PDA

View Full Version : ML Boatworks RSX310 , My 1st Outrigger design ever! 31", P/ P-ltd FE Rigger!

Pages : [1] 2

cybercrxt
06-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Hey everyone. I have talked about this for a few years now, but I finally am hustling to get this design finished, and built in the very near future. This is my first rigger design so its all new to me, however, I have put in the logic I have learned, along with some other guys that actually know Rigger design, and this is where I am at! As you can see, it has some things you have never seen in a rigger to help the build be easy as possible. the rear bottom plate is also the framework for the rear shoes, all in one piece. This will be light weight, and very strong. As you can see, the center section design is pretty much done, and I am working on the sponsons now. Yes, the top has a lot of curvature, I wanted this for looks...To combat that, the bottom has the quarter round included, just like my sport hydros...which has been extremely effective in controlling the hulls downforce. Right now, this will be a 31" design, but if it works like I hope, a 38" and probably 44" will follow...we just need to see how this goes! Give me your feedback on the look of the design, and the cowling! Thanks, Mike Luszcz, ML Boatworks

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310-3d-8_zpsfkd6s4xx.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310-3d-1_zpsktdzbppg.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310-3d-2_zpsl7tdgqbx.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310-3d-3_zpsbwqzt0zu.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310-3d-4_zpsivftwbge.jpg

cybercrxt
06-02-2016, 12:19 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310-3d-6_zpsp6uugqjq.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310-3d-7_zpswhrfrqtu.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310-3d-5_zpsc6xkeem7.jpg

Darin Jordan
06-02-2016, 12:44 PM
VERY cool, Mike...

Steven Vaccaro
06-02-2016, 01:17 PM
Nice.

bhorowitz
06-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Mike,
I can't wait to see the final drawings. I'm sure the kit will be fabulous just like the rest of your creations.
Bob

Tamelesstgr
06-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Looks very cool, you make me want to buy a kit versus trying to build one from scratch.

cybercrxt
06-03-2016, 08:32 AM
Thanks everyone. I hope this will be a good running hull!

T.S.Davis
06-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Mike, again with the 1/4 round air dam? Can't we design that out? Hate that. Otherwise, extremely cool.

Something to think about. Some guys attach the rear shoes with double sided 3m tape so that they can take them off with a piece of fishing line or mover them about etc.

cybercrxt
06-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Lol, those in the know understand the 1/4 round. Those that don't...still use hulls without it. The 1/4 round is not only there because it works, but it also makes the forward part of the center section be flatter as well, AND gives us FE guys what we always need more of...BATTERY ROOM. Ask Don Ferrette how he feels about the 1/4 round...He will tell you he has a lot of success, and records because of it. How can you hate something you have never used, or tried? Oh, you still run a whip....I stopped trying to fit FE in those 5 years ago...to much trouble :)

I don't want people adjusting something that once the design is proven doesn't need moving! The JAE doesn't have an adjustable ski? Crapshooters are not adjustable are they? These are set at 3.25 degrees AoA, just like the front sponsons, which is where they need to be.

That very thing is why the GP400 in nitro form was such a slow go. One of the first big name racers that built one decided to change up the sponson bottoms before ever even testing the hull, or put the COG where it was told it needed to be...and went out in public and made a disaster or a race weekend...hence all people saw was the top side of the boat, thinking it was a poor design. Another guy was bound and determined to remove the 1/4 round from his GP310...Went out and ran it, it was a disaster...added it back, and guess what..it worked great.

The cool thing is tho Terry, is this is just another option for people to try. If they don't like the looks, there are other options! That is the great thing about this hobby. I don't want to be like everyone else. That is pointless to me as a designer. If I am not testing new things, then I might as well shut down, and just buy other peoples designs. Don't you think?

T.S.Davis
06-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Oh I get it. Variety. Spice of life etc.

I don't like the 1/4 round because it looks like a design afterthought. Like the boats was designed, found to have too much lift, and then had an air dam added to salvage it. All your hydros have it so I know it isn't an after thought but many look at the boats and think WTF.

I haven't raced a Whip in it's out of the box state since 2008 maybe. Most people ask "is that a Whip?" I always say "sort of". I've change my Whips more than any. You're right, they're a major league PIA to make electric. I haven't built one in a 5 or so years.

I changed my 8255 too. Runs fantastic. Light on it's feet. Fun to drive. No hiccups. The Wildthing 36 runs very nearly perfect by the way. My son is loving the boat. Mild mods there. Heck, there's few I don't change to my liking. I changed the AQ Lucas too. That came out sweet.

Is the plan to place the batteries between the booms? On my JAE I run them behind the booms. Not better or worse. Just what works on mine. On a 2030 it's respectable but with the changes I made to that (haha more changes) I can't get much more motor in it.

When do you think these will be ready? I'll try one for P. Looks like a simple build. I promise to give your 1/4 round a chance. haha Let me know what the price is and I'll paypal ya when you're ready. Or heck, before you're ready is fine too. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking they want to try it.

T.S.Davis
06-03-2016, 10:18 AM
....for YOU TERRY? 2X.

cybercrxt
06-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Yeah, its definitely not an afterthought. Here is the thing, and why I like it so much. It allows me more design freedom. I can arch the top deck, giving my designs some character, not just dead flat from front to back. When your top deck is longer than your bottom deck, you get lift, so everyone else has to run their tops flat as can be, removing "airplane" wing lift. Because of the quarter round, I can effectively increase the bottom side distance, giving me the ability to add the nice, flowing top deck lines that I want to the hull. This ability to add height on the center section of the hull ALSO gives us FE guys way more battery room, not only in height, but it also allows the bottom of the hull to be at zero further forward, allowing for longer packs. It truly is a win win. A windshield wiper blade glued to the bottom...that's an afterthought. It gains you nothing other than stability. With the quarter round, you gain usable features! I also closely measure top deck, and bottom deck lengths on all my sport hydros, and this rigger. It's a key thing.

The JAE, while it is functional...it is just plain ugly. The top of the tub is dead flat, and looks porky at the back end. I just don't like it, and didn't want to do the same thing over again. I think most in the small, 4s FE world can agree...we have wanted a small rigger with some character for some time????

I will definitely let you know when stuff is ready to go man. I know you are just trying to figure out whats going on in this head of mine! I love the feedback, and love the challenge!

I am glad you like the 8255, and the Wildthing mono. That is great to hear the 36 Wildthing is running well...not many of them out there.

I am going to make molds of the Wildthing 32" this summer so I can make fiberglass Wildthing 32's, and then maybe the larger sizes later on.
Gotta make molds of the GSX310 and GSX380 sport hydros as well.

I am making a move towards glass hulls as it seems the wood boat building has died out :( and ML Boatworks is suffering because of it. Sales are down due to all these RTR glass hulls. I guess I have to change with the times. Not many make a glass rigger, so wood seems more accepted, so I don't think having a wood rigger kit will be an issue.

Gotta keep pushing forward..Progression is Priority!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/GSX380%20sport%20hydro/20140516_064458Medium_zpscebfddd0.jpg

T.S.Davis
06-03-2016, 10:52 AM
The JAE, while it is functional...it is just plain ugly. The top of the tub is dead flat, and looks porky at the back end. I just don't like it, and didn't want to do the same thing over again. I think most in the small, 4s FE world can agree...we have wanted a small rigger with some character for some time????

That thing is hideous IMO. That's why the mods. I dropped the tub down so that it barely fits a 3300 pack on it's side. Then I used a blister canopy to accommodate the motor. It barely works.

We do need a rigger that isn't boring.

785boats
06-03-2016, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE]
I am making a move towards glass hulls as it seems the wood boat building has died out and ML Boatworks is suffering because of it. Sales are down due to all these RTR glass hulls. I guess I have to change with the times. Not many make a glass rigger, so wood seems more accepted, so I don't think having a wood rigger kit will be an issue.[QUOTE]

Mike.
You know I love building wooden hulls. The freight down here to Aussie land is going to be astronomical for a big glass hull. The freight on a small box of wood panels & sticks is bearable & makes the exercise cost effective. I know Australia would be a very small market for you, but I hope you don't drop all your wooden kits.
I'm certainly interested in building one of your riggers when they are ready.
I've only built one rigger & that was a sort of scratch built Keps hybrid. Mainly because I don't like the look of those JAE "stick insects". Plus, the JAE is what nearly everyone else in the club runs. I'm always one to be a bit different if I can.

cybercrxt
06-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Paul, no no, I will always offer ALL of my wood kits, and continue to offer even more wood kits, but I want to offer some of my top designs in fiberglass as well! No, I could never ever drop any of my wood kits! haha. Diversification! Yeah, I noticed the AU dollar has dropped severely vs. the US dollar. This has actually killed my sales in AU. What was once very strong in Feb-May over the last 6 years is now next to dead to AU customers. Pretty sad actually.

Lol @ Stick Insects! haha

785boats
06-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Well, that's good news on the kits. There's still some I want to build.
But yes the Aussie dollar has been forced down again by the powers that be.
Everything costs an extra 25%-30% including shipping rates too. Just means we either go without or have to save up longer for something we really want.

b0atnutz3
06-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Mike when will they be available ?

