! I'm sure Jose Quervo will be in the office. After hours of course.

properchopper
01-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Will they have an onsite counselor there ?

I can set up shop again if necessary :

rayzerdesigns
01-15-2017, 09:57 PM

Sportsman mono is gas mono with a stock no mods at all zenoah 26cc

Rookieboater
01-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Entry form is up.

The Entry for the 2017 Las Vegas SuperNats has been posted on the Nationals website!

http://www.namba.com/content/library/forms/2017NAMBANatsEntry.pdf

rayzerdesigns
01-26-2017, 07:22 PM
And of course.. mr holland tqs signups

MarkF
02-01-2017, 02:03 AM
I second for T-mono. i just built to race. Will also have an electric sport hydro to run. Will they still allow us to run in the open classes or is it just nitro and gas allowed?

Mark

D. Newland
03-07-2017, 03:26 PM
I just paid my entry. The schedule works well for me with the equipment I still have (and scraped back together). It will be the biggest NAMBA Nat's event ever and I look forward to supporting it and my District! Plus, Vegas in October is appealing.

The first 4 days of the event offers the following FE Classes: P-Ltd Mono, P-Ltd OPC, LSH, P-Ltd Cat, P Sport Hydro, P Mono, P-Cat and P-Ltd Hydro. That's not too bad for an all inclusive Nat's! More classes are offered after the 4 days (I'll list below) but I only plan on staying the first 4 days. What's crazy is that our DD will be there 13 days. Talk about dedication!

5th day: No FE Class
6th day: Q Mono
7th day: Q Sport Hydro
8th Day: 1/10th Scale Modern and Vintage. Scale Unlimited also runs, but I don't know if that includes FE 1/8th scales.

JimClark
03-07-2017, 03:34 PM
for someone who doesn't know all the different classes that entry form needs a lot of work. So other than 1/10th scale exactly what are the electric classes?

D. Newland
03-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Seems just as clear as any other NAMBA FE event entry form. Here are the FE offerings. If anyone needs more info, just ask.

Saturday, Oct 21st. P-Ltd Mono and P-Ltd OPC

Sunday, Oct 22nd. P-Ltd Sport Hydro and P-Ltd Cat

Monday, Oct 23rd. P-Sport Hydro and P Mono

Tuesday, Oct 24th. P-Cat and P-Ltd Hydro

Wed, Oct 25th. No FE Classes

Thursday, Oct 26th. Q Mono

Friday, Oct 27th: Q Sport Hydro

Saturday, Oct 28th: 1/10 Scale Vintage, 1/10th Scale modern and I don't know what's included in Scale Unlimited.

Rookieboater
03-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Ditto

T.S.Davis
03-07-2017, 04:38 PM
That's be a big bucket of nope fer me.

rayzerdesigns
04-17-2017, 12:04 PM
I just paid my entry. The schedule works well for me with the equipment I still have (and scraped back together). It will be the biggest NAMBA Nat's event ever and I look forward to supporting it and my District! Plus, Vegas in October is appealing.

The first 4 days of the event offers the following FE Classes: P-Ltd Mono, P-Ltd OPC, LSH, P-Ltd Cat, P Sport Hydro, P Mono, P-Cat and P-Ltd Hydro. That's not too bad for an all inclusive Nat's! More classes are offered after the 4 days (I'll list below) but I only plan on staying the first 4 days. What's crazy is that our DD will be there 13 days. Talk about dedication!

5th day: No FE Class
6th day: Q Mono
7th day: Q Sport Hydro
8th Day: 1/10th Scale Modern and Vintage. Scale Unlimited also runs, but I don't know if that includes FE 1/8th scales.
No fe 1/8th scale

rayzerdesigns
04-17-2017, 12:08 PM
Folks the logistical side is there is no way to run every class in every fuel type.. it would take way over 2 weeks..the focus was in most popular classes from last 4 nationals in every fuel type.. this has never been attempted before..it is no light undertaking.. that being said.. bring out your boats and let's have some fun..

rayzerdesigns
04-17-2017, 12:10 PM
I'm in for p limited cat.. mono.. sport hydro
P cat.. mono and sport
Q mono
G1 mono.. cat and rigger
Gx mono and cat
1/10th modern scale.. maybevintage

T.S.Davis
04-17-2017, 01:25 PM
..the focus was in most popular classes from last 4 nationals in every fuel type..

