PDA

View Full Version : Save the Date: 2017 Atlanta Spring Nationals - April 22nd & 23rd

HUFFRACING
12-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Hey Gang,

The dates have been confirmed...

The 2017 Atlanta Spring Nationals will be held on April 22nd & 23rd!

We will be posting more information and registration information over the coming weeks.

We hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Lamar

T.S.Davis
12-02-2016, 10:24 AM
SAVED! See you in April Lamar. This is a great race fellas. Start planning now.

HUFFRACING
12-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Terry, glad to hear you guys are making the trek back down again for 2017! Dad it hard at work in the HUFFRACING fiberglass shop knocking out some new P-Monos for you guys to contend with this coming year. The lil' ORCA is all grown up now and sporting a full P set-up! Early testing on the new stretched design is showing promise over the Speedcrafts we have been running.

Later,
Lamar

T.S.Davis
12-03-2016, 08:56 PM
So...ahhhhhh.......ever seen 10th scale hydro?

Lamar, consider adding 10th scale. We can field a heat easy. MMEU will even sponsor it. Call it exhibition. You guys will totally dig it.

HUFFRACING
12-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Terry, no sir, never seen one.

We are having internal club discussions now about the classes we are going to offer.

Thanks for the offer to sponsor! We will be back in touch...

Thanks,
Lamar

tjcast
12-04-2016, 08:26 PM
10th Scales!! fun to race, fun to watch :lol:

HUFFRACING
12-06-2016, 12:49 PM
I've run 60 Scale Nitro boats before... They are fun to drive! These appear to be very similar.

What set-up do you guys have in the 10th scales? I'm not overly familiar with the electric rules (that's what we have Doug Smock for)!

Thanks,
Lamar

T.S.Davis
12-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Smock's a tool.:laugh::laugh::tt2:

You can't tell from the pictures but we run those the opposite direction. So we run them the right way.......which is the left way......you know what I mean. Counter clockwise.

There's a NAMBA motor list for 10th but more than one on the list is discontinued. They have no plans to address it as far as I know. Since IMPBA had no 10th scale we wrote a club rule set for them that was size based with a max kv of 1700. Then 4s batteries. The kv isn't tech able but we're also not asking to put it in the rule book. We're expecting some honestly and integrity. Think exhibition anyway. The class is silly fun to drive and even watch.

The hot motor of choice at the moment is the Proboat 1500. Last I heard was that it was discontinued now too. So.....I'm thinking a TP3630 - 1500kv will be close. Inexpensive solid motor. The difference being the pole count. The Proboat is 6 pole and the TP is 4 so a bit less torque with the TP. We wont know until we run some. I likely wont mess with changing over until these current 1500's croak on us. The Proboat motor is pretty solid.

On the current motors you can run right out to the ragged edge with these. I think that's what makes it so fun. The boats aren't efficient and perfect like sport hydro tend to be. They're quirky. Kind like the real boats were back in the day. Some are like pushing a kite from the tail. Some will sponson walk on you in the right cross wind. You have to drive these suckers. You can too because you're not going so fast that you're instantly upside down. Rarely does anyone run away from the field. So fun.

Shoot me an email Lamar and I'll send you the rule set our gang just voted in for 2017.

H2o-racing@comcast.net

Doug Smock
12-06-2016, 04:34 PM
Smock's a tool.:laugh::laugh::tt2:

Why yes, yes I am!:stupid::wink: