PDA

View Full Version : A better country....

calcagno45
11-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Ok, so whats a good country in Europe to live in with a lot of the same freedoms we have? I'm moving......:thumbsdown:

Darin Jordan
11-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Ok, so whats a good country in Europe to live in with a lot of the same freedoms we have? I'm moving......:thumbsdown:

I was kind of thinking that Australia might be nice... Or New Zeland??

Meniscus
11-04-2008, 10:38 PM
(counting absentee military service ballots...)

RCprince
11-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Americans been Expatriating for years, it's nothing new as a matter of fact alot of entertainers have been giving up their citizenship for years, I looked into it a few years ago... they just passed a bill where you gotta pay exit tax now

RCprince
11-04-2008, 10:39 PM
New Zealand is the main one.

RCprince
11-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Exit Tax for U.S. Expatriates Becomes Law: Giving up a U.S. passport can carry a steep price tag. A new law passed by the U.S. Congress and signed by the President will subject certain individuals, who expatriate or give up their green cards, to immediate tax on the inherent gain on all of their worldwide assets and a tax on future gifts or bequests made to a U.S. citizen or resident.

http://etresoi.ch/Denis/bondage.html

one day you guys will get it... your running from the frying pan into the Fire... A New World Order...GW sr. Said it "We Will Have A one world government"

obrien
11-04-2008, 11:08 PM
this country is so screwed its no even funny.

oh yeah, kiss your 2nd amendment rights good bye.

I wonder how long he lives?

calcagno45
11-04-2008, 11:09 PM
D@mn, they tax me to live here, and they'll tax me to leave here... geez...

Austrailia and New Zealand both sound amazing. I'll have to go to college again. I dont think the US Generally Accepted Accounting Principle are the same over there.....

obrien
11-04-2008, 11:21 PM
its not like they can make you pay once you are over there.

rockwerks
11-04-2008, 11:21 PM
I figure I have till the end of the year to get my CCW and buy a few handguns and tons of ammo. Im sure we will still have our rights but dont count on ammo being affordable. maybe 50.00 a bullet?

obrien
11-04-2008, 11:23 PM
on the board right now is a bill that will ban almost every gun except for revolvers. And I believe there is supposed to be a 500% tax on ammo as well.

calcagno45
11-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah from whats being circulated, I better stock up now, or get in good with some governemt agencies...
I think the South will rise again if they pass that bill, law enforcement agencies and all!!

ghostofpf1
11-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Good lord you people actually believe that stuff ?? :lol:
Ghost :confused:

obrien
11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
sad part is you don't. you believe what obama has been saying. the only luck we have is that the senate may not get a majority of dems, so we might get to keep some of our rights.

Avanti
11-05-2008, 12:11 AM
I need more ammo
and an exit plan

ghostofpf1
11-05-2008, 12:11 AM
sad part is you don't. you believe what obama has been saying. the only luck we have is that the senate may not get a majority of dems, so we might get to keep some of our rights.

No....I don't believe what the fear mongers have said...big difference

Not very patriotic of you giving up on your country because you bought the line some rabid right wing talking head fed you ...hell I've suffered through 8 years of gwb..lost $200 on the last election betting that the American people were smarter than that...and I'm still here :lol:
Ghost

Avanti
11-05-2008, 12:14 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:mjZFrqbVFYxtwM:http://www.werescrewed08.com/images/We%27re%2520Screwed%252008%2520bumper%2520sticker% 2520proof3.jpg

obrien
11-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I didn't give up on the country. All the fools that voted for bo did.

ace028
11-05-2008, 12:18 AM
I need ammo too, I have none for my 12ga. Though I got some pellet guns and pellets:lol:

tylerm
11-05-2008, 12:36 AM
I was kind of thinking that Australia might be nice... Or New Zeland??

New Zealand mate, hard:rockon2:
The hobby is bigger over there, but man we get some mean offshore:rofl:

Meniscus
11-05-2008, 06:03 AM
Regarding arming ourselves, let's just say that there are certain groups (such as the VFW) that may have a stockload of weapons designated for use withf ROTC programs. However, it is just a matter of a firing pin.

So, get your ammo before we have to pay even more for just another "privilege""

Steven Vaccaro
11-05-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm not read to give up on the USA yet.

Since Obama is interested in change and won the majority, affirmative action should now be a dead issue.

Meniscus
11-05-2008, 08:08 AM
LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking last night. (thinking to self, well I never want to hear about "the man" keeping you down)

And I'm inclined to agree with Steven, I'm not saying I'm giving up on the USA, but it sure will suck to work hard and hand over the money to those that don't. Where's the capitalism in that? There's no value and meanwhile, we ALL suffer.

Steven Vaccaro
11-05-2008, 08:18 AM
LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking last night. (thinking to self, well I never want to hear about "the man" keeping you down)

And I'm inclined to agree with Steven, I'm not saying I'm giving up on the USA, but it sure will suck to work hard and hand over the money to those that don't. Where's the capitalism in that? There's no value and meanwhile, we ALL suffer.

In my opinion the morals of our children are the most important things we can do to rebuild this country. We have to stop our children from accepting handouts and understand they need to work hard for everything they want. Understand that if they mess up they have to pay the consequences. Whether it be paying back a debit or a slap on the wrist.

Dr. Jet
11-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I need more ammo
and an exit plan

One word of caution here. Do not use a check or credit card to buy guns and ammo.

Cash only! :spy:

Meniscus
11-05-2008, 08:38 AM
LOL Jet!

Good call Steven. And no, I'm not in the habit of validating others feelings, for the record. I can merely agree with people that share the same feelings as I have.

Steven Vaccaro
11-05-2008, 08:40 AM
One word of caution here. Do not use a check or credit card to buy guns and ammo.

Cash only! :spy:

All the watching was started by who? President Bush! Obama wont have to change a thing to keep listening in and watching us. We gave up a ton of freedoms after 911. More than most people know.

Avanti
11-05-2008, 08:51 AM
CASH ONLY is my montra

RCprince
11-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Good Morning, Avanti... I have some good news, we've just appropriated money to get you that medical help that you needed. Dude live life... stress in a killer.. read about the laws off attraction, you have to much negative energy around. Live life see the good things in it, I use to hang around racist, sexist, classist grown up. But the burden is to heavy to carry. My father always use to tell me, standing 6'2 he would say son, "look at me I'm tall an lean, built like a sports car, not a dump truck... I don't car burdens" stress is a unnecessary heavy load, free yourself! and live.

RCprince
11-05-2008, 09:41 AM
All the watching was started by who? President Bush! Obama wont have to change a thing to keep listening in and watching us. We gave up a ton of freedoms after 911. More than most people know.

They haven't realized that yet Steve, What this nation built in 200 plus years, Bush took away in 8.

Avanti
11-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Bush Bush Bush
I can't wait to see the great things that will happen now :rolleyes:

Darin Jordan
11-05-2008, 02:09 PM
... read about the laws off attraction, you have to much negative energy around.

Go discuss that holistic crap with Oprah... What a bunch of non-sense... and YES... I actually paid money for that "The SECRET" CD... so I'm well informed on the stuff...

Ladies and gentleman, the moral compass has left the building...

Feel free to proceed with whatever makes YOU "feel good"... :olleyes:

What a crock...

Steven Vaccaro
11-05-2008, 05:56 PM
They haven't realized that yet Steve, What this nation built in 200 plus years, Bush took away in 8.

I didnt say it was bad. Times change. Either adapt or die. Bush decided to try to adapt. So far its been working.

RCprince
11-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Go discuss that holistic crap with Oprah... What a bunch of non-sense... and YES... I actually paid money for that "The SECRET" CD... so I'm well informed on the stuff...

Ladies and gentleman, the moral compass has left the building...

Feel free to proceed with whatever makes YOU "feel good"... :olleyes:

What a crock...

That CD is a Bunch of Bull-ish, but... why are you here? I'll answer it for you, you were attracted by other people with the same interest... what a Crock.. lol you ship is leaving the the dock, you can fight it, but you won't be able to resist it... All of a sudden Oprah know of it and you follow... lol Oprah is new on the scene. But your still waiting for a man to rapture you and take you away... lol

Avanti
11-05-2008, 07:58 PM
uh,, can you translate that from internet to english

RCprince
11-05-2008, 09:53 PM
That's what happens when your multitasking and you minds other places, I guess you only have 30 minutes to edit.

Darin Jordan
11-05-2008, 10:59 PM
That's what happens when your multitasking and you minds other places, I guess you only have 30 minutes to edit.

Based on some of what you have been saying in these posts...... I'd say that's actually what happens when you are trying to type and light-up at the same time... :lol:

Apparently, they grow the really good stuff down there... :roflol:

RCprince
11-05-2008, 11:29 PM
I neither smoke or drink.... my body is my temple, But Florida do pack some good stuff from what I've seen on the news.

Quicksilver
11-06-2008, 07:24 PM
yay! I get to call all of you traitors now. You got to call me one, for not supporting a war and you guys want to leave the country because your big guns might get taken away from blacky.

boo hoo! just leave the country already and stfu! :blah::blah::blah:

As a co-worker said over my shoulder as I was reading about our soon to be new chief of staff. "This one's at least white, right?" That's all I need to here. Keep your guns, because when the feds come nockin on your door, you'll get to die in a blaze of gun fire instead of being a moral human being. What are the guns for anyway? It's our second amendment? who f'in cares? why do you need assault rifles? stupid pinko, liberal, commie, hippie democrats dont own them anyway. Just making up for some deficiency, besides your mental capacity?

Avanti
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
hey quicksilver
http://alpacino_fan.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/scarface8.jpg

If you don't want the right to defend yourself then move to Russia.

azjc
11-06-2008, 08:01 PM
just a reminder about the 2nd amendment....your guns will never be taken away that is brainwashing .....It was Bush Sr that signed the bill that banned the importation of military rifles into the USA...I bought a HK-91 in 1985 for $300 and now I could go to any gun show and get at least 3k for it sight unseen

Avanti
11-06-2008, 08:05 PM
oh trust me I know my guns will never be taken away (as long as I'm breathing)

I more concerned to see what happens to the economy now.

Give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself...................

Avanti
11-06-2008, 08:12 PM
our new national anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCJTR3XeiAc

Darin Jordan
11-06-2008, 08:20 PM
yay! I get to call all of you traitors now. You got to call me one, for not supporting a war and you guys want to leave the country because your big guns might get taken away from blacky.

boo hoo! just leave the country already and stfu! :blah::blah::blah:

As a co-worker said over my shoulder as I was reading about our soon to be new chief of staff. "This one's at least white, right?" That's all I need to here. Keep your guns, because when the feds come nockin on your door, you'll get to die in a blaze of gun fire instead of being a moral human being. What are the guns for anyway? It's our second amendment? who f'in cares? why do you need assault rifles? stupid pinko, liberal, commie, hippie democrats dont own them anyway. Just making up for some deficiency, besides your mental capacity?

Very impressive attitude... :olleyes: :olleyes:

Here's a thought... GET A SENSE OF HUMOR and LIGHTEN UP!

And by the way... NEWS FLASH for you Libs out there... The "mainstream media", or what used to be, is now FINALLY catching up and saying EXACTLY what those of us on the more moderate/conservative side have been saying all along about your new "annointed one"...

Guess the honeymoon is already over...

And before you go spouting off with your Lib rhetoric... please keep in mind that I've stated already that I'm being cautiously OPTIMISTIC and even "Hopeful" that Mr. Obama can and will be an EXCELLENT President and will rise to the occasion.

Until he proves something, however, You really haven't got a leg to stand on with this BS and put downs, so how about just relaxing and waiting along with the rest of us to see if he can get this country going in the right direction... I know that's a novel concept, but it's what reasonable people do...

Of course, if the shoe was on the other foot, I'm sure you'd all be protesting in the streets and all the "injustice" of it all... :olleyes:

RCprince
11-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Unless you guys are leaving the country and selling your property... hush, but I know it's only natural for a butt hole to talk doo doo(pg rated version)

Avanti
11-06-2008, 09:18 PM
oops I farted

Darin Jordan
11-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Unless you guys are leaving the country and selling your property... hush,

Dude... The Left hasn't taken away free speech yet! There isn't ANY WAY you are going to stop me or anyone else from voicing our concerns or discussing this stuff...

It's still a free country at the moment, and I can guarantee you that if you extreme leftists think you can just win one election and take over this country and our freedoms, you'll awaken a monster that you are NOT equiped to deal with... Your holistic ideals and ways of thinking simply won't stand up to those willing to fight for their freedom. Quite frankly, BECAUSE of the way you think, there wouldn't be enough of you on the same page to put up a unified stand if you had to.

Let's hope there are still a majority of people in your camp that have the common sense to move forward and work to preserve the freedoms that my fore-fathers fought so hard to obtain for us...

And if you think your silly rhetoric is any way to help to Unite a Nation, as your side has professed to be working to do, then you need to go to leadership training... All you are doing is dividing us more, which frankly, may be inevitable since that's usually the result of an extreme left position anyhow...

I'm personally very hopeful that we can all work more toward the middle, which is the ONLY place this country can truely work.

We'll have to give him time to prove himself when he's actually IN OFFICE before we'll know what we have... Until then, it's all just speculation and wishful thinking...

RCprince
11-06-2008, 09:44 PM
We'll have to give him time to prove himself when he's actually IN OFFICE before we'll know what we have... Until then, it's all just speculation and wishful thinking...

that's all that had to be said from the get go, simplicity is beauty

Quicksilver
11-07-2008, 12:59 AM
well, you guys got my full anger at the end of the day, I apologize to and extent. I defend myself in the regard that I 've read a lot of nasty crap on here, that I say nothing about, so I guess I wrote like you guys already knew what I've read over the past year......whatever. I just think it's funny that we've got a country so divided that every 4 or 8 yrs we go at it like no tomorrow. Seriously I was saying 4 yrs ago what you guys are saying today. I'm trying to reach across the aisle here....obviously not in the other post, but yeah anyway. More than likely nothing will happen. As with both sides we hear one thing or another, you get a cased of telephone and soon enough..wild accusations and threats of leaving the country over it. I said it four years ago......."I'm moving to Canada," I said, but I stuck around, because we are lazy Americans after all.

To all reading my comments, I'm not a democrat and dont consider myself a liberal at all. I just dont believe the stuff I'm hearing from both sides. I'll be perfectly honest here, I voted for Obama because of McCains affiliation with Bush, his age and Palin. I know, a lot of you guys will argue to the death against those reasons, but those are mine. Palin scares the ever loving "" out me, just as Obama scares you.......I'll leave it at that, why get really messy?

More on me, I am against fully socialized health care, I've got coverage, good coverage, and he better not take it away from me. I do believe guns are our right, but I'm not going to vote for guns....so to speak. I think we do need a new direction, a young person, without much experience but with a mind capable of doing the job and not sticking with the old ways. I just think we need to accept some change here and there, for gods sake, were like the only country where every other person has gun. I stick to folded steel as defense but to each his own.

I guess I get most offended here, because I cannot fathom why this website is so right wing, most sites are either neutral or balanced and when I read 20 posts bashing obama I get a bit angry, because I know I'm not the only one on here that voted for him. I dont want people to be scared to stand up for what they believe.

RCprince
11-07-2008, 01:40 AM
An Excellent movie to watch is The Lord Of War, Starring Nicholas Cage and Ethan Hawke. Guns= Getting Us Nowhere Stupid. Be not dismayed Quicksilver, I voted for him... I'll take on a million R wingers any day....with out even increasing my heart rate. I laugh because It amuses me, if I could sit outside their churches on a Sunday, A bible in one hand and a colt in the other... They'll rather give a preacher 10 percent for selling them a pipe dream, over giving that 10 percent to better some one who will more likely have an ill effect on their lives. But hey Religion and Politics makes bad bed partners, because in the end you wake up with your butt hurting, from both. But yet they cry liberty and hate liberals... lol. People need to put down the guns and pick up their neighbors. Whatever happened to being your brothers keep, I guess it's easier to be your brothers killer!!! fighting for stuff your gonna leave behind and is gonna fall into the hands of people who you hated anyway.