This just occurred to me. If previous NATS participation is the basis for the classes offered then this class list will be THE list forever and ever amen. 2018,2019, etc will reference back to the year before for data. No other classes will have numbers from the previous nats to justify inclusion in a current nats...........because they didn't run at the nats the previous year. Typing in circles.

You guys that own T boats or 1/8 scale might as well sell em. If you're NAMBA nats usual suspect that is. Q, P cat, all of the offshore classes? Done. Those classes will not ever make the cut again. Well.....how could they? They won't be run at a nats so they can get the numbers to get run at a nats so they can get numbers...............to get run at the nats...........owe....my head hurts.

rayzerdesigns
04-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Ohh terry.. that's not it.. yes that's how it had to be done this year.. a lot of nitro and gas classes aren't going to be run either.. whoever runs nats next year especially if it's a stand aline fe nats can run all the classes..don't stir the pot glue sniffer.. lol..nonoffshore at vegas due to size and time constraints.. by the way I like ur idea at Michigan cup to do 8 laps.. and also in 2016 fe nats.. there were no q cats or t cats or monos.. like you said hard to travel.. we tried to come up again with classes that would fuel 2 full heats..i for one would love to see a stand alone fe nats next yesr.. we shall see..

T.S.Davis
04-17-2017, 03:17 PM
Just bust'n yer chops Ray. Honestly, I'm picturing a bunch of dudes hung over trying to race. Sucks to be a fuel burner those days.

Does make ya wonder what's next though.

rayzerdesigns
04-17-2017, 03:35 PM
Lol.its gonna be interesting for sure

rayzerdesigns
04-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Hey guys and gals wanted to post a few things about the fe side of super nats.. we are going to be doing tech since this is a nationals.. Brian Buass started this last year at the2016 fe nats and it worked great.. how it is going to work is there will be an area off of the hot pits with 2 or 3 tables.. you will be required to have your boats and batteries there in the heat before you are up to race.. battery voltage will be teaches as will be looking at the spec motor classes.. then you tape up on that table and ready for your heat.. this worked extremely well at last years nats.. and kept everything on time.. the second thing is class sponsorships.. it is $150 for a class sponsorship.. I will post a list of what classes are still available in next day or two.. looking fwd to see everyone

T.S.Davis
04-18-2017, 02:44 PM
Ray, front side tech? Not to go all "Darin" on ya but where is that in the book?

Darin Jordan
04-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Ray, front side tech? Not to go all "Darin" on ya but where is that in the book?

Since you drug me into this...

I'd say this about covers it...

You see... sometimes we here in NAMBA DO do things right, official, and pretty clearly. :rules:

MarkF
04-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Bam, right back at ya:)

Mark

rayzerdesigns
04-18-2017, 04:11 PM
We will be teching battery voltage and in limited limited classes will be making sure namba legal motors..

rayzerdesigns
04-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Terry I know ur busting my balls. But we did battery tech and motor tech at nats last year.. and it seriously made the program run smoother.. no waiting around for people shooting the *!***!***!***!** in their pits and talking.. we will be on tight time schedule this year and this will help

oscarel
04-18-2017, 06:04 PM
How is this going to work if im in back to back heats. Im running in gas classes too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

rayzerdesigns
04-18-2017, 07:15 PM
How is this going to work if im in back to back heats. Im running in gas classes too.

We will work around that.. but it shouldn't be a problem..you could have ur electric boat on the stand before..and be ready u would have extra time.. it's not really a complicated thing.. in all honesty running tech this way keeps us on time..

oscarel
04-18-2017, 07:35 PM
Cool, just want to make sure its covered, looking forward to the race!

