PDA

View Full Version : soldering and wire size for sf 300

rainfly
08-26-2016, 01:51 PM
I have a new sf 300. I am using 2, 4s in parallel. the batteries use 10awg and xt90 connectors.
my questions are. can I solder one of the esc wires to the other like a splice and the two lead wires into a splice, then butt joint the two and solder? like a 2-1, and 2-1? or is it better to try and joint solder all 4 together in one big joint? the esc is using 8awg. can I drop down to 10awg for the pig tails? I am having trouble with the 8 on the connector end. i also have to solder in the bec leads. do i need to use the spark wire with 4s?
thanks. fly..

boredom.is.me
08-26-2016, 03:40 PM
First of all, you shouldn't be using XT90 connectors. You shouldn't using anything smaller than 5.5mm bullets.

There is also a reason why the ESC came with 8awg. Reducing wire size increases resistance and would have similar effects to having too much wire length.

What I am personally looking into to doing is wiring each battery directly to each ESC, but having smaller gauge wire between each side to keep them balanced. Many people do not connect the sides which may lead to one side draining faster than the other.

oscarel
08-26-2016, 04:20 PM
You have to connect the + to + and - to - on these. What you do after that is up to you. Check in this folder (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/forumdisplay.php?123-Hifei-(Swordfish)-ESC-s-Q-amp-A) there are examples already posted. Also make sure the cooling lines aren't plugged.