Ub Hauled
11-07-2008, 04:43 AM
Well... I have a few comments as well as all of you do.
First i'd like to state that I am Brazilian and recently naturalized American.
With that established, I'd like to comment on a few posts past.
The so called main stream media here in the US is so ridiculously biased it's not even funny,
I get calls from my mom or friends in Brazil telling me stuff that is happening here that was
not shown on most of the channels nor print media here... they know way more then I do
and they are 8 thousand clicks away. The main stream media here is heavily controlled... on their defense I wanna say that the Brazilian corruption and affairs are a spit on peoples faces down there... so there is no need to be biased (or as biased).
I agree with a lot of stuff that was said here and making a longer story shorter, we need a change in the country's status quo. The way that one man and 8 years set the Americans back is to me... a kick on the nuts. It is painful such great hardworking people being held back by one of the worst presidencies I have ever heard of (I apologize to the ones in favor of the current Prez), not only that but now, most the planet hates our guts even more.
I think the new Prez is something that the country needs in the sense of change, whether he'll fulfill our needs or not... time will tell.
Things that the "prior" did passing some of the amendments he did go DIRECTLY against our Bill of Rights, which I am pretty familiarized with since I had to study them for the naturalization process, I find it absurdly ridiculous that it actually became real!!! We have the right to privacy!!!
Anyway, no more for now. Thanks for reading.

Darin Jordan
11-07-2008, 06:35 AM
I laugh because It amuses me, if I could sit outside their churches on a Sunday, A bible in one hand and a colt in the other... They'll rather give a preacher 10 percent for selling them a pipe dream, over giving that 10 percent to better some one who will more likely have an ill effect on their lives. But hey Religion and Politics makes bad bed partners, because in the end you wake up with your butt hurting, from both.

WHY do you keep bringing religion into this??? The arguements that have been presented, by me anyhow, have NOTHING to do with religion and EVERYTHING to do with policies that the Left proposes that simply WON'T WORK! Been there, don't that... same results every time...

Look up the definition of insanity sometime... pay attention to the part about trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result...

As for giving a church 10%... If you had any idea what you were talking about, you'd realize the GOOD in this world that is done by these churches and people with a faith in something a little higher than an elected official... I would much rather give my money to them to decide who needs the help than a government that is so easily swayed by minority groups and lobbyists...

Avanti
11-07-2008, 07:44 AM
I guess I get most offended here, because I cannot fathom why this website is so right wing, most sites are either neutral or balanced and when I read 20 posts bashing obama I get a bit angry, because I know I'm not the only one on here that voted for him. I dont want people to be scared to stand up for what they believe.

So because there are about 8 or 10 of us out of 1,675 members that are right winged, you think this whole site is right winged. Why don't you practice what you preach and let us stand up for what we believe in.

RCprince
11-07-2008, 09:15 AM
WHY do you keep bringing religion into this??? The arguements that have been presented, by me anyhow, have NOTHING to do with religion and EVERYTHING to do with policies that the Left proposes that simply WON'T WORK! Been there, don't that... same results every time...

Look up the definition of insanity sometime... pay attention to the part about trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result...

As for giving a church 10%... If you had any idea what you were talking about, you'd realize the GOOD in this world that is done by these churches and people with a faith in something a little higher than an elected official... I would much rather give my money to them to decide who needs the help than a government that is so easily swayed by minority groups and lobbyists...

First off, I never said anything about giving your money to the government... I said your neighbor, the person whom you see, why not enhance their lives to stop them form going the wrong way and becoming a nuisance to you later. Secondly I know about the church trust me, you get food when you accept my god.

Darin Jordan
11-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I said your neighbor, the person whom you see, why not enhance their lives to stop them form going the wrong way and becoming a nuisance to you later.

So it's clear that you subscribe to the "Give a man a fish" part of the saying...

You know what happens when you give the guy on the corner a dollar... he buys more booze... every time...

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/19/images/large/PascoC_div_her_1276443.jpg

There is WAY more to a quality life than just money to buy things... including food... Liberals don't really know that because they really don't stand for anything, not as a group anyhow... other than what they happen to be "feeling" at the moment...

And, by the way... speaking of "helping your neighbor"... HOW much did BO and Biden donate to charities over the years??? Bueller?? Bueller??? :olleyes:

Sarah Palin and her husband showed a $160,000 income in their tax return (or there-abouts) and donated more to charity than BO and Biden combined... You know, practicing what you preach lends a lot to ones credibility... I know... I know... a novel concept... :olleyes:

This conversation is getting old... The news media is now starting to catch up, and soon you will all be hearing through your standard channels what some of us have been trying to tell you all along. When reality hits, I hope you can honestly evaluate your choice and then ask yourself if this one moment in history was worth the consequences it's caused...

You'll have to actually pay attention and get informed to know that for sure...

AndyKunz
11-07-2008, 10:53 AM
our new national anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCJTR3XeiAc

I always liked The Jeffersons, but you have to remember:

GEORGE JEFFERSON WORKED AND SAVED TO MOVE UP!

Andy

RCprince
11-07-2008, 11:17 AM
So it's clear that you subscribe to the "Give a man a fish" part of the saying...

You know what happens when you give the guy on the corner a dollar... he buys more booze... every time...