T.S.Davis
04-19-2017, 10:02 AM
Will you guys be tearing down the gas motors to check them prior to racing? Or just if someone pays the protest fee as prescribed by the rule book? Sorry guys, "make it up as you go" will get you in trouble eventually. Just because you did it before doesn't make it right. That's just like the old "well they allowed me to run boat x,y,z at the nats one time so it must be hence forth legal". Nope. Not how it works.

There are no provisions in the rule book for front side teching setups. It's the racers responsibility to comply with the rules. It only becomes the responsibility of others to verify compliance upon receipt of a protest in writing and with the appropriate fee being paid. Then it goes to committee. It isn't subjected to the interpretation of just the contest director nor a chairman. I don't know what the impetus was for this standard but they likely had a reason for it. The way you guys are doing it basically negates the protest process and puts the onus on the FE chairman. Brian wont mind but it's not his job. Not per the book. Chairman gives you no powers.

It's yer rodeo, do what ya want but it ain't right. You may want to check with people higher up the food chain before you set such a precedence. I'm actually not busting yer nuts now Ray. Seriously, look into a little bit before you commit. Worth asking for opinions on it. Seems like a nothing thing but there may be ripple effects.

We've hosted 3 times too. I get it. Keep the train moving. If you want to make up time, run some heats without the guys that are bs'n in their pit when they should be getting to their heat or simply try to run more classes than they can handle. That's where we all as hosts screw up. We wait for guys that don't give a crap about their fellow racers or the crew putting on a race that have to wait on them. I've actually laid down on the drivers stand in frustration. A combined race will be a much better environment to teach FE guys to get it together. It's a pet peeve of mine. The fuel guys got it right on the money the way they do it. They don't care who ya are or where you drove in from. The clock is running. There is no "I'm on my way, just gotta tape" at a combined event. You're either ready or you missed it.

On those occasions that you are back to back you take both boats down to the hot pit. Saves a ton of time, walking, and scrambling like a lunatic. You end up super ready this way in my experience.

rayzerdesigns
04-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Terry are u saying it's not right to tech battery voltage?? I don't know what your deal with this is?? And not sure what u call front side tech.. you can't tech voltage after the run..you may not agree with it but the rule does state what max voltage you can start with..its simple to tech. And on top of that it should absolutely be done at a national event..again you might not agree with it but it works. I know u weren't at last years nats.. but it went great.. it truthfully made the event run smootherzz did we catch a few over charging.. yes.. we did..we were nice in the fact we made them burn off the over voltage instead of dq'ing them..again maybe you don't do it at all races I agree.. but at a national I believe it should be done.. you know as much as anyone that people are going to cheat.. this takes that out of the equation.. period.. are we going to abide by the protest rule?? Absolutely..is the gas side going to do that?? Yes.. and I know in our district races we do do stroke checks in pre hot pit area..you may not agree with it terry..I get it.. but this is the way it will be at nationals.. and should be at any national or event where records can be broken..if you don't think it would work.. I would be glad to show you at Michigan cup how easy it is to do.. and actually makes program run faster..

rayzerdesigns
04-19-2017, 11:07 AM
And not a single person complained at all last year terry.. let's not get into rule interpretations.. we all know how that gray area is..

Darin Jordan
04-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Will you guys be tearing down the gas motors to check them prior to racing?

I would assume not, because that's NOT in their rules. Their rules call for POST-RACE inspections...

There are no provisions in the rule book for front side teching setups.

That is, in fact, incorrect. It IS, in fact, clearly, and precisely, in the rules... as I've posted above. 28.D.1.a.iv

Looks incredibly BLACK AND WHITE (with yellow high-lights) to me...

You honestly aren't trying to equate a engine displacement teardown with a battery pre-race voltage check, are you?? Seriously??