T.S.Davis
06-04-2016, 09:07 PM
There's something explicably satisfying about building a wood boat. From kit or from scratch. There's just a little a bit of extra ........pride? Can't put my finger on it.

TRUCKPULL
06-04-2016, 11:44 PM
There's something explicably satisfying about building a wood boat. From kit or from scratch. There's just a little a bit of extra ........pride? Can't put my finger on it.

Sniffing the glue?:roflol:

This is why wood models are so addictive.
I am the same way.

Larry

Scott T
06-05-2016, 02:14 AM
Mike, looks cool, and a nice change to the JAE look. Where do you plan on locating the speed control? Seems to be a pain in some 4S riggers I've found.

wuzofoz
06-05-2016, 02:23 AM
i just build a JAE to run in limited due to nothing else realy being out there. just to lazy to do scratch builds here.
good to see there will not only be another kit available but one with some character in it.
maybe i can afford some more of your kits if i get you to slip them in the box with pauls :w00t:

cybercrxt
06-06-2016, 09:54 AM
I suspect it will be available very soon. I plan to have the design done this week, and get a kit ordered and built. The ESC should fit fine about anywhere. The tub is 3.5" wide, so it can sit beside the battery, or it can even sit on top as the cowling will be plenty tall enough to fit.

Wuzofoz, If Paul wants a kit, and you do too, you guys just let me know, I can have them shipped together without a bit of problem! Thanks, Mike

T.S.Davis
06-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Mike are you going to have to design a fresh canopy for this or will something you already have molded fit on there?

Every think about doing a cat? hahaha I couldn't help myself.

cybercrxt
06-06-2016, 10:26 AM
The canopy will be easy for me now as I know exactly what I need to do to make it quick and efficently.

One day I will do a catamaran. Low priority as there are so many on the market right now, not really worth it probably.

T.S.Davis
06-06-2016, 11:10 AM
One day I will do a catamaran. Low priority as there are so many on the market right now, not really worth it probably.

I think you're right. You'd be doing it for the fun of it right now. Well, and for the wood monkeys like myself.

raptor347
06-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Mike,
Cool looking boat. I can't wait to see it run.

What's the width on the ride surfaces? How are the booms going to be set up for quick replacement (trust me, quick replacement is required)?

cybercrxt
06-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Finished the Sponson design. Still have to add slots for some basswood sticks, but the frames themselves are done! Pretty pleased with the results. Mike

Brian, the hull will need to have inserts installed during the build on the sponsons, and brass tube in the tub, with collars holding the rods centered. I will check ride pad width, I dont have it in front of me right this sec.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310-3d-9_zpsp3qumojv.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310-3d-10_zpsdze6cue3.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310-3d-11_zpsw7z5w3ty.jpg

Tamelesstgr
06-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Awesome, what design program do you use?

cybercrxt
06-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Autocad.

Just ordered booms, inserts, hardware, flex cable, etc!

Scott T
06-07-2016, 07:01 AM
I suspect it will be available very soon. I plan to have the design done this week, and get a kit ordered and built. The ESC should fit fine about anywhere. The tub is 3.5" wide, so it can sit beside the battery, or it can even sit on top as the cowling will be plenty tall enough to fit.

Cool, a bit of space in a rigger is nice.

cybercrxt
06-07-2016, 11:38 AM
First test kit has been ordered!

Darin Jordan
06-07-2016, 11:52 AM
first test kit has been ordered!

nice! :)

cybercrxt
06-07-2016, 01:11 PM
And he cut it today! Already got the invoice. Looks like this thing is going to be pretty inexpensive to offer. That is a huge plus!

ray schrauwen
06-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Like it a lot! Thinking a 3683 2200kv Scorpion motor unless its for limited classes?? I should have read more.

Scorpion just came out with a few new cool boat in runners.

ray schrauwen
06-07-2016, 10:30 PM

Craftsman that build and successfully race their wood boats may show some pride however, those of us that do build woodies are just a different breed all together I think. Maybe more nostalgic than proud. Keeping old past time's alive. I built my first blue blaster from plans in 86'. Was there a FE Boat magazine back then? They were German plans I got from a friend.

T.S.Davis
06-08-2016, 08:37 AM
Ray, can you imagine how satisfying it has to be for Mike? Designs and builds himself for that whole authorship factor. Then have other people build them, race them, and experience some success with them. Has to be very satisfying. He makes a few bucks sure. It's a business but the time it takes to actually design one the way Mike does is likely never recovered. So there's more too it than just $$$$.

Thanks Mike. Keep do'n what yer do'n. We appreciate the effort.

cybercrxt
06-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah, last I checked, if I had to pay to have these designs done at my current day job bill rate, I would have spent over $100,000 in design fees to a company, haha. Wish I could get paid for that! Yes, I love getting emails, or calls from people saying how much fun they have had with their build, and running it. Sport boaters are my main customers, and a lot of them just get out with their kids and have a good time...Nothing better than that!

ray schrauwen
06-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Ray, can you imagine how satisfying it has to be for Mike? Designs and builds himself for that whole authorship factor. Then have other people build them, race them, and experience some success with them. Has to be very satisfying. He makes a few bucks sure. It's a business but the time it takes to actually design one the way Mike does is likely never recovered. So there's more too it than just $$$$.

Thanks Mike. Keep do'n what yer do'n. We appreciate the effort.

For a brief time I had the same satisfaction working on the 'Bow' skyscraper.

I worked in MasterCam to create the tool pathing to cut the pieces you see in a diamond pattern on the building's exterior. My first CAD/CAM job and it was a Bear.
I'd like to get back into it when I'm healthier.

cybercrxt
06-09-2016, 01:51 PM
The kit and all my hardware arrived today! The only thing left to get is a motor, and turn fin. Not sure on either of those yet..but I have time to figure that out.

I already made some changes to the sponsons based on a friend in the knows recommendations. Added dihedral to the outside sponson, which I had at zero (not sure what I was thinking, every other boat I have designed has dihedral on the outside..guess I thought riggers didnt need it!) and changed the AoA on the turn fin side sponson. Upped it a half a degree over the outside sponson. This will help keep the turn fin from sucking down on the inside sponson due to its extra drag. These are changes I can change on the fly with my test build, so no big deal! I will start building soon! Mike

T.S.Davis
06-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Mike, do you want to try one those new stainless I've been raving about? If you can draw it in the shape you want he can make it to fit dead on. Something you could offer with the boat if you find something that works.

cybercrxt
06-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Sure! I dont know what they look like as I have not seen your posts about them. Link? But cool. that would be a great start!

T.S.Davis
06-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Doesn't matter what mine look like. They're not mine either. Our club is full of skilled people. The guy making them Kevin, is pretty darned sharp. If you can design what you want he can make it happen. I gave him a fin for the scale and told him "just like this with a bit more hook" and a couple few days later he had it in my hands.

I put the new fin on my T Plus scale and it's the first time I could actually get around the course on our tiny pond. Used to have to bag off because I couldn't hold a line to save my life.

I'll check with Kevin and check to see if it's okay that I pass his contact info along to you.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?54934-Potential-new-fins

cybercrxt
06-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Ok cool, sounds good! Thanks man.

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 08:48 AM
So I spend a couple hours...maybe 2...last night, and got a LOT done. The tub is done, and ready for epoxy and rear shoe sheeting, and the sponson frames are done, and ready to basswood sticks, and sheeting. This thing is a breeze, and I have really high hopes for how its going to run! I cannot wait! So...let the build begin!

First, I found my center tub parts:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_224847_zpspitkvz6q.jpg

And its really as simple as taking the matching number on the frame, and locking it into the floor pan. Note, the transom and box should be done last, as they do not touch the flat board naturally. From frame 2 back to 1, it has a kick up, so take your time. And the front raised up 1/4" where the quarter round will go. Everything is so simple to figure out:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_230951_zpsh5ajvwry.jpg

As you can see in the last pic, and this pic, you start lining the corners with 1/8" basswood sticks. I use a piece of angle aluminum along the outside of the tub to ensure the side plates stay in line with the floor pan from front to back..

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_230957_zps9ame4hey.jpg

Shows the mid rod support and sticks installed:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_231001_zpszhmiifka.jpg

You can see the frame 2A and 2B in this pic, and more sticks. The frame 2A is just slightly higher than 2B along the bottom, this allows for you to bend the floor pan up toward the transom frames number 1. 2A is mainly just a floor support for the back floor pan.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_231140_zpsbh9mngnc.jpg

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 08:52 AM
Now, I started lining the top of the tub with 1/8" sticks, and you can see in the background, I have CA'ed the hatch liner to the hatch. This supports the cowling and rear hatch cover.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_232413_zpsxgdvac4w.jpg

More upper sticks installed:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_232417_zpspckuyfgk.jpg

Now that all the upper 1/8" sticks are installed, its time to install the top deck sheeting. It almost interlocks against the basswood sticks and the hatch under liner. Dry fit it first, and make sure you are happy with fitment before gluing.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_232948_zpsblqnld3r.jpg

Now find your rear she frames...Here they are...I forgot the rear frame in this pic, but you will see it in another pic in a sec.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_232959_zpslzjzrkqz.jpg

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 08:55 AM
I first slide my inside edge plate up through the floor pan slots. Be careful, the slots are tight, and thin. If you break one of the floor pan extentions free, dont panic, it is easy to reglue, and later epoxy solid. Just take your time!

