PDA

View Full Version : Wtb Airbrush paint

jeff180
10-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Im looking for some airbrush paint. Specifically im looking auto air paint.
I just got my airbrush and need to start painting.

thanks

egneg
10-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Why just auto-air?

jeff180
10-27-2008, 07:22 AM
I heard its just easier to work with and clean up. but never used it

vdubsport
10-27-2008, 11:55 AM
You can go online to www.tcpglobal.com and look for house of Kolor paint its were i get all my airbrush stuff from and its all thinned out and ready to spray.

egneg
10-27-2008, 05:44 PM
What airbrush and source of air? There are basically 3 types - water based, water borne, and uros. each has it's advantages and disadvantages. auto air has a very grainy texture and has to be built up in thin layers and heat set between coats - but is the safest to use. uros are a true automotive paint and the most durable but because of the solvents require a respirator to be used safely. The water borne are a combination of the 2 - safer to use, still have some solvents but are more durable than the water based. Depending on the type of paint used will determine how you clear coat - required with these types of paint. Uros are the major problem here as they require the clear, reducer, and a catalyst (also the most lethal) but the most durable and color fast. The others can be done with a rattle can which is much softer when dry and will yellow over time.

jeff180
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
I have a 25gallon craftsman compressor and I bought a master airbrush from tcpglobal.
I dont know that much about paints. I dont want to get too complicated here I just want to paint my boats and maybe guitar.

egneg
10-27-2008, 06:07 PM
In that case you can check the LHS for faskolor - just about the same as auto-air. here is how to use it.

http://www.parmapse.com/fas1.html

jeff180
10-27-2008, 09:41 PM
I was really looking to see if anyone had maybe 10 or more bottles of paint that they dont think they would use and could sell me.

thanks