Don't make me come over there, Terry! :bash:

Darin Jordan
04-19-2017, 11:17 AM
For the record... were I in charge... I'd ONLY tech the classes where a bit more voltage would actually create a performance advantage, ie: P-LTD. In that class, it can REALLY make a difference. I could detail exactly how much, but maybe just trust me on this one. It doesn't take a rocket-scientist to understand why.

In the rest of the classes, it's really not a crucial part of the performance. I wouldn't probably bother. You can pick ANY motor and ANY KV you like for those other classes. Running a little extra V/Cell isn't going to make a hill-of-beans difference, other than maybe give you a tad more capacity on your mAh.

Darin Jordan
04-19-2017, 11:20 AM
..we all know how that gray area is..

I'm sorry, but I don't see this as a gray area. It's CLEARLY printed in the rules. Voltage is PRE-RACE, and the CD is at liberty to tech it Pre-Race if he chooses to.

Not sure where the confusion is? Also not sure why the complaints. It's a freaking MOMENT in time and doesn't inconvenience ANYONE other than the person having to actually tech the stuff.

T.S.Davis
04-19-2017, 11:20 AM
I'm only suggesting you follow the rules. Especially for the nats. It's a big deal because it's a nats.

Slippery slope. Any other rules you guys are making up that attendees should be aware of or just the one? Maybe the next host club can come up with some new stuff they like since the precedence for NOT following the book has already been set.

T.S.Davis
04-19-2017, 11:21 AM
and the CD is at liberty to tech it Pre-Race if he chooses to.

really? Show me the page for that.

Darin Jordan
04-19-2017, 11:23 AM
I'm only suggesting you follow the rules. Especially for the nats. It's a big deal because it's a nats.

Slippery slope. Any other rules you guys are making up that attendees should be aware of or just the one? Maybe the next host club can come up with some new stuff they like since the precedence for NOT following the book has already been set.

Terry, I'm going to assume you didn't read my THREE posts above yet, because otherwise, this sounds like none-sense. I'm not sure how more "following the rules" that host club can be doing. Did you NOT see me post THE RULES??

Darin Jordan
04-19-2017, 11:23 AM
really? Show me the page for that.

again?? Ok...

Darin Jordan
04-19-2017, 11:30 AM
again?? Ok...

Here.... I'll mark it up for those of you on drugs... :help:

NOT made up... NOT out of thin air.... NOT something new... BY THE BOOK. BLACK AND WHITE.

T.S.Davis
04-19-2017, 11:46 AM
I stand corrected.............and red faced.

So the CD will come down off the stand and do the checks? That wont take much time at all. I suppose "implement" though gives him the "authority" do delegate in any way "they see fit".

Let me know how those mah limit checks go though. That might take more time.

T.S.Davis
04-19-2017, 11:49 AM
Terry, I'm going to assume you didn't read my THREE posts above yet, because otherwise,

Did not.

Why are they just checking voltage? Why not check mah and motor kv on the limited motors? It's a nats right?

Darin Jordan
04-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Why are they just checking voltage? Why not check mah and motor kv on the limited motors? It's a nats right?

Motor KV and mAh limits can be verified Post-Race. Race voltages can't and must be verified Pre-Race.

T.S.Davis
04-19-2017, 01:08 PM
I must confess, I never verified motor Kv or mah post race. I think I would still be checking them.

Darin Jordan
04-19-2017, 01:40 PM
I must confess, I never verified motor Kv or mah post race. I think I would still be checking them.

The point is that, with Voltage (Peak), you lose the opportunity to verify that if you do it POST race. So you HAVE to check it prior.

With the others, you COULD verify the KV prior, and the mAh as well, but the opportunity to verify those still exists AFTER the race, so there isn't a reason to check it prior.

If someone is found out of compliance on something that can be checked post-race, the rules cover the process for that.

Also, KV isn't limited in P-LTD... None are listed in the rules, so there wouldn't be anything to verify against.

Anyhow, that's all why. It's all very logical. Might be where we lost you?? :tongue_smilie:

rayzerdesigns
04-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Terry!!! Come on man.. making up rules??