There is WAY more to a quality life than just money to buy things... including food... Liberals don't really know that because they really don't stand for anything, not as a group anyhow... other than what they happen to be "feeling" at the moment...

And, by the way... speaking of "helping your neighbor"... HOW much did BO and Biden donate to charities over the years??? Bueller?? Bueller??? :olleyes:

Sarah Palin and her husband showed a $160,000 income in their tax return (or there-abouts) and donated more to charity than BO and Biden combined... You know, practicing what you preach lends a lot to ones credibility... I know... I know... a novel concept... :olleyes:

This conversation is getting old... The news media is now starting to catch up, and soon you will all be hearing through your standard channels what some of us have been trying to tell you all along. When reality hits, I hope you can honestly evaluate your choice and then ask yourself if this one moment in history was worth the consequences it's caused...

You'll have to actually pay attention and get informed to know that for sure...

If I meet them I usually buy them food, what I'm speaking about is taking some of your money and giving back to the community you got it from. If you reinvest in the people around, you limit the possibility they'll be a pain in the ass later in life.

Catching up? let me remind you maybe you need to go back a few weeks and read over some of my posting, what you think you know about Obama, could'nt even scratch the surface of what I know about all of them, you won't open my eyes, maybe some else, But before you open some other persons eyes remember this quote from a month ago "Dems and Repubs are basically the same, just one comes through the front door and the other the window" what you think you know, you don't really know at all. No politician moves me, None.

However the Attributes I saw in President elect Obama is that he ran a respectable campaign and won, He showed people that they have more in common, over what their minor differences are, and he inspired those who the torched will be passed to next, I'm tired of seeing old ass white men running this country, there are other faces who make this nation what it is, and therefore they should be partakes in making some of the decisions in the country they were born in an love. Plus you'll love this, he just coincidentally happened to be Black or Bi-racial(which ever suits you) lol. Oops, let me nip it in the bud before you begin, Jesse Jackson(MLK wanna be) or Al (the Pastor Perm) Sharpton, although they may have their function on a local level, could never perform on a National theater , because they could never mobilize people in such a manner, to set aside their differences( they're a mirror image of r wingers like Mr Karl, Rush, and Mr Slick talker Sean Hannity) they just happened to be of Afro-American persuasion).

As for religion, I'll always get on R wingers for that, because they are hypocrites, they speak out of 2 different ends of their body, it just depends on which end your listening to.

American has a new face, a representation of it's true demographics now and more HOPEFULLY will be, Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, Bill Richardson of New Mexico, We've had Nellie Tayloe Ross of Wyoming along with a plethora of other woman governors after her. I would like a to see Asian governors also. Taxation without Representation is unconstitutional. I'll say it again young folks are leaving the twisted views of their parents behind ( you can take 10 children from 10 different backgrounds or nationalities and place them in a playground and they'll all play together with out any discrepancies as to who to play with or who looks like what, with in a few years of their parents indoctrination they'll start to focus more on what is not similar about them, from what they had in common. So in ending I'll leave you once again with a quote from Heraclitus "There is nothing permanent except change.", "Change is the only constant."

T.E.A.M = Together Everyone Accomplishes More

Quicksilver
11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
So because there are about 8 or 10 of us out of 1,675 members that are right winged, you think this whole site is right winged. Why don't you practice what you preach and let us stand up for what we believe in.
fail

I believe you have and are standing up for what you believe. Honestly you think 1675 members post on here? None the less what you said is worthless, you made statements, so did I, difference is you want me to shut up. I just want some moderation.

RCprince
11-07-2008, 11:27 AM
I always liked The Jeffersons, but you have to remember:

GEORGE JEFFERSON WORKED AND SAVED TO MOVE UP!

Andy

Avanti needs psychological help, he has a lot of hate built up in side of him, for what reason only he knows. maybe he needs to place some mileage on that passport if he has one, go see the real world. hillsborough County, you can't even find it on a map in comparison to the rest of the world. Thank god we have boats in common, otherwise I'd die from starvation due to the cerebral deficit.

Quicksilver
11-07-2008, 11:40 AM

Giving to charities is easy if you've been robbing the state all along.

I dare you to use a term besides liberals. Who are you refering to? I'm not even sure if anyone knows what a liberal is and/or who they are. I guess the best part of all this is you dont have a choice as to where your taxes go, which is probably for the best. However many who are against any fed assistance forget how we get money for needless wars. So "liberals" want to give a man a fish and neo-cons(love that term) want to give a man a fish, come back kill his family, give him another fish, teach him how to fish and then kill him. My point, wasted money. I'd rather waste money on my lazy neighbor(and I do have one of those), than spend it on bullets and bomb and than later for companies to clean up the mess only to blow it up again.

and dont give me some hippie traitor speak, by best friend is on a special ops mission right now in Iraq and I'd give my life for this country but even he knows he's just doing his job and not winning a damn thing

Darin Jordan
11-07-2008, 11:40 AM
However the Attributes I saw in President elect Obama is that he ran a respectable campaign and won, He showed people that they have more in common, over what their minor differences are, and he inspired those who the torched will be passed to next

Basically what you are saying here is that it's more important to give a good speech than it is to be qualified for the position... That's sad...

I would like a to see Asian governors also. Taxation without Representation is unconstitutional.