I started with frame CR and CL to square up things:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_233403_zps1jtryp8t.jpg

Now you can see all the frames are installed, and everything is CA'ed in to place. I again, used my angle aluminum along the inside edge to keep the ply square to the floor pan surface..very easy!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_235717_zpsuyh2tw6b.jpg

Another angle:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_235728_zpsrwvvpuqs.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160609_235733_zpsqz2nm4el.jpg

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 08:59 AM
I then dry fitted my sponson framework. Woke up early this morning and actually put them on my granite, and glued them up square. I did this even with the Zippkits Long 5/16" rod supports installed by just laying the sponson frames on one corner of the granite, allowing the tube supports to overhand the edges..it worked great!

Here are some dirty pics of the sponsons...more very very soon!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_001617_zpswnwdmt2x.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_002624_zps7ugz7tbp.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_072700_zpshmw99qdz.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_072714_zpsjfhkhpj5.jpg

In typical ML Boatworks fashion, the inside sponson top will stick up higher than the finished sponson top deck sheeting. Should help keep airflow on the sponson in the turns, and look really cool while doing it!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_001609_zpsundaovby.jpg

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 09:00 AM
I found a Tyndall 1/8th scale fin in the garage this morning..this may just work well.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_074027_zpskgfqimqb.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_074032_zpsssvu64e9.jpg

Darin Jordan
06-10-2016, 09:20 AM
I found a Tyndall 1/8th scale fin in the garage this morning..this may just work well.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_074027_zpskgfqimqb.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_074032_zpsssvu64e9.jpg

I'm thinking you may want to make provisions to mount it back further... I would suspect it'll need to be mounted a bit behind the ride-pads... Back more towards the rear boom.

Looking GREAT, Mike!

T.S.Davis
06-10-2016, 09:21 AM
That fin is pretty thick for light rigger. I texted Kevin with a note to give you a ring.

Mike, can you give us a close up of how you did the boom tube in the sponson. I've done receivers with brass tube. I've not done anything I liked though. It's sort of a "that should work I guess" kind of thing for me.

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 09:27 AM
I talked to Don about turn fin location, he said leading edge of the fin needs to be at the sponson heal. I will make it all adjustable tho. Its all up in the air right now until I get it running, haha. Also, the sponsons will not be mounted wide like a JAE, more like a crapshooter style width. I think that wide stance is why the JAE fin is so far back, and so big. Yes, this fit is kind huge for this boat. I need something smaller I suspect. Just nothing in hand yet. Here are the boom tube supports I used for the sponsons:

http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=561

You have to install the front one before glueing on the outside sponson shear tho, as there is not enough room to slide it in once that shear is installed! That is where a brass open ended tube would be easier, BUT these aluminum tubes are closed ended, so no water can get inside the sponson..AND the boom tube length, and squareness to the tub will never be questioned, as it has a dead end stopping point!

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Also, I used these boom tubes from Zippkits:

http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=304

And you can get the collars for the tube side from either zippkits, or mcmaster carr...

http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=469

and from Mcmaster carr:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#6157K32

Part number:
6157K32

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 09:34 AM
OSE Order so far:

ros-spdr-005
Speedmaster Mini Rudder Assembly

Rudder Style:
- Hydro Rudder 1.5" Setback

ros-spds-005
Speedmaster Sport 20 Strut

Strut Style:
- Round Bottom-spds-005-R-Hydro

-

ose-187L
OSE .187 cable system for 3/16" props

aero-sts-187
STS 187 (Shaft Tube Seals)

dh-ks-brass-tb
K & S Brass Tubing

tubing size:
- pn#8132 : 9/32" Diameter

And 1/4" brass tube for the stuffing tube itself. The 9/32" tube above is for a doubler near the motor to add the shaft tube seal from Aeromarine, STS 187

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Now, I need motor suggestions. I am going to run my trusting water cooled converted Castle Ice 200a controller, 4s Hyperion 5400mah pack...Just need a motor????

Darin Jordan
06-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Now, I need motor suggestions. I am going to run my trusting water cooled converted Castle Ice 200a controller, 4s Hyperion 5400mah pack...Just need a motor????

Are you thinking P-Hydro??

TP 4050-5D (2310KV) Would be a SOLID choice. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=tp-4050
TP 4050-3Y (2100KV) IF a little lower KV is your thing.

LEOPARD 4082-1.5Y (2200KV) http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=leo-4082

It's also hard to be a typical Castle/Neu 1415 1Y.

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I like something in the 2200-2700 kv range actually. I love the Castle/Neu 1512, 2650kv. I saw that TP4050-5D 2310kv...Do you think more than a 74mm can is needed tho???

Darin Jordan
06-10-2016, 10:23 AM
I saw that TP4050-5D 2310kv...Do you think more than a 74mm can is needed tho???

"Needed"? Perhaps not...

DESIRED, Hell Yes!

For reference, the Castle 1415 1Y is 82mm...

I don't think the extra torque will hurt you, and your ESC shouldn't have any issues with it.

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Just ordered the rest of what I needed from OSE!

tp-4050TP Power Brushless 4050 Motor
winds/rpm: - 2310Kv 5D- -FREE Water Jacket! Pick Size?: - ham-TP4050 Jacket(40mmX60mm long)

ose-82000Carbon, Heavy duty water cooled mount for Leopard 40mm Motors
color of metal parts: - Silver color mount and motor ring- -

ose-tubing-1/4-clearOSE Large 1/4" Silicone Tubing
length: - 6 foot piece

aero-2011Aluminum Large Water Outlet x2

aero-2014Aluminum Bulkhead Fitting

macomb
06-10-2016, 11:18 AM
Mike if you would like a Turn Fin for this hull let me know.
You could give me a shape and I can make it for you if you would like.
Very easy for me to make adjustments as I laser cut them and use a CNC Roll Machine for the Hook.
I make the fins out of 304-2B Stainless, Thicker on top for the strength and thinner for the part of the blade that is in the water.
A few pics of the Fins I make for the P-Sport Hydro.
PM me if your interested..Kevin

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Kevin, I will send you a PM. I really like the look of that P-sport hydro fin. I may want to try and include a nice fin with the kits...we should talk for sure!

ray schrauwen
06-10-2016, 08:00 PM
"Needed"? Perhaps not...

DESIRED, Hell Yes!

For reference, the Castle 1415 1Y is 82mm...

I don't think the extra torque will hurt you, and your ESC shouldn't have any issues with it.

Why does it say the 1415 is only 70mm? Kinda odd. If I Neu it was 83mm long I might have tried one.

Again, Scorpion is no slouch. New stuff begging for trial.

36mm x84mm, quality built, similar price to others. I will give one a go.

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/boat/motor_3/is-34_series/is_3445_2200/

ray schrauwen
06-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Will it fit 4s2p? I know your boats are roomy but it is a rigger. Heck I don't even know if a P hydro needs 2p.

Fluid
06-10-2016, 09:16 PM
The can of my Castle 1415 is 70mm long. My 1515 is 75 mm long. Darin must be using a Chinese ruler....

Darin Jordan
06-10-2016, 09:31 PM
The can of my Castle 1415 is 70mm long. My 1515 is 75 mm long. Darin must be using a Chinese ruler....

Oops.... you're right. I was thinking 1521.... 3.3".

Doesn't change my recommendation though...

Fluid
06-10-2016, 09:37 PM
I run the 1415/1Y in my JAE and it's the perfect motor. Speeds in the high 70s on the 1/6th mile oval, 12 second laps (wide ones too). An excellent recommendation.

cybercrxt
06-10-2016, 10:54 PM
Well, I spent an hour or so tonight, and got the plug started for the cowling..Looks good so far!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_214724_zps8aigggvt.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_214713_zpsyvzzmyfd.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_214748_zpswhyodz5s.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160610_220006_zpstmpazt31.jpg

T.S.Davis
06-11-2016, 08:12 AM
Mike, is that duratech primer? Sure looks like a sweet shortcut for the plug.

cybercrxt
06-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Yup, durate styroshield primer, just brushed on heavy on the first coat. Easy to sand, so I dont care about high spots yet!

785boats
06-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Mike.
At our club today there were 3 other people, including Wuzza, who want one.
Is it possible to get 4 in a box together at a reasonable shipping cost?

cybercrxt
06-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Absolutely Paul! We will get that worked out just fine!

Brushless55
06-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Really looking forward to this one Mike !
great job man! :thumbup1:

ray schrauwen
06-11-2016, 11:04 AM
I like how the top scoop is swept back. Looks great. The main reason I never went for a JAE was because of the way it looks. I also like the way your kits build Mike.

cybercrxt
06-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Thanks guys, I am outside sheeting the sponsons right now. I am away from home till tomorrow, So will work more on thr cowl plug when i get back.

785boats
06-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Absolutely Paul! We will get that worked out just fine!

