PDA

View Full Version : Anti spark leads ?

Andris Golts
06-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Hi all i have a Swordfish pro 220 Amp 6s esc in the instructions step #6 says to plug in the anti spark leads together. What are anti spark leads ? Do i need anti spark leads ? Should a local hoddy shop sell them ? Regards Andris Golts.

boredom.is.me
06-23-2016, 01:27 AM
Have you ever plugged in a high voltage (pretty much anything above 4s) pack before? An arch is often created. This arch is the "spark" we refer to. The arch is a result of the coltage difference beteen your pack and your electronics. The purpose of the anti spark lead is to eliminate this arch by restricting current flow (voltage). This allows the capacitors on your ESC to gradually build voltage equal to that of the pack. When you plug in your main battery leads, there is no spark since the system is already energized.

Even the anti spark happpens within fractions of a second, but that is still a lit smoother than instant everything.

As far as where to get them, all you need is a matching bullet connector on a small wire attached to the appropriate lead on the battery. The ESC should have the resistor for the anti spark on it.