PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Lake of the Ozarks Mini Shootout

keithbradley
06-19-2016, 12:51 PM
The message in red was posted by Roger L. on another forum:

It's that time of year again for the 2016 Mini Shootout. We are pleased to announce Captain Ron's as the 2016 Mini Shootout sponsor. We are also very excited that Ha Ha Tonka State Park will be our new location and hopefully our final location. The shootout committee would like to thank our new event host Captain Ron's. Mark the dates August 20th & 21st with registration beginning Friday evening the 19th (Where? TBA).

20% discount at sleep inn in Camdenton for anyone coming for the mini-shootout. They have to call and use the code "mini-shootout". Call 573-346-4501 for reservations. Cannot be booked on-line to get the discounted rate. Rooms are $99.96 on Friday and Saturday night and $87.96 on Sunday night.

I've been going to this event for a few years now. It's in the perfect part of the country to be a possible meet-up for EVERYONE. There are no memberships or pre-qualifications required, just show up and run. Rewards are given out for the fastest of each class (there are a number of different gas and electric classes for different hull types, motor size/voltage, hull size, etc.) as well as a "Top Gun" award, given out to the overall fastest boat of the event, regardless of class.

This year the event is at a new location that is supposed to be in better water conditions. I urge everyone and anyone to come hang out and/or compete. This event is a lot of fun. :thumbup1:

Apophis
06-20-2016, 12:14 AM
Looking forward to this one :thumbup1:

keithbradley
06-22-2016, 11:32 PM
...Another update from Roger:

UPDATE: Enter fee is $30 per boat for 5 Run cards each Run card is worth 6 minutes of run time. You can bring boat in and make adjustments anytime during your 6 minutes. If you kill it and can retrieve it with tennis ball you are still on clock. But if you have to retrieve with rescue boat for any reason then your time is up.

Here is the schedule

Friday: Meet & Greet (Time/Place TBA)

Saturday
Racing: 8:00 to 11:30
Lunch: 11:30 to 1:00
Racing: 1:00 to 5:00

Sunday
Racing: 8:00 to 11:30
Lunch: 11:30 to 1:00
Racing: 1:00 to 3:30 (Awards to follow)

I am working on a list of classes

kingwrench
08-11-2016, 10:23 PM
2016 Mini Shoot out
Ha Ha Tonka
Course Rules, Safety information.

We will be running from Left to right.
Your Boat must pass the Outer commitment buoy, for the speed to count. Your boat must never go outside the course marker buoys. Going outside of the course marker buoy's, your boat will be designated out of bounds and you will be disqualified for that run card.
RTR class and Youth RTR class will not have to pass the outer commitment buoy. Due to the slower speeds of this class.
Runs are timed; 6 min per run card, a total of 5 run cards are given to each participant.
If your boat flips during a pass at the radar dock, that speed will be re-vuied by the officials and may be deemed a disallowed run. And your speed will not count.
During your timed runs you are allowed to make as many passes at the radar dock as you wish, Left to right clearing the outer commitment buoy.
During your timed runs you allowed to return to the dock and make adjustments, etc. Until your time expires.
If your boat flips and has to be retrieved by the rescue boat, your time has expired.
If returning to the dock to make adjustments and your boat dies, and has to be retrieved by the rescue boat your time has expired. If it can be reached by hand, or recovered by throw rope, string, of fishing line the clock will continue.
If time expires during a pass at the radar dock. That speed will not count.
If an official observes UN-safe/careless boat operation at any time, the first violation, you will receive a warning. The second violation will result in forfeiture of that run card; times will not count for that session. The third violation will result in the forfeiture of all run cards and the operator will not be allowed any further runs.
You must affix your registration number sticker in a visible area on your boat. If your number is not visible you will not be allowed to make a run.
You will need to announce your intentions to the time keeper, by handing your run card to the time keeper. The time keeper will announce who is next in line and who is on deck.