Brilliant.

covedweller
06-12-2016, 06:05 PM
That's just great! Not only do I have to have the new gpx310, but now I have to get into riggers? Great looking design Mike, but please, hold off on a cat kit. I already have 3 kits I'm going to have to build this winter. It wont be boring!

cybercrxt
06-13-2016, 08:33 AM
Thanks everyone. Sorry for the delay with more pics of the build. Been visiting hospice all weekend, and working on things as I had time. Sad weekend. Anyways, here are some sponson sheeting pics, and I got the canopy sanded, reprimed, and woke up early this morning to sand, and add filler where needed. This plug should be done in the next day or so. Everything is coming together very nicely. I am really happy with this build so far! Mike

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160611_114216_zpsthguxymv.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160611_114225_zpsclhazx8j.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160611_114228_zpsdrdupnvb.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160611_114735_zps1axdeetc.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160611_115824_zpswmvbkbvt.jpg

cybercrxt
06-13-2016, 08:35 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160611_115832_zpseuuiynvt.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160611_115839_zpshjilk0yz.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160611_115848_zpsx7badxn8.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160613_070005_zpsl8d08e8y.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160613_070726_zpsbqufrxi3.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160613_070741_zps9fume1dz.jpg

cybercrxt
06-13-2016, 08:35 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160613_071102_zpsdcnxf6ro.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160613_071119_zpshfomu2i7.jpg

cybercrxt
06-13-2016, 11:49 AM
My TP Power 2310kv motor just arrived from OSE!

cybercrxt
06-14-2016, 08:59 AM
Getting a little closer. The cowling plug is now fully shaped, and ready for its first coat of Duratec Surfacing primer, and if I get that sanded down without breaking through then I can polish it, wax it, and make a mold!

The sponsons are now sheeted, and I am working on the top deck sheeting template. I also got the motor in and placed it to see how it fits. I got the booms cut down to make a 14-7/8" spread from inside sponson edge to inside sponson edge. I will start there, and go narrower as needed. I added the brass tubes in the tub for the booms to travel through, and added the collars for now. It is starting to look like something! Mike

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160614_072354_zps2rwiogjc.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160614_072400_zpsjudnzxrd.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160614_072424_zpsgh0zfvd1.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160614_072427_zpsg06grwec.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160614_072440_zpsr4dt1it5.jpg

-

cybercrxt
06-14-2016, 11:16 AM
Maybe its time to put a kit list together for potential interested parties. I am still going to test this thing, and make changes if needed first, but I don't want people battling down the road. This will be on IW as well.

Ones I know about so far are (and sorry if these first few are out of order, we can correct that as I look through the posts)

FE Version:

1) Darin Jordan OSE
2) Terry Davis OSE
3) Kent Seal IW
4) Paul 785 x 4 kits OSE
5) Jerry Muro/ Boatnutz3 IW/ OSE

Nitro Version, when available:

1)Glenn Quarles wants to test
2) Rockin Robin Stebbins?

Brushless55
06-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Will you be building these for customers Mike?

cybercrxt
06-14-2016, 11:41 AM
I actually thought about doing just the builds, with one coat of epoxy. I will not do setups or paint tho. To much of a headache, and time consuming. Just build, insert the brass tub inserts, and sponson inserts, add cloth/ carbon in the tub and sponsons, trim the cowl, and that be it.

jhl1963
06-14-2016, 10:46 PM
I actually thought about doing just the builds, with one coat of epoxy. I will not do setups or paint tho. To much of a headache, and time consuming. Just build, insert the brass tub inserts, and sponson inserts, add cloth/ carbon in the tub and sponsons, trim the cowl, and that be it.

Would love to be on this list - FE.

Reed Eagle
06-14-2016, 11:33 PM
Mike,

Add me to the list. Ya got me hooked !!!!

Grumpy Ol' Reed Eagle

cybercrxt
06-15-2016, 08:26 AM
I will add you guys to the list! Thanks! Mike

Lots of canopy plug work going on last night, and getting stuff together for customers orders, but I did get the nosing added, and the canopy plug for this kit is ready to sand and polish, and make a mold!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160614_214039_zpstg0hkzgx.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160614_214044_zpshczra38o.jpg

RSX310 canopy and 38" Seebold tunnel canopy plugs:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160614_200829_zpsudyfbalz.jpg

cybercrxt
06-15-2016, 08:37 AM
FE Version:

1) Darin Jordan OSE
2) Terry Davis OSE
3) Kent Seal IW
4) Paul 785 x 4 kits OSE5) Jerry Muro/ Boatnutz IW/OSE
6) JHL1963 OSE
7) Reed Eagle OSE
8)
9)
10)

Maryland FE
06-15-2016, 09:07 AM
FE Version:

1) Darin Jordan OSE
2) Terry Davis OSE
3) Kent Seal IW
4) Paul 785 x 4 kits OSE5) Jerry Muro/ Boatnutz IW/OSE
6) JHL1963 OSE
7) Reed Eagle OSE
8)
9)
10)

Mike,

Can you please put me on the FE list...

Thanks

Pete

cybercrxt
06-15-2016, 09:10 AM
Sure thing!

FE Version:

1) Darin Jordan OSE
2) Terry Davis OSE
3) Kent Seal IW
4) Paul 785 x 4 kits OSE
5) Jerry Muro/ Boatnutz IW/OSE
6) JHL1963 OSE
7) Reed Eagle OSE
8) Maryland FE- Pete Welty Jr. OSE
9)
10)

Darin Jordan
06-15-2016, 09:56 AM
Just a thought... but something like this type of kit might be a good candidate for a "spec" Hydro series... One hull... One motor... maybe even (eventually, after some testing) one prop (allowed to be prepped however the user pleases... or not)...

T.S.Davis
06-15-2016, 10:30 AM
I want one for the CanAm in August. Not sure I can pull that off. Looks like an easy build if I leave it alone and just build it Mikes way. Easy is good cuz I'm getting worn out changing boats. Makes them take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

T.S.Davis
06-15-2016, 10:33 AM
or not)...

Please "or not" a one motor series. Ugh. We've had enough motor hand wringing to last a life time.

Darin Jordan
06-15-2016, 10:46 AM
Please "or not" a one motor series. Ugh. We've had enough motor hand wringing to last a life time.

Sour puss!

In this case, it would be EASY to work out... I'd say everyone runs a TP 3656-1950 on 4S... Done. :)

T.S.Davis
06-15-2016, 10:47 AM
....or we run P light like we talked about.

cybercrxt
06-15-2016, 11:18 AM
Terry, you need to leave it alone...That is why I am trying to design it right the first time! You should not have to reinvent the wheel to get what you want out of a kit if the designer got it how it needs to be the first time...food for thought!

longballlumber
06-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Terry, you need to leave it alone...That is why I am trying to design it right the first time! You should not have to reinvent the wheel to get what you want out of a kit if the designer got it how it needs to be the first time...food for thought!

So how has this design been validated? My understanding is there isn't out there racing/running yet. I could be wrong.

cybercrxt
06-15-2016, 11:33 AM
Long Ball, none of these will be sold until it has been fully tested. This is just a pre list set up so when it is ready to offer, I can have a handle on who wanted one first...Just like old times when I originally offered the PS295 tunnel. Just trying to keep it fair. There is a lot of interest in this kit for sure. But no, not until I know it can go out there and run set up the way it is designed will it go out to market!

longballlumber
06-15-2016, 11:40 AM
So how has this design been validated? My understanding is there isn't out there racing/running yet. I could be wrong.

Long Ball, none of these will be sold until it has been fully tested. This is just a pre list set up so when it is ready to offer, I can have a handle on who wanted one first...Just like old times when I originally offered the PS295 tunnel. Just trying to keep it fair. There is a lot of interest in this kit for sure. But no, not until I know it can go out there and run set up the way it is designed will it go out to market!

Gotcha!

Later,
Ball

Brushless55
06-15-2016, 11:56 AM
Yeah I remember how crazy the PS295 became
And a boat that I will never sell off! :rockon2:

Fluid
06-15-2016, 12:02 PM
... I'd say everyone runs a TP 3656-1950 on 4S... Done.
Done until TP changes their motors again. Maybe an improvement again, maybe a downgrade to remain profitable. Maybe no change. Unless NAMBA FE buys a hundred or two and only allows those motors to be used......:scared:

There is no easy solution, and Terry is right, too contentious for any sane person to want to revisit.

Darin Jordan
06-15-2016, 12:30 PM
too contentious for any sane person to want to revisit.

bwahahahahahahahahaha....

T.S.Davis
06-15-2016, 12:48 PM
too contentious for any sane person to want to revisit..

But Jay, I already have it all figured out in my head. hahaha

Mike, are you concerned at all about the potential for lift on this design? The sponons have so much more ride surface area than we traditionally see on a rigger. I'm not suggesting I know any better. Just different than we've seen.

cybercrxt
06-15-2016, 01:56 PM
No, I am actually not concerned. I already cross checked the tub curvature against that of the center section GSX310 sport hydro...same overall curve, Then I checked the sponson top deck curvature vs. the GSX310, this rigger has a good deal less curvature. So, overall, based on previous experiences, this one is more tame. You have to use the quarter round on the bottom tho! That is a key feature, allowing me to design in this much curvature into these hulls.

