PDA

View Full Version : cnc props

Flanders
07-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Hi first time posting

just ordered 2 cnc props a 43mm 3/16 bore and 42mm 3/16 high pitch and the 42mm does not appear to be finished especially on the leading edge the 43mm looks ready to run like i expected the 42mm does not not sure if i should order another any help would be appreciated

dasboata
07-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Hi welcome aboard you can send them to me I will finish them for you that is my business thanks chris

Flanders
07-11-2016, 05:28 PM
hi thanks dasboata but i was just wondering if this was a normal thing for a cnc prop one came and looks ready to try while the other definitely looks like it was not done completely leading edge is very thick weather i should return it and order another ?

but since you brought it up what would you charge to do props?. I just don't have the time to do props lately and not very good at it wich is why i was trying the cnc prop a little less work involved i thought

dasboata
07-11-2016, 05:53 PM
$25 each. I have seen CNC props sharper but I don't deal in them to often ,,, so the other guys can answer you better good luck !!!

Ronbo
07-23-2016, 09:37 PM
They come that way. I take a blue or red polishing pads (usually blue, not as course) in a 90deg air grinder on low rpm at work and then polish/sharpen them that way. I check the balance the best I can (cnc are light, but they can get out of balance). I love the cncs, wish there were more for the right hand CW props I need.
If you don't have access to air grinder/polisher, by hand would work with a file for sharpening.

785boats
07-24-2016, 08:50 PM
I think there is definitely something wrong there Flanders.
The leading edge looks a thick as the trailing edge. That's not right. I've never seen a CNC prop like that & I have more than just a few from different manufacturers. I'd be asking for another one. It should definitely look like the 42mm prop that you have. But even that could do with a bit of a sharpen. I touch mine up with a fine file & a bit of emery paper.

Flanders
07-27-2016, 05:14 PM
thanks for the help sent an email off with the same pics and asked about return but no response back so i attempted to sharpen and balance but may have done more harm then good. A week later i finally get a response about returning it for another but to late now and i am still without the prop i wanted first experience with company was not a good one!

boredom.is.me
07-27-2016, 10:46 PM
Just tell them everything. It was a dead prop any way.

ray schrauwen
07-28-2016, 11:17 AM
Just an FYI. Some cnc props start out from a casting, not billet material. Saves machining time. Some are better than other. Buyer beware.