Come to Washington sometime... we had an "Asian" governer for MANY years, or haven't you heard of Gary Loche?? What did we get for it??? WAY higher taxes... A school system in shambles, even though he ran as the "Education Governer"... :olleyes: And, oh ya... one more thing... "Diversity", which is nothing more than Liberal code for SPECIAL RIGHTS for MINORITIES... All the while, leaving the rest of us who are actually a PART of the "Melting Pot" to fight and work and struggle with our own talent, knowledge, and skills, so the government can take our money and give it to these special interest groups...

Taxation without representation... give me a break... If it's so unconstitutional, then WHY do you Dems want to do it so much??? They sure as heck don't represent me when they talk about taking my 401K and then taxing me 5%, for my own good, of course, to put into what amounts to an expansion of Social Security...

Why are you people SOOOOO HUNG UP on Race, Color, Religion, etc., as dividing points for this society??? WHY can't you all just play with the same rules and on a level playing field and compete like the rest of us??? This has become a country SOOOOO divided, and it's NOT because of people like me, who couldn't give a rip what color you are or what religous background you have, but would are more interested in your values, and your actions, and how you treat others, and in YOU as a person. I could give a rip about the "Diverstity" crap... All taking part in that does is DIVIDE us further.

I'll say it again young folks are leaving the twisted views of their parents behind ( you can take 10 children from 10 different backgrounds or nationalities and place them in a playground and they'll all play together with out any discrepancies as to who to play with or who looks like what, with in a few years of their parents indoctrination they'll start to focus more on what is not similar about them, from what they had in common.

You know... this again shows you are simply out of touch... Do you even have kids???

Have you HEARD how kids treat each other on the playgroud??? Do you REALIZE how the Mexican kids completely dislike the Black kids, simply because of the color of thier skin?? Haven't you been listening, just in the last couple of days, to how LIBERAL teachers and students are coming down on kids who happen to be more conservative and may have supported McCain???

I'm sorry, but you seem to have your head in the clouds, and from the looks of things around this nation, you aren't alone...

Darin Jordan
11-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Giving to charities is easy if you've been robbing the state all along.

Another product of listening to limited media.... This is a rediculous claim...

I dare you to use a term besides liberals. Who are you refering to? I'm not even sure if anyone knows what a liberal is and/or who they are.

A Liberal is the opposite of a Conservative... These are general, readily accepted political terms, used by all forms of media... But you know that, and are just trying to pick a fight...

But in case you really don't know what it is, start your research here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal

RCprince
11-07-2008, 12:07 PM
B

Why are you people SOOOOO HUNG UP on Race, Color, Religion, etc., as dividing points for this society??? WHY can't you all just play with the same rules and on a level playing field and compete like the rest of us??? This has become a country SOOOOO divided, and it's NOT because of people like me, who couldn't give a rip what color you are or what religous background you have, but would are more interested in your values, and your actions, and how you treat others, and in YOU as a person. I could give a rip about the "Diverstity" crap... All taking part in that does is DIVIDE us further.
You know... this again shows you are simply out of touch... Do you even have kids???

Darin your killing me bruh, seriously First off, Neo better yet old Cons are hung up on all the above, that was their, how does John McCain put it" My friends this is our Fundamental ideology":sarcasm1: seriously darin, you really believe those children are pre indoctrination like I mentioned. People are not born racist, classist or sexist, they are taught so by an influential adult.l

Darin Jordan
11-07-2008, 12:17 PM
People are not born racist, classist or sexist, they are taught so by an influential adult.l

Again... do you HAVE kids??? If you don't, then you don't really know what you are talking about... If you do, then you can believe what you want to believe...

I have two kids, and when they first started encountering "race" as an issue, it was NOT from an "influential adult"... it was a natural, visceral reaction to someone being different from them... It was up to US as PARENTS (influential adults) to help them work through these NATURAL feelings and realize that we were all equal... Birthday parties around here are definately multi-culteral events now, thanks to this guidance...

"Inflential Adults" help kids to NOT be "racist", or to worry about the differences, instead, seeing the person...

"Diversity" Training, however, brings the differences to the forefront and asks us to "celebrate" them... further highlighting how we are NOT the same and NOT equal... Counterproductive, in my opinion... I'd prefer not to focus on the "differences"... That would be more "Fundamental"...

And, for the record... The McCain campaign NEVER brought race up as an issue... but Obama did time and time and time again, and now Spike Lee and the rest of them are carrying on with it...

RCprince
11-07-2008, 12:23 PM
2 girls, 14 and 15, I also respectfully disagree with you.

Darin Jordan
11-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I also respectfully disagree with you.

GOD Bless AMERICA and all those who have fought, and died, to give you that right! :thumbup1: (Even if I respectfully think you are wrong... but I'm willing to consider your viewpoint and change mine if I figure out that mine is wrong... ;) )

Ub Hauled
11-07-2008, 12:33 PM
......People are not born racist, classist or sexist, they are taught so by an influential adult.l

Being from a country that has less of at least the racist part, I have to agree with this statement. I have two kids they get along with all the kids they meet, of course they have squalls... but over toys, and who gets to ride first on the slide... they really don't care about race, sex or FICO score... they just wanna play. At least that is my experience with my kids and as an ex-kid myself... well almost :smile:
Something you guys have to realize is that we are all in the same boat, each and everyone of you is entitled to take a stand on what you think is right, just remember that your freedom ends where the next ones begins. We all have to paddle on the same direction, the style you do it doesn't really matter. :thumbup:

RCprince
11-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Darrin is giving a damn reading comprehension course, I've never wrote so much on a forum, but it's all good, all in love.