Remember, this quarter round idea started with Don Ferrette trying to go 100 mph with an 1/8th scale FE hydro. He accomplished that. Scale hulls like the 108 hull he used to set that record, have a LOT of top deck curve, so this quarter round proved effective. Now, you might say, yeah, a big battery heavy scale...Well Scott Liddycoat did the exact same thing the following record trials when he set his record (90+ mph...cant remember) with a nitro setup..much lighter hull...same quarter round idea, with some additional testing proving how to adjust its effectiveness!

I also measured the top deck tub length vs. the lower pan tub length, and the numbers work out where the top deck should pull the hull towards the water, not away. The cowling may have some lift effect, but less than any of my sport hydro cowls due to its overall height, and only 2" width. So overall, I am have thought this out very well.

Next, ride pad width is 1-5/8". The GSX310 is a touch more, and the GP310v2 is 2" at the trailing edge, and almost 3" before the air relief. The sponson deck, and center section on the GP310 is also much more radical than the GSX310, or this rigger.

Now, The JAE 21 is a 1-1/4" sponson width on the ride surface. Yes, that is slightly less than mine..what 3/8"? But, due to that narrow width and lack of non trip, you have to run the CoG way back, or in rough water, the boat tanks. (See a Gas JAE with the original sponsons..disaster) With my more traditional non trip style sponson, you can run your CoG more like a sport hydro, and keep the bow down where it needs to be, and have the advantage of non trips in rough water, which to me..is a huge goal in this project. The huge amount of space in the tub to shift the battery forward or back, gives us a LOT of adjustability.

Next, we have the inside sponson edge upper air trap rails. These, which you have seen me use on tunnels, and sport hydros just the same, have been incorporated into my design of this rigger. This helps air flow come across the sponson deck in a turn, forcing the air to stay on the deck, in turn holding down the inside sponson, instead of letting it come up, being loose, or potentially blowing off in the turn.

Finally, I will discuss the sponson shear outside edge and the front leading edge. You will notice, I have used a double sponson sheer, creating a 1/4" thick shear....same as all my GSX series hulls. You may have noticed this same rounded outside edge on another few hulls, mainly, full size unlimited hydros. Why do I use these? Simple, the rounded edge, just like the rounded nosing block on my sport hydros, helps stop snap blow offs. These slow down the air flow as it enters the sponsons front, or outside edge, effectively keeping the hull stable. Why? The air hits this edge, slows down, and if the boat does get out of shape due to a wave, or wind, it slows down how fast the airflow change from top deck down force, the underside up force. This effectively gives you more time to react, letting off the throttle, settling the hull back down. If you take a look at some other boats out there, and how they blow off vs. a great Video Jesse J did a few years back of the GP335 (the round, blunt nosing block demonstration), you will see how much slower my designs are to "take flight", giving you a time advantage to settle the boat down.

So, as you can see, a LOT goes into these designs. Function is a must, but I have to have some form...or I quit! haha. Simple history tells us, yes...there is a lot of curvature going on, you are right..but the other things I do to the hull counteract that, which is why it is imperative once the design is done, and tested, and works, not to remove things like the quarter round. It is there so all these ideas work in harmony.

I don't usually discuss these ideas publicly, but I figured it was time to share why I do what I do!

But at the end of the day, it may not work. If it doesn't, I already have a backup idea ready, and can design those changes in less than a day. Will I need them..I really don't think so, but if so, they will be done, and I will test it again, and again until I am happy with the results!

I Hope this clarified everything? If not, let me know, and I will do better to answer.

cybercrxt
06-16-2016, 08:34 AM
Canopy plug is fully sanded up to 1500 grit, rubbing compound work done. Next is polishing compound, then mold release....

Fitted the rudder and strut. If you look closely you can see I cut the rudder bracket as it was about 1/8" to wide to fit. I did this at an angle so it would tuck in behind the strut bracket, using it for support. Added the water inlet and outlets as well. Long night of sanding as I have 4 different plugs in development right now, and they are all at the sanding stage before polishing.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160616_072246_zpsr49hsrev.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160616_074513_zps5o9cy29u.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160616_074517_zps4q9hym9j.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160616_074522_zpsbdaws47d.jpg
-

cybercrxt
06-16-2016, 08:36 AM
FE Version:

1) Darin Jordan OSE
2) Terry Davis OSE
3) Kent Seal IW
4) Paul 785 x 4 kits OSE
6) JHL1963 OSE
7) Reed Eagle OSE
9)
10)

3) Shane Bastick

T.S.Davis
06-16-2016, 08:59 AM
Mike, I follow your logic. I'm not sure I agree with all of it but that's totally okay.

The time you clearly put into these that can't be recouped is admirable. To me at least. I now to others as well. If you're like me your designing stuff in your head when you're not occupied with something else. I solve more engineering riddles from the day job just before I fall asleep. You don't get paid for that brain time either.

These things are all educated guesses based on our own experiences. That's why we test em. Sometimes we guess wrong. Sometimes we're a genius. I have no problem with any of that.

cybercrxt
06-16-2016, 09:05 AM
Cool, cool. We will see what happens with this thing. I hope I am on the right track, if not, I will figure this out one way or the other! I just really want it to look as good as it performs. The rigger class needs a little of that!

Brushless55
06-16-2016, 09:11 AM
Looks great Mike!

T.S.Davis
06-16-2016, 09:14 AM
Cool, cool. We will see what happens with this thing. I hope I am on the right track, if not, I will figure this out one way or the other! I just really want it to look as good as it performs. The rigger class needs a little of that!

Wood rules.

bhorowitz
06-16-2016, 10:38 AM
Mike,
Bob Horowitz here. Please put me on the list for one of these rigger kits for when you have them ready. Let me know if you want a deposit or anything to show my sincerity. I really want to get in on the ground floor. I would like the electric version.
Regards,
Bob

cybercrxt
06-16-2016, 11:13 AM
No deposit needed Bob, Thanks! Mike

FE Version:

1) Darin Jordan OSE
2) Terry Davis OSE
3) Kent Seal IW
4) Paul 785 x 4 kits OSE
6) JHL1963 OSE
7) Reed Eagle OSE
9) bhorowitz- Bob Horowitz OSE
10)

3) Shane Bastick

cybercrxt
06-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Got in two sweet fins from Macomb this morning. They are made of stainless, and really paper thin, and extremely strong! I am really excited to see how these work. I am hoping one of these will be part of this rigger kit once released! Here are some pics. Thanks for getting these to me so fast Macomb!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160617_093356_zpsllxw8lj4.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160617_093403_zpskxwfdgic.jpg

HOTWATER
06-17-2016, 05:18 PM
Oh yeah...those look nice!

wuzofoz
06-18-2016, 01:52 AM
those turn fins look great

cybercrxt
06-20-2016, 08:57 AM
Got back in town yesterday afternoon, and got the Cowling mold done. Turned out really well. If the design works, I am going to make a second mold to cut down on turn around time. I will now proceed forward on the rest of the hull build starting tonight!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160619_203540_zpsz62cvvi6.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160620_075152_zps8rbfsqbd.jpg

-

cybercrxt
06-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Well, I guess the next logical choice, would be a 24" long .12 or 2s rigger, The RSX240. I am just playing with the design right now until the RSX310 is built and tested. This is just a test plan and profile. That is a 2s 5000mah 65c Giant Power lipo, and the same 36x56mm can as originally shown in the 310 design. The tub width is adjusted to 3" as the scale down dropped it a little lower. And the boom tubes are still the 5/16" like the 310. Tell me what you think! Mike

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX240%20Rigger/RSX240_zpsjvrdpano.jpg

ray schrauwen
06-20-2016, 02:14 PM
Never been this interested in riggers since the Nimh days and Climate boat works N2 riggers. Push it to 26.5" like the sport hydro?

bhorowitz
06-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Mike,
Boy oh boy, I'd sure be interested in that too. I really like little boats. As far as I'm concerned you could go even smaller, like the JAE Minisprint. The pond closest to me is perfect for the smaller boats.
Regards,
Bob

cybercrxt
06-27-2016, 10:27 AM
Sounds good Bob!

Here is where I am at with the build. Been out of town for a funeral last week, so I did what I could do. I have the tub and sponsons epoxied and carbon fiber added, and I laid up the first cowling yesterday, and trimmed it and fitted! Looks pretty cool! Enjoy, Mike

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160623_121041_zps43p9oyrz.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160623_121049_zpsapszkkj7.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160623_121034_zps81vvhhgd.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160626_205156_zpscb9llu3i.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160626_211830_zpsotnmy5ej.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160626_211902_zpsfeb1rm1f.jpg

-

cybercrxt
06-27-2016, 10:28 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160626_211918_zpss6icyc03.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160626_211935_zpsbykrs6cn.jpg

Brushless55
06-27-2016, 11:05 AM
That looks awesome Mike!

cybercrxt
06-27-2016, 11:20 AM
updated at last post.

GixerGuy1978
06-28-2016, 12:28 AM
Mike, all looks REALLY NICE! Keep up the great work!

cybercrxt
06-28-2016, 09:18 AM
Thank you!

