PDA

View Full Version : no throttle

launchpad
08-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Hello out there.I have been trying to figure out this throttle problem.I program the esc and when I go to test it all I get is steering but no throttle.Anyone have an idea of what the problem could be? Thanks

Fluid
08-20-2016, 02:09 PM
Wow, is this a car or a plane ESC?

j/k. We need a lot more information, like exactly the following:

- what boat
- what ESC
- what radio
- what programming
- what motor
- what packs/voltage

Tell us the above "exactly" and perhaps we can help.

launchpad
08-20-2016, 03:05 PM
Wow, is this a car or a plane ESC?

j/k. We need a lot more information, like exactly the following:

- what boat
- what ESC
- what radio
- what programming
- what motor
- what packs/voltage

Tell us the above "exactly" and perhaps we can help.

Hello;
Sorry about that!I should have put the info in.
The boat is sv27,ruff but still runs until now.
Esc is a hobbyking 70amp esc with programmer
Radio is a Flysky along with the receiver
The motor is a sss3674 - 2200 kv
Batteries are 7.4 volts lipos
I had to renew alot of parts as I kind of hit a dock full out.
I have been playing with boats for awhile and this is a first for me.
Any help would be greatly appreciate it.Hopefully I got all the info you needed.If not let me know.

boredom.is.me
08-20-2016, 08:59 PM
Was it soaked? I found that some ESCs will still provided power even after they are no longer functional.

launchpad
08-21-2016, 09:57 AM
Was it soaked? I found that some ESCs will still provided power even after they are no longer functional.

Hi; No it has not been soaked.How can I get power from a soaked esc?

trigger
08-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Have you followed the throttle calibration instructions available on the hobbyking web page?

Fluid
08-21-2016, 11:09 AM
Okay, I'll try this again:

- exactly which ESC? HK doesn't show a 70 amp marine ESC on their site now so I can't look at the manual.
- exactly which model FlySky radio?
- what voltage are you running to the ESC, 7.4 or 14.8?

One more:
Did the ESC ever work in your boat?

I am being very specific because it is very difficult to diagnose these problems over the Internet. There are several reasons why the ESC is not powering the motor and we want enough information to try to help.

trigger
08-21-2016, 12:37 PM
No matter which AMP ESC you get of the Hobbyking type as an example http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__28224__HobbyKing_120A_Boat_ESC_4A_UBEC.html

The intructions are the same http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/842133110X337002X22.pdf

Fluid
08-21-2016, 12:50 PM
Fine, then you fix his problem. :olleyes:

trigger
08-21-2016, 02:08 PM
I was only trying to be helpful.........After all this is what the forum is about. :Peace_Sign:

Also the throttle neutral area is not always centered on these, and if using a stock tactic radio, you have to open up the neutral range to 12%. (I see you're not but might be worth trying)

All that said, I've had a few of these and not any two have been the same, some don't program, some do, some centered "off center". Really just best to pony up a few extra $$ and buy a better ESC. I know that doesn't help you fix your issue, but it might in the future.