PDA

View Full Version : My mini rio very tuned

ferreret
11-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi! It's my second post in this forum, and I present my Aquacraft Mini rio tuned. I'm from Mallorca(Spain), and I usually use my boat in small bay at sea. My boat is reinforced thinking in protect the electronics, and use it with waves. Here is a video of the boat and all the custom made parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDkLLvBELm0

See you!

egneg
11-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Nice boat - runs great!

Chop
11-02-2008, 12:01 PM
WOW! That looks good. I am about to start modifying mine. Nice Video.

teach
11-02-2008, 01:28 PM
VERY nice!

tth
11-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Nice job she runs really good!!!

ferreret
11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm pleased by the interest that has been the post of my mini rio. I have spent many hours working in the boat, but now I am satisfied and happy with it.
For me it was very difficult to begin, because in Spain we don't have history of this hobby, and all I learn it was in american forum, and my english don't goes very fluently . I have done a lot of searching in internet to do my boat, and to try the best electronics. I have experience in composites(resins, carbon), and I apply this experience in the reinforcements I have done in my boat, thinking in do it leakproof, because I navigate in salt water. In the way, I fried the original electronics using Duratrax VR3 motor, with fire included(The wires!!!), a Futaba receiver, a brushed ESC... all the time with the problem of water inside. At the end, the water fell by the propeller shaft because the extra weight of the reinforcements. I solve this problems with a ball bearing of a part of RC helicopter (Lama 2), and now me boat is dry inside.
If I can help anybody in my limited knowledge, I will try. Or take a detail picture to copy ideas.

For me the best changes has been to put the rudders more separate and more on back (About 1cm). Now I can go full trottle with 11.1 V(lipo battery) with control. I have a friend with the same electronics and same boat, and is uncontrollable. I like very much the Turnigy ESC and brushless, because is cheap and resist salt water. (www.hobbycity.com).

Thanks from the other side of the Atlantic

RadicalRay
11-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Nice work, I was thinking of getting a Mini Rio now I will, thanks for the ideas. Might need your help when I start modifying it