I didnt have much time last night, but I woke up this morning, lined up where the stuffing tube will go through, and cut that in the floor, and glued down the motor mount. I will start sheeting the sponsons and rear shoes maybe tonight. Getting closer and closer!! I cannot wait!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160628_071618_zpsv3onlorv.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160628_071622_zpsrnnauvll.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160628_072137_zpsxz9idmbo.jpg

cybercrxt
06-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Just an update. I am still working on this thing, just had a lot going on with other projects the last few days. Doing some of the little things needed right now. More pics soon! Mike

T.S.Davis
06-30-2016, 11:15 AM
Hurry upppppp. We wanna see it run already ya slacker. hahaha

Those tunnels are coming along nicely Mike. No rush on these.

cybercrxt
06-30-2016, 11:23 AM
Haha, Yeah, I have so freaking many projects going on..Even ones I have not shown you guys. Lots of plug and mold making stuff going on. And some other new designs I am working on for future release!

wuzofoz
06-30-2016, 11:59 AM
That other stuff is just going to have to wait. The most important thing is getting me a new rigger so I can be King again :)

T.S.Davis
06-30-2016, 12:51 PM
If I would just once leave a design alone I could get a lot of stuff built.

ray schrauwen
07-01-2016, 11:03 PM
I'm probably too late however I will ask to be added to the list. I'm going to sell off all my p sport stuff.

This rigger I don't want to pass on if I'm not too late.

Next week will be a sell off of many things.

FE Version:

1) Darin Jordan OSE
2) Terry Davis OSE
3) Kent Seal IW
4) Paul 785 x 4 kits OSE
6) JHL1963 OSE
7) Reed Eagle OSE
9) bhorowitz- Bob Horowitz OSE
10)

785boats
07-02-2016, 01:18 AM
That other stuff is just going to have to wait. The most important thing is getting me a new rigger so I can be King again :)

You crack me up mate.:biggrin:

Fluid
07-02-2016, 09:43 AM
...I'm going to sell off all my p sport stuff....Next week will be a sell off of many things.
Ray, why are you getting out of sport boats?

ray schrauwen
07-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Ray, why are you getting out of sport boats?

I don't want to muddy up Mike's thread too much. I need to scale back the number and size of boats I'm running. A rigger packs light. Got too many sport hydro's I rarely run lsh and p-sport. Funds are too tight to buy power for all these 2p classes and this can run 1p with a motor like a 1415 neu or 3445 Scorpion.
Just not enough time in any one place to keep up with what I have.

I'm keeping Mike's 265 for a lsh mini rocket and experiment with low power setups. Maybe I just need a big change?

Mike makes a sexy rigger.
Lastly, I'm phasing more into sport boating for this year and back to racing next year when I'm stronger with a leaner meaner fleet...

Sorry Mike. Back on track.

rayzerdesigns
07-04-2016, 12:59 AM
FE Version:

1) Darin Jordan OSE
2) Terry Davis OSE
3) Kent Seal IW
4) Paul 785 x 4 kits OSE
6) JHL1963 OSE
7) Reed Eagle OSE
9)
10)

3) Shane Bastick
Please add me to the fe list

cybercrxt
07-04-2016, 10:27 AM
Hey guys, with family this weekend. I will reply and update the list wednesday! Happy 4th!

cybercrxt
07-06-2016, 09:41 AM
updated at last post.

Darin Jordan
07-06-2016, 09:44 AM
updated list. Been out of town till yesterday. I will have this thing ready to run by this weekend. More pics tonight. I plan on sheeting the sponsons tonight, and the rear shoes as well.

git-r-done!

ray schrauwen
07-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Yippe YO, KY Yeaaay! Looking forward to this!

cybercrxt
07-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Just sheeted the rear shoes, and added epixy to the whole tub! Sponson sheeting next!

cybercrxt
07-07-2016, 10:30 AM
Back on this thing. Rear shoes sheeted, and tub exterior epoxied. Sponson top decks will be added tonight, and I am going to add a quick coat of clear to the tub tonight to protect it..paint will come later once I know this thing works...Paint color already picked tho. 2016 Jeep Wranger Mojave Sand will be the color!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160706_174912_zpsmhujrgn4.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160706_181425_zpsmkv7ente.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160706_181633_zpsimjvobcx.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160706_182402_zps0czmhasu.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160707_074852_zpsrnmsipj1.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160707_074904_zps6htp39h1.jpg

-

bob horowitz
07-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Looking pretty sweet

cybercrxt
07-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Getting real close now. Sponson decks are on, and I will epoxy the outsides tonight. Tub is ready to add the gear now, so if I am really fast, and lucky, I will have this thing in the water by sunday!!!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160707_184430_zpsrei74qaq.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160707_203400_zpsmbwmgdcr.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160707_205344_zpsthojaanx.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160708_072730_zpsxe0n07ms.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160708_072738_zpshhtrwmxh.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160708_072751_zpslfocrdxp.jpg

-

Darin Jordan
07-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Getting closer!!

HOTWATER
07-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Nice Mike! Clever clamps!!

cybercrxt
07-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Sponsons done and drying now! Just need to rig this thing!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160708_123844_zps1sfflj3u.jpg

T.S.Davis
07-08-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm SO making me some clamps.

HOTWATER
07-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Sweet!! This Rigger really compliments the GSX310 Sport 20!! It's gonna be a nice addition to my ML fleet!!

cybercrxt
07-08-2016, 02:25 PM
I just hope it performs as well as it has turned out looking!!! haha

785boats
07-08-2016, 04:35 PM
There's a few of us down here in the Colonies that are betting it will.
And yes. Great idea on the clamps.

cybercrxt
07-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Thanks Paul. I am putting a lot of pressure on myself with this boat, as it will hopefully get ML Back moving again. I need this thing to perform. A lot of new things will be going on later this year, lots of new designs, fiberglass hulls, and I want this to be a nice fresh start to that! Thanks for all the support down under. You and the rest of the guys down there have been great to work with!

Terry is putting a lot of pressure on me too...He already wants to see changes to the boat! My teeth are grinding from the anxiety of what will hopefully happen this weekend..the first running.

Fluid
07-08-2016, 05:53 PM
No one knows for certain how the rigger will perform. Maybe it will need lots of changes, maybe none at all. When evaluating the boat spend several days setting it up before you change any of the basic structure. Riggers can be tough to get running right, even perfected designs. Small changes like prop type, prop depth or angle can be the difference between success and failure. Just take your time.

ray schrauwen
07-08-2016, 08:52 PM
I'm SO making me some clamps.

Thats what I said too!

What material and diameter? I'll read more...

785boats
07-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Thanks Paul. I am putting a lot of pressure on myself with this boat, as it will hopefully get ML Back moving again. I need this thing to perform. A lot of new things will be going on later this year, lots of new designs, fiberglass hulls, and I want this to be a nice fresh start to that! Thanks for all the support down under. You and the rest of the guys down there have been great to work with!

Terry is putting a lot of pressure on me too...He already wants to see changes to the boat! My teeth are grinding from the anxiety of what will hopefully happen this weekend..the first running.

Mike.
There are quite a few of your kits running around at our club in various classes by different people.
I'm pleased to say that four of them have won me 1st place trophies.
So here's some more pressure for you. I expect this one to do the same.:laugh: Just kidding. What will be will be.

HOTWATER
07-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Looks good Mike! ...just gotta see how it runs in some wind and chop...Ha-ha!! The H-7 and 1450 have been a great prop for 20 size FE riggers...one will work a bit better than the other depending on the individual boat and how it is setup...
Nice Job!! Flat water tomorrow?

wuzofoz
07-11-2016, 05:49 AM
Mike.
There are quite a few of your kits running around at our club in various classes by different people.
I'm pleased to say that four of them have won me 1st place trophies.
So here's some more pressure for you. I expect this one to do the same.:laugh: Just kidding. What will be will be.

there's usually one at the pointy end of the field here. i still need to find the time to build the GP310 i have sitting here for EA (4s class)

cybercrxt
07-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Hey Guys, Had a fun weekend testing out the rigger. I got it all built Saturday morning, and went out Saturday afternoon, and ran in some rough stuff, then went back Sunday, and ran in some medium and calm water. I ran an Andy Brown H7, then an H7 that I cut, and then a 1450 that I cut, and the 1450 really settled the back end down, and the boat started really moving. Even in the rough water, it would hook up a lot better coming off waves. The boat is very stable. I would say this is by far the best handling 30" range boat I have worked with. The GSX310 sport hydro would probably have struggled to maintain a top speed in the rough water and wind. This rigger loved heading straight into the wind, heck, I was holding it wide open into the wind! I have yet to actually blow it off the water, so my quarter round on the bottom is doing its job and allowing for the nice top deck curvature that we have come to love, haha. As far as I am concerned, the boat is just what I wanted. Some fine tuning may still be needed, but I feel I could get out and race it right now and compete just fine, especially if its rough. I will take some prop pics of the 1450 I used, so you can see the tongue cut. All in all, it put a big smile on my face, and for my first rigger design, I am really pleased! Here are some videos of 4 different runs. I will be contacting macomb today about supplying me the turn fins as I would like to add them as an option to the kit. Just need to see if he is still up for the challenge! haha...Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvvwDeIjmLk

cybercrxt
07-11-2016, 08:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sInhChdzew

cybercrxt
07-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Day 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdUt-rIboLU

cybercrxt
07-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Day 2a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f89SdKqLHj4

cybercrxt
07-11-2016, 09:02 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160709_102819_zpsgpohfhhq.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/20160709_133659_zpsr6ptgrds.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/IMG_20160709_30466_zpsmlcnmvkw.jpg

wuzofoz
07-11-2016, 06:44 PM
looks great and coming together quickly

cybercrxt
07-12-2016, 10:01 AM
updated at last post.