You need to make sure your boat is ready to run when your name is called, if you do not have your boat ready, your card will be placed last in the run order.
You can submit a run card at any time, it is up to you to plan and select the best conditions. Be mindful you have five cards.
It is up to the Mini Shootout coordinator, time permitting to release extra run cards to participants.
It is everyone's responsibility to operate their boats in a safe manner. Please report any violations to a volunteer immediately.
Please be mindful of the safety risks. Keep fuel out of direct sunlight and in approved containers. Extension cords and gen sets routed and placed to prevent trip hazards exhaust burns. Testing and bench tuning, razor sharp spinning propellers are hazards we are accustomed to, most spectators are not! So please watch the Props and curios fingers.
Arm bands will be issued to Boat operator/owner/crew and will be required to gain access to the docks
We will not be allowed to leave any motor vehicle on the site overnight, Trailers, EZ-Up’s tables etc. can be left on site. Security will be provided overnight Friday the 19th and Saturday the 20th. Please ensure EZ-Up canvass is pulled of the frame and the frame is tied down or weighted down to prevent it from blowing away.
I would recommend that any items of value be secured. The Shootout, Mini Shootout and members of the committee will not be held responsible for items Lost or stolen.

keithbradley
08-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Shouldn't the electric classes be 6s and less, then over 6s for HV Lance? Otherwise you can pretty much eliminate the LV class; 90% of people will be running 6s.

Apophis
08-11-2016, 10:32 PM
I was under the impression it was 6s and below, over 6s. How is a 6s boat supposed to compete with a 12s or 14s powered boat? I was brining two 6s powered boats and one 8s powered boat, now they are all the same class?? Might as well only run one...

keithbradley
08-11-2016, 10:42 PM
I was under the impression it was 6s and below, over 6s. How is a 6s boat supposed to compete with a 12s or 14s powered boat? I was brining two 6s powered boats and one 8s powered boat, now they are all the same class?? Might as well only run one...

We'll see what Lance says Shawn. I think that might be a copy and paste from last year and they decided to make it 6s after all.

kingwrench
08-11-2016, 11:04 PM
Error on my part, 6s or less. I will correct the rules and this post tomorrow. Not letting me make any changes now

Apophis
08-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Whew, had me worried lol. Thank you for the clarification :smile:

kingwrench
08-11-2016, 11:11 PM
Looking forward to seeing you all.

kingwrench
08-12-2016, 04:30 PM
2016 Ha Ha Tonka.
Mini Shootout Boat Classes
Gas - Nitro – Turbine Powered Boats

(G1) VEE: One gasoline Engine totaling no more than 27cc's, one Nitro Engine totaling no more than 16cc's
(G2) CAT: One gasoline Engine totaling no more than 27cc's, one Nitro Engine totaling no more than 16cc's
(G3) HYDRO/RIGGER: One gasoline Engine totaling no more than 27cc's, one Nitro Engine totaling no more than 16cc's
(G4) UNLIMITED VEE: Gasoline Engine or Engines totaling more than 27cc's, one Nitro Engine or Engines totaling more than 16cc's, any Turbine.
(G5) UNLIMITED CAT: Gasoline Engine or Engines totaling more than 27cc's, one Nitro Engine or Engines totaling more than 16cc's, any Turbine.
(G6) UNLIMITED HYDRO/RIGGER: Gasoline Engine or Engines totaling more than 27cc's, one Nitro Engine or Engines totaling more than 16cc's, any Turbine.
(G7) OFFSHORE: Any hull 55 inches or longer, this does not include hardware, a non electric propulsion system. The hull length will be verified during registration.

2016 Ha Ha Tonka.
Mini Shootout Boat Classes
Electric Powered Boats

(E1) VEE: Powered by battery or batteries 6s and less. Per motor.
(E2) CAT: Powered by battery or batteries 6s and less. Per motor.
(E3) HYDRO/RIGGER: Powered by battery or batteries 6s and less. Per Motor.
(E4) UNLIMITED VEE: Powered by battery or batteries greater than 6s. Per motor.
(E5) UNLIMITED CAT: Powered by battery or batteries greater than 6s. Per motor.
(E6) UNLIMITED HYDRO/RIGGER: Powered by battery or batteries greater than 6s. Per motor.
(E7) ELECTRIC OFFSHORE: Any hull 55 inches or longer, this does not include hardware, any electric propulsion system. The hull length will be verified during registration.

BRACKET CLASSES.

(RTRJ) Junior Class. Under 15 yrs of age. RTR boats- Minor boat mod's allowed. Upgraded prop, prop shaft, speed control, cooling systems, radio gear, graphics. Electric motor KV should be with in 100 kv of stock. Gas engine should be stock cc. See Tech for questions.

(Powder Puff) The name says it all, Battle of the Babes.

(RTR) For RTR boats, Minor boat mod's allowed. Upgraded prop, prop shaft, speed control, cooling systems, radio gear, graphics. Electric motor KV should be with in 100 kv of stock. Gas engine should be stock cc. See Tech for questions.