PDA

View Full Version : Blackjack 24 loss of power HELP!

Taskmaster
07-10-2016, 04:45 PM
I bought my first boat a blackjack 24 it's a fun boat. I got to run about 3 packs through and now all the sudden it has a loss of power at about half throttle. Flex shaft looks fine motor runs fine when flex shaft is not installed. What might the problem be?:help:

DBJr
07-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Sounds like the ESC might be on it's way out.

The 30A ESC included in this boat is too small in my opinion. Especially on 3S. Get yourself a Hobbywing Seaking 60A ESC and enjoy.

That's what I run in mine and it works great. I fried the stock ESC when I tried out an Octura X640 prop. Now I run an Octura M440 prop and that one seems to give me a bit more speed.

Luck as a Constant
07-10-2016, 11:00 PM
What kind of batteries?

Taskmaster
07-11-2016, 08:39 AM
What kind of batteries?
I use acegens 5000mah 2s 50c and a 3s 5000mah 50c.

Buggybasher.28
07-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Sounds like the ESC might be on it's way out.

The 30A ESC included in this boat is too small in my opinion. Especially on 3S. Get yourself a Hobbywing Seaking 60A ESC and enjoy.

That's what I run in mine and it works great. I fried the stock ESC when I tried out an Octura X640 prop. Now I run an Octura M440 prop and that one seems to give me a bit more speed.

Would you be able to check the esc?

DBJr
07-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Well, when mine crapped out, I heard a pop and then it just made the motor stutter rather than run normally and the steering servo still worked as usual. It didn't spew smoke at all which really surprised me. From what I've heard, an ESC can die a rather quiet death like mine did or potentially burst into flames and take out the entire boat with it.

I did forget to ask, did you know if anything was abnormally hot even though the stock motor in this boat runs hot anyway although since I live in FL, 90 degree pond water doesn't really do much for cooling.

And since batteries were mentioned, how old are yours, are they new or fairly new or do they have a lot of run time on them???