Meniscus
11-07-2008, 01:14 PM
...Something you guys have to realize is that we are all in the same boat...

Is this a tunnel? mono? (thinking I may be out on one of those riggers holding the pieces together, LMAO!)

You all are funny :lol:

So which country are we moving to again? Do I have to pay corporate taxes for doing business in the US?...........oh crap! :doh:

Darin Jordan
11-07-2008, 01:17 PM
... I've never wrote so much on a forum, but it's all good, all in love.

:bounce:

I get a little carried away sometimes... But I do think a healthy and spirited debate actually brings us all to a much greater level of understanding, both of the issues and of each other... even if we ultimately disagree...

Of course... I'm right and your wrong... but that's just a given! :lol: :lol: :beerchug:

Flying Scotsman
11-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCprince
......People are not born racist, classist or sexist, they are taught so by an influential adult.l

Boy, is that ever the truth my dad was the CEO of an armoured car company in the UK. One day an employee ( union manager) approached him on a recent hire and stated I think this person is a catholic as I can smell them from a mile away and he will disrupt the harmony of other employees. My father replied he was hired on his merits not his religion. I worked for my dad at this time and I found a new respect for him with his handling of the matter.

Douggie

ghostofpf1
11-07-2008, 01:25 PM
BS..racism is learned.....not a natural reaction to someone being "different" :olleyes:

Sweet buddha where do you people get these ideas :doh:
Ghost

Darin Jordan
11-07-2008, 01:46 PM
BS..racism is learned.....not a natural reaction to someone being "different" :olleyes:

While I think generally "racism" or "hatred" are sustained and strengthened in the home and by sorroundings, there is plenty of evidence available that there are natural components to the equation that leave a definitive answer open for debate. There is a natural propensity to gravitate toward those more "like ourselves"... and to be "cautious" of those not...

Just a couple of quick examples of various discussions supporting different views:

http://www.aarpmagazine.org/people/Articles/a2004-03-18-mag-hatred.html

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1000913

http://www.theforumsite.com/forum/post/3080336

You can't just point to one part of it and think you are "right", you have to deal with the whole picture...

In our home, we have no "racism"... and yet, my kids discovered that there were differences and gravitated away from some of those, until we intervened and explained to them that they were focusing on the wrong things... They now see beyond the skin color or race and there is no issue...

But then, we live without a lot of external family influences that might otherwise introduce ideas into their heads that they didn't originally have, or to reinforce natural concerns before we, as caring parents, have a chance to discuss with them and help point them to look deeper...

Just my experience... Your milage may vary...

Avanti
11-07-2008, 01:59 PM
fail

I believe you have and are standing up for what you believe. Honestly you think 1675 members post on here? None the less what you said is worthless, you made statements, so did I, difference is you want me to shut up. I just want some moderation.

I have not told one person to shut up or keep their opinion to themselves?

Why do some people feel the need to lie to get ahead??

Avanti
11-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Avanti needs psychological help, he has a lot of hate built up in side of him, for what reason only he knows. maybe he needs to place some mileage on that passport if he has one, go see the real world. hillsborough County, you can't even find it on a map in comparison to the rest of the world. Thank god we have boats in common, otherwise I'd die from starvation due to the cerebral deficit.

Yes I do have a lot of hate, but color is not the issue with me, I hate people in general. :shrug:

I don't live in Hillsborough. I have traveled plenty, and when I get my debt taken care of (through MY own hard work, since it was myself that put me in debt) I will travel more.

Yeah boats are cool

RCprince
11-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Even instincts can be tamed, and we have the ability to think rational and act irrational.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/130/344981157_2b91546bdb.jpg?v=0

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/aangeiinchainzz/dog-kissing-cat-734713.jpg

http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/dog-cat.jpg

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/30/dog_cat.jpg

Dog can't stop kissing cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qlyqyWp2yk

Flying Scotsman
11-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Avanti, your boat knowledge is superb. Just cool the jets on the political forum. Also your avatar is not cool.
Take care

Douggie

Ub Hauled
11-07-2008, 03:16 PM
In our home, we have no "racism"... and yet, my kids discovered that there were differences and gravitated away from some of those, until we intervened and explained to them that they were focusing on the wrong things... They now see beyond the skin color or race and there is no issue...

But then, we live without a lot of external family influences that might otherwise introduce ideas into their heads that they didn't originally have, or to reinforce natural concerns before we, as caring parents, have a chance to discuss with them and help point them to look deeper...

Just my experience... Your mileage may vary...

Darin, your kids may be older then mine, I have not seen my kids have that kinda reaction yet... it may still to come... and then I'd do the same thing you did.

Darin Jordan
11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Darin, your kids may be older then mine, I have not seen my kids have that kinda reaction yet... it may still to come... and then I'd do the same thing you did.

Mine are now 9 and 7... Unfortunately, we still have to remind them from time to time, since their schoolmates can send home undesired ideas now and then... So far, so good, however.

I look forward to the day when people stop focusing on the differences so much, and start focusing on how we are the same. Might be a long time coming, from the sounds of it...

Avanti
11-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Avanti, your boat knowledge is superb. Just cool the jets on the political forum. Also your avatar is not cool.
Take care

Douggie

I feel like Charlie Brown, whys everybody always picking on me :bounce:

I already changed my avatar once, I will consider changing it again, but only because your a Scot (my father and grandmother were born in Edinburgh, I have a ton of family there).