T.S.Davis
04-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Might be where we lost you?? :tongue_smilie:

You didn't say it by I heard you think "bazinga".

I didn't remember that bit being in there. Sorry!

Darin Jordan
04-19-2017, 02:22 PM
You didn't say it by I heard you think "bazinga".

I didn't remember that bit being in there. Sorry!

Just razzin ya, buddy. :)

T.S.Davis
04-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Oh earned it. Sorry guys.

longballlumber
04-19-2017, 03:07 PM
I was trying to figure out if Terry was on new meds, forgot to take his meds, or needs meds... ha ha :laugh:

Darin Jordan
04-19-2017, 03:12 PM
I was trying to figure out if Terry was on new meds, forgot to take his meds, or needs meds... ha ha :laugh:

I wrote it up to CA and sealer... Have you SEEN the list of projects the guy has going?? Glutton for punishment!

T.S.Davis
04-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Could be the flux. That stuff is nasty.

Tom Baffer Jr
04-21-2017, 08:58 PM
What a busy day of practice. Cant wait for my first heat !!! See everyone in the morning.

ChevyPrerunner
04-21-2017, 09:37 PM
Wish i could drive up to Vegas to watch and hang out with you all. Have a great time fellas!!

Brian

T.S.Davis
06-29-2017, 05:00 PM
Is there a registration list of who is running what? Might help guys plan if they knew a class wasn't going to make minimum entry numbers.

Ken Haines
07-01-2017, 01:06 AM
Is there a registration list of who is running what? Might help guys plan if they knew a class wasn't going to make minimum entry numbers.

I think I
hear Crickets

T.S.Davis
07-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Orrrrr.....you just fly in, wait until the your class is supposed to run. When it hasn't got enough entries you pack up and go home.

Richard1056
07-03-2017, 01:11 AM
Yes we will be posting the classes as they make.... Look for that within the next two weeks.

T.S.Davis
07-03-2017, 08:29 AM
I think I hear Crickets

Ken, are you dragging your trailer out there?

Ken Haines
07-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Ken, are you dragging your trailer out there?

That is the plan, but really waiting on an answer to your simple class / entry list question. The trip is very expensive, so expecting the usual courtesy of current class entries seems to be reasonable to me.

Rookieboater
07-05-2017, 05:48 PM
KEN,
He stated it would be up in a couple weeks. Not sure if you missed that post or not. FYI Richard1056 is the contest director for the Nats.

That is the plan, but really waiting on an answer to your simple class / entry list question. The trip is very expensive, so expecting the usual courtesy of current class entries seems to be reasonable to me.

Richard1056
07-12-2017, 12:47 AM
For those racers planning on staying at the host hotel, please reserve your rooms NOW! We have secured a block of rooms and its filling up quickly....
We will need to secure more rooms and we really need to grab rooms while there still available. October is a busy month in Vegas so don't be left with out a room, get yours now!

The host hotel will be the place to be after the races , here's the info you'll need:

Sunset Station Hotel Casino
1301 W Sunset Rd, Henderson, NV 89014

Reservations (888)786-7389

Rates
$ 59.00 Sunday – Thursday
$130.00 Friday – Saturday
Group Code : SCINMBA

T.S.Davis
07-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Not that it has anything to do with me but because I get how hard it is to build these things.

For those of you serious about attending, get yourself registered. Don't wait until the last week before you register. It's really tough as an organizer to plan accordingly if you don't know who and how many are attending until the last minute. Sometimes you get classes that don't make and end up with almost no heats where you might have shifted something if you had more time to communicate. Sometimes two classes end up with 6 flights on the same day. Ugh. If we could just move class such n' such to tomorrow. You can't do it to people last minute but two months out you maybe could.

Plus, when they actually have a list of attendees it will show if a class has enough participation. If a guy is on the fence because it looks like his favorite class wont run but you are holding out for.......whatever, that guy might not even sign up. Now his class doesn't run at all because he bailed and you're not running it either because he didn't know it would make the cut with both of you.