HOTWATER
07-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Just put my order in @ Zippkits...there are ONLY 9 pairs of Long Boom Tube Sleeves-5/16 LEFT!!!

BETTER HURRY FELLAS...It's gonna be feast or famine with those sleeves soon!!! ; )*!**

cybercrxt
07-13-2016, 04:19 PM
Macomb is busting out the turn fins for us. He has them all made, just has to sharpen and bend, then they are on their way here!

ray schrauwen
07-13-2016, 11:21 PM
What battery power did you use ??? Mah, etc..

HOTWATER
07-14-2016, 01:12 AM
I believe Mike used a Hyperion 4S 5400 pack...

ray schrauwen
07-14-2016, 05:04 AM
Thx!

Darin Jordan
07-14-2016, 08:18 AM
FE Version:

1) Darin Jordan OSE- order info received

I processed payment through your Website this morning, Mike... Should be all set! :)

cybercrxt
07-14-2016, 09:42 AM
updated at last post.

cybercrxt
07-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Got it Darin, Reed, and Paul.

And yes, I used a 5400mah 35c Hyperion 4s pack, but with P limited, you could definately do a 5000mah.

T.S.Davis
07-14-2016, 10:27 AM
FINEEEE!

Another boat to build. Son of a biscuit.

cybercrxt
07-14-2016, 10:39 AM
Lol, OK?

T.S.Davis
07-14-2016, 10:49 AM
hahah I'm wearing myself down Mike. I do this all the time. Get another while I'm working on one. I'm not super bright.

cybercrxt
07-14-2016, 11:04 AM
You don't have to get one Terry... You will miss the nice discount, but I would understand. :tt2:

T.S.Davis
07-14-2016, 11:34 AM
Too late. Sent the dough. haha

I'll get to it. This one looks like a sensible build. My Pearle with all the changes is a little out there. Add that to racing like a fool and it's been taxing.

cybercrxt
07-14-2016, 11:56 AM
You did? I didnt see a PP payment? Did you mail a check? Let me know, Mike

T.S.Davis
07-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Paypal from the website. let em check again.

T.S.Davis
07-14-2016, 12:53 PM
Think I screwed it up the first time. Check again Mike. Should be there.

cybercrxt
07-14-2016, 04:14 PM
Hey Terry, sorry for the delay, Yep, I got it! Thanks! Mike

cybercrxt
07-14-2016, 04:15 PM
updated at last post.

ray schrauwen
07-15-2016, 01:06 PM
Bear with me Mike. I'm buried in doing a pair of front hubs on my 2002 Monte Carlo. First one spline was seized, it's out now. I'll understand if miss out however, I do plan on purchasing before August first.

cybercrxt
07-18-2016, 08:50 AM
No problem Ray. The kits will be here when you are ready! I will honor the current pricing as well, no problem man! Mike

cybercrxt
07-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Just an update. Sorry I have not been on here. Busy weekend in the garage doing fiberglass parts and plug/ mold making. I have 6 cowlings done now, so only a few more to go and I am caught up with the current orders. The kits were put on order last week, and should be cut and shipped in the next day or two! I should hear something from Macomb about the fins maybe today as well. So if all goes well, I might be boxing and shipping late this week, or early next! Thanks for the patience, Mike

HOTWATER
07-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Just an update. Sorry I have not been on here. Busy weekend in the garage doing fiberglass parts and plug/ mold making. I have 6 cowlings done now, so only a few more to go and I am caught up with the current orders. The kits were put on order last week, and should be cut and shipped in the next day or two! I should hear something from Macomb about the fins maybe today as well. So if all goes well, I might be boxing and shipping late this week, or early next! Thanks for the patience, Mike

You have always come thru for me Mike...No worries here!! : )

cybercrxt
07-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Thanks Kent, I got good news on all accounts today. The turn fins were shipped, and will be here Wednesday, and the kits were shipped, and might be here thursday. So, it is possible I start getting kits out late this week, if not, monday of next week!

785boats
07-18-2016, 04:16 PM
WooHoo!!!
I can smell the fresh Birch already.
I love that smell.

cybercrxt
07-18-2016, 04:20 PM
It is probably the laser burn you are actually smelling...hahahahahaha

bob horowitz
07-18-2016, 09:53 PM
Mike,
My hat is off to you. The way you and your buddies crank this stuff out is amazing! Now I really have to get components ordered.
Bob

jim82
07-19-2016, 01:13 AM
:iagree:

cybercrxt
07-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Thanks guys!

cybercrxt
07-19-2016, 01:31 PM
updated at last post.

cybercrxt
07-20-2016, 11:39 AM
The turn fins and kits arrived today! I will do my best to start packaging these up for shipment!

cybercrxt
07-25-2016, 09:54 AM
updated at last post.

cybercrxt
07-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Hey Guys, List updated. I have shipped out the first few orders, but ran low on cowlings. Had a lot going on, and been out of town last weekend. I will be layup up cowls all week, and shipping kits as they come out of the mold. Having one mold is the hold up right now, but I will get the orders out as soon as I can. Thanks everyone! Mike

cyberhoops
07-26-2016, 02:01 PM
Count me in. I just put my order in today. I can't let Darin and Greg be the only club members with a new ride.

Nice work Mike.

Jim Stephens
(and Zip Kits is down to 3 more boom supports in stock)

cybercrxt
07-26-2016, 04:19 PM
Hey Jim, the wood kit is already sent to my laser guy actually, along with some other peoples. I just have to get the cowling laid up, and quarter round pieces together to ship to you separately. Cowling layups are the hold up right now! I only get one done a day, and I am doing them every time I have time! haha. Thanks guys, Mike

cybercrxt
07-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Anyone who reads this, go to http://woodrcboatkit...oplane-kit.html (http://woodrcboatkits.com/index.php/rsx310-fe-outrigger-hydroplane-kit.html) and do your order there.

PS, if you reply here, please quote this post, so the next guy will see what is going on and they can PM me too!

Please remember to order your carbon solid 5/16" rods from Zippkits, and if you want to use the aluminum rod end inserts for the sponsons, they have them as well. You guys may buy him out, haha. For a complete list of exactly what hardware, and electrics I used on my build, see post #52,53,58

FE Version:

1) Reed Eagle OSE PAID IN FULL, ships Tuesday
2) Greg Schweers, website, PAID IN FULL, PAID IN FULL, ships Tuesday
3) Macomb, kit arrived
4) Ron Wojtasek Paid in full, laser cut kit shipped, Cowling and dowels, and fin will ship Tuesday
5) James Stephens, Paid in full, laser cut kit shipped, Cowling and dowels, and fin will ship Tuesday
6) Paul Renna OSE IW contacted, order soon

2) Rockin Robin Stebbins IW
3) Shane Bastick IW
4) Dale Hobbs x 2 kits- Facebook
5) Ray Sametz IW

Darin Jordan
07-29-2016, 03:33 PM
Mine has arrived... will sit in the box for a bit, though. Have the Nationals to finish prepping for. :)

785boats
08-02-2016, 08:06 PM
The 4 kits arrived down here this morning.
Brilliant.
I was hoping to get the Keps rigger finished first.

Thanks Mike.
Well packaged by the way.

Cheers.
Paul.

cybercrxt
08-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Awesome, Glad they made it safe, especially those 4 to you Paul..Lot of wood and glass in there beating around!

cybercrxt
08-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Anyone who reads this, go to http://woodrcboatkit...oplane-kit.html (http://woodrcboatkits.com/index.php/rsx310-fe-outrigger-hydroplane-kit.html) and do your order there.

PS, if you reply here, please quote this post, so the next guy will see what is going on and they can PM me too!

Please remember to order your carbon solid 5/16" rods from Zippkits, and if you want to use the aluminum rod end inserts for the sponsons, they have them as well. You guys may buy him out, haha. For a complete list of exactly what hardware, and electrics I used on my build, see post #52,53,58

FE Version:

1) Macomb, kit arrived
2) Paul Renna OSE IW contacted, order soon

2) Rockin Robin Stebbins IW
3) Shane Bastick IW
4) Dale Hobbs x 2 kits- Facebook
5) Ray Sametz IW

785boats
08-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Mike.
A couple of quick questions.
Is the location & height of the turn fin in the photos in post #160, where you finished up with it or did you move it at all during the testing?
And where is the CoG on the boat & in relation to the turn fin?
Thanks.