Flying Scotsman
11-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I feel like Charlie Brown, whys everybody always picking on me :bounce:

I already changed my avatar once, I will consider changing it again, but only because your a Scot (my father and grandmother were born in Edinburgh, I have a ton of family there).
Your new avatar is fantastic

Douggie

Spot Me 2
11-07-2008, 04:57 PM
with policies that the Left proposes that simply WON'T WORK! .

Sure they do. Just look at the inner city of any major city in the US. Their policies have been working great!!!:olleyes: Wellfare is now a way of life. Let continue the free handout for doing nothing. It's been working so well.:olleyes:

NorthernBoater
11-07-2008, 05:59 PM
If Obama is so great then why do I always feel like I am getting a blank stare when I ask someone why is so great? It seems that the general answer is that they like what he stands for and do not have any reason for it. So far there has been no links that have shown what is so great about Obama. There have been plenty of links that have portrayed him in a negative way. He voted for all the tax increases and against the tax cuts.

Avanti
11-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Your new avatar is fantastic

Douggie
I thought you might like it

AndyKunz
11-07-2008, 07:27 PM
and dont give me some hippie traitor speak, by best friend is on a special ops mission right now in Iraq and I'd give my life for this country but even he knows he's just doing his job and not winning a damn thing

OK, so now even Time (left) and Newsweek (not quite as left) are admitting that the buildup was good and effective. How come your buddy isn't winning anything? Are you referring to a lottery, or to the military successes that the Iraqi Army is having (with and without our help)?

Andy

AndyKunz
11-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Sure they do. Just look at the inner city of any major city in the US. Their policies have been working great!!!:olleyes: Wellfare is now a way of life. Let continue the free handout for doing nothing. It's been working so well.:olleyes:

I was a Bus Pastor for my church for the year prior to moving to IL. My route was in the "bad" parts of Bethlehem, PA. I had to deal with racism every day with these kids, and yes, it was taught to them by their parents. The Puerto Ricans and blacks hated each other - but some of them because best friends that year. There were 5-8 whites on the bus, and 40-50 of other backgrounds (yup, I was definitely a minority). Most of the kids' families were pro-Obama because "he's gonna deliver us" or "he's just like us" - because their teachers told them that. A few were anti-Obama because "he's just like us - my parents want somebody who grew up in a stable home, whose mother didn't have a bunch of lovers, who doesn't have to play black against white." But those were the kids whose parents, though imperfect (just like me!), wanted to hold a higher standard up for their kids.

Ex-president Clinton disgusts me. It's not fun to have to tell your kids what a b***-job is, or oral s**. I sure hope we aren't heading in that direction again, but I have a feeling it's going to be something along those lines, maybe worse. Maybe that's what The Muslim Messiah was saying when he was talking about being like JFK.

President Bush has his failings too (just like you and me) but at least he's not known around the world as a philanderer. He's a man that other countries respect, even if they dislike other things about him.

Remember who brought racism into the election. It wasn't a white guy!

Andy

Flying Scotsman
11-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Andy, you are illuminating as usual, but some of your comments in regards to Clinton are off the wall. We are all human...Mea Culpa
I will always love your point of view...DISCOURSE

Douggie

RCprince
11-07-2008, 07:59 PM
The Muslim Messiah

Andy

Where would you like me to start at the crusaders, so I can impose on you the historical facts of Christianity and Islam they both are like democrats and Republicans... Selling people pipe dreams.

Flying Scotsman
11-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Where would you like me to start at the crusaders, so I can impose on you the historical facts of and Christianity and Islam they both are like democrats and Republicans... Selling people pipe dreams.
Wo wo Master Prince. History was my BA , The Crusaders were a bunch of idiots,

Douggie

rockwerks
11-07-2008, 08:13 PM
As long as we are off on tangents.....did you know that ts estimated more people where slaughtered under the guise of Christianity during the crusades than all wars combined since............interesting facts are funi

RCprince
11-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Wo wo Master Prince. History was my BA , The Crusaders were a bunch of idiots,

Douggie

Trust me, their dna strands are still running rampant, disguised in the Neo Cons agenda.

Darin Jordan
11-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Trust me, their dna strands are still running rampant, disguised in the Neo Cons agenda.

:olleyes: :olleyes: :olleyes:

Who is REALLY in "Fear" here??? :olleyes:

Darin Jordan
11-07-2008, 10:24 PM
All you Conservatives out there... Here is a good resource to get us started in taking this nation back in 2012... maybe even getting something back in 2010 (Senate seats, etc...)

Let's start studying up and getting a base solidified again. We need to get some LOGIC back into this society so it will truely start working properely again...

http://www.heritage.org/

"United we Stand. Divided (i.e.: with this incorrect notion of "diversity") we FALL!"

I don't give a hoot what color, creed, or race you are... We need to stand together and actually stand for SOMETHING... THAT is what will separate us from the Libs... They may "stand together", but they have no idea what they are standing FOR! Well... other than "Change and Hope"...

Steven Vaccaro
11-08-2008, 07:00 AM
After reading all these posts, our sides are still the same. We have all hunkered down. All this thread is doing is deepening the bad feelings amongst us rc boaters. Its time to move on from this thread and await the future. I for one am looking forward to all this "CHANGE" I have been hearing about for 2 years, but been told nothing substantial about what will be changed(except for taxes). So lets bring this back up in 2009 when President Obama starts his "Changes".