....speaking of which......I need to sign up for the CanAm LOL

Richard1056
07-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Well said and thank you for your support!

Thank you Terry!

Rookieboater
07-18-2017, 11:56 AM
The Nats entry list has been posted the the official NAMBA Nationals web page.

Richard1056
07-26-2017, 11:23 AM
The 2017 Nationals are coming up quickly!!

Please reserve your rooms NOW!

If you’re on the fence about attending or you’re going and not sure what your running, RESERVE your room.

This is one of the busiest weekends in Vegas and we don’t want you to miss out or wait and overpay for a room.

If you reserve a room at Sunset Station they will only bill you for the first night ($67.26 weekday) and if you can’t make it cancel your reservation 36 hours before your check-in date and they will refund you the whole amount. You’re out NOTHING so please sign up!

I look forward to seeing you all in Vegas!

Rates
* Get your reservations soon as that is one of the busiest weekends in Las Vegas.

pescador
07-26-2017, 01:50 PM
We have three sites booked at the Oasis campground for some of Team Canada :) Still have to get our entries sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard1056
07-31-2017, 11:37 PM
I’m looking for some feedback from all you 1/8 scale racers that will be running one at this year’s Nationals in Vegas.

I’m thinking about running Nitro and FE together, what do you all what to see happen?

I’m only interested to hear from racers that will be entering this race PLEASE.

I will close this post on Sunday so please speak up!

pescador
08-01-2017, 12:30 AM
I'll be entering a nitro boat and was hoping to enter FE as well. If I'm only bringing one scale I'd probably bring the FE. Hopefully the clubs that do run them together will chime in with their procedures. Whatever you come up with it's going to be a great time.

Richard1056
08-18-2017, 12:01 AM
Breaking News!

We will be offering both Nitro and FE Scale Unlimited scheduled for Saturday October 28th.
Thank you for your input!

*Please make your checks payable to;
NAMBA 2017 Nationals c/o: Tracy Osborne
3802 N. 87th Place Scottsdale AZ 85251

Richard1056
08-18-2017, 12:06 AM
Nationals News!

District 19 has decided to award High Points trophies to all three power disciplines and a Total High Points Champion.
We are looking for trophy sponsors for the following;
Nitro High Points Champion $125.00
FE High Points Champion $125.00
Gas High Points Champion $125.00
Total High Points Champion $150.00
We appreciate your support and couldn’t do this without you!

Richard1056
08-31-2017, 11:57 PM
Nationals News!

District 19 would like to Thank:

Sin City Racing for sponsoring our Gas High Points Champion Trophy

Wave Blasters of Florida for sponsoring our FE High Points Champion Trophy

Brent Daily with Props Works West for sponsoring our Total High Points Champion Trophy

Roger Hooks Sr. with Double- Ace Racing Products for sponsoring our Nitro High Points Champion Trophy

We appreciate your support and couldn’t do this without you!

Richard1056
09-01-2017, 12:24 AM
We are looking for sponsors and raffle prizes for the upcoming NAMBA Nationals!

Our sponsors are the driving engine of our NAMBA Nationals. They make it possible to have this amazing event through their generous support of classes and prizes. These are the proud sponsors of our 2017 Nationals.

With the National’s right around the corner
We are still looking for sponsors for the following classes:

Class Cost Date
1/10 Scale Modern $150.00 10/28 Saturday
1/10 Scale Vintage $150.00 10/28 Saturday
B-OPC Tunnel $150.00 10/23 Monday
Nitro Team Marathon $150.00 10/25 Wednesday
P CAT $150.00 10/24 Tuesday
P Mono $150.00 10/23 Monday
P- Limited Mono $150.00 10/21 Saturday
P-Limited OPC $150.00 10/21 Saturday
P-Limited Outrigger $150.00 10/24 Tuesday
P-Limited Sports Hydro $150.00 10/22 Sunday
Q Mono $150.00 10/26 Thursday
Scale Unlimited (Nitro) $150.00 10/28 Saturday
Sport 40-2 $150.00 10/22 Sunday
Sport 60 $150.00 10/26 Thursday