P.S
Sorry. One more. Is the sponson width still at 14 - 7/8" ?

cybercrxt
08-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Paul, The turn fin stayed where it started actually! The leading edge of the fin is mounted at the trailing edge of the sponson, and the CoG is toward the rear of the turn fin, but could go further back. I will have to check it closer and make sure that is correct as I cannot remember off hand. And yep, 14-7/8" inside to inside width on the sponsons.

785boats
08-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Thanks Mike.
All sounds good to me. So that's where I'll keep things to start with. I've got enough wood in the sponson to adjust the fin easily enough. COG towards the rear part of the fin is good.

Cheers.
Paul

Reed Eagle
08-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Mike,

My kit arrived safe and sound.

Thanks.

Grumpy Old Reed

cybercrxt
08-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Haha, Grumpy Old Reed...Reed, I have never heard you sound anything but happy on the phone! Glad the kit got there safe! Mike

ray schrauwen
08-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Q: early in the build you have no brass sleeves for the booms however later you do. Will I need to drill these out for the brass or are they ready? If I have to drill them out, which way is best?

HOTWATER
08-10-2016, 11:18 PM
Not sure about the holes that are drilled for the brass tubes (have to check mine) but I did have to enlarge the holes in the sponsons for the Zippkits boom tube end supports. I used a lexan body reamer...worked like a champ!!

785boats
08-11-2016, 02:33 AM
Ray.
The holes are already laser cut for the boom tubes.

ray schrauwen
08-11-2016, 04:35 AM
Thx!

cybercrxt
08-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Yep, the holes are drilled for brass tubes, and if you use the zippkits inserts, you will have to open those up slightly. Mike

ray schrauwen
08-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Ok, thanks!

cybercrxt
08-23-2016, 09:32 AM
Anyone have any build pics to share besides Paul (has a build thread in another section on OSE)???

T.S.Davis
08-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Sorry Mike. Haven't even opened the box. Too deep in other crap right now.

wuzofoz
08-23-2016, 04:40 PM
i started mine 2 days ago so not much to share

cybercrxt
08-23-2016, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the updates guys. Hopefully everyone can get started soon! I have an update...The RSX-310 Stand is now designed, and will be added to the website asap. It will be much cheaper than the other stands as I have made it a single 1/4" thick ply, instead of (2) 1/4" thick ply layers. This will reduce a lot of cutting cost, and structure will be just as good on these smaller boats. This one also HAS A PROP GUARD FOR NAMBA!!! YAY! haha. Here are some pics! Mike

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310Sc_zpsuajfmkz1.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310S_zpsu0xmhksu.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310Sb_zpssushkbm3.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/RSX310%20Rigger/RSX310Sa_zpsvnsupf8h.jpg

Brushless55
08-23-2016, 07:44 PM
That stand looks pretty darn sick !

great job man :thumbup1:

wuzofoz
08-24-2016, 05:49 AM
3 days in. should go get some CA :lol:
everything is going together so easy so far

cybercrxt
08-29-2016, 09:49 AM
Looking real good! Mike

cybercrxt
08-30-2016, 09:34 AM
The stand is now available on the website! Thanks, Mike

http://woodrcboatkits.com/index.php/gp400v1-v2-sx400-sport-40-hydroplane-stand-shs-710.html

cybercrxt
08-31-2016, 11:27 AM
A new stand for the GSX380 and GSX310 has been finished, along with a lot of other cool stuff. These stands have prop guards, and the prices are a lot lower as I changed how they were being made. I have also modified the GP and SX series stands, and the Universal outtrigger stands to lower the prices. Should make these much more reasonable to purchase! Thanks, Mike

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/ML%20Boatworks%20Boat%20Stands/GSX-380Sa_zpsrkazz0og.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/ML%20Boatworks%20Boat%20Stands/GSX-380S_zpsydyqykvx.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/ML%20Boatworks%20Boat%20Stands/GSX-310Sa_zpsksuqlftx.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/spoonefcrx/ML%20Boatworks%20Boat%20Stands/GSX-310S_zpsqbyjqw9k.jpg

-

Brushless55
08-31-2016, 01:50 PM
Look good!

HOTWATER
08-31-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm looking at ordering three stands from you Mike. GP400, GSX310 and RSX310.

cybercrxt
09-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Sounds good Kent!

Doug Smock
09-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Heavy sigh..............When will my RSX*** T boat be ready??? lol

Nice work Mike!

D.

cybercrxt
09-02-2016, 10:04 AM
Your what Doug??? Lol

ray schrauwen
03-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Are there any instructions for the RSX310?

HOTWATER
03-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Are there any instructions for the RSX310?

Ray, it pretty much is explained with pics in this thread starting at post 44....pretty straight forward...

-Kent

ray schrauwen
03-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Okee dokee.

cybercrxt
03-13-2017, 09:07 AM
Ray did you find the info you needed? I gotta get this manual done. Jeez time is flying by. Mike

ray schrauwen
03-13-2017, 09:12 AM
Yes, pretty much thanks. Parts are coming like booms etc... Then to start...

I'll play with it and if I need help I'll ask.

cybercrxt
03-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Feel free to email, or text me any time, (252) 717-6282. I definitely can answer anything you run across! Mike

ray schrauwen
03-26-2017, 05:20 PM
I hope to start building this week. I will probably call you if I'm stuck.

One question I'm not in a rush for but has me scratching my head. You have one water intake and two for exhaust. How did you work that? Y splitter?

cybercrxt
03-27-2017, 10:12 AM
Yes, I had a y splitter inside!

cybercrxt
10-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Has anyone finished their RSX310 or 380's? Just wondering, I would love some more feedback! Mike

ray schrauwen
10-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Sorry, have not started yet. I promise to build it this winter. Just one or two others in front.

ML265 Starboard sponson pretty please :thumbup1:

T.S.Davis
10-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Me too Mike. Still in the box. I've been bust racing and there are 3 in the hopper already.

cybercrxt
10-13-2017, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, just trying to see if anyone is out enjoying their boat! I really loved the one I made for the r&d testing. Keep me posted! Mike

bob horowitz
10-13-2017, 03:28 PM
Mike,
I've got the one Brad built for me, but I still have not set it up. Busy, busy summer. I also have the 24. I'll try to get them done this winter. I may just start cutting back on my hours at work. My wife has started to bug me about working fewer hours. She wants to build a new house on a piece of property that we bought. Me, I like it just where we are. She wants to be in town. Ugh!
Regards,
Bob

ray schrauwen
01-04-2018, 09:06 AM
Me too Mike. Still in the box. I've been bust racing and there are 3 in the hopper already.

Are you setting it up as limited power or full P?

I can do either. I just want a class to run it.

ray schrauwen
03-05-2018, 12:59 AM
Got the sponsons all tacked up. If you use Zippkits boom tube holders you have to put the front ones in before putting the doubled part in or you will be stuck. I did remember this however I made another mistake that I had to Debond the CA glue tacking and remove, clean, reposition the inner stringer. All is good now with tons of help from Mike who was just a message away.

Great customer service for sure!

Meniscus
03-21-2018, 11:39 AM
Quick question Mike, does the RSX240 feature the same turn fin or has it been scaled differently? Thanks.

Also, please send me a text and let me know what size lipo will fit in the smaller hull. Will 2p fit?

mojoracer
03-23-2018, 09:08 AM
Got the sponsons all tacked up. If you use Zippkits boom tube holders you have to put the front ones in before putting the doubled part in or you will be stuck. I did remember this however I made another mistake that I had to Debond the CA glue tacking and remove, clean, reposition the inner stringer. All is good now with tons of help from Mike who was just a message away.

Great customer service for sure!

Did the same thing Ray! Unfortunately mine were epoxied on already! I ended up spinning the heads down on a lathe.

ray schrauwen
03-23-2018, 09:32 AM
I was tempted to do the same. I was at Wendy's place and my lathe is 1.5hours away.

How did you set yourself up, full P or Limited power?

mojoracer
03-23-2018, 10:46 AM
I was tempted to do the same. I was at Wendy's place and my lathe is 1.5hours away.

How did you set yourself up, full P or Limited power?

Hoping it will work for both with motor change.

ray schrauwen
03-23-2018, 10:56 AM
Hoping it will work for both with motor change.

Me too. :Peace_Sign:

ray schrauwen
03-23-2018, 11:00 AM
Any pictures of the business end Bob?

Top secret? Lol... I better try my own thing instead of riding coat tails.

785boats
03-23-2018, 11:20 PM
Ray.
Post #11 in this thread shows how I did mine if it is any help.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?55428-Ml-Boatworks-RSX310-Rigger&highlight=rsx310

mojoracer
03-31-2018, 12:40 PM
My RSX310 is nearing completion! Put a coat of primer on it today. Motor mount is in, all hardware holes are drilled and stuffing box done. Just need to bend the 1/4" tube and finish painting. Cold day out in the garage, but the catalyzed primer seems to be setting up fine!

HOTWATER
03-31-2018, 04:29 PM
My RSX310 is nearing completion! Put a coat of primer on it today. Motor mount is in, all hardware holes are drilled and stuffing box done. Just need to bend the 1/4" tube and finish painting. Cold day out in the garage, but the catalyzed primer seems to be setting up fine!

Looks Good Bob!!