PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave 36 conversion

silverado82481
12-05-2016, 03:00 PM
HI guys Im new here. heres my plan. I have a shockwave 36 that currently gas powered and im about done with tuning and running and breaking it in and having the thing just not work correctly Im switching to electric ........... so I run 2cell lipos in my 4x4 slash at the track and so do my kids, we have 3 slashes, RC 4-LIFE ........ so I was wanting to build something that ran on 2 or 3c so I would not have to buy new batteries just for the boat.. SO from doing a little research the seaking 180a is the one to have. not im getting that everyone likes the leopard motors, but what KV and size is where im just freaking lost....... I want it to be fast yes........ but I want to have a half way decent run time also, so where to go from here.... that's where you all come in, so far this is what ive been told will work well in this set up " " I'd recommend a leapord 4092 2080kv to run 4s with a 445 prop.. or a leapord 4092 1390kv on 6s with a 450 prop " is there a better set up to run 2s or 3s ???? :blink:

Tamelesstgr
12-07-2016, 03:27 PM
With the 4092 motor, the deciding factor in what KV you need will be your battery selection. Unfortunately you will need to probably run 4s, or (2) 2s packs in series and you would need about a 2000kv motor to achieve the sport running RPM range of about 30k rpms loaded. If for example you were going t orun that 1390kv motor, you would need 6s to reach the RPM range.

I'll give you my example, I have a 32" deep-V and I have the Leopard 4082 motor in 1450kv. I run the Turnigy 180 Marine esc (Same as Seaking) and run (2) 6s packs in parallel. 6S2P total 6600 mah. I get a loaded rpm of 30k, and have about 3.5 minutes of runtime and anywhere from 40-48mph thus far with the prop selection I have. Everything runs very cool and within limits of the ESC.

To run 2s or 3s in a boat that large is not very feasible, the amp draw will be huge and in my opinion you will have nothing but problems. My (2) 6s packs only cost $40 each I think, they are Zippy Compact 40c and I've been pretty happy with them. Run time can be extended by wiring packs in parallel versus series, but I would also recommend that longer run times can invite problems as well, the flex shafts can heat up and run out of grease which is not a pleasant experience.