Event Sponsors Cost
Ice Sponsor #2 $200.00 Monday/Tuesday
Ice Sponsor #3 $200.00 Wednesday/ Thursday
Ice Sponsor #4 $200.00 Friday/ Saturday

If you are interested in being a sponsor for the 2017 NAMBA Nationals please contact;
Richard Romero richard@danspaintandbody.com (520)631-8656
Russ Stark rstark372@aol.com (909)519-1932

madmikepags
09-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Only 248 boats entered for an 8 day event? And In reality for anyone attending the entire event and travelling you would need 11 days. Really? You can do this event in 4 days?

madmikepags
09-06-2017, 05:56 PM
It's roughly 200 heats, total, you can actually fit that into 3 days. I don't know, are there a lot of people on the fence for this and just haven't signed up yet?

Richard1056
09-06-2017, 06:24 PM
I know a bunch of guys from our district that still haven't signed up..... So I can only guess there's others.

53 FE boats signed up. When we were awarded the Nationals I was super excited to have FE included. We did our best with the schedule separated the Scale class and will have scheduled open water for the FE guys.

If your on the fence or your coming and haven't signed up please do! Vegas in October is perfect and we will put on the best race possible!

I always see you Pags at The Winter Warm Ups, are coming to the Nats or just making an observation.... I hope you do make it to Vegas!

ray schrauwen
09-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Might be coming to watch :spy: :bounce:

ray schrauwen
09-06-2017, 08:51 PM
I'll be entering a nitro boat and was hoping to enter FE as well. If I'm only bringing one scale I'd probably bring the FE. Hopefully the clubs that do run them together will chime in with their procedures. Whatever you come up with it's going to be a great time.

How do you handle logistics crossing the border? Do you drive or fly?

Wendy has tickets booked for some boring arse direct marketing stuff on the 21st and be there a couple days more. Might get some stick time, hint hint....

pescador
09-07-2017, 01:57 AM
How do you handle logistics crossing the border? Do you drive or fly?

Wendy has tickets booked for some boring arse direct marketing stuff on the 21st and be there a couple days more. Might get some stick time, hint hint....

Just mailed my entry, 6 boats, 3 nitro and 3 electric including 2 scales, we'll be driving in our motorhome loaded to the gills lol. There's at least 8 going from our club so hopefully I can get some help carrying gear.
Last time we had a cargo trailer to put everybody's stuff in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darin Jordan
09-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Sorry, Guys. I'm not going to be able to make this one. Had our Septic Field fail about a month ago and just had to pay to have a new one installed. That was an expense this year I wasn't planning for and wipes us out. That and the "group trip" that was planned has dwindled down to just me, so...

Just not in the cards again this year.

T.S.Davis
09-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Only 248 boats entered for an 8 day event? And In reality for anyone attending the entire event and travelling you would need 11 days. Really? You can do this event in 4 days?

There has to be something wrong with that racer page. Sport 40 and 10th scale have just 2 entries each. Of the 248, 8% are just one guy running 20 classes. That can't be right.

Rookieboater
09-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear that Darin. Was hoping to meet you in person. On the plus side of that.... The rest of us have a fighting chance in P-Limited OPC. :banana:

Sorry, Guys. I'm not going to be able to make this one. Had our Septic Field fail about a month ago and just had to pay to have a new one installed. That was an expense this year I wasn't planning for and wipes us out. That and the "group trip" that was planned has dwindled down to just me, so...

Just not in the cards again this year.

Rookieboater
09-07-2017, 01:54 PM
The last two National Events our District put on. We received 60-70% of our entries in that last 3 weeks. Seems most people wait til the end for some reason.

