PDA

View Full Version : Inside the box layout?

Dragon
10-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi All, I'm very new to boats, but have plenty of experience is R/C cars and Helis... I have some noob questions.

I just picked myself up a used (and hopefully not too abused) one of these BJ26s. I needed a few pieces here and there, which I now have in hand. What I can't figure out, is how to stuff it all in the new radio box I got, and seal it up. How should the receiver, ESC, servo, switch and all the wires fit in the box? The receiver really goes right under the ESC? doesn't that cause interference, especially with the stock AM radio? Can I get a few pictures with your lids off so I can see how it's laid out?

I have a Nomadio React with a spare receiver that came out of the car I sold to get the boat (:-))... Would it be ok in this boat, on the water? I've read a couple places that DSM radios are not recommended for on the water.

Thanks...

Looking forward to getting this going before the pond freezes up on me.

MAXAMUS
10-30-2008, 04:24 AM
Hi All, I'm very new to boats, but have plenty of experience is R/C cars and Helis... I have some noob questions.

I just picked myself up a used (and hopefully not too abused) one of these BJ26s. I needed a few pieces here and there, which I now have in hand. What I can't figure out, is how to stuff it all in the new radio box I got, and seal it up. How should the receiver, ESC, servo, switch and all the wires fit in the box? The receiver really goes right under the ESC? doesn't that cause interference, especially with the stock AM radio? Can I get a few pictures with your lids off so I can see how it's laid out?

I have a Nomadio React with a spare receiver that came out of the car I sold to get the boat (:-))... Would it be ok in this boat, on the water? I've read a couple places that DSM radios are not recommended for on the water.

Thanks...

Looking forward to getting this going before the pond freezes up on me.

Hi
here is a photo that shows the stock layout of the radio box http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1646568
i hope this helps some people have removed the radio box to lower the center of gravity but with that if you haven't upgraded and perhaps have a waterproof ESC etc then comes the issue of keeping water out of your components

Dragon
10-30-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks! I did find a couple of pictures of boats where guys have taken the box out... I don't want a chance of gettin' stuff wet. Water and electronics don't usually mix well. I drove a couple of R/C trucks through some big puddles many, many years ago and fried a receiver or two. :)

So, the switch just kind of sits there? or is it velcro'd down or something? I noticed the servo wire in underneath... makes sense. on mine it comes up through and is on top and in the way. Is the ESC stuck down too? So, in this layout, the ESC cannot be removed without un soldering the plugs... that's normal?

Thanks again.

MAXAMUS
10-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks! I did find a couple of pictures of boats where guys have taken the box out... I don't want a chance of gettin' stuff wet. Water and electronics don't usually mix well. I drove a couple of R/C trucks through some big puddles many, many years ago and fried a receiver or two. :)

So, the switch just kind of sits there? or is it velcro'd down or something? I noticed the servo wire in underneath... makes sense. on mine it comes up through and is on top and in the way. Is the ESC stuck down too? So, in this layout, the ESC cannot be removed without un soldering the plugs... that's normal?

Thanks again.

Well the switch just sits there or you could do as propnutt an others have done and add this http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-203

see thread
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=3044&page=6 will give you loads of great info and was a great guide for me and still is

the esc is not fixed in the stock set up but as you say kind of stuck due to the rubber boot and the only way would be to remove the plugs