PDA

View Full Version : November 2016 Legg Lake Event Info & Rules?

dmitry100
10-17-2016, 12:24 AM
Hey guys,

I've googled for a little while trying to get some event info and rules for the 2016 Nov. Legg Lake event... Where do I go to look this up?

Also...

Is there electricity on site?

I know there were some restrictions on HV lipos or are they fine as long as they're charged to 4.23v ?

T.S.Davis
10-17-2016, 09:32 AM
No, according to NAMBA's executive board.................. absolutely no HV cells are allowed at any NAMBA event regardless of how they are charged. They didn't elaborate on how to verify that but that was the directive. I assume we are to rely on the sticker on the shrink wrap since it's impossible to tech.

The reason I was given was "insurance". I've been having these type of debates for 10+ years. According to the rule book, the only time you risk a loss of insurance coverage is when you fail to comply with the safety rules. The book doesn't say "follow the class rules or forget it". The "nominal" voltage only exists in the electric section. It's not part of the safety rules and therefore should not be an insurance issue. We were even asked to sign an additional form this year acknowledging that failure to comply with the safety rules would void our coverage. However, words don't always mean what we think they mean. Even if they're in writing.

By the Board's interpretation, a P sport hydro without a real or fictitious sponsor logo renders the racer un-insured if it runs in P sport class.

Fluid
10-17-2016, 10:54 AM
Nice rant Terry (j/k). And some good insight into the HV - and other - safety issues.

For the OP: Since this this is a record event, all NAMBA rules apply. Terry is a former NAMBA FE Director so he has good insight. Raptor347 (Brian) is the current Director and will be there.

There will be a few personal generators on site, you can probably borrow some power if you bring a multi plug and long extension cord. If you have a shade structure that would help but is not necessary. Just bring a good hat.

T.S.Davis
10-17-2016, 01:09 PM
Terry is a former NAMBA FE Director so he has good insight.

I know Jay. You've been listening to my rant on that insurance thing for years. We had the same claims back when we went from Nicd to Nimh. "Not in the book, we're all gonna die"

You left out recently resigned District 2 director.

For anyone looking at up coming events. Just get there. You wont be sorry. Model boaters are 99.9% great people to hang around with. Best to check in with the host club of course for details like power and shelter. It would be rare for model boaters to leave you hang'n but worth checking into.

Darin Jordan
10-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Here is where I'd start asking any questions. Unless Brian or Mark weigh in, none of this discussion is official.

http://www.namba.com/content/schedule.asp?RaceID=9

dmitry100
10-18-2016, 08:58 PM
Darin, am I supposed to see some sort of forum board there? I don't really see anything except a list of events...

Darin Jordan
10-18-2016, 10:23 PM
Darin, am I supposed to see some sort of forum board there? I don't really see anything except a list of events...

NEXT/SELECTED EVENT
Sanction: 16-009
Date: November 11-13
Type: Time Trials 1/16 Mile Straight Line
Class(s): All Nitro, Gas, and Electric Classes
Host: Amigos Race Team
7372 Natal Dr. , Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 615-9974

Amigos Racing Team
Mark Grim
mgrim@mindspring.com
Inboard, Outboard, Scale, Gas

dmitry100
10-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Darin, is the car parking lot close to where everyone will be? I wonder if I could just use my car to connect the charger using 12v lead clamps.

Darin Jordan
10-24-2016, 09:01 AM
Darin, is the car parking lot close to where everyone will be? I wonder if I could just use my car to connect the charger using 12v lead clamps.

No. You can drive out to the lake-side, however, but you have to park your car on the opposite side of the jogging trail from where we setup. That might still work for you.