Richard1056
09-08-2017, 12:18 AM
Host Hotel News!

September 18th will be the cut-off for the discounted rate for the Nationals.
Please don’t wait until the last minute, reserve your rooms today!

See you in Vegas,

Rates
* Get your reservations soon as that is one of the busiest weekends in Las Vegas.

T.S.Davis
09-08-2017, 06:14 AM
The last two National Events our District put on. We received 60-70% of our entries in that last 3 weeks. Seems most people wait til the end for some reason.

That's why I urged guys to sign up if they're going in an earlier post. Hosting these kind of events is nerve racking. Makes it worse when guys drag their feet.

Richard1056
09-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Just mailed my entry, 6 boats, 3 nitro and 3 electric including 2 scales, we'll be driving in our motorhome loaded to the gills lol. There's at least 8 going from our club so hopefully I can get some help carrying gear.

That's great the hear!

Look forward to meeting you all!

Richard1056
09-08-2017, 12:13 PM
That's why I urged guys to sign up if they're going in an earlier post. Hosting these kind of events is nerve racking. Makes it worse when guys drag their feet.

:iagree:

ray schrauwen
09-21-2017, 11:30 PM

Well, I'm going to Vegas. Not to race really just tagging along with Wendy for a Direct Marketing thing on the weekend. I can't stand that crap but whatever.

I'm going to know how the most economic way to get from the strip to the race water so I can spectate and try to enjoy some part of RC boating this season.

Hopefully the trip relieves stress and doesn't add more than what I'm barely handling right now.

Really want to see some of you guys. It will have been over a decade since I've seen some of y'all.

pescador
09-22-2017, 09:10 AM
Awesome, look for the Maple leafs flying in the pits :).

Ken Haines
09-22-2017, 10:04 AM
418 Boats / 75 Racers

The attendance is starting to shape up into a big event.
Don't be left out.....the entry cut-off is tommorrow Sept 23rd.
Getting excited for this one !
Hope to see you there,
Ken :bounce:

MarkF
09-22-2017, 12:37 PM
Ray

The lake is only 5 to 10 minutes from the strip. If you don't have a car then use Uber.

Mark

T.S.Davis
09-22-2017, 12:52 PM
Ray, try the hotel shuttle. Might be further than they want to go but they may make an exception for you.

ray schrauwen
09-22-2017, 02:18 PM
Thanks guys. Flight and hotel booked. Looking forward to seeing you guys, direct marketing conferences, not so much. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Maybe next year I can do some running if the logistics go well this time.

-----------------------

Try to make it an even 420 boats.... Vegas made that stuff legal in some ways. :bounce:

T.S.Davis
09-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Maybe next year I can do some running if the logistics go well this time.

You'll have to harass Ken and Fede. I wont be there. It will be a light schedule for him compared to most every other time you've seen him so maybe he'll get a chance to string together more than 3 words in a row.

They're sneaking up on that total we had in 2005. They'll probably get there. Should be quite the variety of gear to check out.

ray schrauwen
09-22-2017, 08:03 PM
There are lots of people for me to meet. Just went over the roster.

I'm squirming around trying to think of a way to maybe run a boat but, it's not necessary. There will be lots to look at and talk about.

I could also just pay the registration fee to go to the banquet and other related events. That would be fun from what I've read.

Ken Haines
09-25-2017, 09:58 AM
459 Boats / 84 Racers

Wow !!
:bounce:

Richard1056
09-26-2017, 12:11 AM
Nationals Update !

As of today 91 racers and 499 boats entered with more still coming in....

mojoracer
09-26-2017, 07:17 AM
Mojo Racing is singed up and committed to 6 FE classes. Should be fun!

T.S.Davis
09-26-2017, 09:26 AM
Nationals Update !

As of today 91 racers and 499 boats entered with more still coming in....

Wow. Gonna be a hoot Richard. Drink lots of water. hahaha

Ken Haines
09-28-2017, 11:27 AM
537 Boats / 97 Racers

:bounce: