PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Nats Scale roll call

Ronbo
06-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Shout out to anyone here running Scale hydros at the FE Nats here in Marysville, WA in August. Post here with what hull(s) you are bringing. With more than a month out now, we have an excellent showing of 1/10th scale Unlimited hydros with 26 boats between the 2 classes of Classic (vintage) and Modern. 1/8th scale is at 9 boats.

I would say over half the boats or better are a really good representation of the fastest and most competitive from the PNW. Looking forward to racing against those from other parts of the country.

Myself I will bring 1971 Miss Madison for Classic (vintage) and 2014 Oberto in Modern.

rayzerdesigns
06-28-2016, 06:21 PM
modern u-100 the boat...and no cheater motors at nats please..i know of a few up there honing thier himax motors and changing the bearings..tech will be enforced

JimClark
06-28-2016, 06:24 PM
1967 Bardahl
I am registered but don't think I am running anything

Ronbo
06-28-2016, 06:48 PM
modern u-100 the boat...and no cheater motors at nats please..i know of a few up there honing thier himax motors and changing the bearings..tech will be enforced

I would watch those unfounded rumors of cheater motors spread by someone who is banned from racing up here.

Fluid
06-28-2016, 07:10 PM
I have no dog in this particular hunt, but as a NAMBA district director to me this is yet another indication of the problems with "spec" motors. Unless there is a strict motor tech of the winners' motors, there will always be doubts about the legality of those motors - justified or not. I have seen this problem as far back as the 1998 Nats. I wish the Nats scale boaters the best of luck, and hope that the specter of "illegal" motors doesn't cause problems...although there is already an issue as the posts above indicate.

Ronbo
06-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Fluid,
What have you seen in the past?

In scale hydro racing here, prop, boat setup and driving is what is the winning combo in scale unlimited. Whether we are running slower kv motors (1210kv) to NAMBA spec to unlimited motors, those are the deciding factors.

Please lets keep this on topic of whos coming with what boats. Thanks.

rayzerdesigns
06-29-2016, 03:36 AM
I would watch those unfounded rumors of cheater motors spread by someone who is banned from racing up here.

Unfounded?? And who is banned.. I have personally seen more than 5 of these motors and have seen the texts and emails.. Just saying there will be tech.. If you have to cheat to win.. Pretty pathetic

Ronbo
06-29-2016, 04:08 AM
We can take this to PM, but if you have proof please present it. Otherwise, tech away to your hearts desire.

leonard feeback
06-29-2016, 07:18 PM
I think Ronbo was asking WHAT boat and year you are running. Not to get an issue started on this thread about motors. IMO

Martysh
07-04-2016, 09:36 AM
Bringing 2 1/8 scale modern hulls - Not sure what hull i will be running yet

Marty

Ronbo
07-04-2016, 04:11 PM
1/8th scale runs all years (round and modern) together don't they?

Coug90
07-12-2016, 02:12 AM
I plan to be there with my 1:10 Scale old 55 Gale V and my 85 Squire Shop/Brittania. It should be a blast. Looking forward to it. It sucks when folks start making accusations like cheating. I don't know the guy, but I've read the rulebook. I have two pretty old motors. If I wanted to stay within the rules and have old bearings to replace, what bearings are legal and what are illegal and who would you buy them from? I have no idea what to buy. Hell, I could be running "illegal bearings" already. Maybe someone out there can shed light on that. I'm sure I'm not be the only one out there looking to make sure his stuff if as good as it can be without breaking any rules before nats. Maybe in a new thread? Personally, I don't care what bearings folks run, but if there are illegal ones, we'd best get the word out with what you should replace old ones with, or illegal ones with if you have them. Is there a list of legal bearings for us to buy?

Ronbo
07-12-2016, 06:48 AM
We need another scale motor only thread to discuss motors for 1/10th scale. per NAMBAs rules, the interpretation is that cannot go into the motor, so bearings cannot be changed. Which is why I like our PNW rules in both clubs.

namba688
07-20-2016, 11:58 AM
Unfounded?? And who is banned.. I have personally seen more than 5 of these motors and have seen the texts and emails.. Just saying there will be tech.. If you have to cheat to win.. Pretty pathetic
Ray start a thread in Namba rules and state what you have seen and heard.

rayzerdesigns
07-22-2016, 12:17 PM
Ted I have thought about it but as much flak as I got from it I will text u about it.. It's just pretty sad that people have to cheat.. Yes it's competitive.. But rules are rules for a reason... As I said before.. I know who a few of these individuals are.. And tech will happen.. See you all at nats.. Looking fed to the last fe nats to be held individually as of now

Ronbo
07-22-2016, 02:30 PM
This is the last time Im going to say this. This is thread is a shout out to those bringing unlimited hulls to Nats. Take the banter over to this thread http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?55253-Motor-bearings-question-for-spec-motor-classses

Seems a few expert are there.